JoJo Steel Ball Run

This thread is dedicated to the best JoJo part, and dare I say it, greatest manga in history, steel ball run

what about it makes it your favourite part user?

Attached: images (8).jpg (361x499, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhKH_bma5WE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The fight is pretty good

I'm so happy he stopped drawing Gyro's smile. That shit was unnerving and made me hate him at the start.
Also, why the fuck would the heir of an 1800s Italian noble family have grillz like a Southside Atlanta rapper?

johnny and gyro's friendship.

It has the best characters of any jojo part
Johnny, Gyro, Funny Valentine, Wekapipo, Diego, Sandman, Ringo Roadagain are all fucking amazing

I fucking loved the final fight that came out of nowhere.
That shit was so good.

I really liked Johnny, because at no point was he ever the most powerful person in any scene. Dude was a hobbling mess just trying to keep up. And when he did finally defeat Valentine, he expended his all. There were no epic yare yare daze moments. He was on the ground, covered in mud, and wondering how the fuck he pulled it off, meanwhile his best friend in the whole world, who gave him life, is now dead. That shit was so raw plus the coloring team knocked it out of the park

>your favourite
That would be part 3

Who would win

Attached: Armstrong_Vs._Valentine.png (640x361, 345K)

They fight but then realize they have similar goals and team up

Johnny is my favourite jojo for those exact reasons

Attached: 15541333122.jpg (1024x536, 93K)

The only Jojo whose character growth is noticable. Maybe it's because of Tusk being evolving stand but Johnny from the first chapter and Johnny from the last chapter is different and that's what I like about it

The characters in SBR are so fucking good, Johnny and gyro's relationship throughout the part is amazing. Diego's Stand and character design are fucking brilliant, hot pants secretly being a nun while racing across the country to save the corpse parts, valentines hunt for the corpse parts and the fucking genius napkin theory. Design-wise though I think part 8 gives part 7 a run for kts money.

Attached: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.png (230x272, 144K)

Holy shit they'd be unstoppable

Really confused here whats the issue
ITs PErfeCtlY NoRmAL

Attached: 1539443781_a85.gif (500x734, 254K)

WELCOME TO THE TRUE MAN'S WORLD
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhKH_bma5WE

Attached: 1550212517532.png (327x586, 242K)

Babbies first seinen.
It’s not bad but it’s incredibly overrated.

It's good because it makes Jojolion happen (the actual best part)

I'm gonna finish Battle Tendency in 11 minutes

Attached: RitsuCrossedArms.png (213x378, 101K)

Enjoy it and appreciate every part indiscriminately from others.

The Part would have been perfect if it wasn't for Johnny who really felt badly written/inconsistent.
Gyro saves the part by being the GOAT and Funny valentine by being my 2nd fav villain.
Great Fights: Oyecomova and Wekapiko but also many weak ones, the forgettable ones. However it is the most overrated part of JoJo.

Why wasn’t Mandom named Lover of the World?
That’s name of the actual song that it’s referencing and not some japanese deodarant brand.

Fpbp.

It would be my favorite part if Gyro didn't quickly become a non-character and the main villain wasn't bland and one note.

BEST PART U DISAGREE YOU ARE A FKN IDIOT DUMB DUMB DUMB HOPE U BURN IN HELL YOU INSECTS FOR BEING WRONG THIS IS THE BEST PART YOU TRASHHHHH FUCK U FUCK U THIS IS BEST PART 7 PART 1 BORING SHIT BAD JONATHON SUCKS PART 2 JOSEPHS DUMB ASS PULL BAD BAD BAD PART 3 BORING YARE YARE SUCK MY DICK U DUMBASS STAR SHITINUM FUCK OFF FUCK FUCK FUCK PART 4 NO ONE CARES BAD BAD BAD WEAK VILLAIN NOT EVEN GOD STRONG WEAK WEAK WEAK PART 5 GOLDEN CONVENIENCE SO BAD CHARACTER DONUT GAY FUCK GAY MAN ALL HIS TEAM DIE PART 6 HAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A JOKE BAD PART 7 GOOD PART 8 GOOD BUT NOT GOOD PART 7

Attached: Gyro_smile.png (240x240, 151K)

I honestly think the part would be a whole lot better if Gyro was more of a main character than Johnny.

Good characters, good moments, good art (though Araki's same face syndrome was getting pretty bad around this time, there's still a lot of good panels and art), interesting set up, and the twists. It helps Johnny is my favorite JoJo and Gyro is pretty wonderful too.

Attached: johnny lets go home.jpg (558x632, 75K)

Explain what's so good about it, SBRanons. I considered it pretty average. Gyro is le wacky joke man like part 2 Joseph but less ridiculous, Valentine is boring ("patriotism" alone with nothing else behind it is not a compelling motivation, even if you argue that he uses that to hide simple personal ambition, it's still not enough to put him on the level of Kira, Diavolo, or Pucci), and most of the fights seem pretty lame compared to parts 5 and 6 (and now 8).
The original aesthetic and setup of the whole 19th Century Horse Race across America is fantastic, and Stephen Steel might actually be my favourite character of part 7, Diego is fantastic as well and Johnny is... not the worst JoJo... but overall it's just kind of average as parts go.

Oh, and Johnny's Dad meeting him during the final leg of the race was one of the best moments in JoJo history imo. That scene in particular is one of my all-time favourites and deserves special notice. But still, overall, I don't understand why it's so loved.

I just finished it a few days ago, not the masterpiece I was expecting from all the praise I've heard. Not saying it was bad though, it's pretty good. Has the best JoJo, Gyro is great too, and overall I think most of the characters are good, and the characters are definitely the strongest thing the part has to offer. I enjoyed overall how fresh it felt with the setting. Art was fantastic as usual. Did not care one bit about the overall plot though, corpse parts were pretty meh. None of the fights were particularly great or engaging outside of Funny vs Johnny and Dio vs Johnny. Also didn't get good overall or captivate me until 60~ chapters in.
But holy shit the Dio fanservice at the end was great. Absolutely loved that.
Overall I thought it was solid enough, 7/10. Part 4 is still my favorite though.

Attached: sbr_color_v23_050.jpg (1520x1200, 1.08M)

How is Diavolo above Valentine?

A personal favourite of mine. My favourite JoJo villain, actually.
Just because he doesn't have any lofty, societal goals, he is still very compelling by being a very defensive villain - even moreso than Kira. Diavolo constantly lives in fear of being "found out" or "in danger", paranoia is his greatest driving emotion. That's exceptionally rare. The Diavolo/Doppio split is also excellent, with Diavolo being weaker (mentally) than he appears, and Doppio stronger than he appears.
He also has a spectacular design and an incredibly interesting ability which is limited enough to not feel arbitrarily overpowered like Love Train does. It also ties into his personality, whereas I don't feel Valentine's stand does.

>mfw Tusk Act 4 could have literally just disregarded the Time Stop if he had more prep time

It's not even a fucking Requiem stand, I love it. The fact that it was an extremely shitty stand at the beginning really makes better than GE in my eyes

Attached: 1554549478130.jpg (367x367, 20K)