Kenja no Mago

Here's your court mandated isekai anime for the season bro. There's even gonna be a magic-based high school in case you miss those kinds of shows.

Attached: 0.jpg (876x1200, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

funimation.com/shows/wise-mans-grandchild/episode-1-title-3/
kissmanga.com/Manga/Choujin-Koukousei-tachi-wa-Isekai-demo-Yoyuu-de-Ikinuku-you-desu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does priest waifu-chan die?
Some anons were talking about her having death flags or something

>it's isekai
>but also magical academy shit

Fucking based. I've missed those.

>isekai mahou gakuen

gross

I would've prefer this Kenja desu.

Attached: 19517.jpg (844x1200, 554K)

who designed that kind of school uniform?

Why Yea Forums love isekai so much? Is your real life isn't good enough?

I hope they don’t make the artstyle shit like the manga

Nice armpit, would lick.

I wish. This shit is first world problems: the isekai. Even by isekai standards, the MC is a fucking beloved special snowflake.

To bad there are hardly any fights where he needs to go all out.

The special Snowflake MC did, of course.

You guiys think we'll get to that part where they show the main villain's pregnant wife gets killed?

i had to drop the manga, it was so generic it hurt to read

They basically threw out all of the interesting premises of isekai (adventuring, etc.) and constrained the MC in a school environment.

I dropped it because MC had no harem

5 mins

get in here niggas

I wish they would just pull genres out of a hat

Is CR not doing this?

Don't see on HS.

Attached: D3zHKT0UIAA4F9D.jpg:large.jpg (1920x1080, 124K)

>magical academy shit
I hate this cancer.

Attached: D3zHtLsV4AACI-p.jpg:large.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

Attached: D3zHtrMV4AAcR2l.jpg:large.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

lame as hell

Attached: D3zIQwNV4AAA-9Q.jpg:large.jpg (1440x810, 184K)

Funi.

Double cancer

Based Miraposter

Attached: D3zJmpoU4AEQoge.jpg:large.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

moe

Attached: bmqmUvo.jpg (1920x1080, 756K)

Attached: D3zJwTKUIAEsNTN.jpg:large.jpg (1440x810, 142K)

Attached: D3zMAGbUYAAsOms.jpg:large.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

Attached: D3zL-rrUEAAmCna.jpg:large.jpg (1920x1080, 134K)

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

Which one is this? Is it the trained by the best magicians ever kind? I remember dropping that one because it was shit just right after the school arc.

Is that Aqua?

cowtits aqua

nice tiddies

should have been the heroine desu

Attached: D3zLw38UUAAfnl5.jpg:large.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

Attached: D3zLwZfU0AAy6_n.jpg:large.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

Attached: D3zMDFjUwAAQtIE.jpg:large.jpg (1440x810, 181K)

Agreed. She is much better. Then again, the bar is not that high.

Do you really even need to ask?

Attached: 20190210_055616.png (643x614, 325K)

manga comparison

Attached: Kenja no Mago (1).png (1500x2126, 1.67M)

Far cuter and softer in the anime. How much of a doormat is this slut?

So where's the Megumin cow tits knock off in the series?

literally a damsel in distress and rapebait in every chapter

Huge doormat, but also a crazy yandere bitch.

Attached: 0345 (3).png (1445x2048, 937K)

>First day in the city, take a walk.
>See girls being harassed by isekai yakuzas.
>Save them and immediatly fall for the one with bigger tits.
Would he have fallen for Maria if she were alone?

Jesus christ such a shit story doesn't deserve such good animation.

Attached: 1554908072885.jpg (1920x1873, 826K)

Where's my subs?!

Attached: 1509544479757.gif (334x399, 682K)

If only this is a harem, I fucking hate the boring main heroine

funimation.com/shows/wise-mans-grandchild/episode-1-title-3/

Attached: yande.re 529720 chibi cleavage kenja_no_mago kikuchi_seiji megane seifuku tagme.jpg (2896x2048, 1.12M)

>[Erai-raws] Kenja no Mago - 01 [1080p].mkv

So why exactly is this isekai and not just regular fantasy?

because the mc was isekai'd
if you're looking to shitpost about "native-isekai" please go to Yea Forums or something

i just binged this manga because i cant stop reading this kind of garbage
and the anime starts TODAY
weird

No no.

I meant why didn't they just scrap the isekai setting and wrote a regular fantasy instead?

OH BOY

Attached: 1536708329824.webm (1280x720, 615K)

Because then the MC wouldn't be op.

fucking lolis in their van claimed another male

Attached: 1538208651264.jpg (1280x720, 295K)

>rapebait in every chapter
Fuck, is this Ulysses all over again? I'm out

>be dude called Merlin Walford
>live in fantasy not!Europe
>find baby
>I know, I'll name him Shin, just your average standard fantasy not!Europe name
I know this shit is supposed to be for jap otaku self insert, but fucking make him one of those that gets transported there instead of going full retard like that

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Attached: 1526467448140.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

Holy shit this anime. extreme wish-fulfillment and judging from the OP theme, this episode 1 is probably going to be the best one.

Attached: 1548579556368.webm (1280x720, 2.23M)

>boring school setting from the past decade
>doesn't even have anything 'isekaish' about it
>incredibly boring main girl
>not even a harem to fix this
>MC is awful
>even isekai smartphone's MC had more character
>no adventure no nothing since it's constricted to a school setting
>doesn't have anything going for it
well

Aqua?

Attached: zzxx.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

I love this.

it has those dorks

Attached: 1550284473183.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

>glorious japanese hand, folded over 9000 times

Nah wish-fulfillment are series like Arifureta, Slave Harem, Shieldbro, Mushoku Tensei etc.
This is just a product. A product injected with cliches.

I don't even mind school settings but for the love of god couldn't he at least make it interesting.

It looks like OP MC wanking is the main focus here.

Not super unique, but really fun. Like a good burger. Will definetly keep watching.

>AV director
Fuck it. I'll watch it

Need to see who the new dorky baka duo is going to be.

wow, nobody is watching this? I thought trash isekai is super popular here?

Nigga. Isekai Quartet and shieldbro are already a thing. That's enough isekai for one season.

Though I'll still watch this since it seems like harmless fun.

This isn't even worthy of being called trash.

it's below even that

This is Isekai Smartphone tier and that one wasn't very popular either.

Depending on how the series is written I'll take cliche over wish-fulfillment and vice versa. In my case I'm actually still reading this series while having dropped Smartphone.

then please explain these unbelievable numbers

Attached: kenja no mago.jpg (118x702, 13K)

What is that?

This shit is maximum wish-fulfillment on par with Arifureta though.

What exactly is there to explain? People read a manga on a completely different website and you correlate this into discussion on Yea Forums?

Should we also compare apples and oranges?

entry level normies who haven't read enough isekai to realize that series has absolutely nothing special to offer

views

Subs not out yet buddy.

Other isekai manga have similar numbers. Mangadex readers eat that shit up.

They are out.

Well how you name it doesn't really matter.

Just because it ticks off all the boxes doesn't mean it's good enough get my attention.

