It looks like Funimation with their ultra localized dub script subs (Herkz style) is getting a lot of anime this season...

It looks like Funimation with their ultra localized dub script subs (Herkz style) is getting a lot of anime this season. Their numbers rival CR already.
Should we, EOP, be worried about the quality of subs in the future?
Amazon and Hi-Dive are getting better (despite shit typesetting), but there's not enough Nii-sama to fix all these new Funi subs.
The future is looking grim for actual anime fans.

Attached: SPring 20199.jpg (1211x818, 184K)

Learn Japanese.

collecting anime with subs is more fun

If you haven’t learned Japanese by this point you’re probably unironically a zoomer.

I'm learning, but it's とっても難しいでちゅー

Why licensors and translators (and fasubbers) can't understand that their English subs are consumed by an international audience and not an exclusively American one is beyond me. Heavy localization is always burger-centric and it makes it a very shitty experience for anyone who isn't one.

>Dude just learn one of the most complicated languages in the world to watch cartoons targeted for kids

My guess is that Funi translators didn't watch fansubs or didn't grow up when fansubs were still a thing, so they just blindly follow American localisation conventions. The (paying) viewers probably can't tell the difference anyway. I have no idea why fansubbers do it; maybe they're auditioning for paid work.

>I have no idea why fansubbers do it;
"professional" wannabe and literally herkz's close friends/followers

Enjoy your shit subs lmao

Funi employees hate their jobs and they hate anime. They don't care and they legitimately don't like you. I'm being 100% serious, check out their employee reviews on glassdoor.

>Funi employees hate their jobs
That will actually make me enjoy the subs a little bit. I'm glad that the people making them deliberately bad are slowly degenerating into stressed out and depressed husks. They deserve it.

Professional N1 dudes who failed into getting a job at diplomacy or law firms.

I'm more angry that the people that get involved in the industry are always either normalfags or SJW retards. Why go through the effort to learn the language and work with a medium you find offensive?
Meanwhile I wageslave so I don't have time to learn moonrunes even though I would immensely benefit from it.

Who the hell studies Japanese in university not liking anime from the start?

>I wageslave so I don't have time to learn moonrunes
If you watch around 5-6 episodes of subbed anime per day and pay attention, you can pick up a huge amount of Japanese vocabulary after a few years.

You're probably right, that explains a lot of their hostility, probably a similar thing happens in game localizations.

Mostly meme phrases and 0 ability to read. Nothing close to fluency.

A lot of people, actually. especially in Asia. Japan is one of the top country after all.

After a few years you can pretty much watch raws, which is good enough. I can guarantee that.

This is the real reason. Those jobs, as well as technical and medical translation among others, can pay upwards of triple to quadruple the amount you would make working in "niche" media localization and are twice as secure, as the majority media localization is contract based. Only retards and rejects would work professionally translating anime.

These
You don't have to get a Jap studies degree to work get N1 or work in TL, user. I work as a C>E translator for reference. None of my colleagues were Chink studies majors. Just like my colleagues in China, a majority of my well off translator friends in Japan studied in STEM or Law and they learned Nip on the side. Because of that they had both the credentials and skills to land themselves high paying permanent translation positions in engineering firms, pharmecutical companies, manufacturing companies, law firms, etc. I guarantee you the majority of anime and manga translators were either Lit majors or Jap studies majors. The shit ones are those who are either too retarded to do anything else, or are bitter they couldn't land a real job.

Attached: 1520833762625.jpg (576x432, 57K)

I just don't understand how fansubs with decent typesetting were the standard before and now that large companies actually pay people to do this shit they somehow have made subs worse.

>game localisations
This is true for pretty much everything video games. If you write for video games you were almost certainly too shit to get into TV or film, if you program for video games you were too shit to be a real software engineer, if you work in video game PR you were probably a passive aggressive cunt that even faceless mega-corps couldn't stand. Hell if you're an investor or CEO of a video games company chances are you were terrible at those too, thus why so many video game companies are badly run.

It takes time and effort for typsetting and styling. Some people do that for BD releases like in Wakako Zake. Official subs is instant subs, so obviously not much effort. Official subs with a little bit of quality like Uzamaid and Wataten are very rare.

Official subs are instant because they get the script ahead of time and thus have it all translated and timed before the episode releases on the site. Typesetting should be super easy for them to do but they're just so fucking lazy. Why bother paying someone to do work that most retards watching chinese children's cartoons don't even care about? It just sucks for people that actually care about quality.

>actual anime fans
Nice No True Scotsman.

>Thinks japanese is hard.

The writing system is fucked up, but the language itself is not hard.

Attached: lupin.gif (320x240, 152K)

I hate funis shit. And Hidive. CR seems not bad compared to them. Sad times.

You're a retard, you just don't know it because you don't know enough Japanese to know you're a retard.

dont listen to these loser culture vultures....they sound like they get bullied in school.....