ITT: Shows dragged down by their MC

ITT: Shows dragged down by their MC

Attached: MV5BN2NlM2Y5Y2MtYjU5Mi00ZjZiLWFjNjMtZDNiYzJlMjhkOWZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc2NjA5MTU@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182 (182x268, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Tw1m4T-1gTo?t=43
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 8FFA1EB8-39EA-405A-BBD1-B023B6D67708.jpg (429x606, 60K)

bad b8

Attached: cardboard strike freedom gundam.jpg (520x519, 67K)

Attached: 1551984431348.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

This thread

It would be more of a challenge to list the ones that aren't. The MC being one of the worst characters in their own show isn't uncommon, Subaru was just exceptionally bad in multiple ways.

Attached: 111371379131.jpg (554x674, 108K)

Name a show with an MC you like faggots.

Subaru was a masterpiece of writing and all of you should kill yourselves.

Attached: 1519212498981.png (500x2810, 1.72M)

If you want someone to spoonfeed you, you probably should refrain from insulting them.

I don't want someone to spoonfeed me I want to laugh at your shit taste faggot.

Attached: 1554440887464.png (492x499, 242K)

It was made even better by it's MC

Shit opinion.

>Subaru was a masterpiece
You cannot be retarded enough to have this opinion. You're baiting, right?

Jesus I was thinking about watching this but that pic changed my mind

Attached: 10972835.jpg (500x400, 48K)

you fags still havent named a better show. Also good, you don't deserve to watch the show fag.

Attached: 1440307750804.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

The 3 other shows in isekai quartet are better, or at least have less obnoxious MCs and are less boring.

Haven't watched the show but man Subaru is literally me. Unironically.

Kill yourself secondary

Attached: 37E6CF4C-61A9-416A-B228-D85A426DD1F5.png (545x545, 445K)

you first tertiary

Attached: 1554435463165.jpg (338x254, 72K)

"No, it's our fight, senpai". What was the fucking point of him being in a show.

Subaru was the only good character in the show. Ram is terrible, Rem sucks, and Emilia is boring.

nah you should definitely watch this show. imo it gets shit after like 10 episodes or so. but it starts out great. you might like it.

>it gets shit after like 10 episodes or so
What the fuck, why would I bother investing my time into a story that goes to shit

Sorry but this one is the best character of his manga/show now

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-25-22-50-28.png (1440x2560, 2.24M)

I agree. Subaru is still a masterpiece.

Confirmed for self insert fags that don't like when the MC isn't an overpowered gary stu that demolishes all obstacles in his way.

Re: zero gets amazing after 10 episodes you don't like it because you can't larp as a super hero while watching it.

also i forgot to mention i disagree with the "now" aspect of your post. Eren was always the best character in the show.

If you didn't appreciate him pre-time skip then you don't deserve him post-time skip

Would you rather have a bland self insert MC, then?

>Eren was always the best character in the show
>Is made to be purposely retarded in the beginning so that the author can have an easy time giving him character development

How is he retarded pre time skip?

>everyone who dislikes what I like is a self-insert autist
No, you fucking retard. Subaru is a boring and dumb as fuck autistic character which is a perfect blank slate for self-insert retards. His behaviour doesn't make sense, his love for Emilia doesn't make sense, he's less intelligent than an ape and his respawn powers are overpowered so your arguments for loving OP MCs goes right back at you. The forced drama and his over-the-top behaviour make the show unbearable.
If Emilia was the MC and Subaru didn't exist I'd like the show. So why the fuck do you think I'm autistic enough to self-insert? Or self insert as a girl?
>Re: zero gets amazing after 10 episodes
A show shouldn't need 10 bad episodes before it gets good.

>story is interesting only when it focuses on anyone, but MC

Attached: IMG_20171022_0056.jpg (2448x3500, 3.74M)

> Male MCs
Don't do this, friends. Males are not needed.

