Egao no Daika

>136 Egao no Daika
>It only sold around 136 BDs
>non-existent merchandise
>streaming probably not enough to save it
>series is likely a total flop
Where were you when Yuuki's smile paid the price?

Attached: 1551541889620.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

Nico messed up.

Not every anime can be a winner. It just isn't possible

But it was an original anime so the stakes were even higher.

Holy fuck, 136 people actually spent money on that garbage.

I'm surprised it sold that much honestly.

It just did 10 times worse than Mob Psycho, the best anime ever, so it's fine.

They had only one job, give us a genocidal yandere princess.
They fucked up.

Attached: 20190409_224758.png (1440x418, 222K)

This show was way too predictable aside from that second episode, which they did nothing with
Not good or bad enough to be enjoyable, just thoroughly mediocre

Link?

Having two main characters and only having them meet in the final episode seems like a huge mistake in hindsight.

Egao probably would have been better if it had just been a standard mecha action series. Wouldn't have been particularly inspired or ambitious, but still.

How could the show have done better?

Have Joshua live and have him and Hime on the run, like a sci fi Yona, the yuri wasn’t even possible until the last episode anyway

I agree. The only good twist they were able to pull off was Joshua's death so early on. I guess I expected too much from it after that point and it never delivered.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Egao no Daika - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.57_[2019.01.11_12.16.34].jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Good thing I dropped it relatively early. (I still want my time back.)

>BTFO yurifags in early episodes by showing joshua
>Then BTFO hetfags by killing joshua in eps 2
>Then BTFO edgyfags by never delivering any genocide
>Then BTFO yurifags again by having the two heroines never met until final episode
The show is genius.

things would have been different if joshua was still alive

24 episodes with a satisfactory conclusion for all the cool ideas floating around.

Congratulations, you are now the 21st worst selling anime we know the numbers of, be proud that you atleast didn't sold bad enough to not even rank and maybe payed off 2 or 3 slave animator's wages.
20- elDLIVE -134
21- Egao no Daika - 136
22- Kyoukai no Rinne Season 3 - 137
23- Back Street Girls: Gokudolls - 138

Attached: clap.gif (640x460, 277K)

>seems
Its like the show was trying to prove that it was shit by the end even though thats exactly what it was from the beginning.

the one that makes me feel bad is MM because the author died after the anime aired

Incredibly even Sora to Umi no Aida sold worse than this.

What is the number one worst?

This was the Episode VIII of anime. They did everything they could to make it "subversive" without thinking about making it good.

There are so many flaws it's hard to begin.

Scrap the whole script after Hime learns about the war.
Have competent writers do the rest

Source? Also its production committee has many TV broadcasters and it aired in the evening not late at night so maybe they got some money from ads.

>competent writers
>anime

Kyoukai no Rinne hurts, I really enjoyed that one, it was so comfy.

A reminder you should never plan any company anniversary projects?

Why can't nips realize this mistake?

But I thought you supposed to hate it.

Suddenly I want someone to draw Yuuki holding a copy of the BD begging for people to buy it

Attached: 72561645_p0.jpg (2400x3600, 302K)

Remove Stella and the whole empire POV gimmick that added nothing to the show. Make it about Hime growing up as a Machiavellian statesman seizing the reigns from a corrupt government and beating back the invaders.
Alternatively, keep the gimmick but let them meet at least half way through and start to cooperate working for the better future.
Alternatively, let them meet only in the final episode but make Stella's development actually matter and her actions having some impact, besides killing Yuuki's step mom.

At the end of the day did this anime have a positive impact on anything at all?

Ah the memories.

Attached: 68c0cbd6e0811d237d70f0c03056f6c6.png (360x500, 31K)

Incredible, that's half an Akiba's Trip or 0.15 Fractales

No nukes, no sales.

Shichisei no Subaru

It was on my top 5 anime of the season for 11 weeks, then it went down on the top 20 at the last week of the season, that's quite the feat.

Gokudolls is basically the best anime ever and is still there so I wouldn't feel bad for an anime selling that low.

Is Egao so bad that it's good? Or is it just plain bad? Would this trainwreck be a fun ride, like Mayoiga, Guilty Crown, Danganronpa 3, Valrape?

It's just plain bad

>This show was way too predictable
everyone thought it's going to be about the princess fighting back after episode 2 and no one predicted nano machines
the show would have been better if it went as people predicted

Really dropped the ball after episode 2.

Attached: mpv-shot0002.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

There is no end to her suffering.
She didn't deserve all this shit.

so who lost their job over this mess? some anniversary this turned out to be.

Empire did nothing wrong,

Cute
How is this show?

I dropped this after episode 8 because work. Was the finale really that bad? I'll probably watch it on the weekend anyway, genocide or not.

More like 7 Sales no Subaru

Do you have the whole list?

If you like crying lolis then it's a show for you.

It's not even terrible, just painfully mediocre in every possible way.

I dropped it after Joshua was killed off. Big mistake on their part. Hope they learned a lesson.

>non-existent merchandise
well there's your problem, it needed some

Wait, a minute.
Filipino?

It's possible in a Communist society.

>Two Car
>Akanesasu Shoujo
>Egao no Daika
>all anniversary projects
>all flopped hard
What did Japan mean by this?

Uh... why did you ask that?

>Clone theories
remember when people actually thought this would be a good sci-fi show?

Attached: __stella_shining_and_yuuki_soleil_egao_no_daika_drawn_by_nakamura_naoto__47bde8a14e574c478d9089a1135 (1771x2508, 1.08M)

They should have emphasized her Niconess

Remember when people didn't think those were joke theories?

Killing off Joshua was a big mistake

>Hime loses everyone important to her
>this is somehow a happy ending

Attached: 1552666311310.jpg (1920x2402, 892K)

Based Yuki-sama smiling despite Japan's shit taste.

It's just plain bad. The animation is terrible, but more importantly the plot is excruciatingly generic. Imagine every single anti-war platitude a person could utter (with a dash of climate change), and then roll that all up into a single show. That's Egao no Daika.

the direction they went with was awful
especially how they killed off a character early

Her people were the price of smiles all along.
Or something.

this is why im so mad at this show
they (the writers) pretty much tortured this poor girl for no fucking reason - they killed off her real family , then her "adoptive" family too
they just kept piling on the suffering for her

and yet , those fucking empire scumbags lost 1 literal who and pseudo-dad figure who even then , the empire squad didnt really care about

it really was needlessly cruel