Not really, Arifureta has the chuuni factor, rather decent female cast in terms of attractiveness even token personalitywise and can entertain you for a while or at least entertain me. But this? I didn't find anything positive in this. Guess we'll see how people like it here after a few more episodes air.

???

Attached: kenja.jpg (136x224, 9K)

Mangadex =/= Yea Forums

Great site, but it's full of people with very poor self-respect.

Attached: ae95b1a6-545c-41ee-bd86-b85df82ca03d.png (1406x890, 547K)

when's iris-sama's orphanage getting an isekai?

Attached: duke's daughter.png (247x776, 15K)

>those snippets of actual animation
Oh wow. Guess they tried with this one.

I guess I'll give it a chance then. Nothing has been offensively bad enough for me to drop it anyway.

>I didn't find anything positive in this.
Uh, the prince being a troll towards MC is kinda funny.

So is this super cliched on purpose?

Attached: [Erai-raws] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.16_[2019.04.10_13.24.28].jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Yes that's the point

>Yea Forums
>self-respect.
Good one.

This series is worse than any of the series you mentioned. All the characters are going to be constantly sucking the MC's dick for being some kind of amazing prodigy and shit for understanding basic high-school chemistry and physics.
At least in (some of) the other series, the MCs actually struggle and have legitimate flaws to contend with.
Shin's only flaw is that he's too awesome.

Doesn't feel like the a parody though. The author plays it straight.

Very based. I hope the Re:Monster hating larpers shut up after this :^)

>meme assassin gets over 44,000 views a chapter
based

Attached: 1553292793484.jpg (1756x3602, 2.18M)

So like isekai Lmaou?

I don't know who have this or isekai smartphone the green-lit but at least in isekai smartphone's case it managed to work out for them, they even had j-novel boys and Steiner(EN translator of that series if anyone doesn't know) shilling here 24/7 so there was some success.

>have
gave*

Isekai Smartphone worked out due to its silly premise.
Kenja no Mago doesn't even have that. It's a bland as fuck fantasy magic battle school, where the MC happens to be isekai'd and is thus overpowered by virtue of the magic system being comically tailored to favor japs.

It wasn't that bad desu.
Or maybe I was just being blinded by all the pretty animation that popped up.

Also tits.

>by virtue of the magic system being comically tailored to favor japs.
Its runes using an ideograph instead of spelling it out. Like saying its comically tailored to favor celtics or mayans

So when does the entire class show up? OP made it seem like silly shenanigans are abound.

>magic system being comically tailored to favor japs
our knowledge of science*

They tried to make it look cool, but it looks so awkward.
Wouldn't be surprised to see this in those famed "Forced Animation thread" threads.

>I know, I'll name him Shin, just your average standard fantasy not!Europe name
hah now that I think about it.

Sure, maybe I should say "tailored to languages using an ideograph", but let's be honest here, the whole system was designed to make Shin specifically look better.
It's fucking retarded that the people in that world don't already have ideographs that would be used for magic, in the same way our world had alchemical symbols and the like.
And of course, people with knowledge of modern science are suddenly godlike in that world. They don't even have to be an expert; surface level knowledge is enough to make you a WMD, and the only reason that world hasn't ended itself is because they're all retarded.

He was talking about their runes or whatever it is called. When a mage wants to enchant something, they are limited by a number of characters they can engrave. MC is using Japanese to enchant so he has virtually 3 or 4 times more slots while enchanting.
Japs are wanking their primitive script as always, even though both Latin and Greek alphabets are much better in real life.

Oh boy, episode 1 and they already have production issues.

Attached: 1554918288914.png (1280x720, 1.23M)

I'd prefer a S2 of Smartphone to be honest.

>a japanese person using their language is "wanking"
>boo hoo why doesn't he know ancient greek
galaxy brain

what are they 'saving up' the budget for?

for the tournament episode where he will woo everyone with his immense power while having an internal monologue about how easy it is as he casually defeats the strongest person

I am saying that the world is specifically tailored to favour a primitive form of scripture. That user put it better than me. If they are limited by the number of characters, why not invent a character for each word? Or maybe even a full sentence while at it? It would be much better to utilise their enchantments that way, don't you think?

>first shot of the main girl is just her tiddies
I kinda want to say that they at least have their priorities straight but this is kinda pathetic.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [1080p] - 00_22_04.990.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

It honestly doesn't make sense, because even in Alphabets, it's been demonstrated that humans end up reading them the same way as logographies anyways—meaning that clumps of letters called "words" are recognized as a single shape by our brains.
If it's the divisible symbols that's the problem, Kanji should also be having a similar problem, what with their symbols generally being constructions of other, smaller radicals and such.

But can't have japwank like that, I guess.

I agree. They should have shown her nipples as well.

picked the fuck up

This should be about them for fuck sake.
It is so unbelievably generic, once again i am reminded something so dumb like smartphone is much more entertaining just because it has anything at all happening there.
And i don't even like smartphone.

This reminds me of word master.

Attached: s3.jpg (835x1200, 377K)

Passable isekai is still airing from another season so unfortunately for this, it will have to be buried.

i never understand in the handful of "japanese is super OP, no language is better suited for magic in the multiverse" isekai never have the native just invent a new script where entire spells are represented by a single character. any multicharacter enchantment could theoretically be condenced by having that concept assocaited and represented by a single rune afterwards. are there ever any rules specifically restricting this?

It would actually make for interesting development for once.

All isekai is pathetic mate. Come on now.

Reminder this garbage goes to shit the second MC asks the most boring heroine ever to marry him

I've seen some more isekai's with that premise, for example, that one when guy reincarnates as the youngest prince of some backwards little kingdom and tries to live a silent life. Of course, it blows up as always and everyone sees him as a divine child.
>are there ever any rules specifically restricting this?
In Kenja no Mago specifically or in any manga?
As far as I know, no author ever gave even a half-assed explanation and everyone just conveniently assumes that natives are a bunch of retards who cannot even use their magic in an efficient way. I am ok with technological stagnation since it is fairly believable that technology could develop in a much different way if magic was real, but mages not trying to make their magic more efficient is just plain stupid.

Don't worry it's nothing to write home about even now.

it's even worse because he marries in this Isekai.
Just because there's romance doesn't mean it's better, the author can't write for shit and the "romance" feels forced, rushed and completely shoehorned because it happens so early.
The heroine is also the most boring fucking character in the entire series, every single girl is miles better than her.
There's so much blueballing in Isekai that anons forget 99.9% of Isekai authors have no real life experience, and should stay away from writing romance past the "get together" period. Sadly just seeing something different like this gives people hope it will be different and refreshing, but it never is. See something like Nonbiri nouka, anons actually praise that garbage for being different to other Isekai of all things, when it's a complete fucking documentary tier snorefest.
Post-romantic climax is almost always is written poorly, and a lot of them just write the heroine out of the story and have the MC hang out with other girls, like SAO which had a relationship happen too early.
Seeing a heroine win with a romantic climax is also something to look forward to. Making it happen early takes something major away, and out of any exciting future plot developments.

What annoyed me is that him getting engage to her was more about tying him down than him just getting a wife. With most isekai MCs when they get a girlfriend / wife / sex slave it's just part of his journey as an adventurer, not something that permanently binds him to the ruling order of the kingdom.

