It's like a 7 at best

Attached: steins.jpg (225x338, 45K)

That's what they said about your mom

>Ranked #3
By who?

expected response from a steins gate fan

>believing MAL users' scores
lmao

Thanks for your insightful analysis. You convinced me.

It's just a basic show manufactured for the culture industry

>"the culture industry"
What the fuck is this even meant to mean?
You have no real criticisms for this show because you're not a critical thinker whatsoever.

See Probably the best proof that MAL is populated by retards. Why should anyone care?

It is real criticism, It's aimed at the mass consumer. It's the rick and morty of anime.

Yeah, goes to show how bad the 10's are when this is hailed as one of the top dogs.

I mean look at the other entries before talking about Steins Gate. Gintama is unfunny garbage and cringeworthy when it tries to be serious, and Your Name is unironically one of the worst movies that came out recently. HxH and Koe no Katachi aren't really good either. FMA and 3 gatsu are decent but shouldn't be anywhere near a top 10. Steins Gate and LOGH are the only ones that make sense on the list.

No one here provided a single noteworthy answer for why they think sg shouldnt be 9/10

It’s a show that inserts scientific terms every now and then to make the viewer feel smart, this show was a complete bore fest I dropped episode 6, Okabe might be one of the worst protagonists I’ve seen in a while and that’s coming from someone that watched one episode of Boku no Hero.

>my taste is better than your taste
>my opinion is correct and not yours
>it's popular so i don't like it
>blah blah blah etc etc
Fuck off retard.

You're just spouting a meme now. If you're going to troll at least out some fucking effort in. What a disgrace.

I like a lot of popular anime

Implying it's not objectively a 10/10.

No, it is quite literally the Rick and Morty of anime.

The anime itself isn't as good as the visual novel by far, but that's because they have to cut down a 50+hr vn into 20min episodes, so there is a lot of plot etc they have to dum down for johnny simpleton who can't hold a thought for longer than 5 minutes. And when I say dum down I don't mean braindead dum...in Steins Gates case it still holds up to the vn but there is a lot lost due to time restrictions.

Still an okay anime but I think the rose-tinted glasses probably sways a lot of people who played the vn. I have as well and I can say for certain.

Attached: wallhaven-391194.jpg (1920x1080, 646K)

I watched by the end of January and it was fantastic. If there is an anime which made me feel like watching a movie, this it it. Steins;Gate is maybe the only anime which can be considered "serious".

Fair enough. I was fortunate enough to have not played the vn first. So the anime was amazing to me. Then I played the vn later and that was even more amazing. I would tell anyone who had done neither yet to watch first then play. Gives you two great experiences that way.

this so much

Attached: Mayuri_Shiina.png (372x480, 210K)

watching episode 12 now
>"ever read any Heidegger"
Jesus, this anime has nothing to do with Heidegger. This is objective pretentiousness.

Weak visual direction.

Yeah totally i get you dude. How can a man reknown for philosophy have anything to do with time travel theory?

That's what I did too. It made the VN even more impressive since I'd already been wowed by the anime.

Fair point. The visuals are a huge downgrade from the vibrant, distinctive art of the VN.

Attached: 74044880_p24.png (500x500, 159K)

>it's the rick and morty of anime
At first I thought you just had bad tastes but now I realise this is obvious bait. The rick and morty of anime is pop team epic.

Sage

>The rick and morty of anime is pop team epic.
No, it's HxH.

Reminder that Steins; Gates that retards praise as a 'hurr durr so original concept' is a ripoff of KonoYuno airing this season.

The first half. I get that it builds the character profiles and create suspense but it could've done the job in 6 episodes. Took it down to like a 7 for me when it could've been an 8 or 9.

It's the worst anime.
Only retards rank it higher than 0/10

>t. wasn't old enough to post when S;G was released
We loved this show and only you newfags think reddit contaminated it. Yea Forums being contrarian was a meme and you faggots fell for it which led to everything turning to shit.

Okay, just finished it. The last few episodes were better. I'll change my 'It's like a 7 at best' to It's like a 7.

that's exactly what I gave it. Good taste user.

steins gate is the ok computer of anime
>actually good
>very popular
>unique enough to feel different to most other things but still very accessible
>recent enough to be on the radar of all fans, old enough for people to have no reservations about giving it a perfect score
>sits at the top of the most widely used user ranked chart thing for its medium

>Okabe is the only character worth something, the rest are bad and either have terrible arcs or literally don't get any form of depth, development at all.
>full of pandering otaku shit. cosplay characters just to please the audience. Goes out of its way to hint at harem possibility at the beginning.
>bad comedy. Jokes have nothing to them and are either otaku references or catchphrases
>Okabe in the time-travel loop is the best part but that concept is unoriginal and has been done better elsewhere.

Just watch groundhog day

This is the same board that critcizes classics by calling it overrated and shit. If we asked this shittier board for a consensus top 10, you would get faggots voting to troll or unironically arguing why K-On should be top 10.

Name me 10 shows Yea Forums could agree is a top 10 anime, go on do it. You can't because everyone is a contrarian.

Attached: 45678323222.png (1280x720, 685K)

>literally don't get any form of depth, development at all
You soiled your bait post with that bit. You're supposed to omit details and twist what you happen to mention, not blatantly lie. Most of it can be passed off as ebin contrarian "opinion" though, so I'll give you a 3/10.

Great argument man!

based

>"I don't like it therefore it is garbage"

>Steins;Gate is maybe the only anime which can be considered "serious".
Did the retarded catchphrase jokes and otaku references give it away?

Anybody who says SG is the only anime that can be considered serious has seen 20 fucking anime.
Lurk more and watch more.