Attached: nothing_good.png (268x306, 83K)

>blank slate
Lmao retard. Subaru is the exact opposite of a blank slate.
>his behavior doesn't make sense
You have be to be more specific or I cant make a counter argument. All I can say is "lmao yes it does retard."
>his love for emilia doesn't make sense
Obviously you've never met an autistic person before.
>he's less intelligent than an ape
I wouldn't say that hes intelligent but that doesn't make a character a bad character. Like I said you want your MCs to be 200iq demigods
>his respawning powers are OP
How?
>forced drama
Like everything else in your shitty post it's not specific.
>over the rope behavior
So basically hes an accurate depiction of a hikki-neet trying to stand out. How is that bad writing? Seems like good character writing to me.
>a show shouldn't be bad before 10 episodes
I never said it was bad. Learn reading comprehension

You guys are fucking tiring, Subaru is the best part of re zero.

Agreed. Subaru ruined Re:zero, and Re:zero wasn't that good to begin with.

How can he ruin a show that didn't lack him in the first place? It's like saying naruto ruined naruto. A character can only ruin a show if the character is introduced later. There is no "re zero" without subaru.

>You have be to be more specific or I cant make a counter argument.
Over the top forcing himself to become a protagonist and fuck Emilia who he just met.
>you want your MCs to be 200iq demigods
No, I want them to not have nigger-tier IQ. How the hell did it take him 4 deaths before realizing he can respawn? Why did it take him half the season before trying to reveal that he can revive himself? He's less intelligent than a fucking child and it's frustrating to watch a retarded MC.
>his respawning powers are OP
>How?
He can commit suicide to alter the future. That's borderline time control which is objectively the most OP power. It's also immortality. If you don't think immortality is OP then stop replying.
>Like everything else in your shitty post it's not specific.
Again, his white knight bullshit in every scene with Emilia, and the shit scenes/speeches in the episode with 4 potential queens and the most popular Rem scene.
>I never said it was bad.
I'm saying it is. The show is mediocre at best, stop sucking it's cock.

This show would have been nothing without Subaru. Him being an unlikable asshole who makes bad decisions all the time is what keeps it interesting. Too often do I see him criticized for not being cool enough or not doing what the viewer would have done in his position, as if all people can understand are self-inserts and shonen protagonists written for 8 year olds.

Female MCs. Also Subaru is pretty good

>over the top forcing him self to become the protagonist to fuck emilia
This is literally the major character flaw tackled by his character development. He is written to be over the top as he is meant to have that character flaw and this is explicitly addressed in the show.
>how did it take him 4 deatha before he realized he can respect
Have you ever responses before? While it might not make sense from the viewers perspective you dont really have any idea what the experience of dying and respawning is like. It's not only depicted as gruesome but also disorientating. Nothing to do with intelligence.
>immortality is OP
It's literally not though in a world were he gets curb stomped by even children with basic martial arts abilities. The respawning is literally his only power so no it's not OP especially since all of the characters of similar better special powers.
>white knight bs
Yeah so hes a virgin nikki meet that seems to be an accurate depiction to me.
>shit speeches
All of those speeches are the best moments in the show. You are low IQ and think a scene making you cringe or uncomfortable makes it bad.

The show is a 10/10

>I like it because the MC is retarded
You have strange tastes user, but you're open about it

Have you ever respawned before*

pic unrelated

>It's literally not though
Respawning == immortality. Immortality is OP.
>All of those speeches are the best moments in the show.
Which is why the show is shit.

The only MC I've ever disliked was Watashi from Tatami Galaxy and I'm not sure I would say he dragged the show down any further than it was.

>ITT: Shows dragged down by their MC
The amazing thing here is that the show isn't even good in the first place.
Its a bad show but somehow Deku manages to make it even worse.

Attached: 1534106357051.jpg (427x606, 89K)

For one hes not really immortal since he could die from having his soirit killed by a spirit knight.

Secondly immortality alone is not OP. Especially in a world where you are much weaker than everyone else.

Speeches were kino as fuck kys retard.

Your life

>For one hes not really immortal since he could die from having his soirit killed by a spirit knight.

Put that shit into spoiler next time.

A spoiler for an anime thats been out for like 2-3 years?

>Re: zero gets amazing after 10 episodes
I watched all of the episodes, and it never even got good. The whale fight was the only okay part of the show. Everything else was terrible.

Okay retard.

>Waaaah, someone doesn't think my terrible show is good.
Okay, retard.

No im happy that brainlets like you dont enjoy it. You dont deserve too.

