What did they do to Takagi? Anime considers hairstyle part of characterization...

What did they do to Takagi? Anime considers hairstyle part of characterization, what does him losing his sideways spikes mean when otherwise he's still the same mix of serious and clumsy/nervous between them? His sideways hair was great, he looks more like a background guy now. I still love him but still.

Attached: conan takagi.jpg (538x608, 60K)

They transferred it to his cheek bones obviously.

Takagi is one of my favorite anime characters. I wish the english dub got to when he became a vital character but they just teased us by getting to the episode where a woman slashed her sister's wrists to make it look like a suicide over a misunderstanding about a boyfriend and then stopped the series.

Oh yea, Takagi did have a scene in that episode. He talked to Conan about the blood on the door and they demonstrated his character by having that one dude slam the door open on him. There was an episode earlier than that though in the double digits where they were testing a murder trick and Takagi was almost hit with a bag of rocks. The 66th episode one. It was before they settled on Douglas Burks as his VA. I guess they never got the memo that he became a supporting cast member until it started happening despite the series being into the 300s at that time in Japan and by then I believe he had already been an established character with Sato.

Thank god they dropped ever using his first dub name and went to his last name.

Attached: takagi.png (456x438, 198K)

I looked it up. When the hell did they call him Harry? I don't remember this.

It had to be in his earliest appearances, I remember Megure calling him it once but they just went with Wilder most of the time. I remember one instance where he introduced himself as "Detective Harry Wilder" too but I can't remember when. At least Chiba kept his name. Sato was changed to Simone. Megure got off easy just being named Meguire.

I thought Wilder was a cliche reference to something but I was thinking Mulder from the X Files I guess. At least it has a nice ring to it, even if Takagi is better (and the original).

Attached: takagi chilling.png (217x444, 94K)

Doug did him in that episode he just sounded a bit different.

I thought they used someone else after that episode before going back to Douglass for his last series appearance and whenever he was in the 6 movies like his supporting role in Movie 4. I'd have to go through the episodes with him in it again to see. Maybe it was always Burks but using a different tone. Most of his CC roles were "here's that thing you wanted inspector" so I can't remember, and I've been watching the sub.

Attached: poor takagi.png (837x626, 570K)

Did he get cheekbone surgery?

He kept banging Sato so hard it just kinda fixed itself.

Oh no they used someone else in the murderer doggo case. I think it was filler.

Maybe he just lost weight, that can make the cheekbones jut out more.

>that time chiba lost weight and he looked like a completely different character

Attached: 416px-Chiba_Thin.jpg (416x599, 25K)

So he lost weight from all the fucking then. Makes sense.

>Anime considers hairstyle part of characterization, what does him losing his sideways spikes mean when otherwise he's still the same mix of serious and clumsy/nervous between them?
I think spiky hair is meant to indicate brash, boyish characters. Maybe he got a haircut so he can look more mature, even if he's still the same guy on the inside.

I'm so proud of him for breaking out of the shounen stigma and actually banging his girl to the point there was an entire case where he was worried he got her pregnant. He deserves it.

Now if only the author would let the MC of the series fuck his girl too.

Attached: 1529707690483.jpg (960x720, 129K)

I'm going to sleep some awesome nights when Shinichi finally releases 25+ years worth of semen into Ran. I can't wait.

I wonder how many years it'll be by then, 30? Not longer than that I hope because I still want a sequel before Gosho retires/burns out on DC.

But poor Shinichi, even in universe he's already been waiting to be with Ran ever since he was Conan's age. How long is Gosho going to make him wait.

Attached: 1538163521042.png (635x893, 723K)

My media player can skim 5 seconds at a time pressing the arrow keys and his line must be so short it just completely skips over it. The credits do say this though. Apparently this was before they knew who he was, I can't blame them, the animation director for this episode draws everyone really wrong and he was already a background character. Aside from Megure I'm pretty sure he was the only other detective in the episode. Weird that he managed to be above "Extra" status with such a minor voice role. Even skimming I heard the guy at Conan's school swimming class speak.

Attached: jack attacks.jpg (592x418, 94K)

At least they're dating now. It was nice to see how happy they were once it got going. You can tell Shinichi wanted to go all in when he gripped her shoulders though, guess he's gonna have to wait a bit longer for that. At least save whatever he was going to do to her until they're not in public.

I found it, all he says is "ok we have a good line".

Attached: connection test.jpg (544x640, 78K)

>girl gets the guy she likes to diet so other girls can appreciate him
>works too well and now they all want him so she fattens him up again
That's not really healthy, you know

Reading Conan for the first time recently, I was surprised at how things actually developed for the couples. I kind of figured it would be wheel spinning the whole time. Keeping Conan's secret is really the only thing that does that.

