Grappler Baki Thread

Attached: 42059ce83898396d6b724f7655c1fa18481c4755_hq.jpg (635x1023, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/subject/grappler baki translations/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-183723__01.jpg (1080x1703, 480K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-183711__01.jpg (1080x1703, 398K)

Let's get the ball rolling, bakibros. Who's hyped (and thankful) for the new season? Who's next to job to Sumo in the manga?

Why must being a jackfag involve so much suffering?

Attached: 1500359692352[1].jpg (491x785, 155K)

Not up to date on Baki-dou (2018) but kinda weird how Sumo is back after being dismissed in the original Grappler Baki. Then again Motobe was a beast during Baki-dou when he was a nobody jiu jitsu guy before

Mr.Stealyovictory

Attached: 3607ec2e6b40839af0adc8772390dc44f7d451be_hq.jpg (209x241, 20K)

When will he put Sukune in his place?

Jack is a roids monster who most famous attack is biting his opponent
Yet he is so fucking cool

Attached: 1525175153174__01.jpg (603x1023, 337K)

#

I can't wait for season 2. have they announced what season its arriving in?

Attached: Screenshot_20190410-042054__01.jpg (1080x355, 65K)

When though?

Attached: Screenshot_20181112-054212__01.jpg (1080x1669, 740K)

retard

Attached: Screenshot_20190215-232817__01.jpg (1080x1467, 422K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190307-053514__01.jpg (982x767, 310K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190306-143800__01.jpg (1080x616, 161K)

Something I miss about earlier Baki is the talk about nutrition and stuff

How many calories and grams of protein does an average baki character have to intake daily for a body that defies physics?

what the fuck actually is this art style?

Remember when Pickle ate a gaint Crocodile ?

I can totally see Baki characters in Toriko

Has Jack won a single fight aside from the Ali one?

Probably the best out there.the art is just been getting better and more exaggerative

Attached: 07af0238960e593a2ab68e3d4d02f51e43f79977_hq.jpg (1024x720, 231K)

I thought they anounced like the actual season 2 as well recently

I read somewhere, I think a crunchyroll article that it is resuming end of April like the 28th I think

The whole thing with 2kune is that he's using "the original" sumo and is going to make sumo great again

t. pleb that can't handle a unique artstyle
go back to your calarts cartoons and moeshit anime

i prefer this one

Attached: 6737601-02.jpg (450x640, 113K)

Why? The writing is so boring and generic and the art is average at best

Sorry man,I think it's kinda crappy

because CR articles are known for being such sticklers concerning accuracy

No, nobody even knows for sure when the second half of this anime is coming out in English on Netflix. Seriously - Netflix itself said that it would be out in March, then reversed their position on the purported day of release to 'lol we dunno'. The Japanese release of the real "season 2" is yet to be determined. All that is known is that it will have, as did the first season, an 'early release' on Netflix. Which, of course, means another season of forgetting to erase the guidelines.

Attached: gaia.png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

He beat the self defense guy with glasses whos name I already forgot

If you were familiar with Baki, you would never forget Shibukawa's name. Two of his fights are some of the most famous in the series' history.

Attached: グラップラー刃牙#38_180.jpg (775x1200, 206K)

You trying to pick a fight with my Aiki master

Attached: tumblr_pm6na8o0oQ1rkd5ih_1280.jpg (1080x1576, 249K)

Read or watch the maximum tournament.
That guy is actually pretty broken.

Oh, I forgot that I finally got around to making a remake of 'those pages' that come right after Retsu dies. I've been using that greentext for like 4 years.

Attached: 08_078.jpg (777x1200, 471K)

Attached: 08_079.jpg (777x1200, 495K)

Attached: 08_080.jpg (777x1200, 503K)

;_;

Attached: 08_081.jpg (777x1200, 524K)

when is the prison arc getting adapted

2021 at the earliest. The second-half BDs for the second season of Baki won't be out until Spring 2020, at their absolute earliest. Don't think I've ever heard of an adaptation being released less than 8 months after the BDs for the previous season came out. So, 2021.