Ironic that someone who lacks critical thinking and enjoys bottom of the barrel trash, would call someone else a brainlet. Re:Zero is just another one of those lazy and weak isekai shows, only this time it has more edge and an inconsistent and badly written main character. Everything it did has been done better in other shows. There is nothing of value to be found it this show. Only the blind consumers of the most basic isekaitrash find it good. Oh and teens who think that suffering and gore = depth, also think that it is a good show.

Subaru is literally the reason to watch.

This. The cultists villain was fucking disgusting and edgy. The fuck was the point of him biting his fingers all the time and breaking his spine and neck like a zombie owl? The show is literally made for edgelords.

>someone who lacks critical thinking
No u.
>enjoys bottom of the barrel trash
Name your top three shows then faggot. Lets see who really enjoys "bottom of the barrel trash."

>lazy and weak isekai show
Okay reddit. Thanks for regurgitrating Digibros, mother's basement and gigguk's opinions at me like a drone.

>inconsistent and badly written main character
wrong.

>everything it did has been done better by other shows
okay name them.
>isekaitrash blind consumers
okay redditor

Attached: 1546606179093.png (711x428, 362K)

That villain literally hit most of the edgy villain tropes.
Finger biting? Checked. Weird and goofy way of speaking? Checked. Fast insane rambling about weird shit? Check? Goofy ass bowl-cut? Check. Licking someone? Checked. Beating a minion to death for no reason at all? Checked. Spazzing out like a retard? Check. It has everything that a hack writer would use to make a lel so curazy character.

I watched Re:zero just to see Subaru suffer

>No u
>muh reddit
>muh youtubers
>wrong
>reddit again
Wow. Those are some really strong arguments. You really know how to argue, without looking like an angry child. That and you missed me with all of them.

>Name your top three shows then faggot. Lets see who really enjoys "bottom of the barrel trash."
Hahahahahaha. Wait. You're telling me this trash is in your top fucking 3 anime of all time?

Im the only one here making arguments. You are jusy making vague grunts towards what you feel. No specifics amd dodging every attempt ive made to get details from you

Cry harder retard.

is the entirety of re:zeros fanbase like this?

Attached: 1552840442876.gif (600x336, 244K)

>Im the only one here making arguments
Yeah, I don't think I have hear the brilliant argument ''no u'' anywhere other than 10 year olds arguing. Honestly, Im the only one here making arguments. You are jusy making vague grunts towards what you feel. No specifics amd dodging every attempt ive made to get details from you.

Subaru is fucking pathetic, lol. Literally unlikeable

Hell yeah. At least in the top 5. I dont have a specific order but

Shingeki no kyojin, re zero, steins gate, welcome to the nhk and shiki are my top 5.

>respond to a non argumemt with a non argument

Whats the problem here? Why would i respond to a non argument with an argument?

Still havent answered any questions i have asked redditor.

Why do you keep calling me a redditor? Is that the easiest way to attack me? I am not a redditor, nor do I listen to the opinions of e-celebs. I watch anime and make up my own mind based on my critical thinking.
Let's see, what were the decent questions you asked me:
>Name your top three shows then friendo.
>Great Teacher Onizuka
>Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex 2nd gig
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>Haibane Renmei
>inb4 elitist with fake taste. No, these just happen to be the shows that I liked the most.
>okay name them.
Steins gate did the time looping and going insane because of it better, while Berserk did suffering MC in a fantasy world a lot better.

>ghost in the shell
Pretentious garbage
>neon genesis
Overrated. 8/10 at best.
>LotGH
Good.
>haibane renmei
Not bad but not amazing. Its a 7/10.

While i like steins gate its time loop was not better. There were too many unanswered questions and convergence itself doesnt really make that much sense.

Berserk was less about suffering and more about struggling against nesr omnipotent beings which re zero isnt even close to that in terms of themes.

Fuck off, Subaru carries this series. He acts like how a normal person would actually react in his situation until he steps up and starts being more heroic.

