Fruits Basket

Holy fuck, I love this shit

Attached: 99827l.jpg (440x600, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4qLrYyCdirw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Was episode 1 really that good? Looks like a normal series to me.

As somebody with no experience with this franchise, I think it had a lot more depth than the average first episode, while still being entertaining and not overly expository

Faggot

You are gay.

For some reason all the newfags watching fruits basket 2019 and having opinions on it irritates the hell out of me

Don't be a cunt, user

Yeah I liked it quite a bit. I will definitely keep watching it to see where the series goes from here.
Or I'll just read the manga idk

You might actually be a woman

Don't be a shipfag, haremfag or something else. There are canon pairings.

Here, saved time for some of you.

Attached: furuba canon couples.png (534x2325, 981K)

1 > 8 > 2 > 10 > 7 > the rest.

Attached: 6063917_p0.jpg (516x700, 126K)

I've never been big into shoujo, so I probably wouldn't have watched it back in the day anyway. The only reason I picked it up is because its an iconic series. I could just read the manga and pretend to be an oldfag but I'd rather just enjoy the ride. Also I'm not OP

1>2>3=8>the rest
I really like Ayame and Hatori though but their waifus are irrelevant.

I forgot this show would drag out the newfags.

Momiji not ending up with Kisa is still my biggest disappointment.

Now post their children.

What I liked the most was the fact that Yui Horie isn't Tohru's VA. I fucking hate her voice and always annoyed me in original ver.

About animation and other details: it's a nice remake. Refreshing.

Agreed. Horie's Mary Sue voice ruined her character in old ver.
New season Tooru is better.

I could have sworn denpa girl was shacking up with kyou's sensei dad

I like that Yuki is actually voiced by a guy this time.

Holy crap that is accurate.

It's literally not for new fags though. its for OG fans who want a faithful full adaptation

This.

>machi above anyone.
Her inclusion single-handedly ruined yuki's character arc

That little faggot she did get with is the worst. Even the monkey was better than him.

Have you guys heard the english dub? Laura Bailey and Yuki's VA are a little huskier from age but Shigure and Kyou are fucking spot on. Still got nostalgia chills from hearing Yuki say Miss Honda tho

You forgot ritsu and shigure's former editor.

I did and I still love it.

>Hattori not in top tier
Mayu is a fucking footnote sure but Hattori is so fucking best boy it hurts. Its okay though, you'll all learn soon enough

Hattori is freaking great and deserves happiness. But as you said footnote.

Not confirmed in Another

Mabudachi trio spin-off when

Attached: mabudachi.png (500x408, 247K)

Kyo and Tohru had 3 kids, first one is Hajime on left.
Yuki and Machi had one kid, Mutsuki on right.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-25-00-55-46-1.png (1080x1541, 1.59M)

That'd be cool.

Next three special chapters on Hana to Yume, don't forget to buy the magazine when it comes out.

dub or sub

Hatori and Mayu have a daughter close to her 20's. Her name is Kinu.
Shigure and Akito had one son who's around 11-12 now. His name is Shiki.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-25-00-55-14-1.png (1080x1558, 1.24M)

Momiji's daughter is the cutest.

Attached: mina sohma.jpg (729x1020, 359K)

Are you implying you have to watch the poorly done version from the early 2000s to appreciate this new adaptation? Sounds a little rediculous to me.

Always sub retard.

Or maybe its such a good story they found it worth sharing with another generation of fans

It's literally and unironically better this way. This is Fruits Basket: Brotherhood, a chance for the author to go back and fix everything she hated about the original anime's changes.

She's said herself that "this production doesn't have selfish people that will just do what they want" with the franchise, comparing it to the original anime. It's gonna be a lot closer to the manga, probably identical.

Retconned in the sequel.

Together with Kinu and Mina there's Ayame and Mine's 2 kids. The black haired girl (forgot her name) and the shota is called Chizuru.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-25-00-43-15-1.png (1080x1550, 1.21M)

And we'll actually get an ending.

Both are pretty dang good.

And here Saki/gaijin son on top right. His name is Rio and he's pretty cute and acts kinda like his mom.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-25-00-46-13-1.png (1080x1548, 1.1M)

Show me the chapter where it flat out says they were never in a relationship. Just because they didn't end up with each other doesn't mean it didn't happen

All this fruits basket another stuff just screams hack to me. Which is weird because I was relatively sure her series after fruits basket, the one about astrology nerds, was pretty well received

Haru and Rin kid's on top pannel. They're named Riku and Sora because Takaya played too much Kingdom Hearts.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-25-00-17-42-1.png (1080x1548, 1020K)

Dub has most of the OG cast though which was actually really good, not just for the time but in general.

She probably made it for fanservice shekels, pretty common.

don't waste your time on people like that.

It seems pretty good, sadly my "friends" don't like shoujo, and this is the first one I see so...

Are they different actors than Funimation's group of 20 or so recycled shitheads? I'm tired of hearing those fucking people.

Just watch with Yea Forums then, and survive the spoilers

When do the chapters air?

