Harem Anime Without Excessive Jealousy?

In "In Another World with My Smartphone", the girls in the protagonist's harem don't do much serious fighting over him, though they do compete sometimes for his attention. Why aren't there more harem anime like that (and can you tell me if you think of one?)? Besides them hailing from a world/culture where polyamory is normal, what can be done to curb the worst of the jealousy?

Attached: E4A9F0AB-2BF1-4991-B58B-54FBE3B3B993.jpg (1280x720, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

novelplanet.com/Novel/In-a-Different-World-with-a-Smartphone
novelupdates.com/series/magika-no-kenshi-to-shoukan-maou/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

novelplanet.com/Novel/In-a-Different-World-with-a-Smartphone
I'm enjoying this right now. I just hope a 2nd season is in the works.

Date A Live.

me too. this series gets a lot of flack for being harem but the girls are cute and the plot isn't absolutely terrible

Bumping

I feel like if it got a season 2 more people would actually enjoy it as the later arcs are some of the best

I want to see the other brides too.

The only isekai that i actually like

Too bad about the dumbass last arc.

Attached: kanojogaflag.jpg (800x516, 222K)

I know it went full retard but did it have a harem end?

>already goes for one of the most self-insert wish fulfillment trope anime has (harem)
>wants to eliminate its only drawback
What a faggot, holy shit.

As far as I remember yeah.

>I need my escapist fantasies to be realistic!

Why do you like it?

Because I don’t need to try and differentiate one girl from the other

But the jealousy is the best part...? If you took it far enough, the whole story could end in tragedy with a murder pr something. That’d be great.

What happened?

Tell the makers that then.

It's been a while but if I remember correctly it turns out that the entire series takes place in some kind of VR world that humanity is hiding in to escape from a war outside and it goes full Chuuni where the MC is basically Neo and has to save everyone from vaguely defined invading force It didn't help that the anime spontaneously skipped 3 volumes of build-up so that the reveal happened out of nowhere in the middle of a completely normal scene 2 episodes before the end of the show.

I guess you can keep a look out for "Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World" manga. They compete a bit for bottom bitch but get along and don't act up around their master. He's collected a wolfkin, dwarf, catkin, dragonkin, and elf so far in the WN.

"Invaders of the Rokujouma" dissolves any semblance of competition very quickly - it's only there in the first episode or two because the writer wasn't sure how long the series would last. The cast see each other as family, and would gladly give their lives to protect each other.

It also has a ton of exciting action scenes and genuinely heartwarming moments, and both the LN and the anime based on the first 6 volumes are easy to find. I wouldn't hesitate to call it one of the best harem series ever made.

Attached: Invaders of the Rokujouma.png (980x900, 224K)

With the anti-china rhetoric, I doubt we will see a s2. I'm surprised they haven't shit their pants with the novels yet.

I really enjoyed this show a lot more than I thought I would.

Attached: 1527863801168.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

"How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend" is a story where the protagonist gathers some of his female friends together to make a VN, claiming that he saw one of the girls on the street the other day and realised she was "the perfect model for a heroine". His writing is full of typical anime tropes, and most of the harem at least roughly fits into them too (while being geeky enough to crack jokes about themselves). Except his "heroine", Megumi, is almost aggressively normal, and as he writes the VN he becomes frustrated at his inability to find archetypal charm points to latch onto.

The haremettes don't just want his affection for themselves, they want to slap some sense into him and make him realise "The reason you think Megumi is a perfect heroine is because YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH HER".

Attached: SaeKano.jpg (300x442, 42K)

>Harem Anime Without Excessive Jealousy?
>Saekano
Not sure if bait.

Attached: 1539153881232.jpg (1280x720, 479K)

bump

Umi no Misaki.

What did you like about it?

He's not aware of volume 7...

What happens there?

If you have any thoughts/ideas, please share them.

Just 2 girls leaving the MC to pursue their careers in the game industry. That's all.
Not what the OP had in mind.

Check out Mushoku Tensei when the anime comes out (or just read the LNs now). MC keeps the harem 'reasonably' sized, only 3 girls, and there isn't really any conflict.
Of course it's a pretty slow burn and he doesn't actually form his harem until nearly halfway through the over 20 volumes (though he meets all of them by the second).

Pretty sure it's actually been confirmed for an s2.

Horizon is probably the best harem you can get if you don't mind reading, I recommend watching the anime and if it interests you try reading the novels. MC is based too.

Attached: kawakami horizon 120cm.jpg (316x449, 16K)

How many books is that?

A lot. Check out bakatsuki's translation page. The novel is finished in japan, and if you want more about the world there's that too. (this pic is old as fuck btw)

Attached: Kawakami's lunacy.jpg (1920x656, 420K)

I always really liked Sekirei

Attached: Sekirei Pure Engagement cover.jpg (2000x1353, 340K)

I hope you're right. I did hear that the anime did well.