Attached: Subaru.png (1599x867, 643K)

>steins gate its time loop was not better.
Okabe did not need to be sliced up in every edgy way imaginable, in order to lose his mind. The writing in Steins gate was more subtle and showed why such a loop would break a man, without resorting to ''waah, pain is bad and I don't want to feel pain'' aspect of Rezero. The actual heartbreaking scene of S;G is where Okabe is waiting for a childhood friend to die, just so he can mark down the time of death. It's subtle, yet it shows the dehumanizing effects of such a situation. And in the S;G movie, Okabe gives a short speech about it, that better expresses that than entire Re:Zero anime.
Meanwhile Berserk has edge and suffering, but with real consequences that affect Guts and force him to develop. Re zero tries to pull some hard hitting moments, but they fall flat, because there are little to no consequences. Yes, something horrible can happen to Subaru and his pals, but they are all fine in the next scene. That gives the writer free hands to up the suffering and edge, without having to worry about the outcome. Imagine if in Berserk, Guts could just suffer through the eclipse, lose all his dear friends, his hand, his eye and watch his girl get raped. Then time resets and he has it all back. Then he avoids that situation, but gets into another eclipse like situation, but after he suffers through it, he avoids that too. No consequences what so ever. We just know that whatever goes wrong in Re:Zero, Subaru will still pull off a perfect loop in the end, save everyone, defeat the witch and go home as a hero. Meanwhile in Berserk, even if Guts gets a happy ending, he still has to live with all the consequences.
So yeah, Re:Zero lacks tension and consequences, while relying to heavily on shock factor and edge.

/thread basically. this show ticks off all the things i want from anime: fantasy setting, cute girls, harem antics etc. but subaru is so obnoxious and unlikable. not even in an ironically he's so bad he's good way. he's just strait up detestable. his seiyuu sucks too.

Attached: 1553129493657.png (321x321, 7K)

>How?
Bad bait. Yet I still fell for it. So good bait I guess

I don't care about MC being a good or intelligent person. Subaru is annoying though, and it's a big flaw in something that's supposed to be entertaining to watch.
He was so insufferable I dropped his show.

This. The show is just not enjoyable no matter how cute the girls in it are.

Your criticism is so self contradictory its astonishing.

Is edge good or bad? You say that berserk has real consequences but between both stories re zero has more consequences.

The only consequences in berserk are ij the golden age and thats a flashback that we already know the result of. In terms of his current party there has been no consequences. He has never lost anyone at all.

So re zeros moments have much more emotional moments with more consequences.

>they are all fine in the next scene. I mean not rwally. Even if we only count the anime and not the light novel thw lasting damage from his white knight scene lasted. And if we include the upcoming season youre just completely wrong.

So no there hasnt been much tension or conseqeunces in berserk past the golden age flashback.

**** fuck typing on phones***
>they are all fine in the next scene.
I mean not really. Even if we only count the anime and not the light novel thw lasting damage from his white knight scene lasted. And if we include the upcoming season youre just completely wrong

>Name a show with an MC you like faggots.
Pic related. I would suck his dick.
>Subaru was a masterpiece of writing
Pff.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Gegege no Kitarou (2018) - 50 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_12.14_[2019.04.09_18.16.26].jpg (1914x2161, 745K)

Attached: 361c7be62685d032771ebde63c53f2381483178237_full[1].jpg (640x960, 240K)

Subaru was a great character, shut up retard

Subaru, Naofumi, Aiz and every other isekai MCthat's not Tanya are fucking awfully writen characters

kill yourself retard

This better be a bait.
Re:Zero has plenty to talk shit about, the MC isn't one of them.

>'hurr durr shut up retard'
Then say why do you think Subaru, Naofumi and Ainz are good characters

Liking Tanya means you're gay

That boy was insufferably spineless (which just made the whole "every girl falls for him" thing even more ridiculous).

Attached: 6638-540683.jpg (516x724, 151K)

I just like him doing his shit in nuWordlWar 1+2 unlike the others MC who are either boring/insufferable faggots

I kinda agree. Other MCs get less screen time than their support characters (Ainz) or are just utter shit (Subaru). Naofumi is honestly the best of the isekai'd into a video game characters. It's too early for me to fully judge any of them since none of the series is finished.

Subaru and Naofumi are perfectly written characters.

It sounds like you people don't like subaru because he has flaws that you don't personally like but that doesn't mean he's written poorly.

>Naofumi
I said it from a WN/LN approach and Naofumi was only decent in the first volume. After that, he is no better than Subaru and Ainz. I am surprised the anime cut most of his edge.

