Spaniards BTFO, reminder that Rapier cant cut for shit and is an inferior blade compared to Katana

Spaniards BTFO, reminder that Rapier cant cut for shit and is an inferior blade compared to Katana

Attached: Y17.png (841x1200, 586K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/0VxuN
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Spaniards BTFO
Pretty sure they rekt the Samurai when they fought

then the old guy beat the shit outta him with his hands

Attached: 31.jpg (1682x1200, 809K)

t. beaner

Attached: N27.png (820x1200, 491K)

>Spaniards and The Samurai will unite
Lads I'm scared.

Attached: Naruhito Emperor.jpg (426x594, 73K)

>reminder that Rapier cant cut for shit

They're not supposed to, dipshit. They're thrusting weapons. They weren't designed with cutting in mind, katanas were.

Attached: shigurui_27_23.jpg (800x1171, 185K)

we have aguila roja, you should fear us you know

>Thrusting
Compensating for something there?

>he needs metal swords

Attached: demon ox.jpg (1651x1200, 474K)

>Compensating for something there?

Yeah, armor. When faced down by a guy in plate, a rapier is going to always have a better chance against that than a longsword or an arming sword. Thinner blade means greater chance and penetrating the gaps in armor. Japs never had to worry about this because they made their armor out of leather and wood, because they have such shit iron deposits that they could only spare what little metal they could cultivate exclusively for weapons. Necessity in battle dictated the design of a weapon, and Japs never needed to thrust because they never had any armor that could protect from a cut well enough.

I'm going to post this every day until you like it.

Attached: 1445994195123.png (841x1200, 507K)

>Needing Swords

Attached: 1462742035180[1].jpg (1554x1200, 1.44M)

>rapier was anti armor
Nice meme
> Japs never needed to thrust because they never had any armor that could protect from a cut well enough.
Kabuto was objectively better than european designs

Here you go katana fan boy history brainlets

imgur.com/gallery/0VxuN

The narration for that scene was so autistic and embarrassing.

nice citations faggot, parroting myths and "general knowledge" wont get you anywhere

>Nice meme
>He thinks it's a meme
Wew lad.

>Kabuto was objectively better than european designs

Not really. Only advantage jap helmets had was a greater field of vision. Beyond that, a European bascinet was the better choice as it protected every inch of the wearer's head.

Attached: bascinet.png (1200x1034, 1001K)

>bascinet
The thing is you dont need to cover the whole head in most melee. Thats why visored bascinet wasnt popular for long (if you can even argue it was ever)

>Liking less rapy swords

>Italy elects Mussolini's granddaughter
>Japan makes plans to remove constitutional ban on having a military
>This happens as well

Lads, It's finally happening once again

>reminder that Rapier cant cut for shit
because that's not it's purpose you insufferable retard, they are used for stabbing

Japan is downright dogshit at war. Ancient era? Dogshit. Medieval era? Dogshit. Early modern? Dogshit? Modern? These subhumans doesn't even have a real army anymore lel

Combat rapiers were made for cutting, you misinfo dumbasses.

^^^^ fukkin this lmao

stupid kike niggers never even made a shield

>Ancient era
Dunno
> Medieval era
Kicked mongol ass unlike europeans who got conquered and their genetics raped.
> Early modern
Conquered Asia and kicked Chinese and Germans in WW1
>Modern
US mutts are literally JDF bitches

>Kicked mongol ass
No, they did not. They were vastly inferior to Mongol forces. Hence the kamikaze legend where they got saved by Mongols ships being decimated by a storm.
>Conquered Asia and kicked Chinese and Germans in WW1
China was shambles. Germans were fighting on multiple fronts. Japanese were carried by Euro allies. I see you didn't even DARE to mention WW2.

WW2 isnt modern but contemporary history. Of course you wouldnt know that

You are one dumb bitch.

>no u
Yep, that caps it nicely. Read a book nigger

I like it.