It already aired

>dubfags
God damn at least know your place here

Attached: IMG_20190405_134921.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Excuse my stupidity, I meant to say when does the next chapter is supposed to air.

Fridays. Season 1 is 2 cour and then there should be a break before Season 2.

is this a super gay shoujo or a can-even-be-watched-by-guys shoujo

Are these questions for real?

Attached: 1537301940842.png (482x513, 323K)

Fruits Baskets is extremely heterosexual. Literally everyone gets an opposite gendered partner even literal whos.

There is not a single gay person in the Series.
Even the supposed trap has a love interest toward the girl.

Monkey is the trap right?

Yeah, don't they know that they can't like what you don't like?

sometimes dubs > subs
see ouran

Reminder to that one guy that always spergs out about Yuki not winning is that Kyo was foreshadowed as the main love interest in chapter 15

Last thread there was someone sperging on Shigure x Akito.

Well I understand that. Thats a shitshow of a relationship.

Reminder that this is the best ship.

Attached: e63344c2a151818f7c4c210c57f354e0.jpg (482x547, 86K)

But over and over and over?

That's one of the worst along with Kureno and Uo.

Haru is a complete Alpha

Attached: fruits-basket-Haru-Rin.png (1142x911, 966K)

Shigure and Akito were 2deep4u.

Two insane idiots who always loved each other but curse sperg, jealously and NTR and then they started the bet that is the foundation of this series.
Shigure was always a funny prick but he changed with Tohru's arrival, even if took way too long. Akito definitely needed Tohru as well. Boom, the autism is over and they're capable of normal conversations and affection.

Sorry shipperfag user, I like it.

Attached: 9.jpg (728x1166, 73K)

Please be gentler with Rin

Attached: 1539709717220.jpg (1242x1223, 197K)

Mitchan doesn't care if Ritsu is a boy or a girl.

Yuki the third wheel

The original Fruits Basket was the most painful idiotic shit I've ever pushed into my brain. The author clearly had no idea whatsoever how boys work. She didn't even have the halfway decent intellect to read something like Calving and Hobbes as the minimal research on how young boys think. Nope, she simply turned her boys into maniacal lunatics who do not behave in any way how boys behave.

Also newsflash. If you told your prepubescent boy that he could turn into a literal monster just by removing his bracelet ... well, he would have the most fucking fun in the universe.

fags like fag things, thanks OP for perpetuating the stereotype

>Also newsflash. If you told your prepubescent boy that he could turn into a literal monster just by removing his bracelet ... well, he would have the most fucking fun in the universe
I'm sure a little boy would love to be a deformed, disgusting, actual shit stinking monster who scares everyone he loves. That would be fun.

Attached: IMG_20181012_005422.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

Jojofags like jojo because of the buff gay guys, jojofags are fags then.

Yup

Attached: 19911006.gif (600x412, 96K)

Correct, although I seem to be missing your point

Now I'm curious, what the heck was he supposed to do? Do you think the smelly monster thing is for fun?

I'm not ready to experience the Hatori x Kana backstory for the third time. It hurts too much.

Attached: 1553920854471.jpg (1077x1053, 90K)

>. If you told your prepubescent boy that he could turn into a literal monster just by removing his bracelet ... well, he would have the most fucking fun in the universe.
>Also tell him that he ruined your life because of this
>also verbally, emotionally and probably physically abuse him and his mother to the point his mother kills herself because of it
>he's also told that his sole existence in life is to be a pitiable monster that makes others feel less shitty about themselves

seems likely

Attached: fruits-basket-460048.jpg (800x1278, 100K)

Did she actually say that? Because that's harsh.

That sounds like hella fun

Attached: IMG_20181231_182419.jpg (809x525, 50K)

Goddamn, this author really had a thing for the 'pair the spares' trope, huh?

Which ones are you referring in particular?

Cats aren't ugly

other than Ritsu there's not a single case of that. Pairing the spares would be if she had Momiji and Kagura be together

I never really watch stuff that looks like it's blatantly made for women and gays, (like JoJo for example), however this season is so terrible that I actually gave the first episode of Fruits Basket a watch and to be fair it was a good first episode.

>Ayame with the maid
bitch WHAT

Absolutely this. I felt like she was shoehorned in just so he could end up with a love.

>I felt like she was shoehorned in just so he could end up with a love.
Yuki breaking the chalk for her sake is peak romance though. One of the best series in the manga.

Attached: 1554321909501.jpg (522x464, 34K)

>their names are actually Riku and Sora

Attached: xe huh.jpg (472x234, 15K)

She showed up together with Kakeru so they'd become a secondary cast for Yuki. And it was not even that late in the series.

They were definitely fucking since she was introduced. She knew about the curse the entire time

Attached: fruits-basket-1.png (503x726, 365K)

They were always dating

user, I fully admit I only watched the first series ages ago and then read spoilers for the manga, but I cannot imagine every single one of these pairings had enough time and development put into them to justify them being anything more than the author feeling that everyone had to be hooked up at the end in order for it to be 'happy.' I get Kyo/Tohru and Shigure/Akito from what I recall, but other than that...?