Despite all the brutal fights barely anyone dies. Why suddenly now?

This is one of my favorite characters. Why was he killed!

The rock eats about 4000 calories which is double of what a average person should eat
this guys maybe 7000-8000 calories easy

Itagaki's own word on the matter:

>Interviewer: Now, Retsu Kaiou was a very popular character, but he ended up not returning from facing Musashi's blade. What can you tell us about your intentions there?
>Itagaki: In a Godzilla movie, for example, if Godzilla were to come out of the sea and walk around avoiding people and not destroying buildings for a week before returning to the sea, you'd be mad, wouldn't you? (laughs) In the same way, if Miyamoto Musashi appears, someone has to be cut and die. You can't tell Musashi "Well, we have a Sword Abolishment Edict now; times have changed, you can't go swinging your sword around" (laugh).
>Interviewer: Certainly, we wouldn't think of Musashi so highly if he didn't cut anyone.
>Itagaki: Originally, I was going to have Motobe Izou be cut. I thought that was fitting. But, Motobe made a huge mistake and said something about protecting there. Looking at that, I thought, "Well, what if that wasn't a mistake, and he's serious. What if he really felt a sense of responsibility?", and it got me excited to imagine a Motobe like that. Then, I had to have someone other than Motobe get cut. So, I showed what happened after the America volume and had Retsu Kaiou fill the position. And I fumbled around trying to find a way to end it without him getting cut and also not lowering the reputation of both characters, but I realized that if I did that, readers wouldn't get excited about my work anymore. Even if I were to say then "Someone will definitely die after this!", I wouldn't have any credibility at that point. Doing that would be taking a big risk for the series, so there ended up being no options other than to have Retsu get cut.
>Interviewer: And he was so popular, even the shock to you personally must have been huge.
>Itagaki: I think Retsu Kaiou lives on in the hearts of the readers.

Retsu was a good friend for everyone in this series.

That's so stupid. Not only did he hyped the stakes of a whole tournament yet no one died, it also makes zero sense to choose Retsu who just came back from having his shoulder and foot chewed off to suddenly get killed after all.
Fuck you Itagaki.

>the stakes of a whole tournament
Nowhere did he indicate that the tournament would kill anyone. Just that there were no rules against causing someone's death in the ring. A rule like that simply takes the stress off the fighters, who might be reluctant to use full force if it might mean disqualification.

Attached: 4 scoops cmon.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

The stakes were high because death was perfectly possible but the same can be said when fighting Musashi yet suddenly now Itagaki had the thought someone must die. For fucks sake, no one died fighting against Pickle. That one was fine?

Remember that we're looking at Miyamoto Musashi from a Western perspective, and he's looking at Musashi from a Japanese perspective. Hundreds of thousands of books, pieces of art, pieces of music, video games, military craft, boats, sodas, bottled water brands, car part manufacturers and more all evoke the name "Musashi" just because of how culturally overbearing the man's name is.

If you're American - imagine seeing a movie about Abraham Lincoln in which Lincoln didn't give a speech. Because of American culture, that just wouldn't work or make sense. I imagine that, for the Japanese, the cultural impetus for showing Musashi cut someone down is significantly stronger. It's not like we have "Lincoln" written on everything.

praying the quality isn't as shit as last season

was that SJW shit about muhammed ali in the actual manga or was that Netflix meddling?
it was so out of place

Attached: 1540908344420.png (1280x720, 685K)

Itagaki is a well known leftist retard.
later in the manga the fucking Che Guevara gets it's own arc.

One of the most fucked up fights in the series
I know Shibukawa is no slouch, but something about a fuckhuge roid monster beating up and mutilating an old man half his size messes me up

didn't olivia say he eats a hundred thousand kcal

Fuck off if you can't even bother to try to understand the characters.

Knock it off. Nobody knows Itagaki's political beliefs, much less his affiliations.

I understood where he was coming from I was just skeptical because it's on Netflix. Also you fuck off.