Yue-sama is perfection

The best isekai for romance so far seems to be the Isekai Meikyuu manga. That bit where he's mentally monologuing while having sex with Roxanne and thinking "For the first time, I feel alive" kind of got to me.

I'm a bit mad that people actually put effort into animating this trash when it could go to much better series.

>are there ever any rules specifically restricting this?
There's never any in-universe explanation, but the two obvious reasons are either because the author is too dumb and narrow-sighted to think that maybe Kanji isn't the best writing system ever, or because the author would find that incontinent to making Japanese seem like the best writing system ever.
Thus, it's a question of incompetence vs malice.

This seems like just another fantasy anime where the only relevance of it being "isekai" is just to force the tag on the franchise, thereby boosting sales. Since you know that nobody would watch it otherwise.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Knight's & Magic - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.05_[2017.07.05_23.22.53].jpg (1280x720, 407K)

I-is this the mythical fourth hole?

Attached: 1554890803996.jpg (844x1200, 363K)

Slave Harem is fucking shit.

Only carried by the glorious h-artist doing the manga.

Your pic is not related you know? There it matters way more than here in Kenja no Mago.

>not something that permanently binds him to the ruling order of the kingdom.
That's because while most isekai writers like to imagine their character being to smart (or too lucky) to fall for politics, the author of Kenja no Mago created a kingdom that's so perfect and benevolent that there's no downside to him being tied to them.
I mean, look at 'em. They have a whole classroom full of WMDs and not once have the higher ups considered using them for personal gain.

I hope everyone like these faces because it will happen thrice per episode at least until the end.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.47_[2019.04.10_20.10.58].jpg (1280x720, 495K)

Anime when? Next fucking chapter when?

No. It really doesn't matter.
What because he can code and likes mecha? Eccentricities that you can do without the isekai reasoning.

the point is to get japanese guy into the setting, thus allowing jap otakus to self insert

But it is a reasoning at the very very least least which ties in with his unhealthy obsession over mecha.

In other words, it's a fantasy story about a prodigy wizard kid. They both are.

Best girl.

Attached: 0026-041.png.jpg (1041x653, 234K)

Mushoku Tensei BTFO, it's going to look like a stale rip off of other shows when it comes out

I hate faraway paladin too

Except in Kenja the characters will always wanked him but he'll do jackshit to warrant all that shit. At least Knight's n Magic MC actually revolutionize his kingdom military power.

And Shin revolutionizes magic.

>he'll do jackshit to warrant all that shit
He does introduce a ton of new technologies (although not to the public). In general though there's very little internal conflict in Kenja. He's just sitting around doing his own thing, and then other countries come in and bother him. He doesn't go out on adventures or anything like that either. He ends up being a perfectly obedient political servant of the kingdom he's in.

100% agreed.

>But it is a reasoning at the very very least least which ties in with his unhealthy obsession over mecha.
It's more like a character quirk than an essential element of the story, and the isekai element one of the least plausible ways, in the bounds of a fantasy story, to create that quirk. In Knights and Magic, you could have literally swapped out the reasoning for his fascination with mechas with something like "because he had a role model mecha pilot when he was a kid," and it wouldn't have changed the story one bit.

At least in something like Re:Zero, Subaru being from another world gives him a unique perspective on the fantasy world that lets him make decisions based on past actions before the timeline resets. In Youjo Senki, Tanya being from another world was an essential element of the plot, a punishment from God that remains relevant throughout the story. Isekai Smartphone is considered trashy isekai, but at least an effort is made by the writer to keep the isekai element relevant.

In the first episode of Kenja no Mago, the main character mentioned having memories from a past life a total of one time and it was immediately forgotten about. His old personality was not preserved, but instead, he just as a normal kid personality. When Gramps told him that he was adopted, it would have been a perfect opportunity for him to confide that he had these memories and if he was confused, confide in him about them. The opportunity was missed, and the writer hamfisted a magical academy story into this. Now THAT is trash writing.

>but mages not trying to make their magic more efficient is just plain stupid.
I think it's done well in "The Magic in this Other World is Too Far Behind". Natives are basically lacking the theory behind magic meanwhile in the original world magic also had an enlightenment period giving birth to the modern magician.

It's a bit too chuuni for me thou on occasion. But I like the plot.

It's also the first time I've seen magic being explained well without losing any mystery around it.

Attached: 25.png (1124x1600, 746K)

oh yea I forgot MT did get an anime, it did have its popularity cycle already and manga sold as well thanks to which we have a Roxy spinoff but they really shouldn't have delayed it so much.

Attached: noice.png (1143x1618, 749K)

yeah, it's more like the author knows it's cliche but can't come up with original ideas so he tries to lampshade it in hopes that makes it somehow less cliche when he plays it straight anyways

adding to this hopefully it won't be a total disaster.

Attached: chibis.png (1143x1618, 690K)

>and it wouldn't have changed the story one bit.
Earth's coding is literally what makes him a prodigy. Without it the anime practically won't start.

You're trying too hard, user.

It's Silver Link, not Kyoani or Bones.
I'm surprised it isn't full QUALITY and they put effort in some scenes, given this is cliche: the show

You aren't very good at comprehending what you're reading, are you?

Yeah, this show is exactly like Harukana Receive if you ignore the volleyball and everything else that differentiates them.
How do retards manage to convince themselves that they aren't looking like idiots while oversimplifying everything?

I can see your point and I agree with you, but back then I was criticizing the horrible enchantment system of Kenja no Mago. There fault lies with associating magic with text, while "The Magic in this Other World is Too Far Behind" uses a different system as you pointed out.

Don't diss Silver Link.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fate Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILLYA 3rei!! - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_15.11_[2016.09.21_14.3 (1280x720, 89K)

The fact that you have to resort to strawman arguments in order to address what I said just tells me that you have no actual rebuttals, and I'm right.

>revolutionizes magic
Animeonlyfag here, what are the chances only him and a select few of his harem can fully into this "new" way of magic? Because if so, that's hardy revolutionizing anything.

The prince is in his class and a close friend.

I'm just saying them going for cheap in some scenes is expected. Hell, even pic related had the previous episode going full QUALITY.
I'm also saying this cliche show doesn't deserve to look better than average anyways.
SL should focus their efforts on whatever other projects they have going on (like Prisma Phantasm)

His male friends also learn his magic but everyone there is just mimicking him. To sum it up, excluding him, his 11 colleagues and his grandparents are using his magic, at least in the manga at the moment. The little princess started to learn some from him too.

So it's just him and one other guy? That's even worse.

If only someone could light up every mangaka who makes these abominations.

>copying
I guess that's something. Though until someone else than him make a new spell or something I wouldn't count it yet.

Does he look white or Asian canonically?

My man these are all isekai LN adaption which are in turn WN adaptions.

And the king is his uncle.

How come in all these types of shows the MC is stuck in a dead-end wage-slave job in real life,but as soon he gets transported he is all of the sudden a super hard worker and extremely motivated?

Remove Narou

because it's fun

It's Kadokawa that licenses most of them.