>2deepforu
>falling in love at first sight just because of a "dream"
>Deep

Your ship is literal Amourshipping/Ichihime/SakuSasu cancer-tier!

Attached: fruits-basket-457090.jpg (800x1240, 113K)

So does she fall in love with one of the animals?
Does this promote zoophilia?
The supernatural theme turns me off.

user Rin was established as Haru's love interest before she was even properly introduced as a character. Kisa and Hiro were obvious. Mayu had been vaguely implied as a love interest for Hatori since the lake house chapters. Machi was introduced to be a love interest about a quarter into the series. Kureno was introduced through Arisa as her love interest. And maid and Ayame were a couple the whole time.

I made that image in order of relevance (except Haru and Rin which I should've put higher). Yuki's waifu is a nice character and their relationship is developed.
In the cases of Saki and Momiji, its mentioned in the sequel and only there so they could have cute kids.
Hatori's waifu is irrelevant, she has a character but Hatori's screentime with her is minimal.
Ayame's waifu was always his waifu, Ayame is the Sohma that got it the easiest because he fucked off early from the Sohma house.
Kisa and Hiro are obvious and they have plenty scenes together.

the most romantic thing she does with one of them as an animal is hug them through a sheet of fabric

Attached: fruits-basket-Kyo-Tohru.png (343x544, 109K)

>Asking normie questions.

Answers:
Yes.
No.
That's not our problem.

Attached: 1550332885845.jpg (546x700, 52K)

Damn, I either was oblivious or just can't remember it from 15 years ago. Thanks for clearing that up.

>Armorshipping
What is that?

>/Ichihime/SakuSasu cancer-tier!
Don't ever try to put IH on SS level. UH deserves that position, IRcuck.

Mayu and Hatori's story is so touching. They really click.

>son

Are we absolutely sure that's a boy? In this photo Shiki is wearing lip-gloss.

Attached: Shiki.jpg (1280x923, 495K)

He's a girly boy, but it's a boy. He's always using male outfits.

it's a boy. He also gets the girl oddly enough. Despite the fact she's 3 years older

Their kid doesn't look like shigure at all.

@186911680(You)

Don't forget your meds, user.

Attached: akito a slut.jpg (728x1068, 124K)

Thanks for the reasonable explanations, anons. At least it sounds like there was some thought given to the pairings, especially for how damn many there were by the end.

Ash and Serena, aka the actual worst ship in the whole of the Pokemon franchise and that's saying something!

and like Shigure she also proceeds to fall for Ash for a flimsy-ass reason with absolutely no substanstial foundation, unlike the superior Misty who becomes enemies to lovers with Ash.

Attached: photo.jpg (512x289, 43K)

Can you not bitch about the pairings you dislike from other series in this thread?

Mayu had a hard time. It's weird to think that she remembered their relationship even though Kana forgot

Attached: Fruits_Basket_c56.png (656x962, 473K)

>Waiting your beautiful kid to look like his loser of a dad

Attached: IMG_20190407_025304.png (853x480, 443K)

Still like him and Kana better.

Poor Kana though, but Mayu was the kind of woman that could support Hatori the most.

welcome to 17 years ago

Did Akito cuck him again?

Attached: Akito pixiv.jpg (436x1200, 187K)

Kyo and Akito had the worst lives pre-Tohru. then it's probably Rin then Yuki

Attached: Fruits_Basket_c119_p27.png (693x951, 357K)

>but Mayu was the kind of woman that could support Hatori the most.
What did she do that Kana didn't? Her and Hatori don't even have that many scenes in the manga.

Don't talk about my husband like that.
Reading the manga back in middle school, he always seemed so old but now that I checked, he's the same age as me.

You're getting old user

Attached: D3doYJOU4AEzlUn.png (829x464, 240K)

Maybe they just dress that way cause Ren is pulling another Akito on her grandkid, she is still around causing havoc.

>Gets the girl.

It being /u/ would make it even better.

Attached: tumblr_pj4zkqSZXd1u9wvgw_1280.jpg (750x918, 175K)

>Akito

No, Rin did. Both her parents hated her, at least Akito had one parent who was decent towards her.

Mayu in general has a stronger mind, if she were put in the same situation as Kana I bet she'd never abandon Hatori.
Kana was a good girl though, but thriving against the Sohma that time was too difficult.

for a series about people turning into animals when hugged there's some real in depth characters In it

Attached: Fruits_Basket_c120_p14.png (686x961, 456K)

Rin got out of it at a certain point and at least had Haru. Akito's father died and she was then stuck with the full force of her mothers hatred and her only supporters were people who horribly enabled her

Loli akito a cute

Attached: doggy's waifu.png (500x500, 165K)

You're right. It happens to us all, if we're lucky. The reboot is proving to me that I've had the same taste in characters all these years, which is a little strange.
The new art style really makes the cast look so charming. I'm so excited to see how it translates to the rest of the Soumas.

Attached: plate.jpg (326x326, 39K)

Okay, doesn't change the fact that Shigure/Akito is as shit a ship as them.

