Religeous experience

What anime is a religeous experience for you? You know what I'm talking about. That feeling you get when you're listening to an amazing song, and everything about it is so perfect, that it makes your heart beat out of your chest, and for just a brief moment, all is right with the world. I'm looking for the anime equivilent of that feeling.

Personally, I kind of felt this way in the closing scene of Evangelion 2.22, but that's really the only example I can think of.

What anime gives you this feeling?

Attached: angel-beats-1.jpg (973x1375, 149K)

I think Evangelion in general could be the basis for a religion
Like a sort of anti-Buddhism

someone's gonna unironically say madoka because they have no experience in storytelling or literature beyond high school and it's going to hurt my soul

Madoka Magica

You sound somewhat bright but not that cultured - no offense - you should probably get Yea Forums someday (if you're under 20, not now) and start reading the classics. Looking for this feeling only in anime is going to limit you a lot.
Anyway, Liz and the Blue Bird.

Attached: 1453684537580.jpg (845x466, 76K)

The opening for SEL
The rest of the anime had almost as much impact as that song

>all is right with the world
Not trying to be edgy, but If any, experience with religion should show you how much thing is wrong with the world.

>how much thing is wrong
the absolute state of *******

Fine then. I accept your challenge. What books give you that feeling?

Also, I'll check out liz and the blue bird, thanks.

Childhood's End would be a good start, since telling you to read classics would be rather pompous and unnecessary if you're not a history or philosophy major

I was thinking along the lines of "a feeling of infinity" or transcendence, or oneness, which your framing of this topic in religious terms along with "all is right with the world" made me think of.
Check out The Temple of the Golden Pavilion by Yukio Mishima, and/or One Thousand Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
Neither of those is a stuffy tome for scholars like proposes.

Angel Beats is an anime which is cathartic if you don't think about it and mostly listen to the OP. But if you start thinking about the plot, it quickly gets bleak in a bad way.

Sora no Woto.

Planetarian.

looks good, but looks too dangerous for my fragile heart

I'd say that if you want a catharsis, then it's one of the best anime ever made. VN is even better. As a bonus, you will feel quite different when visiting the planetarium after it.

Seconding Liz. This user knows what’s up.

I was at the Hayden Planetarium just the other day didn't see black science man unfortunately, I do wanna watch it given I'm an astronomy enthusiast, but I know i'll crush my soul if I do, I can tell from the basic description

Non-explicitly it gives a very Christian vibe (in a good way).

Texhnolyze, especially episodes 19-20.

Japanese lit thread?
>reading Mishimeme
If you're going to read meme authors you might as well go with a Memaruki Murakami like Kafka on the Shore; at least it's more modern. But if you're interested in a truly Japanese, Zen kind of experience, I'd recommend Kawakami Hiromi's novel, which are transcendentally Japanese in a modern and relevant way.

Yea Forums will always be better than the other boards at whatever they do