>Fuck off if you can't even bother to try to understand the characters.
so was it in the manga or not?

>Nobody knows Itagaki's political beliefs
>paints the Che as a godlike figure which HATES Capitalism and the US fears him
>the entire Ali fiasco
you are jesting me.

Attached: dbjmn9k-0255a1e0-f0d7-4349-a15c-7410dcd7f215.jpg (622x424, 28K)

it was, and it's as retarded as it looks on the anime.
Son of Ogre is pure raw filler until the Pickle arc.

I've heard you people say that Itagaki is "clearly a ____ist" in reference to every extant political position across the years. It's time to stop.

>Itagaki is "clearly a ____ist" in reference to every extant political position across the years.
i've never seen a single person call him a nazi or an alt-righter.
i've constantly seen people call him a commie and a leftist though.

>I've seen people call him a commie and a leftist
And a radical rightist, and an ultranationalist, and a pacifist and a militarist.
Knock it off.

>and an ultranationalist, and a pacifist and a militarist.
oh yeah that makes sense, the dude is crazy, and i love his style.

Now I want him to bring Hitler back.

What's being referred to here? Is this series' power shtick ki/qi/chi-based like Nen, Haki, Reiatsu, and Chakra are to HxH, One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto respectively? I've been looking for a new aura-focused series to pick up.

no

Yes, in Baki it's called "imagination"

any predictions for next chapter? i assume baki gets overconfident leading to sukune fucking him up..

I think Baki won with that kick and knocked him out. This is going to be about Sukune learning how to fight because he never before realized that he had no actual experience.

Bring it.

Baki inspired me back then to work out and jack to take roids

Attached: 44503831-3E52-42EE-B48F-BD703EFCCF6B.jpg (750x1032, 902K)

What's being referred to here? Is this series' power shtick ki/qi/chi-based like Nen, Haki, Reiatsu, and Chakra are to HxH, One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto respectively? I've been looking for a new aura-focused series to pick up.

Baki should've ended at son of ogre

nah

Jacks backstory isn't really compelling though.

oh, I totally forgot, even though I wanted to mention this for like a week now
one of Itagaki's assistants fucked up the art: both baki and sukune are in the White Tiger corner
Sukune's supposed to be in the Blue Dragon corner

Attached: i-016.jpg (835x1200, 303K)

There is a new season?
how surprising.

Yea it was simply get big eat and ram that fucking needle up your ass. Not all that faggy pseudo intellectual shonen shit

A guy that trascends his base knowledge into crazy shit.
An artist, boi.

the best.

Anything that you fags could recommend?
Asura is meh and it ended and Baki fatso edition is kinda shit.

If you think that's Jack's backstory, you haven't read Baki.

I didn't watch that anime part yet but you should know that Itagaki built up Ali for something to happen, and its great.

ive started reading from the OG manga and its pretty great, at what point does it start getting crazy? i mean dumb shit like

The first tournament, you should watch the anime honestly, the old one has a pretty solid animation and the first pat of Baki is pretty shitty.

It depends on your perspective. Most people, I think, would see Gaia as where shit took off in terms of insane physical ability. The yashazaru is crazy, but it's not too far gone relative to everything after it.

You should know that we haven't scanlated the entire original manga, though. If you want to finish reading it before moving on to the next series, you'll have to either read my drafts (which are in the archives) or watch the second series of the original anime.

Bruh I read everything about Baki also garouden and in the end jack is a simple character he doesn’t have the genetics to back up his ambition so he supplements with a fuck ton of needles nothing wrong with that gotta admit bodybuilding ist simple pure bullshit without roids never wanna go back
I also loved garouden but I have the feeling itagaki is getting way strange with his plots for me the height really was the fight between Olivia and Baki after that it plummeted and musashi was pure garbage

Musashi was shit and Fatboi will suck too, but namefags a disgusting so fuck off.

