Why did she do it?

Also I don't understand End of Evangelion?

Why was nerve being attacked? why did they make the Asuka fight the other Evas?
What was Gendo trying to accomplish wih Rei, if he saw his wife anyway?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USKzAj1dOq4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is no real meaning, they took the 2deep4u concept to a point where they didnt know what to do anymore

So all that was for nothing?

I just wanted to know why they were physically fighting at the end?

Attached: vincent-andrada-rurouni-kenshin-kenshin-himura-by-windowpaper-da0vuq0.jpg (1191x670, 226K)

She was getting him to man up and stop being a depressive wreck of a teenager.

>Why was nerve being attacked?
They were elimated so SEELE could take control of Instrumentality.

>why did they make the Asuka fight the other Evas?
Only a king may kill a king.

What was Gendo trying to accomplish wih Rei, if he saw his wife anyway?
Yui was avoiding him. He wanted to trigger Instrumentality to force her to be with him for eternity. She appeared at the end to admonish him for his sins and his cruelty to their son.

Oh, man, here we go again.
Misato still is on her old game of throwing sex at her problems, her only thought of how to get Shinji motivated was kissing him (and promising to keep going after that even though she knew she was dying)
With Shinji pussying out and Rei being abducted by Gendo Asuka was the only one left to fight the Evas.
Gendo was trying to get himself in charge of the 3. Impact, Rei said nope and gave that power to Shinji instead.
Just rewatch the movie.

ty, so was it just trying to be deep? I liked the show. got confused at parts, but still

So the real question is did it have meaning?

Attached: OOHIeFS.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

It was the best thing she could come up with to make him try and fight for everyone's survival. Wisdom wasn't exactly her thing.
NERV were attacked because Gendo had stopped obeying Seele and was trying to make Third Impact go the way he wanted it. This was basically official when he had Rei throw the Lance of Longinus to the Moon, but sicne NERV was still needed to fight off the last angels Seele had remained patient. With the last angel out of the way and Gendo's plans being close to complete the time for patience was over and the time for ultraviolence was at hand.
Gendo wanted to actually be with his wife again, not just see a quick vision of her before death.

Attached: Absolut.jpg (512x768, 31K)

>Why did she do it?

SHE A THOT

>was it just trying to be deep
Eva is unironically Deep, more so than almost any other anime. Of course a lot of it just rule of cool though. It‘s pretty amazing how well it manages to combine these aspects.

NERV was being attacked because Gendo had been secretly using SEELE's plan to further his own goals; he wasn't going to do instrumentality the way they wanted, he was going to do it HIS way, and considering how big an event that is, they couldn't afford to let him succeed because they wouldn't get a second chance to do it again

SEELE sent the mass produced EVA's for 2 reasons: 1) they are an integral part of the instrumentality plan, they all needed to be there when shit went down or it would fail, and 2) the mass produced EVA's could help neutralize NERV's forces while waiting for instrumentality to start
Asuka fought them because they were there, and seemingly attacking NERV and Tokyo

Rei was another instrumentality condition, Gendo thought that by controlling her he could make instrumentality bend to his will, but it didn't work because she turned on him
if he had his version of instrumentality happened, it wouldn't have played out like it did in the movie (likely we will never know what would have actually happened) where he saw his wife for 20 seconds and she called him out on being a shit dad, then he got eaten by a mental projection of EVA 01, his version would have probably been a lot nicer for him

Wrong. The real question is "God, why couldn't that be me?"

This Youtube video is one of the best and most comprehensive breakdowns of Eva ever and you should watch it before asking if it was deep or not.
The misspronunciation of Evangelion is killing me though
youtube.com/watch?v=USKzAj1dOq4

How did SEELE have control/authority over Kaworu? Did they create him, or just have him in custody since his "birth" after second impact?

Attached: 20180409_074217.jpg (4128x3096, 3.31M)

>so was it just trying to be deep?
Deep can mean a lot of things. Was there a lot of meaning behind the symbolism? Not really. Was there a lot of information that could only be gleamed through analyzing the subtext? Absolutely.

