THE VISIONS DANCING IN MY MIND

THE VISIONS DANCING IN MY MIND

Attached: 7E01A78A-9EED-4043-9626-5486640889D0.jpg (531x372, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=brUwfQncCvI
youtube.com/watch?v=3U52sP25ynE
youtube.com/watch?v=G93bj1HARA4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TWILIGHT

Just on the border
of your waking mind,

Attached: daicon ship.jpg (500x375, 103K)

There lies... Another time

Attached: i.chzbgr.gif (400x300, 2.28M)

I sure hope Anno shoved the Daicon III & IV film canisters down his pants when he was in the vault picking up all the Evangelion material because they will be lost to time when Gainax commits insurance fraud and burns the building down.

Where darkness and light are one

Attached: 1541867225402.png (1280x691, 698K)

>Imagine watching daicon on film.

I mean, it's 8mm. Probably no better quality than the Laserdisc. But it would be cool as hell.

>ywn have the skill to make it at the age these guys did

I don't know much about the different type of film, but, this never had the go for home video release because they couldn't get the rights to all the references. It would definitely be an improvement over what we have now.

They sold Laserdiscs direct at the convention, and maybe at some subsequent ones. (in person only, to avoid copyright issues)

These would have been direct transfers from the master, and probably as high quality as we're gonna get. This is a rip of that release:
youtube.com/watch?v=brUwfQncCvI

>with Brightness and Contrast Corrected

And still it looks washed as shit

Attached: 7bf6a8bc092cf2be51adda90554ec1da.png (500x681, 91K)

This looks very digitally compressed, and it's also from the mid 80s. I don't know how the film looked, but this look very clearly to me like digital problems.

Eh, whatever. It's not like most people will ever get a chance to view it on film even if anno did salvage it.

And as you tread the halls of sanity
You feel so glad to be unable to go beyond

I have a message from another time.

I have a message from another time

Attached: HARUKOFLIGHT.gif (240x216, 140K)

YOU SHOULD BE SO HAPPY
YOU SHOULD BE SO GLAD
SO WHY ARE YOU SO LONELY
YOU 21ST CENTURY MAN?

Why, Yea Forums?

They didn't hold on tight to their dreams

>Though you ride on the wheels of tomorrow
>You still wander the fields of your sorrow

They could literally just release it on YouTube and it would fall under fair use. And then it's easily monetized automatically for ELO, so everyone wins.

What it needs is the full 8mm telecine and mastered in 2K. 8mm has some big limitations, but it would be the truest and clearest version ever released.

Is that what you want?

>ywn attend a 1980s anime convention

Late 80s would be better when the OVA market was matured and you had tons of otaku-specific stuff.

>go see Eva 3.0+1.0 in theaters
>announcement that there will be a special short shown before the movie
>it's Daicon IV remastered from the original film

Imagine.

Attached: catwoah.jpg (720x690, 72K)

TWELVE
GUYS
IN
A
FUCKING
BASEMENT

Release this man from greedy anno's hands

Attached: 43490.jpg (225x350, 27K)

I can see trigger doing something like that, Trigger is pretty tech savvy for a studio. Tattun comes on 4 chan, most of the staff has twitter, they stream, use patreon &nico. They have a lot of stuff on their youtube. Khara on the other hand, seem very oblivious about internet stuff. A good example would be the whole deal with the japan animator expo and how their videos were almost exclusively spread through word to mouth and pirating. That would be an alright way to do it, since it won't be for profit that way.... but then again youtube compression isn't kind to these kinds of things. it messes up the video a lot and screws up the colors.

He's having too much fun making amv's to go.
That would be awesome.

Would be the first good thing Trigger has done since the LWA shorts.

>2013
Are you telling me that you didn't see luluco, ninjaslayer, and sex&violence with machspeed?
Are you telling me you didn't watch the final episode of gridman that was fully 2d and balls to the walls action?

None of that is good aside from occasional technical prowess. Trigger is a shell of Gainax.

I remember there used to be a One Piece livestream 9-10 years ago. In between episodes, there would be commercial breaks. And every single time, this video would show up at least once.

If any of you here once joined the OP livestream, I just wanna thank you for the good times.

Trigger is pretty much TTGL+PSG: The Studio

Except nothing they've made is as good as either.

Also I still haven't watched Gridman but if the final episode is really that good then fuck it I'll start tonight. This better be worth it.

Personally I think Luluco>PSG but I agree that TTGL>>KLK. It's hard to beat Gurren Lagann, though. Maybe if KLK had similiar production values it would have turned out better.

Everyone's loss. We lost a beautiful thing when Gainax split into Kharashit and Triggershit.

>was just listening to the fucking song
>open Yea Forums
>see this thread
blessed day

youtube.com/watch?v=3U52sP25ynE

Attached: ++.gif (478x360, 1.36M)

WITH YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH AND YOUR SCARLET LIES YOU CAME DOWN TO ME FROM THE OPEN SKIES

Attached: 1D822FC1-05AD-4585-B998-901D06DDC3DD.jpg (550x440, 50K)

There is nothing I would want more than an anime adaptation of Time, perhaps in a Interstella 5555 kind of style.

SHE IS AN I.B.M

Who would animate it though? Gainax is dead.

TRIGGER

we
youtube.com/watch?v=G93bj1HARA4

I seriously can't stop listening to ELO
Every
single
day

PICKUP YOUR PENNY AND YOUR SUITCASE
YOU'RE NOT A 21ST CENTURY MAN

Welcome to the human race.

The fact that the Daicon IV opening exists really makes me happy deep inside. I wonder if there will ever be anything as close to perfection as this was in the future.

He said "animate"

That whole album is fantastic, such an underrated ELO album. 21st Century Man is more accurate now than it has ever been.

In The Court of Crimson King by Studio 4c or Tago Mago by the same team that made Kaiba.

ITAOTS by prime Gainax headed by Anno.

A full length Quadrophenia animation directed by Naoko Yamada.

Jimmy, the mods and rockers will all be cute anime girls, naturally.