>from a WN/LN approach
Oh, I only read overlord so I can't compare it to others.
>Naofumi was only decent in the first volume. After that, he is no better than Subaru and Ainz.
I hope this doesn't mean the anime will become shit.

people hate subaru becuase hes annoying and outright difficult to watch at times, but thats entirely the point. NEETS with no social interaction wont suddenly act normal when iseki'd, they are probably going to be even more autistic than usual. the great thing about re zero is that it straight up makes the main character unlikable, and then makes him go through hell to improve himself. going into arc 4 and beyond in the WN especially he's one of the best MC's in recent memory

user this isn't the 'Shows vastly improved by their MC' thread

people don't know the difference between not liking a character and that character being poorly written.

>it doesn't have loud obnoxious shounen tard mc?
lmao dis suxs

is it true the WN is miles better than the LN because the editors at some point started to twist the core of the story?

Subaru is poorly written tho, a Shinji copy done 100 times worse.
All the effort the writer does in trying to make the character realistic for the things he is involved in are wasted everytime the faggot talks or acts for "muh emilia", the amount of real cringe this guy gives is unbearable.

kind of. they removed some great scenes from the WN and shorten it down by adding a bunch of plot conveniences, but im holding back judgement until the changed stuff in the LN is translated into english.

Attached: based.jpg (595x741, 411K)

>shinji copy
Stop you've already revealed yourself as a retard

>muh cringe
You are supposed to cringe dumbass he is written to be cringy.

>Female MCs
>Subaru is pretty good

Attached: 1552274783812.jpg (409x409, 21K)

>cape shit

My brother, absolute god-tier taste.

His "love" for Emilia is actually a trick of Satella to make sure he never abondons her retard.

>calls people retards for not knowing something that's not revealed or explained in the anime
>t. retard

anime fans generally don't understand what well written means. they think it means a character they like. it goes to show when the main criticisms of re:zero (shitty mc bc he's unlikeable, what's the point if he just has infinite lives, why didn't x character just do y) completely miss the point of it.

There's no such thing as written to be cringy without being blatant about it and failing at it, specially for japanese visual novel writers, which are the low of the low.
Subaru is a character that the writer wants to show in a realistic and raw way but at the end fails at it because he had to put harem mc traits on him too like the the good otaku self inserter he is.
This clashes with the series so hard and makes him say things and act in such a dumb way that you can't help the cringe.

You mean you admit you are not capable of connecting some dots that are not distant at all unless some chinks and korean slaves connect them for you?

>theres no such thing as writtrn to be cringy.
>a girl liking him conflicts with realism and is a harem trait
Retard.

>connecting dots
There aren't any "dots" that would imply any of that shit.

Emilia literally makes Subaru call her Satella when they first met. It is mentioned she is not similar to her just because of race as well.

>Emilia literally makes Subaru call her Satella when they first met.
To hide her identity or as a joke, sure. It means nothing.

They're not saying she introduced herself as Satella to make Subaru love her, they're saying it's possible he so quickly falls for her because Satella, who is crazy and in love with him, fucked with his head so he'd love her and only her. Or he's also crazy and it happened on it's own, I don't know.

I don't know if I believe that's what happened, but it's what I would prefer.

Attached: 1431239199817.gif (480x270, 87K)

The MC is garbage but all that means is that the writing sucks.
>First half of the ep 1 sets up an interesting premise
>Second half devolves into shitty romance tropes
Romfags and by extension self insertfags are mentally ill. Take a look at the sad state of Konosuba threads, it's crazy.

The MC's were what literally made these shows.

Subaru is the actual unironic example of a character that requires an extremely high IQ to understand.

Attached: 083353BA-A8B4-4486-896D-4887AE8874F7.jpg (560x577, 226K)

You talking about MHA characters. Eren had good reason for being like that.

i agree.
Romantic tropes can be handled well in a story, but the Re:Zero author is fucking bad at writing it

I wasn't referring to either of the people you mention. I was referring to the boy in Elfen Lied, as the picture showed.

To try to scare him off, calling yourself Satella is calling yourself Satan basically

This. My favorite moment of subtle writing with him is when they have him smirk slightly when he plays hero and faces the mabeast.

It foreshadows perfectly his character arc in the first season and his rant about how he just tries to look cool.
youtu.be/Tw1m4T-1gTo?t=43

At 43 seconds. That smirk tells you that this is a 10/10 anime.