Ships based on the bullshit "love at first sight" trope with absolutely no development whatsoever will forever be the worst.

>at least Akito had one parent who was decent towards her.
Which died when she was 2-3

>"love at first sight"
Wasn't Naruhina also "love at first sight" from her side? Why only shit on Sasusaku? Orihime didn't love Ichigo from the beginning though, it started off as a crush.

Pedo dog, pls leave

Attached: 37954.jpg (225x350, 43K)

>posts pedo bird instead

>Naruhina

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me! The other side of the coin of Kishimoto's shit taste.

Love takes work and grows over time. Love at first sight may be a shit trope but it can become something more than superficial attraction as it goes on. Just because a relationship starts a certain way doesn't mean it retains that flimsy foundation.
For a great example, check out Welcome to Nightvale.

Not confirmed to have ended up with Arisa in Another, so still valid.

There's a ten year difference between the Mabudachi trio and the main three. and there's about a 2-3 year difference between Yuki and Akito judging from the flashbacks. Meaning that there's about an 8 year difference between Akito and Shigure and probably a six year difference between Kureno and Akito

Except he literally confirms its still based on that even near the end of the series.

Attached: Shigure 2.jpg (728x1176, 86K)

>8 year difference between Shigure and Akito
>When Akito's age is never definitively given and all we know is that she's "in her 20's" and Shigure is 26

You're just pulling those numbers out of your ass aren't you? Its probably more like 3-4 years, not 8.

Am I misremembering or was Tohru unfairly hated in the early 2000's years if Western anime fandom?

They're both pedo cucks

Attached: Shigure-and-Kureno-fruits-basket-34647864-402-534.jpg (402x534, 35K)

Takaya understands that /ss/ and old man/lolis are the purest form of love!

Every loli for every old man and every cute boy for every old hag.

user when they're talking about Ren hiding Akito's gender they are all obviously older than 4

>Shigure
>pedo

He only mentions hs girls in the old 2001 anime which Takaya hated cause it messed up his characterization.

Fuck I forgot how bad the suffering was

Akito is already born by then, she's like 2 in that scene and they're probably like 6.

She's well known for hating the original adaptation and almost every liberty the director took, from the voice acting to character coloring, and story changes. She very loudly said she hated all of it.

Absolutely based

You will keep getting older. He will be young and perfect forever,

Fuck off Rukicucks, go seeth on some other ship!

user they're very clearly older than that. Also Yuki and Akito obviously do not have much of an age gap

Fuck guys, this actually makes me kinda nostalgic. Fruits basket was the first non-toonami anime I watched back in like fucking middle school because a girl I liked said she loved it. Sitting here now all these years later watching this adaptation just brings out a nice sense of nostalgia and also makes me realize how goddamn long I've wasted my life watching these fucking chinese cartoons

Attached: grand blue normies.jpg (445x632, 119K)

...This is gonna be like the UsagiMamoru age gap wank all over again isn't it?

Where its super obvious that the gap is smaller than it actually is but the information is kind of vague so everyone will take the chance to exaggerate it.

Attached: a11dd00d270c507f3c997b12548853e7.png (540x406, 353K)

Pedo bird was such a pathetic cuck that he slept with a teenager simply because she was desperate and he knew his dick wasn't the one she wished.

>UsagiMamoru

Do you think Shigure fucked her when she was middle school aged?

Attached: Akito cute.jpg (290x600, 45K)

it isn't obvious though. Ritsu is 21-22(going of the fact he's 3 years older than Kagura) Which would make him 5 years younger than Shigure. Which would put him around 3-4 when Akito was born which would make sense he wouldn't remember it.

Is Akito trans?

>Ritsu is 3 years older than Kagura

and where did you hear this? I don't remember the manga ever mentioning how old he is in relation to Kagura?

Pulling more "facts" out of your ass?

>The absolute shitstorm Akito is gonna endure from this generation's fujoshit once her gender is revealed.

In order to make sure they look progressive, Tumblrinas will just justify their rage at her because "she's a transphobic character."

From Shigure's side I can give you, but then he saw Akito growing up in the context of extreme abuse and thus he would always comfort her, cheer her up and calm her down (mentioned by Yuki in book 15), Akito fell in love with him too. Too bad shit happens and they're both autistic pricks.
In the end, after Tohru shenanigans things got back to normal.

Here's my last reply to trigger you up user, see ya. Don't forget your meds!

Attached: 31.jpg (728x1073, 111K)

Kagura is out of Highschool by the start of the series. Also i'm pretty sure it was in the character column about Kagura how she's particularly close with Hiro and Ritsu

holy fuck the easiest way to solve this is that Ritsu is officially 22 meaning that Akito can be no older than 20. So there's at least a six year gap between her and Shigure

>Comfort her, cheer her up and calm her down.

Not that user but I always got the impression that outside of that 1 flower scene he was always negging her and that's why she even went to Kureno in the first place?

He seems like the type to bully the one he likes rather than just trying to win them over with affection.

Attached: fruits-basket-460813.jpg (800x1174, 97K)

Right, she's close with Hiro and Ritsu but it was never mentioned how many years she's separated by from Ritsu.