It's just everything takes fucking forever to develop. It felt okay binge reading it, but I can't imagine keeping up with the series in real time since the beginning.

This is also the same episode that the wiki uses for their evolution design comparison.

Attached: 1540954609893.png (707x361, 273K)

It looks like he's aging backwards.

Yep. We're still waiting on something with Heiji and Kazuha though, the only real development after Kazuha loving him is him realizing he loves her. I guess it makes sense to wait until Shinichi and Ran have started dating to make a big progression though.

Takagi is a secret organization member.

I checked Episode 21 from the OP pic because I didn't remember him talking in that one, and its yet another VA. This time he's credited under extras. I'm not sure who it is.

I love Takagi and wish they would have pinned his voice down from the start. I much prefer the voice Doug did towards the end over the others.

Attached: lights camera murder.jpg (560x401, 105K)

I just wonder how Shinichi and Ran are going to date if they mostly can't meet in their physical form. Are we going to see more lovey-dovey phone conversations, etc. because that would be nice.

Attached: 1534279084346.png (620x798, 625K)

>that scene in the new movie is actually kid in the pool with ran
im so mad

Shit, I was afraid of that. I hope we at least get to see some cute jealous Conan, although I feel a little sorry for him getting helplessly NTRed like that.

Attached: 1528787437989.png (810x700, 285K)

Kaito pulls this so often that even Ran should be expecting it during Kid cases.

>no movie where Takagi and Conan crack a big case, come back to their respective teams, Ai gives Conan a tsun comment while blushing, and Takagi gets the big sex from Sato

Probably they fucked during that trip to Murrica.

They are pure and saving themselves for marriage.

>and Conan gets the secret bath from Ran
Actually now that I'm rereading the manga from the beginning, I like how Conan interacted with Takagi and Sato nearly like equals from almost when they were first introduced, maintaining only the barest pretense of little kidness around them. I wonder how friendly he used to be with them when he was Shinichi.

He at least knew Takagi on his first case in the airplane.

I'm sure Ran fucks Shinichi's ass with her hair horn.

i don't know who this is but i want to kiss him

>takagi love
always makes me happy

why is the secret bath so perfect

I remember that. I wonder if he knew both of them personally. It would be nice if he had been on friendly terms with them. (The live action TV dramas depict them this way.)

>takagi conan thread
That's nice but we just had a healthy thread a day or so ago so I doubt this one will make it very far. Glad Takagi is getting some more recognition though.

Has Sato ever met him?

I can't remember if she ever has. I'm way behind in the manga and rereading from the start so I don't know if there's any evidence of it after where I'm up to now.

I worded that badly but the point is clear enough.

I've made it like 740 episodes in so far and I don't think they have. Aoyama likes past reveals so maybe they have met before. I hope so at least.

Someone should ask Gosho in one of those q&a sessions. I want to imagine Takagi, Sato, and Shinichi collegially working on cases together. As far as I know it's completely plausible that they did.

I like it too. I hope we at least get a casual Sato and Shinichi moment that supports past cases together.

Attached: legs1.jpg (720x567, 50K)

...?

Attached: legs2.png (720x567, 468K)

...!

Attached: legs3.png (720x567, 599K)

sasuga kudo-kun

Japanese ghosts are often missing their legs. I hope this isn't some ominous foreshadowing.

Attached: 1531988617965.jpg (640x480, 47K)

Apotoxin 4869 actually killed Shinichi and Conan is some random kid whose body is being inhabited by Shinichi's vengeful spirit.

They hadn't met beforehand, but she did meet him and Heiji on the highway case when they were coming back from the village of people who hated Kudo Shinichi because "his deduction was wrong".

If Aoyama ended the series with full penetration between Shinichi and Ran I think it would make up for the almost 30 years of blueballing.

I just watched the Lupin crossovers. Takagi was really out-of-character in them. It felt like he was written by the Lupin writers or something.

Attached: Lupin III vs Detective Conan - The Movie [M-L][1080p][3941F580].mkv_snapshot_01.06.44.836.jpg (1920x1080, 154K)

Yes. The series needs an R18 eromanga climax with full uncensored fucking between Shinichi and Ran, and then a sequel series where they're a married couple managing their own detective agency and hunting down remnants of the BO.

>that spoiler
it's been a while since the latest "make the witnesses have false assumption for crime I did" case. looking forward for more kohji haneda revelation.

He finally got to fuck the female cop. Now he`s a grounded family man and not a young horny virgin.