Why can't normalfags into mecha?

Why can't normalfags into mecha?

Attached: 1469651668280.jpg (796x777, 277K)

Those are all solid titles.

robotech confused them as children.

Friendly reminder that Madoka Magica surpassed Evangelion.

TTGL, Eva, and 0083 are solid titles. The others are shit.

Attached: [Shin-Getter]Invincible_Superman_Zambot_3_-_23[7F46E912].avi_snapshot_20.11_[2018.02.11_16.47.50].jp (640x480, 33K)

Mecha isn't popular in the west.
The only mecha I remember watching on TV was Zoids Chaotic Century.

FMP and Geass are absolutely based

Because actual mecha series suck.

I just don’t like it as a “power system”

Reminder that people who don't watch mecha shows because they don't like mecha are as retarded as people who'd watch a mecha show only because of the mechs.

you wish

t. waifufag

>0083

Attached: 291.gif (500x281, 974K)

Notice something about the titles on the OP?
They all focus on the characters and not on the mechas

Animes that focus on the mechas are shit, there is a reason why these kind of mecha anime are way more popular

>aldonoah zero
lol

Takes a little time and effort to properly get into it, since most of it was made in the pre-2000s.

Normalfags are lazy as shit.

Where the does that stigma come from? How many mecha shows do you know that do opposite of that?

That's 08th MS actually. Irrelevant as both are pretty mediocre, 0083 is slightly less mediocre I suppose.

because they like human characters fighting with magical powers and not boring giant robots

You are missing the point of the image.
It isn’t saying they are bad just that they are shows that people who don’t like mecha for some reason say exceptions.
Usually because of some faggotty reason like
>it focuses on human drama and the characters rather than the mecha

Why can't you stop spamming charts?

>That's 08th MS actually
Geez, brain fart. Still a pretty good show.
Normalfags don't watch older Gundam. They definitely don't watch FMP, A/Z or Code Geass for like ten years grandpa. Change your shitty bait image to FranXX, Gridman and IBO.

What mecha anime doesn't focus on the characters?

I don’t think the chart was made about normalfags, per se, but about people getting into anime in the 00 but refused to watch mecha. Because of preconceived notions of the genre.
But yeah the image is outdated yet OP is insisting on spamming it here.

Transformer

Because they won't watch older shows and 2010s have been a comically bad decade for non-Gundam mecha

Attached: 1543351008644.jpg (600x720, 177K)

08th MS Team is the worst UC Gundam entry.

>Science fiction:
>stories about intriguing characters that just happen to take place in the future, in space, or in a plausible alternate reality.

>Mecha anime:
>advertisements for children's toys

That's why.

>Mecha isn't popular in the west.
There have been tons of mecha Hollywood movies in the past 10 years alone.

Transformers is pretty popular

The world may never know, OP.

Attached: 1554687554912[1].jpg (796x777, 275K)

>I don't like mecha but...
I'm on Tomino's dick?

Yes, lots of people who "dont like mecha" have watched Zambot 3 and Xabungle. This is weak ass bait.

Getter/Mazin are better series but whatever. Half of those are normie feel driven animes anyways.

I don't like mecha and I don't like any of the shows in that chart either.

because it takes someone on the spectrum to enjoy giant robot shows more than once
same reason only autists watch toku or haremshit despite it being formulaic to a fault

I watched aldoah zero and dropped it because it was a piece of shit. Evangelion and gurren lagan are good shows though. If you watch a lot of anime and only stick to one genre then you are watching a lot of trash. Diversify and stick to the best.

That doesn't just apply to mecha user.
There's also people that claim to hate harems but love Monogatari or people that claim to hate mahou shoujo but love Madoka.
And there's probably examples for other genres too.

>Eva
It was literally created to be a meme.

I'd rather rewatch a timeless classic in a genre I enjoy than the best of mecha.

It definitely applies to nostalgiafags who hate all post-90s mecha like /m/.

Most post 90s mecha is shit though. That isn't being a nostalgiafag, it's having good taste.

sounds like someone lacks COURAGE

Attached: 1543991800350.gif (600x450, 3.73M)

>there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that have yet to watch 0079

Attached: tenor[1].gif (498x372, 1.27M)

>every other show is oxygen and punch harder
>wonders why people call him a manchild
hmm indeed I wonder about that

that's not very GAR of you user. are you sure you're not a tranny?

Attached: 1532581989995.jpg (239x263, 29K)

aldnoah zero is absolute trash

There are people who claim to be fans of anime who haven't watched a single show made before 2010. I think that's part of the problem.

It's a useless genre. There's literally no reason to have giant robots in your story unless you want to sell toys to manchildren.

There's no reason to have anything specific in your story except to attract a certain audience or to sell merchandise.

>>it focuses on human drama and the characters rather than the mecha
So literally every mecha anime?