>Ritsu is officially 22

And where did you that from? Source?

Fujoshi don't care about gender-issues, they just want to see men fuck. In fact, most social justice folks hate fujos.

Since he was so much older than her, do you think Akira allowed him to be around his daughter when he was still alive or did he suspect something was up?

Attached: Akito_and_father.png (240x254, 30K)

There's about an obvious 3-4 year age difference between Yuki and Akito. Putting Akito somewhere around 18-20. This really is not that deep

Attached: Fruits_Basket_Yuki_Akito.png (513x562, 115K)

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 18.jpg (710x1100, 116K)

>18-20

So she's completely legal for Shigure and this isn't pedophilia at all like dumbass Muricans wanna claim.

Yuki-Kyo-Tohru
>started with 15
>ended with 17

Shigure-Ayame-Hatori
>started with 26
>ended the series with 28
Kureno is around 1-2 years younger than the mabudachi.

Ritsu is around 21-22 when the series started
Kagura was out of HS so she was around 18-19.
Akito is probably closer to Kagura in age at the beginning, probably 19. When yh4 series ends both of them must have 21-22 max.

Is my memory working? Don't know

Yes and no because they very obviously fucked when she was still under 18. But honestly who gives a shit

>Ritsu is 21-22

We never get Ritsu's age, all we know about him is that he's younger than the Mabudachi Trio + Kureno but older than Akito. He could easily be like 23-24 and Akito 22-23.

Again, Shigure/Akito is probably only a 4 year gap at the max.

>Shigure fucked a loli

wtf I ship Shigure/Akito now!

>obviously fucked when she was still under 18.

Again, just pulling more facts out of your ass. We don't know this. The only time we know that they for sure slept together is in the series proper when Akito is already in her 20's.

Its actually more likely that they didn't since Akito was probably too busy fucking Kureno then.

I wish he could've lived and protected his daughterfu from the big, bad dog.

>mfw Akira calling the police on Shigure and getting him arrested after hitting on his teenage daughter.

I would've loved to see that.

Attached: Akira_sohma-fruits_basket.jpg (221x247, 10K)

Akito is very clearly not 6 years older than Yuki

Book 11 in the beach house Akito mentions how kind he used to be, and wishes he'd be kinder just like before.
In the fanbook Takaya comments how she'd only ask Shigure about romantic feelings, and constantly. Like a little nagging girl, that time in book 17 is when he confesses back.
Kureno and Hatori were the typical onii-sans that were with her, even Haru seemed to have a decent relationship with Akito at some point. Shigure however was completely devoted to Akito in his childhood and adolescence, then shit happened. Everything started with Kureno breaking the curse, including her psychotic breakdowns.

He began being a sarcastic prick with her after the "NTR" because he's that dumb.

Until we get definite canon confirmation from the author herself, we can't say for sure.

Takaya just might be really shit at conveying age through drawing, lots of mangaka are like that.

I mean Kisa is supposed to be in Middle School but she looks like a fucking 3rd grader!

Attached: Kisa003.jpg (331x627, 36K)

Kisa looks like a bug-eyed alien

>that time in book 17 is when he confesses back.

That seems to be the only time he was really nice to her in the past and might be the time Akito was thinking of when she said he used to be "kind."

Especially since you just admitted she used to ask him over and over again, probably because he was constantly teasing and bullying her.

He was devoted to her in his heart sure, but I doubt he ever showed it other than a scant few moments like that flower scene, hence Akito's insecurity.

Kisa should've ended up with haru not that sheep.

Attached: otp.jpg (480x800, 59K)

I wonder where Tohru's mom got isekai'd to

Yamero.

Rin and Haru are the second best couple in the series. However it is weird how close these two were and how much he held her in his lap and shit considering they have basically the same age difference that Haru has with Rin

I know you're some lolicon trying to project but they never fucked before book 17.

Just cling to Katsuya/Kyoko or something.

>Such an older guy constantly around his little girl.

How do you think he felt about it when he was still alive?

Attached: 4758-687398284.png (182x350, 17K)

AAAAAAAAA I LOVE AKITO

Attached: AkitoSohma.jpg (545x800, 98K)

Worst girl.

Also fuck off waifufags!

Shigure fucked his wife too what a cuck

Probably thought nothing of it considering she was born to be loved by 9 different guys

Shigure is an almost sociopath with no attachment to anything or no desire for anything, not even to his own parents. The feeling he felt for Akito when she was conceived is the first thing he actually desired because it make him feel something. This makes him become obsessed with her and since he doesn't really give a shit about people he decided to endanger and sacrifice a lot of people to get her. So is not like it comes from nothing.

Worst girl is kagura.

It's funny how Ayame, Ritsu, and Kyo don't give a shit about Akito

He was probably playful around her, but he was with her other times as well.
Rin went to Shigure asking about the curse because she always noticed how close they were and thought that Shigure were Akito's favorite too.
Haru even playfully says once "Sensei, aren't you going to court Akito?" (I think it's about book 15 as well)

Attached: 12.jpg (728x1148, 94K)

>Blind a man and Mindbreak his girlfriend
>Beat the everliving shit out of an eleven year old
>Push a girl out a window
>Emotionally abuse multiple children
>Stab a guy
>Get away with all of it

Based Akito

Which Isekai has a girl named Kyoko?