This episode hasn't made me want to drop it yet. I've seen worse anyway. Three episode rule it is then.

Its not gay if I like her is it?

The MC uses his understanding of the world in a scientific way that makes him OP (i.e. how fire works). Kanji also plays a role.

Why is he wearing a suit?

Attached: [Erai-raws] Kenja no Mago - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_11.03.489.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

Because in Mushoku Tensei when the MC reincarnated and was given another chance after having lived a disgusting hellish NEET life he regretted, he swore to himself that he would live his life to the fullest yada yada make his other parents proud and so on.
Many other isekai authors liked this premise initially and copy/pasted even if they don't make it clear and say out loud.

Attached: spiritual homosexual.png (539x667, 259K)

So I'm guessing this an isekai sol like smartphone but with a romcom instead of harem and high school hijinks instead of adventuring?

There's also Overlap, Alphapolis and other small publishers that harvest works from narou, not only them.

it's an isekai with literally nothing of interest happening.

Might give it a try then. Isekai smartphone was comfy.

I've enjoyed every isekai that has ever been animated, and this one is no exception.

Attached: 1493392636965.png (280x280, 116K)

There are many specialized labels from Kadokawa yes but just as many other labels from different publishers too, I mean who would want to miss out on the gold mine?

It's pretty inoffensive. As run of the mill as it can get so if you don't mind padding out your day with a single isekai anime then go for it lad.

Same
And based.

The boobs talked!

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_22.04_[2019.04.10_15.58.27].jpg (1280x720, 94K)

As expected of boobs!

Bruh the animation is so sick

they made her tits even bigger then the manga version

>isekai for no reason since he was born and raised in the fantasy world
>no common sense to the point of not being able to shop even though he remembers living a normal life on Earth where he definitely bought things
>Earth school uniform when everyone else is in fantasy clothes
>"serious" moments come out of nowhere and nobody gives a fuck about them
>humor is just overreactions and characters being idiots for no reason
>ridiculously OP with unique skills for reasons
>people have never seen blue fire before because that's apparently something that only exists in super advanced civilizations now
>actually a magic academy harem that's just using the isekai start to be trendy

Jesus Christ. This has to be the least well-thought-out premise of the year. It's like they fed a neural network a bunch of popular LNs and then had it piece together a best-seller.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Animegataris - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.07.jpg (427x569, 38K)

Is the magic system any good?

I might give a try if it's just SoL romcom with nothing happening. I hate plotfaggotry especially when you know you are not getting an S2.

No. It's horrible.

I mean there're a few lol serious arcs but you know what you're getting with this shit.

It's not a harem though. It's more like Rakudai or SAO in that regard.

Attached: r63.jpg (800x1800, 821K)

I have no idea, wiki says
>Shin has a Western-style countenance with black hair and black eyes unlike his rugged Japanese facial structure from his previous world but has a deeper feature
but no idea how true that is

So is this like Baka Test fused with Negima?

I love the random English in the OP.

Attached: [Ohys-Raws] Kenja no Mago - 01 (AT-X 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_23.16.795.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

I wish. That sounds amazing.

Battle Academy harems are dead and don't get anime adaptions anymore but this is playing it smart and using the isekai premise to cover what it really is!

SAO is definitely a harem. Even if he got a girlfriend.

Will this be the hate magnet of the season?

No, it's to generic for that. Most people will drop and forget about it in just a few weeks.

looks like utter garbage

Nah not until, Shield Bro will protect all other shows from shitposting.

>OP has lyrics
>not translated
????????

The shield protects.

Nah. Show is too generic.

Thread will slow down and stay at a comfy cruise control.

Nah, just fades into obscurity and with some who unironically loves and enjoys it left in the threads after few weeks.

So are there any other isekai this season besides quartet and shield?

jap writers are currently incapable of writing a straight fantasy; it has to be native isekai now
and yes he's a gary stu who is absurdly powerful not even based on "HURR DURR MAGIC IS LIEK PROGRAMMING" but just because he's not an ignorant peasant and can mentally visualize/comprehend things better thanks to superior japanese education.
In his defense, he sn't a dense harem protag. he sees a wife, holds her hand so hard and marries her while disregarding any other female. the other females generally are supportive and NOT trying to grab his cock like a gaggle of sluts.
grandpa merlin and grandma melinda are cute
It's one of the many isekai i've read and it wasn't the worst. Not a glaring recommendation, but it's not the worst shit ever.

Attached: amazing the breasts spoke.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>main girl is best girl
Picked up

Smartphone worked out because it didn't take itself seriously.

She's the worst girl though.

Knockoff Megumin with glasses chan is cute!

Kenji no mago
Technically KonoYuno, Amazing Stranger and Nobunaga also qualifies

>coming up with in the world never seen before teleportation and magical nuke
Is he magical jesus lite? I like.

Do you know what thread you are in?

>jap writers are currently incapable of writing a straight fantasy; it has to be native isekai now
The problem is not even the Isekai part. You could easily come up with an interesting fictional world and have a "real life" person be reborn in it or sent to it or whatever. The major problem is that all the settings they come up with are generic JRPG shit where the inhabitants know about things like HP, MP, stats, levels, etc., making everything generic and formulaic.

>Yea Forumsutists getting autistically mad over something that isn't tailor made for them in the first place.

Every time.

Attached: 1502711607407.png (1280x720, 1.01M)

>lame as hell

Still better looking fight than OPM S2, kek

Shadow is the superior magical nuke

Attached: N6.png (1114x1600, 438K)

I never get why animators can't show the driver of these vehicles. Is it laziness? Or do we assume no one's driving them?

I don't know why people have to feel entitled to shows that cater to them. I didn't even watch the show. Just drop it and move on desu.

Why is his hand so tiny? Also why does the guy wear the same costume as the girl? Does the author seriously think this is cool, showing off a guy's belly as if he were participating in a pride parade?

You jest but I am actually a bit miffed that this has better sakuga so far than OPM of all things.

lolis are just too small to see

Why are you typing like an idiot? Because you are one.
Apply yourself.

Sorry

Attached: slaps.gif (640x360, 555K)

Wait for peak chuuni next season.

Attached: chuuni in the house.png (1304x1854, 693K)

So you could self insert

>boob chart
Nice.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_22.51.983.jpg (1920x1080, 395K)

But it IS made for us. I like shit like this. That doesn't mean I am not allowed to complain when it's badly done.

>jap writers are currently incapable of writing a straight fantasy; it has to be native isekai now
that's not what native isekai means, or at least not how I usually see it used, native isekai is used for works which have zero people from another world but still follow the usual RPG/MMO mechanics, have adventure guilds, hero classes etc
anyway, otakus don't care about reading the story of a random fantasy mage in a medieval setting, but they do care about reading a story of "them self" being transported there, so if you want to succeed you write what the people want to buy

Based arifureta

>please don't shit on shit shows I like

It's not sarcasm. Lol the QUALITY of OPM has to be seen to be believed. Even I was skeptical at all shitposting at first. This show unironically has better sakuga.

No one would buy shit if the setting is from some African ooga booga society with ugly niggers besides meme fetish.