I'm talking about how intense, autistic and yet emotional Jack is. Any other one of the characters would have given up or changed his plan if he'd spent years doing Jack's regimen without getting any stronger at all. And Jack, like Baki, doesn't want to beat Yuujiro because he wants to be strong; he wants to beat Yuujiro to get revenge for his mother. That's a lot more noble and proud than 'he does drugs to get strong because he doesn't care'.

>to get revenge for his mother.
nice headcanon user.
Baki wants to beat the shit out of yujiro, it just happens that the guy is the strongest man in the world.

you're an idiot; I was talking about Jack

kek

Well then fuck you too
But yes fatboy sucks ass
Yea you managed to express why jack is one of the most interesting charackters in the series his whole backstory is so crazy but at the same time it’s so frustrating that he still falls too short I also love how over the top freaky his built is

literally soul

Attached: Mbk-yujiro-925596542.jpg (466x481, 82K)

it's in line yujiro's might makes right mentality. He respects men who lead there people with strength instead of peace/bureaucracy, later on when yujiro does business with Obama, yujiro normally just get's sick of the then president and basically tells him to fuck off after each meeting but when obama got a bit fed up and said something off script that could have upset him (insulting yujiro=death), yujiro instead laughed and said how obama almost started to speak truthfully for once.

the only power system in baki is "beauty"

Attached: oliva and baki.jpg (1456x1136, 563K)

It’s... a bit too rich for my blood, desu.

So the next season will cover:
>Chinese tournament arc.
>Ali jr. arc.
And if Netflix keeps pumping them out, the season after that should cover:
>Baki in prison arc.
>Pickle arc.
And the season after that should cover:
>Retsu becoming a boxer arc.
>Yujiro vs Baki arc,

In a world of genetic freaks and self-made superman, the guy's the single person of the main cast who was thoroughly fucked in the fighter's lottery

No Hanayama-styled gigantism. No Doppo-esque conditioning from ceaseless effort. Not so much as a single drop of activated Hanma blood. "But there has to be something!", the guy reasons. "I haven't trained enough! Haven't fought enough! Gotta stop slacking! Gotta push through: until my true potential awakens!". Turns out there was nothing. No hidden talents. No vast reserves. The guy was weak and getting weaker by the second due to over-training, but he couldn't let it go even if it killed him

Jack had a Hanma soul stuck in a normie's body and the drugs finally allowed him to realize his true self

chapter was a waste, fuck you
nothing happens and I'm upset about it for once
Sukune gets knocked on his ass, asks for Baki's name, then asks if he'll lend him his chest again - and no chapter next week

Attached: i-167.jpg (835x1200, 398K)

What's the negative of gains? Jack trains to the point that he doesn't gain any and actually loses any benefits.

MUSASHI became one of my favorites,not only cause of his fights having a totally different feel but also he is just fun and weirdly introspective.
Yeah I'm sad about retsu but I don't hate MUSASHI cause of it

Attached: Screenshot_20190410-171104__01__01.jpg (654x1684, 335K)

You Jackfags need to understand Hanayama is the real Chad
Literally the only good person In the series

Attached: Screenshot_20190410-171708__01.jpg (928x1091, 322K)

Why are the translations for this series so fucked? Is there anywhere I can read the maximum tournament?

He's stalking for Baki. Every time he is near to Baki.

one user translated them ages ago,
link to the archives because im a nice guy boards.fireden.net/a/search/subject/grappler baki translations/

Attached: baki_hanma___the_triceratops_fist__2_by_sinraipaleodemon1_dck1msj-fullview.jpg (1024x649, 185K)

I've watched the anime and even read through it in Japanese with the fight summary.
But I just wanna fucking read it normally ffs

again, those are my drafts for the scanlation

It is kind of OOC, I guess Yujiro respected him for fighting the military and deep state "single-handedly" the same way he did.

Yes because the baki's imaginary sparing with insects need to be english.. There is so much shit that can be read without translateion it is amusing, stop being an autist and crying about muh translation. The summary is just fine.

Hanayama Is the closet Baki has to a best friend his own age (aside from kozue)

Attached: Screenshot_20190410-173557__01__01.jpg (977x1592, 647K)