>Shigure is an almost sociopath with no attachment to anything or no desire for anything, not even to his own parents. The feeling he felt for Akito when she was conceived is the first thing he actually desired because it make him feel something.

>He becomes obsessed with her.

and with how smart he is he didn't think for a second to stop and question where this feeling was coming from and realize that its probably just from the curse and thus its fake?

That's another reason why this ship sucks, not only is the foundation weak but it makes Shigure completely OOC considering how he's portrayed as the most cunning and intelligent throughout the entire manga.

I can't believe a man like him who knows so much about the curse and knows its fake would just automatically go along with that feeling he felt and say its "love" no questions asked. It feels incredibly forced and is as big of a heel-face turn as Squall's attitude towards Rinoa half-way through FFVIII.

Considering that Shigure was probably way more touchy with Akito than any of the others surely he would've suspected something was up right?

Do you think he would've approved of their union if he had lived?

Did she choose the CVs for the 2019 version?

All while being absolutely adorable while doing so!

I want to worship Akito.

Attached: 1819162_p0_master1200.jpg (480x480, 215K)

Kys shigure

Oh boy it's that obnoxious faggot who keeps mentioning other ships in FB out of nowhere.

>m-muh husbando master villain dark Shigure is the real one not the one the author wrote.
Get fucked, that's the last (You) you'll get from md.

Attached: 7.jpg (694x1100, 125K)

>husbando

Actually I'm a ShigureMayu fag, he should've gotten with her. That pairing felt so much more natural.

Attached: tumblr_ogulivdRT71t0voaco1_400.png (400x242, 162K)

Shigure loves Hatori and Ayame too, he's not a complete sociopath. He even develops some affection towards Tohru, Yuki, Kyo and other juunishi.

Why did he date her if he was in love with Akito?

Attached: Shigure Mayu.png (318x263, 73K)

My wife Akito is just too cute!

Attached: Akito.png (180x261, 26K)

To pass some time. These were his words

Why not with Akito then?

Literally they were both lonely and horny

Kureno did nothing wrong

Did they fuck?

Attached: Mayuko-sensei.png (800x672, 261K)

Neither did Shigure.

Attached: evil.png (500x354, 184K)

He was thrown out of the Sohma house, and he still visits her often
her often.

Attached: 25.jpg (710x1100, 147K)

He betrayed shigure by sleeping with his waifu. Fuck kureno.

Attached: 960144_1356243695477_491_283.jpg (491x283, 53K)

Both of them are much too old for my daughter, cease and desist!

Attached: akira-sohma-47343.jpg (130x185, 17K)

Wait. Was Mayu aware of the curse?

Honestly it's disappointing compared to the original Fruits Basket. The animation is great but most of the dramatic moments were off. And the new manly Yuki voice is weird.

No, but clearly Shigure would be able to get around that seeing as how he fucked Ren.

As long as he keeps it Doggy Style.

Mayuko tried but he was not interested

>Hana-chan x Random Gaijin
I am that random gaijin.

No because he genuinely loves Akito. He watched her for her entire life. He loved her for her entire life. His feelings for her became genuine. Curse or no curse he doesn't care and this is why when he lost his curse he didn't grieve like the rest of them because he knew that his feelings will remain the same. This is not much different than being initially attracted to someone because they are hot like most people do. It's a hook, but is what is after that matters

Your son is very cute

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-25-00-35-16~2-1.png (1017x1525, 935K)

I liked the little details showing some care in the animation, like Motoko making an appearance right away. I kinda felt like they were saying "We're going all the way with this one, and we know what we're doing".

>Not interested

Why, when he fucked Ren?

Attached: fb-56-7.png (486x469, 342K)

That's literally the most pathetic ship in the Manga. He didn't even let her touch him, and all he just treated her like shit. The only reason he dated her was because he wanted her to realize that the one for her was Hatori by being awful to her. That way Akito wouldn't be only woman in Hatori's life. He treats everyone that gets in the way of his relationship with Akito like shit like he did with Kureno and Rin

Revenge
Did you read the series?

>It was just a hook and wasn't important after

Then why does he mention it in the context of falling for someone even all the way up to volume 19, so far into the series?

Attached: 27.jpg (728x1176, 117K)

ok but the Yuki shuffle after rejecting a hug was still better in the old anime

>That's literally the most pathetic ship in the manga.

As opposed to the ship that started just on the basis of "muh dream?"

I know. I'm asking why he didn't fuck Mayu too as a 2 for 1 revenge deal?

Because falling for someone with a personality like Tohru would be much easier than falling for someone like Akito

Goddamn. I remember why I hated the art so much in the late manga now.

[Replied to wrong user so reposting]

>That's literally the most pathetic ship in the series

As opposed to the ship that started just on the basis of "muh dream?"