But I don't like this show

Attached: the_call_that_saved_shonun.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Holy shit. I didn't even realize it.

Fucking based.
Respect for the show just got higher.

You are exaggerating. OPM S2 looks mediocre.

I can already tell that yellow is best girl.

No. It's definitely shit.

>native isekai

It's called fantasy. Fucking hell.

>only focuses on the game/skill ones
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH JAP FANTASY IS DEAD
Kill yourself.

The fact that they make your favourite loli show doesn't change the fact that current stuff they make is cheap and looks like complete fucking ass.
BakaTest times are long gone.

I'm not talking about making it some African ooga booga society. It can be the most generic high fantasy. The point is not to ruin it by including things that are only necessary to run an actual game. There is no purpose in having the inhabitants of a fictional world know what stats, levels, etc. are. In particular when the world is not even supposed to be a game.

You haven't watched enough anime if you honestly think that. There is plenty of shows this very season that looks far worse.

Again, no one who isn't on the autistic spectrum wants to read or see the nitty gritty of being in an underdeveloped fantasy world like figuring out how to wipe their ass after they shit. To make up for that, they use game terminology.

If there were no
>unique skills
>mana points
>levels
>classes
and some other dumb vidya shit shoehorned in for no fucking reason, i would rather watch show full of ugly niggers anyway, it would be better by default.

>guy so genre fatigued he's willing to settle for actual bad ideas as long as it's "yooniq"

LMAO, just fucking move on bro.

How does the game terminology make up for that exactly?

>merlin banged pink

>Watch more shitshows because my shit show is better in comparison
This level of shitty direction can only be found in bottom of the barrel. You only forgive it because you're an OPMfag.

Attached: HorribleSubs_Mob_Psycho_100_S2_05_1080p.mkv_snapshot_22.49_2019.02.06_03.48.55.jpg (1351x1080, 465K)

God damn it MC.

Why didn't you go for the redhead instead?

I can't believe that people now use native isekai term unironically.

Attached: royal_amputee.png (1920x1080, 1M)

Don't try arguing with one joke nogs

I called the show mediocre. How does that make you think that I like it?
It is you who are retarded for being baffled by the quality when it isn't even uniquely bad.

The shitposter won.

Rushed as fuck

Maria sama ga miteru is also not made for me but i see an artistic merit in this show.
Kenja no mago has nothing.

You must be the dumbest person on Yea Forums right now because a major problem of these Isekai anime is EXACTLY what you describe: they waste an ungodly amount of time with explaining game mechanics to the viewer rather than develop things naturally.

People get upset about it, so it's fun.

still waiting for a mesoamerican fantasy world isekai

Attached: 1524497439953.jpg (1057x755, 207K)

It appeals to teenage nerds who aren't so burned out on Isekai. In other words, not for the pedantic fucks that make up this place.

Who cares? This isn't some josei drama. You're literally looking for something that isn't being advertised. Look who's the dumbshit now.

Enough shitposting does shit like that.

Unique bad idea would be more entertaining by the sole reason that it would be something new that could engage you with its mystery, instead of another cookie cutter shit that you saw fifty times already like this filth.
Why can't these worlds they end up in more weird, i want my anime morrowind for fucks sake.

There is no artistic merit in yurishit.

>It appeals to teenage nerds who aren't so burned out on Isekai. In other words, not for the pedantic fucks that make up this place.
That makes no sense as an answer to my question.
You said that using game terminology makes up for having to read about how people learn to wipe their ass. I asked how.

Because mediocre is a fluff word that means nothing usually used by people with shitty taste who unironically enjoyed it trying to not admit it so as to get the guard of others down. Hence why its usually phrased as 'Hurr durr it's mediocre, don't have much expectations man'.
OPM is shit as far as I'm concerned.

Attached: 0b5.png (680x455, 452K)

Literally a forced meme.

First episode was pretty bad even by generic magical academy harem isekai standards.

Something can be shit and mediocre at the same time, tard.

It's not too pedantic nor is it too plain. This fits for its intended audience.

I also don't like yuri shows, hence why it is not for me, but i can see how people would like this series and want to watch it.
I can hardly grasp how people are deluding themselves that Kenja no Mago is anything else than a a garbage show that they will forget next season when another shitty isekai starts.
And it is arifureta isn't it? I wonder if people will be more mad than when Smartphone aired.

Attached: 1512052182634.jpg (594x592, 34K)

Yes like OPM

Based mobchads

>Who cares?
Anyone who is not a huge retard with shit taste.

Isekai does not mean that the setting needs JRPG garbage. A fantasy setting does not need an adventurers guild. It does not need a graphical user interface for the main character that shows him his HP or MP, it does not need stats or levels.

Also it's funny how you've completely given up on your original claim that the JRPG shit was good because it spared people the pain of being exposed to actual world building (which I would argue is one of the main reasons why people like fantasy settings in the first place).

thats just at the start, they become a magical spec op squad later

Illya is their current stuff.

>I can hardly grasp how people are deluding themselves that Kenja no Mago is anything else than a a garbage show that they will forget next season when another shitty isekai starts.

Perhaps when you realize that anime fans are more than just Yea Forums and there are those who genuinely like this will you be able to, le epic ledditor.

Yeah. Doesn't make you any less retarded for thinking that it's shitiness is in anyway unique.

It's shit but I like it

Attached: 1421529405751.png (840x708, 234K)

Shut up Jack.

Why do people still watch trash like this? Why are studios still making those? It's going to sell below 2k and nobody will remember it a month later.

Attached: 1472321778924.png (692x720, 309K)

>mfw the 17 minute set up just to get to the fact that he'll be enrolling in a magic academy
>mfw in the first minute he gets truck'd
>mfw in the first 10 minutes he's OP as fuck with 0 struggles
>mfw he has all his memories of the past world but can't remember that he bought shit in the other world
I am so genuinely fucking done with Isekai but like always I'll give this one a shot. The animation looked good I just wish it wasn't wasted on something so fucking generic.

Hopefully its more School Battle Harem then Isekai.

Attached: mfw watching kenja no mago.jpg (1086x608, 35K)

>JRPG's GET OUT REEEEEE

Well that's just part and parcel of the genre. Learn to love it or keep on seething.

Escapism
Because they watch it
Nobody cares if they remember it

disc sales don't matter anymore and especially with LNs.

>A fantasy setting does not need an adventurers guild.
all classical fantasy series have them so they'll never go away. kind of a dumb thing to be angry about. might as well screech about everyone using ceremonial swords instead of spears, pikes and halberds.

>Keeps watching a genre that they hate just because.

Why do you faggots do this? You can't be this bored in life to find something you genuinely enjoy.

Only faggots judge something based on genre.
This could have been a show that broke the mold. You don't know until you watch it.

Nice to see relaxing fun isekai like Smartphone again. Got tired of grimdark shit. Though i am always confusing this one with other isekai with exact same premise, except where hes raised not by grandfather, but busty elven slut magician

>Of the year
Nigga this series is old as fuck

The LN is for some unknown reason, actually quite popular in japan.

School Battle Harem part is why it's bad in the first place good fucking riddance to that genre.
I would prefer comfy isekai adventures like smartphone but here we are with no harem and no fun allowed and stuck in school.

