Is Sora yori mo Tooi Basho an example of a time flop (anime that initially succeeds but now largely forgotten with no...

Is Sora yori mo Tooi Basho an example of a time flop (anime that initially succeeds but now largely forgotten with no sequel in sight)?

Attached: Yorishit.jpg (640x960, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/R3oT9xO1Aehwpb5Ish5gmA/
boards.fireden.net/a/search/filename/Forced Drama.jpg/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not every anime needs to be remembered for decades afterward.

Yes. Meanwhile Violet Evergarden is what one would call a timeless success.

Attached: 1551819056016.jpg (3992x2467, 2.06M)

believe it or not, sometimes k-on goes a single month without a thread

it doesn't need a sequel, the story already ended
it's still the best anime of that year so there is that

>time flop
please don't use that term ever again

Lol

Fuck off, 2019 tripfag.

>time flop
Did you really just come up with this nonsense word.
People move on they don't keep talking about a show that has already been discussed to death.

Attached: 1531209198154.webm (272x356, 68K)

lol

This. VEG will always be better than time flops such as Yorimoi.

Attached: 1518199525641.png (1920x1080, 1.79M)

More like timeless meme, because I feel like it's only gonna get better.

How funny, I’ve watched zero (0) of these overrated pieces of garbage.

How do you know they're overrated, then?

All of those deserve at least some praise. Look at pic related if you want to see what real overrated garbage looks like.

Attached: 1546931867791.jpg (2664x986, 2.08M)

>time flop
the amount of cross-boarder newfaggotry on Yea Forums nowadays straight up makes me nauseous. I wish death upon every single one of you scumbags. Please just shut down Yea Forums already.

>but now largely forgotten with no sequel in sight
It isn't forgotten, it just doesn't have an autistic general who use it as a friend simulator

You again. Stop being so butthurt over yorimoi.

Attached: 1550453776086.png (561x887, 249K)

>different filenames
You are retarded.

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/R3oT9xO1Aehwpb5Ish5gmA/

Go see a psychologist already.

>still doesn't realize that the filenames are different

It was so good and successful that it doesn't need a sequel.

>rent free

Attached: 1539544886786.jpg (640x1080, 450K)

Nice "it doesn't have a sequel because the story is over" meme.

Attached: 3705A1BD-3D4C-488D-8027-77467604678C.png (645x729, 58K)

>i made sure to make my posts with different file names so people don't notice I'm an autistic retard

Attached: 1532735949485.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

>wojakposter
This is your average yorifag. Get off Yea Forums, cancer.

>if I change the filenames they wouldn't know it's me again and again and again

Attached: 1347868283797.png (316x317, 151K)

Yeah. Keep believing only one person thinks Yorimoi is overrated garbage. You can't prove it's just one person.

>anime is about going to antarctica and finding dead mom
>both objectives completed
>>but wheres sequel tho????? i bet it doesnt get one coz it flopped
have a (You) for trying

>You can't prove it's just one person.
t. one person

>anime is about saving the school by winning the tank championship
>objective completed
>one movie + ova + six more movies
You should now understand why that excuse is retarded.

Attached: 1541170635246.png (1087x710, 1.15M)

Well, not really, that anime was about girls driving tanks, the plot was just kind of there, because you need to have a plot. Doesn't help that they just reused it in the sequels.

Reminder that VEG is the true AOTY 2018 but was robbed by pretentious overrated unwatchable trash like YoriMoi, Yuru Camp, Zombieland Saga and SSSS Gridman

>original anime is about ending the suffering of young magical girls
>god-tier ending
>>two recap movies, one sequel movie, gacha game, different manga, and much more

Attached: madoka magica rebellion story - official art.jpg (5929x4101, 2.1M)

>plotfags actually think anyone cares about plot

is not like madoka ended with homura still being a magical girl with a different setting that could lead to more
garupan is a sports anime and there is always more tournaments

What a sequel to yorimoi would be about? going to antarctica again? that would be silly and going to any other place might as well be another different anime

It finished it's story. It sold great. Fuck off and die VEGtard.

>What a sequel to yorimoi would be about?
Going to North Pole to see Megu, but of course, a time flop like Yorimoi will never get a sequel.
>VEGtard
Fuck off back to Yea Forums.

>Touch your

Well considering this exact thread is made at least 25 times a week, it's definitely not forgotten.

I'm still trying to figure out which was the worst part about this show, the designs or the script.
>cutting your hair to get over your dead mother
Fucking seriously though?