Because if the person in the dream were Tohru, it'd be a lot easier to deal with, second is that Tohru is not mentally insane or violent. She wouldn't hurt others and isolate herself

Why mention "dream" though? Why even bring up that specific word? Why not just simply say "I should've fallen for someone like you."

That's just your headcanon user. Shigure and Hatori are bros.

Attached: D3gA13NWwAAu8DT.jpg (966x1009, 203K)

Yeah, a dream, like I said is really no different than being initially attracted to someone because they are hot because that's human nature. Also Akito looks like Ren's clone. He could imagine fucking a feminine Akito and he wanted to hurt Akito. He never did anything with Mayu, he dislikes her and wouldn't want to ruin his relationship with Hatori, and Mayu wouldn't want to feel more hollow by having sex with someone that literally tells her she is stupid and a another chest piece in his plan

Yeah but it also proves he can't even try to fall for someone without that dream. His entire relationship with Akito truly is just based on that.

Its literal autism.

Attached: 3.jpg (710x1100, 101K)

>not so different than being initially attracted based on looks.

Nope, its not normal like that. See here If it weren't about the dream he would've said "I should've fallen someone like you" to Tohru and just kept it at that.

If the dream wasn't the sole factor, he'd be able to easily say "fuck you Akito!" walk away, and then try to fall for someone else through another "normal" way.

I certainly would've if my girl cucked me.

No, Mayu is his age and thus too old for him.

He's into young, nubile lolis.

Attached: 73129561_p0_master1200.jpg (1181x945, 417K)

Is not normal because Shigure is not normal. He cannot be normal because the mangaka needs him to cruel and incredibly selfish. To clarify Shigure wasn't in love with Akito after the dream, he just loved her. He was fine with his role as a loving fun daddy to a young Akito. He fell in love with her probably when she hit puberty then he change his game. He loves Akito so much it frustrates him because she is difficult to love, he just contemplates falling in love with someone like Tohru because it would make his life much easier.

based user.
>There are people who think Shigure doesn't love Hatori and Ayame

Attached: 1526154629356.jpg (481x550, 52K)

You're the projecting, lolifag.

Here's the actual family in the BG, and their son mentioning he likes the aquarium and the memories of his mom and dad taking him there show up.
Stop your degenerate bullshit.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-25-00-44-45-1.png (1080x1535, 1.56M)

>youtube.com/watch?v=4qLrYyCdirw

Cute ED

Attached: D3da5fyWwAAbnkk.jpg (1200x896, 99K)

Tldr Kyo/Tohru best canon couple along with Haru/Rin. Shigure/Akito is cool too especially because Another proves they are trying to improve together.

Sorry anti-chan. Not this time.

Didn't mean to quote.

Take this cute Yuki fanart

Attached: IMG_20190409_185328.jpg (1000x645, 86K)

For those who are interested, during King Record live 2015, Yukari Tamura, Yui Horie, Mikako Komatsu, and Eri Kitamura sang For Fruit Baskets together.
It's not in youtube, so if you want to check it out, you can search the following in google for a facebook link.
Hocchan,Komatsu Mikako,Tamura Yukari and Eri Kitamura performs "For Fruits Basket"

This gonna be awesome. Great character qts waifus and entertaining show

Damn thats something I'd love to see

>To clarify Shigure wasn't in love with Akito after the dream, he just loved her. He was fine with his role as a loving fun daddy to a young Akito.
>He fell in love with her probably when she hit puberty then he change his game.

What made him change his feelings to romantic love?

>Cause they improve together

Still doesn't change the fact that their foundation will always and forever be shit.

>Ends up marrying the loli

Thanks for proving my point.

Attached: Shigure Akito.jpg (441x398, 38K)

I think their foundation is amazing, and it's the foundation of the show itself.
Interesting characters, not sappy HS shit (I love that too though), actually relevant to the plot etc.

Pic unrelated but Komaki a cutie

Attached: IMG_20190406_121812.jpg (461x425, 42K)

>Not sappy
>Implying "love at first dream" when you're a little kid isn't the sappiest, most unrealistic, cringe-inducing foundation to a romance.

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

>The show where people have eletric wave powers
>sudden memory loss
>Hug to become cute animals
You really like this "dream", even more than Shigure himself.
The dream gave him a sensation that he never felt before, while the others thought it was a nightmare. Once Akito was born and watching the context of her abuse, he was always there for her. Love can happen indeed.
Shigure/Akito is an okay ship.

See ya, next discussion feel free to join but please don't bring pokemon/naruto/bleach shit here because nobody gives a fuck.

Attached: IMG_20180619_221339.jpg (1912x1365, 182K)

Isn't this about the Chinese zodiac and how the cat was tricked by the mouse and left out? And then a girl gets a harem of all the zodiac animals?
Is this a remake or a sequel?

Attached: 1550906853793.gif (500x281, 839K)

>Also the series where all the other couples are developed naturally, realistically and organically.

Yeah no, there's no excuse for Shigure/Akito and I only brought up those ships from other series to shed light on just how dumb Shigure/Akito is when you see it has a lot of the same problems as all those other shit-tier ships.