>School battle harem
Doesn't he just fuck off to other regions to fight the demons? What school battle harem?

Cicily is the only waifu for him, it's not even a Harem considering another couple in their group literally fucks after Shin makes those "special" necklaces he made and everybody except Shin realized that it can also be a magical condom.

>d-don't say that my shitty show is shit
Why are you getting so defensive?

his prince bro will show up and everyone will have a fun ol' time hanging out and relaxing all cool as part of the special advanced magery class Shin teaches in school

Hey, Mr bad reading comprehension. He's asking why you're watching something you claim to hate.

does he try to teach them japanese?

Attached: dekinai.png (225x225, 142K)

Outbreak Company was great

I personally don't care if it revolutionizes the genre as long as it's just fun, be it stupid or otherwise.

Well, the plot does heavily revolve around him being a student, and teaching his classmates magic, so they all go around battling demons.
Even when they go off to fight a war (as a class) they come back to school for the new semester.

The real question is "How is it a harem?"
It might have been better if it was actually a harem, given the main girl is a bland doormat who lets herself be kidnapped despite being a WMD.

Attached: file.png (1500x2126, 3.7M)

To me it is less fun if I feel I already watched the show before.

This seems pretty dumb, I'll watch it until it gets offensively stupid.

>Earth's coding is literally what makes him a prodigy.

Indeed. Programming is magic, SICP agrees too.

> We are about to study the idea of a computational process. Computational processes are abstract beings that inhabit computers. As they evolve, processes manipulate other abstract things called data. The evolution of a process is directed by a pattern of rules called a program. People create programs to direct processes. In effect, we conjure the spirits of the computer with our spells.

> A computational process is indeed much like a sorcerer's idea of a spirit. It cannot be seen or touched. It is not composed of matter at all. However, it is very real. It can perform intellectual work. It can answer questions. It can affect the world by disbursing money at a bank or by controlling a robot arm in a factory. The programs we use to conjure processes are like a sorcerer's spells. They are carefully composed from symbolic expressions in arcane and esoteric programming languages that prescribe the tasks we want our processes to perform.

Attached: cover.jpg (400x579, 50K)

Nah, Japanese is a classified secret. His moonrunes are an absurdly efficient method of ENCHANTMENT

By that point, you're already condemning yourself by not even reading the synopsis and judging if it's worth your time.

It just needs to be isekai to insert a "normal japanese man" in the setting, the rest of the setting and its mechanics does not fucking metter. you literally only need the self-insert.
You see a bunch of isekais with different settings, some are kind of RPGs, some are more fantasy-like, some are just silly-for-fun, but all will have your isekai MC as the japanese MC either from past, present, future, or some japanese timeline.

Because I like watching anime and I've seen so fucking much of it that I half to watch garbage so that I'm not spending each season rewatching shit. When you watch 10-30 shows per season you get critical of everything you watch. I wouldn't be posting negatively about this show if they had at least TRIED to do something original. But this was as bland and generic as you could get with the MC being jerked off relentlessly by everyone for 0 reason.

Pikes and halberds are battlefield weapons. Most scenarios in Isekai are self-defence, "dungeon crawling" (which one may equate to storming a castle or something), etc. where historically swords would be the most common weapon. Also, I'm not opposed to adventurer's guilds per se. Just making them generic as they are, with adventurer levels, etc.

Synopsis can be misleading.

i like it, but if the cute grandpas are always on screen then it will be aoty of the year

With isekai, what you see is what you get so my advice is pretty fool proof.

>normal japanese man

Fushigi Yuugi and Magic Knight Rayearth exist.

>Be critical
>Instead of being selective, I choose to binge every shit I lay eyes on
>Get angry every time

Here lies the problem

Following your advice I would have missed Knight's and Magic, which I enjoyed despite the genericness.

>and there are those who genuinely like this
Nobody is saying you can't like it. What we're saying is that it's garbage.

It could use more of the cute granpas to be honest.
It's only early on, then it gets quite boring when he joins the magical school.

can we just pretend this anime doesn't exist? I'm getting second hand embarrassment just knowing someone, somewhere is enjoying it unironically.

Good for you, but if you're that much tired of isekai then it's best to either lay off for a while or be more discerning.

I enjoy it.

He literally said he can't fathom the possibility of people liking Kenja no Mago, as if it's something inhuman to him.

both are old
most isekai staring female character or focused on women these days have them show up as the hero or villain in one of those romance video games
also, most isekai with female characters have them be reborn or turn into a in the new world already established character while most male isekai heroes are japanese boys transported there

Unironically enjoying it here fren

The fact that they're old is irrelevant. I was merely debunking the generalization that isekai protags are all Japanese males.

Like your favorite girl would even get any screentime even if it was a harem

>Mushoku Tensei
>wish-fulfillment
No amount of power could stop the MC from jobbing a gorillion times like the bitch he was.

Attached: 1524202376515.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Self insert yourself as the truck?

Sweet, how many people do I get to kill? Do I get to drive into a building and cause mass destruction or is it like GTA where I just cause random terror on the roads?

you don't understand. it starts out generic enough, but quickly becomes a 12 year old's fantasy of what it's like to be popular in high school. the protagonist walks around with an entourage of kids just so they can clap whenever he does anything.

Attached: x2.png (1500x2126, 704K)

but most are...

Settle down, Ahmed.

Can't wait.

It's because Shin is so sasuga

Attached: 1402610902528.png (1278x1365, 891K)

>page
Eh?
For what purpose?

Give my boy Rudy some slack will ya. He managed to not job at life and dies a satisfying death surrounded by his loved ones.

Attached: 65756576557.jpg (750x587, 28K)

how much more generic does it get?

>Hopefully its more School Battle Harem then Isekai.
God I hope so

Is there such a thing as an isekai that's too shitty for nips to buy/get an anime adaption?

>he doesn't know everything was an act

>academy shit
Dropped. I have my standards.

so you're about to ask your girlfriend's parents for permission do date. do you:
a) ask to speak to them privately
b) make sure all of your friends are present so they can start a slow clap when they inevitably accept and shower your with praise.

Attached: x47.png (1500x2126, 1.35M)

i genuely enyojed this shit way more than i expected

You can say that about 90% of isekai.
And the 10% is just shit.

Attached: 1548518466007.png (382x540, 229K)

I wish I had Onii-sama's fashion sense.

Yeah really unpopular ones. And there's a different reason some semi popular stuff won't get an adaption considering the amount of rape and guro they have like Re:Monster, Isekai healer guy and so on.

Should I bother giving this show a shot?

>congratulations
Because author is a cretin who thinks that blade is expendable and cheap. Shin enchanted the sword to vibrate but it wasn't very pleasant to use, so they came up with this retarded solution. What's even worse, the kingdom started using these goddamn swords too, without even vibration enchantment if I am not mistaken.

no
i watched it and want my 30min back

This. People think that every isekai gets a chance to get greenlit when the really bad ones don't even get past narou.

After reading through the thread, I'm inclined to agree. Thanks, kind user!