Attached: 1554672137063.png (1061x591, 665K)

or Hitler in the current year

Calling yourself Hitler might actually open some doors instead of closing them

same with satella.

Same with Satan

>There's no such thing as written to be cringy

Yes literally an impossible concept

Attached: 2A741575-F7CE-49A7-BA80-EB4443073BBB.jpg (1170x664, 411K)

He's painful to watch but it's a good pain.

I loved Vincent D'Onofrio in FMJ

Based (unironically) Subaru is great

Subaru was the only character with a semblance of depth in this trash show, and I can't fucking stand him.

Attached: Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ - 08 [A59BBCE3].mkv_snapshot_02.31_[2019.04.10_18.21.20].jpg (1280x720, 634K)

Subaru isn't a hikki-neet, he's just a NEET not both a NEET and a hikkomori.

You are wrong. In the light novel its revealed that he was a hikki also.

This will be revealed in the upcoming season too.

what a fucking loser

shut up retard

Attached: 59279033_p0_master1200.jpg (700x522, 375K)

Attached: Migatte_no_Gokui_Kizashi.png (1217x1080, 2.24M)

Just like you

>muh atheism
Tanya is a shitter character than Subaru

Subaru never changes. Thats what makes him a shit character.

>implying Tanya is atheist
a true brainlet

Lmao you are braindead

Attached: V25CA5t.jpg (1000x673, 78K)

>Subaru never changes

That is so unbelievably false I have to wonder how you can even come to that conclusion. His transformation as a person is painful, subtle, and slow but he definitely grows as a person.

News flash: people don’t actually expierence a single hurdle one day like they do in most anime and then go, “alright, I’m gonna become a new person starting now” and then actually do it.

Explain how he's any fucking different than when he first came, character-wise. You cant.

I’m gonna assume you only watched the anime, but even in that, while he still has a whole host of other personal flaws prevelant, he ultimately fixes his laziness by the end. At the beginning of the show, he just assumes all he needs to do is briefly motivate himself to act like a typical isekai protagonist for a while and then eventually things would be smooth sailing. It wasn’t till the final arc of the show that he truly came to terms with his situation and realized that he had to permanently motivate himself to do things he doesn’t want to do.

poeple like mc in Steins but his rants got real annoying after the first 16

Attached: 1553741451589.jpg (700x696, 207K)

>Name a show with an MC you like
>Space Dandy

MCs can be written well and be complex or be written well and be simple. Subaru was all over the place and his motivations were always shaky or misplaced. His total flaws consisted of "I love my friends too much". He was a simple character, which is fine, but he was also a badly written one. Being over-exaggerated when he fanboys over Emilia is presented as cute, when it comes off as ranty and annoying. Later on when he's supposed to come off as creepy or clingy, they just make him more desperate sounding and play foreboding music while he says the same shit. Granted, its a great show and Subaru has great moments throughout the series, its just overall there is a lot to improve on in his character writing.

I don't like the character, but even for shows with MCs I do like, I'll acknowledge their flaws without brushing off all criticism with an initial "my MC is perfect, name an MC you like so I can tear it down".

Attached: D1PE4-JXQAAx4Sk.jpg (600x1200, 116K)

see
>his total flaws consisted of "i love my friends too much"

You also need to see
You simply did not watch the show.

Attached: XN0DGOovW0PJOZhlGHKCsaeAhPsUJwyEWnnurk4EJGc.png (570x767, 300K)

>guy points out his own worthlessness and doesnt do anything about it
Wow truly amazing

Durarara

Every character in Baccano had more personality than the main character of this show. Even the shitty rich girl who had no reason to be there. Even the girl who didn't fucking talk the whole time. I just wanted another show like Baccano man....

Attached: 1550150426187.png (650x693, 236K)

1. Even if it were true that "he didn't do anything about it" it's irrelevant to the original point. You said that he hasn't changed. Realizing your flaws is a change.
2. He did do something about it. He stopped whining and moved forward.