Would you prefer I compare the them to Twilight? That might actually be the best comparison since like wolf boy, Shigure literally imprints on fetus Akito as soon as she exists.

Fuck I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I actually found a worse, or just as bad love story as Twilight!

Probably she grew up, it's still kind of creepy. Also he probably figured the best way to keep a woman by your side forever is to fuck her and marry her.

This is coming from someone that ships Shigure/Mayu. After so many years you are the first person I heard that ships it because everyone else can smell shit from a mile away. Most people don't even consider it a ship. Is just a setup by Shigure to help his bro and to keep another man from Akito.

I know canonically its a setup but I think the canon ship for Shigure is fucked so I choose to go "Death of The Author here."

I think if given the chance, it could've really developed into something more if Shigure allowed himself to get over his dream autism. They have really great chemistry together. It would certainly be more natural and compelling than Shigure/Akito which is just.

>"I don't even know know you, but I saw you in a dream so I automatically love you forever, no questions asked!"

Fucking 4 year olds could write a more complex foundation than that!

Mayu should've won the Shigurebowl and Saki should've won the Akitobowl.

Hatori could've just gotten back together with Kana.

Attached: tumblr_nmt4jp2gei1u8l1ago1_12801.jpg (560x421, 165K)

Not him but
>Ships Shigure/Mayu
>A couple so pathetic that barely did anything
>broke up soon
>He remembers about her later just to matchmake with Hatori
Nice alternative there bruh

Attached: 1541027427921.jpg (650x701, 36K)

This series ended 13 years ago, why the fuck there's still shipping wars? Fanwanks are not canon but is.
Weird autistic fuck

>creepy

What makes it creepy to you user?

Its just autistic Bleach shippers latching onto the latest popular series and dragging their fallout with them again.

This is their M!A, ignore them.

>A couple so pathetic they barely did anything

I mean, they could've if the mangaka wasn't so slavishly devoted to Shigure/Akito and had shit taste.

She could've at least had the balls to enter a legitimate romantic rival for Shigure's side and spice things up with a little tension rather than ust making it be all about competition for Akito, but no Shigure apparently had to stay true to his "destined dream love."

Shigure/Mayu is the very definition of wasted potential and yes i'm mad.

It has been 13 fucking years, just drop the show if you're so mad about it, fanwanker

Yeah, that's the best thing to do. Sorry I didn't ignore before.

God dammit some people are legit crazy.

It's not a harem. But it is a remake.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00_12_51_[19.04.06.01.32.54].jpg (1280x720, 152K)

Thanks for responding. What are they doing different this time around? Is it worth a watch?

Why choose to target Shigure/Akito out of all the things though?

Wouldn't Yuki/Tohru vs Kyo/Tohru be a more suitable choice?

They'll adapt the entire series with a proper ending

It's a faithful remake, they're adapting the whole story. The DEEN anime deviated from the original and was adapted too early into the manga's run. It's definitely worth watching if you do like the story.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Fruits Basket (2019) - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_00_00_54_[19.04.06.02.12.30].jpg (1280x720, 159K)

The autism incarnate ships Shigure/Mayu and think Hatori and Kanna should get back together

Attached: 1540947064990.png (1160x1010, 662K)

Its technically Akito's harem.

I like that Yukis child has his brothers personality

I imagine because Shigure/Akito is the most controversial of the canon ships and thus is an easy target to fuel wank.

Most everyone has excepted Kyo/Tohru by now since sweet ditz x tsundere boy is one of the most popular and wholesome pairing types here on Yea Forums.

And Ayame's son has Hiro's personality for some strange reason, even when ironically enough, Takaya once said in an interview that Ayame is the Jyuunishi Hiro can't stand the most.

The daughter is just like him though.

A slut just like mama

I don't think most people can deal with Ayame in general

It's impossible to love someone from the start because you really still don't know that person, it always starts as a crush

Best villain and best MILF.

I want Ren to use and abuse me and force me to change my gender, sissify me Ren!

Attached: ca1d1e67f5.jpg (175x350, 28K)

Shigure explicitly uses the word "love" when he refers to that dream though.

That's what makes it so shitty.

Fuck off Akira

You mean all series shippers

I would want Kubo would do this more often, and he would choose a new voice for Orihime too

Bleach, Naruto and Pokémon ones are known for being especially autistic though.

>Lets his wife boss him around and raise their daughter as a man

Ya think Akira was into Femdom?

Nah, he was lonely and Ren was the only one that gave him attention. He is a pushover though

>He is a pushover

So he wouldn't have even minded Shigure putting the moves on his daughter if he knew about it?

Attached: Akigure.jpg (745x1200, 86K)

>And the new manly Yuki voice is weird.
Shit taste.
New voice is fine, old voice was so bad it ruined his entire character.

LAURA BAILEY

>3 kids
Do you think it's Kyo or Tohru that's the slut in their relationship?

Tohru. Its always the too-innocent ones that are secret sex fiends.

He did dress up Akito in little girl's kimonos. So I guess he was kind of a rebel