I honestly don't see how popping your blade off is a solution, but I'm aware I'm missing context.
But I still feel like there shouldn't be, realistically speaking, situations for you to literally remove your blade off.

>Because author is a cretin who thinks that blade is expendable and cheap
t.weeabo that thinks glorious nippon steel folded 1000 times never breaks

>tfw otomefag
>99% of our isekai will never get anime adaptions because the market is skewed towards shonenshit

I don't know why but I liked it

>b) make sure all of your friends are present so they can start a slow clap when they inevitably accept and shower your with praise.

You do know they're nobles right and Shin is retarded in the common sense part so he never thought about how it should be intimate. It's literally the same when you REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in public. Nobody wants to hear that and yet there they are.

there is no more context. it's just dumb.

kind of amazing, to think that there's shit worse than smartphone isekai and people are still willing to to pay for it.

Why is the house identical to the konosuba house

I enjoyed it

The vibration enchantment is tied to the blade, not the whole sword. The hilt does not vibrate, at least not as much as the blade. That is the way to use it fairly comfortably without loosing the enchantment.

You are as stupid as the author. Swords break, that is true but creating a removable blade on a sliding crossguard and expecting it to withstand enemy attacks is ludicrous. Besides, a good sword made from a good steel will bend instead of breaking. The kingdom army changes blades during the battle and author expects us to believe in this bullshit.
Also, katana is a shit weapon made from worst steel on earth, while at it. You want good slicing weapon then check hungarian sabre.

It gets more "Fun" unlike Isekai Smartphone.

There are plenty of good ones too like nagai koto nagai koto for example which gets the axe for not selling enough even if did get past narou and really shitty ones like this get an anime instead. Unfair but what can you do.

I like this girl

Attached: 1534004968246.jpg (268x430, 16K)

Smartphone is fun.

Attached: 1504592074652.jpg (1207x929, 206K)

when it says he lacks "common sense" they actually mean that he's so much better than everybody else that it defies common sense. even his social faux pas turn into revolutionary new paradigm

This felt as if was written by filling a checkbox of tropes. Also, I don't remember seing an isekai were the isekai part was as irrelevant as in this.
Seriously, there is a reason whatsoever to make this an isekai? As if its it would be exactly the same with a guy from that world, the isekai thing is completely pointless.

Although, I can't say I hated. It was amusing to a certain degree. I guess because it wasn't taking himself too serious-

The blue haired girl is going to lose so hard the butthurt is going to be out of the scale. Because they will build all the series that shit just to make the tsundere redhair win in the end, like always. But people will take the bait, like always.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Merc Storia - Mukiryoku Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo - 03 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00. (1280x720, 72K)

Smartphone was GOAT, fuck you.

Attached: 1540173234770.webm (1280x720, 364K)

>Because they will build all the series that shit just to make the tsundere redhair win in the end
I wish you were right.

>Because they will build all the series that shit just to make the tsundere redhair win in the end

Even if there's that possiblity, it's so miniscule that it would be counted as something unique.

So when do they fuck?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_18.44_[2019.04.10_22.33.54].jpg (1280x720, 88K)

>The blue haired girl is going to lose so hard the butthurt is going to be out of the scale.

Jokes on you she's the main girl and the MC ignores everybody else.

>those hips
MUH

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p]-0001.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

>Musoku tensei
>Wish-fulfillment
I remember the main character getting wrecked too many times for it to be wish-fulfillment.

>YWN get paizuri from this

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p]-0002.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

>the tsundere redhair win in the end, like always
>like always
>always
Oh my sweet summer child

Attached: 1535391108505.jpg (1282x853, 98K)

theres an insane amount of isekai, and most isekai anime out right now have been out for YEARS before being noticed enough to get an anime.

>rapebait
that gets annoying. How close does she get to actually being raped though

>exposing your belly to Merlin every day
there's gonna be an explosion later

>Mashiro Iro Symphony

You just opened old wounds, son.

Melinda was hot when she was younger. As an older lady though she's the ideal grandma that will tend to dote and spoil the kid while being strict. Just look at how much he spoils Shin when he butters her up with that "You're the greatest grandma ever" shtick.

>Mushoku Tensei
2/10 bait made me reply

Attached: 1469309660196.gif (480x336, 867K)

That's not a truck.

>Also, I don't remember seing an isekai were the isekai part was as irrelevant as in this.
What isekai that isn't LN-only has the isekai part be very relevant to the story?

I'm cautiously optimistic praying that what ever company gets it will do it justice

Attached: 1463874602607.gif (480x270, 675K)

>but like always I'll give this one a shot
We just never learn.

SSSS.Gridman

Don't worry, they won't.

So handsome.

Attached: [Ohys-Raws] Kenja no Mago - 01 (AT-X 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_23.27.633.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

They already did.

DAMMIT user LET ME HAVE HOPE!

Attached: 1464694902250.png (1280x720, 789K)

The spin-off´s art may be horrible, but young Melinda is a miracle of the universe.

Attached: 0e9f1486022f0e6bde5035cb0783fb2a09.jpg (1125x1595, 165K)

Manga Olivia was too cute, so they turned her into a mexican.

It's pretty fun, you're taking both the show and yourself way too seriously.
I'd recommend growing up a bit.

Dumb MC should have gone for the redhead.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.11_[2019.04.10_18.30.45].jpg (1280x720, 86K)

This.

Attached: 1503461018170.gif (500x280, 3.71M)

Detested the novel, dested the manga, but as an Anime?
It fits just fine should be fun.

What about this redhead?

Attached: 1549210434644.jpg (359x376, 20K)

>THK joins isekai world
That said, I wish redhaired-chan could win. Bluehair is a literal doormat.

We tried to warn you. I hope you enjoyed your time pissing off people who like proper fantasy, because now you get a term with a dozen different made up definitions that people will insist is a real thing and argue about the proper usage of a nonexistent term.

While that certainly has more impact on the series being shit, the introduction of a plot element (isekai) that not only adds nothing to the plot or characters, but actually creates plot holes that wouldn't be there if it were just normal fantasy is terrible writing. On the bright side, it's probably the best way to determine whether the author actually gives a shit or is just putting out whatever is popular.

Attached: The history of b.jpg (798x497, 97K)

>that cutie on the left

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_19.42_[2019.04.10_22.34.55].jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Are they americans?

>new isekai
>it's basically the same as every other isekai except for a small tweak to the formula or some forced gimmick to make it oh so original XD
Why do isekai authors keep on doing this?

Attached: 1515124597838.jpg (467x470, 111K)

To piss you off.

How many wives he had again?

To piss you off.

An user said dochaku was a better definition of them, but at this point people use the term for things that aren't isekai. It's either is or not.

Attached: jahy frustrated.jpg (571x483, 40K)

To piss you off.

What does isekai mean? And what does native isekai mean?

>kingdom has posters of Merlin and Melinda lining the streets
So they really are living gods to these people.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Kenja no Mago - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.51_[2019.04.10_18.30.30].jpg (1280x720, 158K)

To piss you off.