Attached: 1514467350556.png (957x700, 542K)

Nice joke

Attached: 132654466.gif (500x357, 358K)

But rhat doesn't apply because GuP is otaku pandering trash with no real narrative vision. Is The Brothers Karamazon a shitty novel because it doesn't have shitloads of sequels like Harry Potter?

Sora Yori is an anime that I remember fondly but I don't need to discuss it, unless I'm recommending it to an acquaintance. Some experiences just close perfectly and don't need to be dissected nor memed on.

Attached: 1546343983078.jpg (500x555, 188K)

>no sequel
Doesn't need it. I think a spin-off about Megu would suit it very well.

Why is every yorifag an obvious anime hater?

Attached: 1532212778355.png (1021x1035, 1.33M)

I do wonder how long this will last.
Losing out on AOTY 2018 surely won't continue to annoy them by 2020 unless it ranks high for AOTD.

Attached: 1521576125477.png (600x600, 602K)

Sora Yori one of the best anime of the decade, THE 2018 AOTY, featured in the NYT among the best shows of 2018, etc.

When will VAGgags stop being butthurt their cheesy melodrama is now forgotten and could never attain the same level of universal acclaimed as Sora Yori?

script
>throwing away money because muh feels

I don't know why I still click on these threads. Even though I know better I still think I hope that I'll open it up to find people having fun like when the show was airing. But it's never like that. It's always like this. Was everyone else able to accept this new reality besides me? I'm I the only one who still does this?

Attached: Pen-geen.gif (540x304, 2.92M)

They're both forgettable, much like most of 2010s anime.

I don't think you should expect much from a thread with an OP like this.
We had a few decent threads after the show finished, although that was mostly due to a mod cleaning the thread early and presumably sticking around for most of it.

Attached: Sora yori mo Tooi Basho - 03 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_12.33.jpg (385x773, 40K)

lol

Actual haters of the show won't even remember this though, since it's oh so forgettable.
Do you really hate Yorimoi or you're using the shittiest excuse to shill?
You're doing a better job of shilling the show than actual Yorimoi fans.

Yeah not everyone likes VEG either.

>yorifags calling anything else a cheesy melodrama
Hilarious. Yorimoi is the definition of melodrama.

Attached: Forced Drama.jpg (3840x4320, 1.07M)

Sure, but that user's still right though.

boards.fireden.net/a/search/filename/Forced Drama.jpg/

that peeling animation triggered me, teenage girls should be better than this at cooking stuff

And?

Why you keep doing this?

Because he's mentally ill.

Because it's a fact.

If you dislike that anime so much, why you keep posting about it? Can't just move on? I don't start threads about shows I don't like

I genuinely love the show, and probably won't forget it for a long time, but there's no point in making or entering threads about it because the VEGfag has such a hateboner for it. I'd be impressed at his determination to shit on every Yori thread if it weren't so utterly pointless.

Seriously man, it's been over a year. What is your end goal?

VEG is better in every aspect but I can see why the reddit "people" prefer this one.
That's all I have to say.

The end goal is making people mad. And it works because people are unable to ignore them/actively seek to egg them on for the lulz. Believe it or not some people feed off of this shit because they have literally nothing else going on in their lives.

They'll treat anything as a masterpiece if their favorite e-celeb tells them to.

>anime that initially succeeds but now largely forgotten
there wasn't much a lot of stuff to talk about because it's an original show
>with no sequel in sight
why would anyone need a s2 it ended perfectly

also it's not the best show of 2018, grand blue is

>there wasn't much a lot of stuff to talk about because it's an original show
How new?

i didn't bother to watch it while it was airing , did i miss anything?

You missed another original show of the same season take over the board with shitposts and predictions.
Sora Yori is just extremely uninteresting, newfriend.

The story already ended, most questions were resolved, and it's an original story. Nothing else to see here. This isn't like Zombieland Saga which ended with the possibility of a continuation, Yorimoi is pretty much done. Same with Tada-kun if you need another example.

See and .

>actually making up a new term just to find a way to shit on the show
Then by your logic, shows like Amagi Brilliant Park, Hyouka, and Eromanga Sensei are also "time flops" because they have yet to have a season 2 despite doing well?

>Amagi Brilliant Park, Hyouka, and Eromanga Sensei
All of those at least had an OVA, thus they cannot be considered time flops.

But they didn't save the school immediately, the show ended with them just winning the tournament. I mean the plot of the first movie was that it was gonna get closed anyway despite their win.

>moving the goalposts

Then what about Hataraku Maou-sama then? Very popular anime, moderately popular LN. But it never got a season 2 despite positive reception. Or even Maidragon before S2 got announced.