To motivate him physically, as she wasn't able to emotionally reach him.
Seele wanted to start Instrumentality and have it under their own influence. They feared that Gendo was going to do his own version of it.
Rei was missing and Unit 1 stuck in baktelite unable to fight. Asuka was sent to defend Nerv.
Take full control of Instrumentality so he wouldn't get rekt by his wife.

It's funny, i've seen the series 3 times and been discussing it in threads for at least 2 years, and just this week it was brought to my attention that Yui was actually the mastermind behind all this shit. Probably because i drink when watching anime, but it really never dawned on me that most of EoE was her fucking fault/doing.

Attached: 1528859607619.jpg (1000x1421, 405K)

One thing to remember is that while Gendo certainly didn't get his take on instrumentality, Seele didn't really either since they appear to have wanted humanity to stay as the fused supersoul instead of being split up again as Shinji made it. The instrumentality we got was Yui's, sealing her chosen fate of being an eternal testament to mankind's existence as she floats through space in her immortal Eva-01 body. So ten years dead she outplayed both Gendo and Seele in order to become something thoroughly inhuman. She's a scary one.

They probably tried to, by saying whatever they though would make him do what they wanted, but ultimately he saw the truth and choose his own path. Whether this was what Seele wanted or (thanks to the dead sea scrolls) expected is unknown, and to him pretty irrelevant.

Attached: sample_49f83c50435b1a6eba04a5e73d4d7f15365c450a.jpg (850x1263, 191K)

>They were elimated so SEELE could take control of Instrumentality.
i don't get this one , doesn't Instrumentality. make everybody equal ? what's the point of taking the control of it ?

Seele's goal with instrumentality would merge every human soul into a single entity.
Gendpo's version most likely wouldn't have, since he wanted both his and Yui's souls separate, distinct, and together. Possibly alive, possibly just on the other side, and possibly as eternally undying somethings. He probably didn't really care about the details there too much. What'd become of the rest of humanity, well, god knows. Or would, if not for the fact that in that scenario God would have been Gendo, and thus not giving a flying fuck.

Attached: 1265858929272.jpg (2608x2343, 1.72M)

Instrumentality is achieved with the power of Adam and Lilith (aka. Rei). Control Rei, you control how instrumentality is achieved. Seele wanted to make all of humanity (but mostly themself) into Gods, Gendo jutted wanted to revive Yui and Shinji eventually grants humanity the possibility to escape instrumentality and regain individuality if they so desire.

She knew Shinji is unreliable and therefore attempted to provide Shinji with motivation based on her understanding of teenage boys in general.

What was Gendo's goal before 2nd Impact, when Yui has Fuyutsuki bail him out of jail? Was he just a scientist with a bad attitude and no real goals?
What was Gendo's goal after 2nd Impact, but before Yui died? To make an Evangelion because it seemed like a good idea?
I know after she died, all he cared about was seeing her again or "getting her back," but what was he about until that point? Was he just happily in love, working on science things with the woman who changed his life, or was he always up to something?

Attached: 1550877039225.png (294x399, 152K)

He was probably just up to pleasing Yui.

Attached: mother.jpg (800x436, 88K)

>What was Gendo's goal before 2nd Impact, when Yui has Fuyutsuki bail him out of jail?
I believe they only met after 2nd Impact. But he's with her to infiltrate himself into the ranks of SEELE. Her father was a higher ranking member.
>What was Gendo's goal after 2nd Impact, but before Yui died?
To see Instrumentality as it played out: with Shinji rejecting it and giving the human race a new chance at life.

Just checked Episode 21, Nerv is born. Yui starts working for Fuyutuski in 1999. He bails Gendo out the same year; the next scene Yui tells Fuyu that she gave Gendo his number and has been "dating him, a lot." She may have already been pregnant during 2nd Impact
It seems like he was always interested in Instrumentality and causing 3rd impact using the Eva's, i just wasn't sure how much his motives changed.

this guy gets it