Yeah, I wish they had done another season.

smartphone s2 when

Trinity Seven
At least I think it was, it’s been a long time

Rokujouma
Rokujouma is harem done right.
The girls have their own individual motivations, and come to grow as characters. The key, though, is that the members have meaningful interactions with each other and form natural friendships and bonds.
This means that later, when they help each other out to get the mc instead of be jealous or fight over him, it seems like a natural progression of their characters. Plus they seem pretty 3 dimensional with their problems and hookups about the whole thing because the necessary time has been given with each character WHY they act the way they do with not only the MC but other members.
They seem more like one big family that wants to help each other out with their problems- not just a gaggle of geese slobbering over mc dick just beacause and ignorning everything and everyone else.

Attached: 1529253788147.jpg (510x380, 193K)

Never and that's a good thing.

Not that user. I like it for not having unnecessary part:
>evil organization
>cynical rival and evil woman officer
>serious conspiracy
>teen drama

I disliked the harem in Sevens because they were bitchy and had bitch fights with each other for MC's attention. Some of the girls even changed characters into scheming bitches once they got into the harem. People actually recommended this because OMG REALISTIC HAREM but it was just tiresome.

ur gay

It did. The entirety of the second part involved the main character re-recruiting his harem while proving the two goddesses wrong about humanity.

Not anime, but this game is pretty good.
The girls love each other almost as much as the man. Would recommend for harem fans.

Attached: Evenicle.png (1366x768, 1.74M)

The main character wasn't an edgelord. The dude wanted to have fun with his harem while dicking around with his overpowered smartphone. I had fun just seeing him invent things while going on adventures.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.57_[2017.09.01_00.46.52] (1280x720, 397K)

The manga and LN are great too, one thing I didn't like about the anime was that they cut out Touya's inner thoughts which made him seem too bland.

Attached: x7.png (1026x1453, 224K)

Magika no Kenshi has a harem that gets along real well, avoids almost all the problems I had with battle harems. shame it never got an anime. It has a manga and the LN is completely translated.

novelupdates.com/series/magika-no-kenshi-to-shoukan-maou/

Attached: magika_no_kenshi_to_shoukan_maou_vol-10_019.jpg (1600x2248, 1.92M)

Trinity Seven, but this is the best.

Attached: 1468512379486.jpg (1280x738, 282K)

Erimo is best girl, Gurigura a close second.

What is the problem(s) you have with battle harems? How did they get along so well?

So they're bi? How did they become so close? Any tips for playing the game?

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're all bi. There's only been one girl on girl scene so far out of the 20 something I've gotten though. It's not a game with that focus. But there's a whole lot of watching, line-ups and 3somes. They get to enjoy each other's company over the game and there's remarkably no jealousy.
It's not hard at all, just a regular JRPG with some side challenges that are a little tougher. If you've heard of Alicesoft before it's by those people, it's like playing Rance 1-4.

c'mon Yea Forums where's the monogatari?

Is it available in English?

Any thoughts on the avoiding jealousy thing?

Isekai Maou is pretty good with this. The main two girls end up liking each other as much as they like the MC. Also most of the prominent side girls show no jealousy whatsoever.
The LNs are a quick and easy read as well. Each volume is easily read in under 4 hours.

Attached: 3D04BF6B-592C-40DA-9F43-0FB38F07C46C.jpg (640x960, 279K)

Its been released in English, yeah. And the two dragon sisters Kyou & Kinou basically own Aster which quashes pretty much any jealously in the harem because they could crush the rest with a single finger. They are also lewd as fuck to boot.

lmao did you get kicked off /tg/

This show was so goddamn comfy

Watched the first episode. I thought the protagonist was a faggot, but it turned out he had taste of the highest quality.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-09-00h45m28s493.png (1280x720, 866K)

If you squint real hard, Jitsu Wa is a harem where the main girl is locked in early. The childhood friend, the pervy nee-san and the class rep all catch feelings for the MC, but only the class rep really fights and the later drama comes from her platonically liking the main girl as much as she loves the MC.

Valkyria had little in-fighting in his harem. He also had a smartphone.

I remember a harem where the MC gets to fuck best girl first, then fuck the rest of the cast of girls, and the only girl that got none was the tsundere childhood friend. Best ending.

Farming Life in Another World

It's like "In Another World with My Smartphone" but if it was done right, was wholesome as fuck, and focused on creating a successful farming estate instead of dumb shit.

They look like perfect lovers or perfect siblings. Possibly both.

Back when I kept up with the web novel, she was my favorite girl alongside Rin/Leen. Watching the anime only made me like her more.

Attached: Yae eating.png (311x398, 85K)

Oh right, she ate a lot of food right? Guess I remember why I liked her. Girls that eat a lot of food are just inherently more entertaining to me.