>cant cut for shit
Well yeah, it's a thrust weapon so no shit.

> Kicked mongol ass unlike europeans who got conquered and their genetics raped.

You don't know shit about european history don't you

Or japanese for that matter

I liked the fight with the rapier guy. The sensei immediately realized something was off and stepped forward because there was a good risk one of his main disciple would get slain.

>Outnumbering spaniards 25 to 1
>Still losing.

Attached: japs btfo.jpg (316x377, 28K)

what manga? I tried looking up samurai manga and Im not sure what it is, is it Oooku? maybe not

Shigurui

The old guy is a GOD with a katana.

thanks man

That's kind of ironic since rapiers, smallswords and katanas are all made of folded steel.

>pirates
Am I suppose to take this seriously?

Kamikaze happened afterwards, japs fought off them off fine.

>Kamikaze happened afterwards, japs fought off them off fine.
You idiot, stop talking about things you don't know anything about. The Japanese fled the battlefield and the Mongols, think it was a ruse (it wasn't), went back to their ships to formulate a new attack plan but got wiped out by a storm. You fucking idiot.

Just use a gun, dude.

Fujiki would have died to some nobody who wasnt even properly trained if his Sensei wouldnt have stepped in.

Modern and contemporary era are the same thing. The real stupidity is placing the First Sino-Japanese War and WWI in the early modern era.

The rapier wasn’t particularly good against armor. If you had to deal with armor and you were married to that type of sword, you would be better served with the actual anti-armor estoc or tuck. (Or any mass, bludgeoning weapon)

It was obviously colloquial usage, you pseudo intellectual autist. Ancient era/Medieval era aren't accurate distinctions.

No definition of the early modern era extends past 1815, so everything post-Meiji Restoration belongs in the modern era, which should help to balance out the fiasco that was the Second Sino-Japanese War and WWII. Early Modern Era had the Sengoku Jidai and Toyotomi Hideyoshi’s invasion of Korea.

Read the post again, idiot. Maybe use a dictionary to understand the parts you don't get.

I mean, Rapier's are cool and all, but unless you were highly skilled, you'd be infinitely better off with a hammer or pick of some kind if you had to fight someone in heavy armour. Aiming for joints and structural weakpoints in plate sounds cool, but a warrior of comparable skill in armour will know you're aiming for those weakpoints and move appropriately to cover them. In actual fact, what 'Aiming for weakpoints' actually means is 'You have a limited number of points where your attacks will do fuck-all'. Some of the more advanced plate armours were basically immune to conventional slashing and piercing weapons, and you'd basically have to stand still to let a rapier-user get the right angle to penetrate a weakpoint in the armour.

Basically, get as fucking Warhammer and let impact do 90% of the work for you. Concussion is a hell of a drug.

Source: Being one of those retards who dress up and hit each other with sticks at fairs.

No one asked.

>expecting me to wait for people to ask on an autism based Vietnamese morse code board

how new?

kino

Attached: 29.jpg (1900x1388, 1.22M)

The Portuguese crash landing on Japan is the catalyst for the Tokugawa Shogunate happening at all.

>stupid wood paddles
>ineffective grip
>joke mouth
>balding
"kino"

Just him with a tl;dr you autist

How about I tie a naked child to a pillar and shoot arrows at him, that would be choice

Attached: shigurui-manga-1.jpg (250x310, 30K)

>a weapon designed 200 years after plate went out of vogue in europe is not designed to effectively combat plate
Sky is blue. Water, wet.

How good is the manga from where the anime leaves off? I’ve been meaning to finish it to see how the rivalry ends and the tournament scene in the anime looks so crazy.

having sex with dick girls is also an option

Yeah but desu that's an option most people would agree on

This design never historically existed, this is actually a barbute with a visor. Opinion discarded.

best girl

Attached: 111.jpg (571x811, 98K)

>tears off her shota servant's face just for noticing her dick
Nah

Attached: image (20).png (1682x1200, 1003K)

>Do you even lift?