Series should've been about them desu

there are a few schools of thought on native isekai

an isekai told from the perspective of a native rather than the reincarnated jap, like bertia's isekai

litrpg school that if it takes place in a game world or has stat screens and the like

narou template school that if it shares common tropes with isekai, namely adventurer guilds and dragon quest mobs

and then there's the bait school that native isekai is any fantasy story, lotr is native isekai

Attached: 1422970505666.jpg (251x201, 10K)

i subscribe to the dochaku school btw

Attached: bertia.png (600x600, 845K)

>grandpa was chad/10 explosion wizard
>grandma was a banging hot nerdy guru girl
>they had a goddamn adorable bear mascot companion
those two had some fukken epic adventures

There are no schools of thought because there is no such thing. Stop being retarded.

See

Define regular isekai.

I miss when "native isekai" got you a 3 day ban

Attached: Olivia.jpg (613x1048, 249K)

I miss when isekai wasn't even an actual term in this industry.

Attached: 1501527954041.gif (350x350, 66K)

a protagonist from earth travels to a parallel world through magic, divine or unexplained means, typically after death or by summoning.

Attached: 1538281467846.png (318x427, 156K)

So you miss ancient pangea cause there have always been stories of people going to other worlds and planes of existence

Attached: 1425512714602.jpg (371x348, 47K)

Just because it existed doesn't mean the term did my dude.

How did the definition change so much just by adding the word "native" in front of it?

So call it something else like Popsicle.

Fucking hell. I can win the genetic lottery, good looks lottery, money lottery, magic lottery, and family lottery and all I have to do is walk into traffic? I'm never looking both ways again!

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-10-19h13m21s576.png (1920x1080, 838K)

That's pathetic, user.

I don't even get why everyone is so riled up about native isekai.
is it just people getting off on being grammar nazis?

goblin slayer shitposting

Attached: 1471523027480.jpg (698x658, 136K)

You can go back to Yea Forums now.

Surprise, people dislike when you take a hot steaming shit on basic logic.

Design remind me of this

Attached: 1553468483523.jpg (1280x1720, 757K)

Attached: 1552999888023.jpg (557x630, 147K)

There should be an isekai about a bus or plane crashing and all the people on the bus end up in the new world

Define important, but Rayearth, Escaflowne and Fushigi Yuugi have the girls be chosen ones, any story where the MC introduces tech or bootstraps tech fundamentally changes the world, and something like Youjo Senki combines that with gender bender stuff.

Don't get defensive about eating garbage. It makes you look bad.

It's called the Magic Schoolbus.

but there is nothing wrong with the logic
>it's a setting with RPG mechanics and tropes like recent popular isekai but no one is from another world
think of it like a subgenre of fantasy, sure you can call it just fantasy but that calling it native isekai provides a lot more information

>mfw kenja no mago got an anime before your favorite isekai
>fucking maken no daydreamer will get one aswell

How does this make you feel

Attached: 1546104535936.jpg (1099x1195, 479K)

Man, this scene gave me shivers.
The fact that the car in the front had the newbie symbol made it more realistic.

yeah just like that, your typical grammar nazi.

Attached: Capture.jpg (594x708, 91K)

Yes there is one actually.

kissmanga.com/Manga/Choujin-Koukousei-tachi-wa-Isekai-demo-Yoyuu-de-Ikinuku-you-desu

there are plenty of those

Thats typical driving anywhere in NJ. Bastards always got places to be and no time to get there.

Maken no Daydreamer is actually unique in the concept of MC recognizing his inability to feel like a person of the world and his "mom" wanting to correct that by having him interact with it and hopefully feel he belongs.

Its honestly pretty embarrassing that you're going this route and to these lengths simply over being called out on shitposting.

Do better.

>Define important
Isekai where things, such as info or experience, from their past lives have a consistent effect to the story.

I feel like nobody remembers "Dead Mount Death Play" anymore. It's kinda sad since reverse isekai are so rare compared to regular ones.

I wanted the the drama from having a pantheon of demi-gods instead of just a single montheistic omnipoltent MC, not a nuclear reactor.

Shadow has such a weird mindset. I think he's crazy. I wonder if any of the Shadow Garden members will see his 'crazier' side.

Fuck isekai, reincarnation is where it's at.

Attached: 1550611352688.png (1026x966, 609K)

It also basically ignores that idea after briefly touching on it and using it as a reason why the mc is going to go on adventures.

You mean Native reincarnation?

Attached: 1524243572218.png (2785x2806, 2.09M)

>you read jump? heh, what a kid
>I read Jump Square

>Liz-sama's LN is now electronically available

Banzai! Dumping the LN illustrations

Attached: liz0.png (520x685, 478K)

Attached: Liz1.png (600x850, 483K)

Yikes

Why are you doing this here? Liz is great though

All chinese cartoons on books are for children user

replying to shitposting is also shitposting.
or you either think it's a legitimate argument or you can't see that it's bait.

I see no other isekai threads, unless you count Isekai CInematic Universe thread as one

Attached: liz2.png (600x850, 543K)

Why is the sound design in this show so bad? Its way too fucking quiet.

Not a fan of non-fanfiction, but I think everyone takes 1 isekai thread for an all-in isekai thread.

Attached: 1527953151977.png (800x640, 571K)

Did you also go to Mob anime threads to post Naruto because they were both shonen?
This is why mods are banning you, because you derail threads into something else.
This is Kenja no Majo anime thread, please go away.

>getting deleted
bros?

Okay fine if you want to be so much of a gigantic faggot about it

Happy?

>This is why mods are banning you, because you derail threads into something else.
You're mixing cause and effect there, buddy.

>kenja no majo thread
>people talking about isekai in general in the latter half
What does he mean by this?

Well, you'll feel right at home here.

I missed all the Liz pictures. Fuck.

>Not using Yea Forums X
laughingvillainesses.jpg

The MC introducing stuff from their old world to shit covered peasants is a cliche.

Everything is a cliche. That's beside the point.

Power fantasy isn't the only form of wish fulfillment.

Who said it has to revolve around introducing shit to the retarded inferior plebs of the new world?

>isekai leeches get booted by mods
>thread dies

No, you goddamned moron, a cliche is a trope or concept used so often it becomes trite. Most isekai is full of cliche because they're written by amateurs copying cliche-filled work done by more successful amateurs.

An MC going in and introducing the isekai world to Japanese shit has been done to the point of cliche. FoZ did it with the WWII weaponry, Drifters has guns, the plane and the ship, Outbreak Company and Bookworm are all about it, Hataraku Maou-sama makes a joke of it in reverse, teaching farmers crop rotation and fertilization is in every other pastoral isekai, and introducing Japanese food as haute cuisine is so omnipresent it has its own subgenre of restaurant-style isekai.

Jesus. You're a braindead redditor that doesn't know shit for anything aren't you.

Is there an isekai where the MC ends up as a slave to a civilization of technologically advanced atlantean ubermensch?

I can't think of one offhand, but I'd read it.

I like Bookworm though.

Attached: 1552881776476.png (273x231, 60K)

>magic-based high school
Rather late but picked the fuck up.

I'm getting smartphone vibes from this.

kawaii

Sauce for this one? I need my Isekai Trash fix.

Ascendance of a Bookworm

based

Thank you my kind connoisseur of isekai trash like myself.