Shouldn't a harem that contain both be the best of both world?
e.g. Some members of the harem formed a faction of their own, the girls in same faction are chill with each other, but would get jealous against other faction.

Omamori Himari

all harems devolve into fighting over the mc

Mushoku Tensei pretty much like the other user mentioned, the MC has sex as early as volume 6 with the first girl but the harem isn’t formed until like vol 16 where he marries the last girl and then has kids.
While there’s not much in terms of drama over fighting for him there’s one arc where one of MC’s kids is born with abnormality I won’t spoil and one of the wives fears if the MC would forsake the child because of those circumstances but it quickly gets resolved and it’s all happy go lucky polygamy lifestyle especially in the redundancy chapters.

What harem series that is not harem, user?

How wrong.

Attached: 1443625087115.png (1920x1080, 3.1M)

Attached: IsekaiMaoutoShoukanShoujoDoreiMajutsu-Episode12-Omake-2.gif (600x338, 2.88M)

>and LN
Reading it right now and just passing to say, I love Leen.

Attached: untitled.png (1400x1994, 1.59M)

Does Tsuki Tsuki count? Or pic related?

Best battle harem hands down. Too bad about the lack of an anime, though.

user probably just means that the tsundere doesn't attack the MC for little or no reason, and he isn't actually oblivious to the girls' feelings (also helps that he actually fucks them near the end). In short, Infinite Stratos done right.

Attached: Galge_no_Sekai_yo_Youkoso!Vol1Cover1.jpg (1114x1600, 282K)

>cut out Touya's inner thoughts
Why does it seem like anime adaptations always do this with LN MCs?

Really? All of them?

>Tsuki Tsuki
After volume 12? Fuck no.

Wasn't volume 13 rewritten?

>volume 13
Nope. The series is still on infinite hiatus. The series is still "on hold" with everything related to it frozen.

>Excessive jealousy

Are there even harem series that feature this? The only harems where heroines are actually bitches to each other are in korean drama manhwa but because gooks love drama a little too much most of it feels very unnatural or retarded.
Isekai in particular piss me off because MC just takes in a bunch of wives and they all love the MC unconditionally without trying to fight over his affection. They don't even feel like real characters at that point.
The harem I am enjoying the most right now is probably 5toubun and that's only because the author isn't a fucking pussy and lets conflict happen between the heroines instead of forever keeping the status quo. Really wish there were more series like this that have a good balance of drama and comfiness.

Negima, at least the Shaft version. Haven't watched/read the original yet. It got like 30 fucking characters and only about two of these had a focus on being jealous but it was treated pretty fast.

Sevens is the prime example. Lyle's harem was all kinds of fucked up because of it.

I've read a few chapters of this but unfortunately didn't get far enough to see him acquire a jealous harem. Guess I'll pick it back up sometime. Thanks.

It's quite hard to translate a series told from the point of view of our hero to an animation that is in third person.
It's either too awkward (pauses to make the MC "think") and heavy on the VA (lots of extre text).
Even for series like Overlord that isn't easy to skip many of those monologues (because the MC is kind of 2 in 1) they do it anyway with a bunch of stuff or it would interrupt the narrative or the other characters.

Huh. I was told it was already released.

That person lied to you. Nothing on the official publisher's site, nothing on twitter, all the stores list nothing for volume 13. The author's career is still dead. Which is good since he's a fucking idiot.

>spoiler
What happened?

How would you handle things then, with having a harem that has some tensions, but nothing like coming to blows over things?

Strike the Blood

It does contain a bit of rivalry between the girls but the show is pretty clear about having an actual harem end. There is no excessive jealousy and romance drama. It is however not as "comfy", as it's essentially a Battle Harem show with a focus on fighting the villain of the arc.

Attached: 1552216387744.jpg (5100x7019, 2.17M)

I haven't seen that, could you please give some examples of scenes that showcase this?

The protagonist's future daughters are introduced at some point and the setting itself sees it as befitting of the protagonist's status to have a harem.

Attached: 1526605644514.jpg (1282x1657, 218K)

>Tsuki Tsuki
Damn it, don't remind me. Its good on the first few volumes but it goes bad after Shinobu starts going for one girl.
Hows Unlimited Fafnir? The translation is not yet done but its already finished at vol.15. So did Yuu finally got his harem?

The author pulled a huge bait and switch that pissed off the Japanese fans enough to massively tank the sales of the series to the point where the publisher had to step in and put the series on indefinite hold.

Well at least Utaha has spinoff.

Attached: 1531852096935.png (787x1152, 468K)

Do you Know user where i can read it ?

Ln's licensed by j novel club so buy it there or just download it in thatnovelcorner

Wish this had gottan an anime.

Attached: Fujimura.png (246x350, 127K)

Thanks user

Self insert looks like this

Underrated

Attached: tumblr_mhegj47bW61rqilbqo1_400.jpg (376x220, 68K)