>moving the goalposts
I said "no sequel in sight," not "no season 2 in sight."

At least Date A Live got sequels.

Didn't think it needed a sequel. Wrapped itself up pretty nicely.

It was as memorable as any anime released last year. It didn't really have the waifu factor that keeps shows in the loop of discussion on Yea Forums though

So I went and did some digging on 3x threads and you people are like water and oil.

It's no wonder you hate each other.

Attached: fandom taste.jpg (1900x916, 1.19M)

>It didn't really have the waifu factor that keeps shows in the loop of discussion on Yea Forums though
The character designs were undeniably ugly—that's true. I guess you could say it's UGDMT/Ugly Girls Doing Melodramatic Things.

Right now very few people online actually still care about either VEG or YoriMoi, they've mostly moved on to other stuff. It's mainly shitposters like OP who try to keep "discussion" alive, and threads like these are the result.

>implying Hinata wasn't a cutie and waifu material

heres your (you)

>"time flop" poster disappeared as soon as I brought up

I guess they only really care about YoriMoi after all and that no matter what, and that the term "time flop" was created by OP solely for it.

Threads have been like this for almost a year.

You simply cannot have a Yorimoi thread without shitflinging.

>Lucky Star
>one of the most successful anime of all time
>very popular at its peak
>never had a proper sequel
>at best only had those spin-off OVA and that spin-off shorts that wasn't even a sequel
Is this a "time flop" to you?

I really don't understand what went wrong. Back when the show started and even until about the time it ended, threads were usually shitposter free. It's been a while but I remember all this began when apparently some e-celeb made a review of Sorayori, all of a sudden the shitposting began. Is that really what happened? I mean, Sorayori wasn't even popular on Yea Forums until about halfway through.

>made by KyoAni
>time flop
Pick one.

nobody talks about Lucky Star anymore though

>moving the goalposts
I knew it.

>time flop
Stop inventing random terms.

Also Sora yori was bad, I dunno why people liked it.

>Yorimoi
>popular
>successful
>never had a sequel
>people care so much about this fact

>Accel World
>popular
>successful
>didn't even get a season 2, only that one movie that was half-recap and half anime-original
>no one on Yea Forums cares about the latter fact

Explain yourselves Yea Forums.

VEGans are peak pretentiousness, anime is meant to be fun to watch and that's it.

Yorimoi is completely lacking even in the fanart/doujin department, let alone sequels. It's the definition of a time flop.

>moving goalposts again
I thought we were talking about sequels here?

Time flop means it succeeded initially but became forgotten later.

So Accel World?

tripfag

>time flop
You know you can't just make shit up and expect people to accept it.

>VEGfags on Yea Forums can't stop talking about VEG and going about sales and streaming, as well as critical reception
>Yet they never bring up Free, KyoAni's most successful anime of their current in-house adaptations era
>They don't talk about or care about Free despite Free also having great animation, selling far better, getting not one but two additional seasons plus movies
>VEGfags don't give a damn about Free despite Free being the far more successful show
Come on guys, if you want to praise KyoAni and proclaim their superiority, can't you at least use Free as your example instead of VEG?

>inb4 Free was successful because fujoshi
Yeah, like remember how Tsurune set the world on fire?

>he cares about free
Faggot.

Attached: 1496540425205.png (823x720, 628K)

>he is still buttblasted over sora yori

Attached: 1522109996988.png (396x365, 282K)

Why shouldn't you? As a KyoAnifag, regardless of your actual opinions of the show, you need to accept that it, and not VEG, is the paragon of their success.

Who said I'm a kyoanifag? Most of their productions are vapid as fuck.
I'm just not a faggot like you.

This was a pretty good anime, but 2018 kinda sucked regarding anime quality, so it's considered one of the best of that year. And i kinda agree on that.

you're a timeflop

yori is an anime. I don't hate yori. I don't hate anime. I hate you, your shit taste, your hubris, your shitposting and your philistinism. You're a faggot, you're underage, you're human trash and you have no redeeming qualities as a sentient organism. Understand the difference.

Nice necro OP, surely you're gonna fool people.

1 year and half and still seething

Why would it need a sequel?

I dont get why this autist even picked GS as part of this, it was not that popular.

You can expect autism like this thread moment this show was noticed by actual outside anime mainstream.

It was a good show and it had an actual ending. It told the story it wanted to tell, I don't see why it needs a sequel. Not everything is a single-cour LN/manga advert which stops at some arbitrary point in a much longer story and would need several times the number of episodes it received in order to be complete.