>realizing your flaws is a change

Attached: dfg1.jpg (600x600, 31K)

and then he whined again about how he couldn't save his friends. Its the same shit. I wish there were more real moments in the show like early on. Shit where he's fucking afraid of death cause he isn't completely sure of the rules of it or is afraid of the pain of it or he just doesn't want people to see people die again. Him just being frustrated about not being able to save anyone before having victory just fall into his lap by talking to [blank] character he hasn't seen before or talked to reasonably yet is incredibly annoying. I wih there was some realness to him, or at least some risk, like risk of imprisonment without a way to restart. Shit would be terrifying. As it is, he just obsesses over friendship and romance, does yoga, then cries. I just want Subaru to be a little more human. And this is coming from someone who loved the show.

Attached: 1549242835112.png (600x451, 423K)

state 1: doesn't realize flaws
state 2: realizes flaws

Seems like a change to me. I don't know what you expect out of him though, to magically change his entire person over the course of like a day? Because when he has that realization and when the season ends is like a day or two difference.

Attached: ptmq8X2TYO5h1GBvYJkULmWRbFTKMa2EABku0JW6-d4.jpg (569x767, 81K)

>and then he whined again about how he couldn't save his friends

What the fuck are you even talking about? Did we watch the same show?

The only thing i can get out of your post is that MAYBE you are talking about after the first season in the LN/WN.

Attached: deV_25A-PxMutRg2tMF7_KWlUZL0BYnM8Iu4cczH_vQ.jpg (768x768, 121K)

user, this website is anonymous. You can just admit you're wrong or leave the thread and nobody would know. It's pointless to keep arguing as if you have a case

meant for

I'm dead serious. Point to me to the time after his speech where he whined about not being able to save his friends. So episode 19 and on find me that scene.

He literally didn't even flinch when the people he was fighting with were exterminated by sloth.

oops nvm

I'll give you a pass but only because you posted AXZ.

You can argue all you want that Subaru is a bad protagonist, at the end of the day any discussion about his character inspires paragraphs upon paragraphs of back and forth debate in threads that hit the bump limit every time this subject is brought up.

At some point the haters gotta admit that there must be SOMETHING that they are missing for why such a “poorly written character” can inspire lengthy controversy.

Attached: 7CB8E4E3-879F-4C55-8C76-0184074397C9.png (245x245, 67K)

This cool hero. Subaru is great btw.

Attached: 1510440843649.jpg (738x960, 80K)

so anyone know the exact date release for season 2?

Nah pretty much the only difference is that Subaru doesn't love Rem in the LN and only loves Emilia instead of loving both of them like in the WN which the autistic Remfags can't handle at all that so they bash the LN at every opportunity.

>mfw EHcuck is a reddit:zero fag
>still tries to deny he's reddit
The dishonesty

Attached: 1552928312006.jpg (680x383, 25K)

that sounds pretty important user

Trips confirming this post is both based and redpilled.

I mean Rem still goes into a coma at the same time and she hasn't been saved in the WN or LN yet so the difference hasn't really happened yet.

Great.

Attached: Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ - 08 [A59BBCE3].mkv_snapshot_00.29_[2019.04.09_15.14.16].jpg (1280x720, 448K)

what about my posts gave you the impression that I ship Eren with Historia?

Attached: kdtnGimG_H0pOQWL89A12aKG2l5OO_UH6dU0Jugr0p0.jpg (542x768, 44K)

>redditzerofags are also fatefags
OH NO NO NO

Okay can someone explain this to me? I thought this show was an edgefest magical girl but bloodier but recently I keep seeing these pictures and it looks like the anime went pure hotblooded punch shounen??

Vampire Gabu > Angel Gabu

Attached: Vampire Gabu Friend.png (707x1000, 883K)

Would people like Subaru more if Re:zero came deeper into the isekai boom? I remember back when it aired, people here compared Re:zero more to time travel anime like Madoka and Steins;Gate, but it's better in the context of all the shittier isekai which came after it, especially since Subaru is a massive fuck you to the idea worthless NEETs could get isekai'd and have everything work out for them instantly.

Capeshit and a lack of contemporary competition, that's basically it.

Depends, Subaru was flawed and painful to watch, but he actually felt like a NEET loser would be like in that situation to me. In fact. most of the things that make re:zero hard to watch become justifiable imo if you think about it from the perspective that most of the main cast are spergs who don't interact with people.

Came here to post this. Decuck is such an unlikable faggot, holy shit.

fucking based, you saved this thread for me