Imagine being so cynic you make the same movie 4 times and keep making it until you die

Imagine being so cynic you make the same movie 4 times and keep making it until you die

Attached: weathering-with-you.jpg (670x360, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/134578541/
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=18171
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I swear to fucking god if I see another Shinkai movie where boy falls in love with a girl, but sci-fi shit happens I'll not go to theaters to watch it

Holy fuck why do nips eat this garbage up?

Can't be worse than the worst movie ever made anyway

Attached: kumo-no-mukou.jpg (225x316, 36K)

nips are ronery

How do you know this just from the trailer?

Boy loves girl but some sci-fi/supernatural plot point is an obstacle in their relationship
How much do you want to bet on it?

Imagine using a word while not understanding what it means

I've only seen the trailer and this is already my favorite anime ever. I don't even understand Japanese

If this bullshit doesn't have a happy ending, Shinkai needs to kill himself.

This better not be another Your Name, Shinkai needs to go back to making sad movies.

I've only seen the trailer and the ending made me cry, best movie ever

He will never stop making a boy meets girl film.
He actually said this in an interview.
He also doesn't do book/manga adaptations.

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Makoto Shinkai truly is the Nicholas Sparks of anime.

Attached: EYQMW.jpg?1.jpg (3264x1836, 580K)

We've been through this shit before two years ago: desuarchive.org/a/thread/134578541/

People here on Yea Forums knew what Your Name was going to be before it even premiered. Shinkai doesn't have an original bone in his body. The merit for his movies belongs to the animation director, not Shinkai.

Actually animation in very basic understanding of it (as in moving pictures) is pretty fucking average in his movies and doesn't stand out in any way. It's absolutely Shinkai's CG backgrounds that make his movies stand out at all.

If Shinkai would stop being delusional and think he's director or has a story to tell and just lend his talent for admittedly impressive looking CG backgrounds, he'll truly shine, he's really held back only by his own ambition which is matched by his own unoriginality. I think Makoto Shinkai collaboration with Mamoru Hosoda would look amazing, both of them usually insert love plotlines and both of them like to inject their stories with sci-fi elements.

>2015 was 2 years ago

Attached: 1554150583274.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Attached: 1546698718232.png (620x620, 344K)

Miyazaki must be rolling in his grave right now

>2017 was 4 years ago

Attached: 1547179913965.png (1280x718, 321K)

Attached: 1551899561449.jpg (250x250, 13K)

I've only watched 1 Shinkai film and 1 Miyazaki film. Your name is unironically better than spirited away in every single possible metric: story/plot, visuals, animation quality, voice acting, sound, music, etc

What's the problem here? As a director/creator, you have a preference and desire to tell a single type of story and it happens to be a story that a lot of people are interested in. Why would you not seek to tell that story again and again in pursuit of your perceived notion of perfection when the demand is there to promote people to back your endeavors financially?

>animation quality

Attached: 1550639006884.gif (300x252, 2.59M)

I would agree with you only if you are implying Goro.

Poppy hill was better than shinkai's pre-5cm stuff.

At least he started putting happy endings instead of bitersweet/sad

Attached: THE PEEKING KAOS.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Poppy Hill was better than even some post-5cm stuff too.

>just lend his talent for admittedly impressive looking CG backgrounds,
Except for the fact that, like most directors, he only supervises a staff of people he works with, rather than doing any of the background (or even animation) work himself: animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=18171
He gets no points for that, unlike Studio Kusanagi, which dedicates solely to do background work.

>he's really held back only by his own ambition which is matched by his own unoriginality
True that. It's worse now after Your Name became a Frozen-level hit in Japan. Remember that anime movies don't do *that* well with mainstream audiences. It's impossible to get Ghibli-like numbers and not have the fame and fortune going through your head.

Eh, it's not much different to me desu, he still uses same cheap soap opera balls tickling techniques.

I am almost 100% sure that when male self-insert turned to see female self-insert at the end of 5 Names per Words Shinkai considered not showing us that male self-insert saw female self-insert and drew entire ending and just like months before release decided to show that out of peer pressure. If he didn't show that male self-insert saw female self-insert that would've been the exact same "bittersweet ending" like in his previous movies.

That's not Earthsea.

The people eat it up, Do you blame him?

Attached: 1535789198578.gif (510x662, 232K)

Like children who chase lost voices? Definitely. Ain't that funny? Miyazaki's landscaper of a son can copy his father's style better than a "seasoned" director from the industry.