Shoumetsu Toshi

Anyone watching this? Subs should be out soon TM.

Attached: Shoumetsu Toshi.jpg (831x523, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LV4BYIORIAs
streamable.com/503ck
youtu.be/gbEM2Q2-jgY
youtube.com/watch?v=_Irmx_E9grI
youtube.com/watch?v=gta-xWUsH1I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mobile game adaptation
I hope it's good. These things can turn out surprisingly well.

>mobile game adaptation
>I hope it's good
user that's impossible.

Merc Storia, the first Bahamut anime, Manaria friends, Million Arthur, etc. Not necessarily brilliant stuff, but still enjoyable enough to watch. The main thing is whether or not the studio is given a lot of creative freedom.

>Funi simulcast
I wonder if the subs will be out on time.

Pastel Memories was decent.

>funi subs
nah

Looks like a small side proyect at the level of Magical Warfare. It's the kind of proyect that tends to get the short sitck.

Also i am kinda a madhouse fanboy and i don't reconize almost anyone of the staff. Only the director (and i dont't like him very much) and one animation director the rest: assitant director, photography, character dessings, art director, barely nothing. Even the color dessing is someone unassociated with the studio.

Even one punch man, that everyone take as a in name only series, still had one of their veterans as a color dessing, here it doesn't have even that.

I found them all to be terrible.

Eh I guess the first Bahamut anime was decent.

Then you probably won't like this one. Still, give the first episode a try.

I made the thread because I felt bad for it desu. I thought no one cared.

Is this hetshit? Not even gonna bother checking it out if it is.

I liked the pv, waiting for subs.

>mc voiced by sugita
>romance

Yeah please don't come back.

Yes.

I'm watching for the VA's
Not putting a lot of hope into it.

Attached: 1525264598596.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

It's WFS (aka Wright Flyer Studio's) original IP and I think their biggest - they also made Another Eden and it's getting some popularity here. They're owned by GREE.

>Still nothing on HS
I guess it's either Funi being a shit or just usual HS problem at the start of each season.

Both.

yu-no was also funi and it took them one whole day to rip it.

They also fucked up Mix by ripping the literal dub script instead of the subs.

That was when the season was just starting. Now they warmed up. Should be out more quickly. Now we have to watch out if they rip the dub script again. If that happens we need to wait for a proper rip from Erai.

subs where

those are all shit tho

what? funi has 2 different subtitle tracks? is that why their subs is always shit?

I assume they have the dub track for deaf people. Funimation deserves to be nuked either way.

for them qts !

Attached: supreme fluffies dumbos.webm (1280x720, 2.34M)

Damn, the characters are boring as fuck. Hard to care about the loli when she barely has any personality. The self-insert isn't any better.

>characters are boring as fuck
It's a mobile game anime user. What were you expecting?

Does Yea Forums watch shows they are not interested in? or they just watch them to be popular?

At least the Million Arthur characters are somewhat fun to watch. These are just bland.

You sound like a crossboarder. You should leave.

>Self-inserting on this

This isn't a comedy or parody like Million Arthur.

I don't understand

If I tell you to kill yourself will you understand?

Which is why the characters shouldn't be this bland. Hard to muster any interested in a loli with hardly any personality and her bodyguard self-insert.

What's up with you?

Tfw Fairy gone subs already out on HS before this

Really makes you think.

>[Erai-raws] Shoumetsu Toshi - 01 [1080p].mkv
Erai is out while HS is still being a shit.

>MC dies in 1st episode
Good.

>Expecting personality from a test subject
I don't think she will some kind of personality until later.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

>was pretty hyped for this
>game adaptation
fuck sake, I never watch mobage/video game adaptation they're all shitty and cheaply made.

Attached: 1546990049135.jpg (772x720, 108K)

Erai always manages to be far slower when it comes to downloading though.

>MC dies in 1st episode
They didn't show him die. Meaning he's not dead.
>Expecting personality from a test subject
It's not like the other characters showed any personality either,. The show has no charm point except maybe the animation.

What is this even about? Mobile games adaptation aside Bahamut are shit unless they are comedic and not serious at all.

tojis and akanesasu were good you shit taste pleb

The girl was at the center of an incident that destroyed a good chunk of the city. A few years later a transporter (self-insert MC) is contracted to rescue the girl from a lab and take her to the location that was destroyed, in order to find her father.

That's pretty much the main premise. Carry the loli to point X to find her father. She's obviously not normal though. Some kind of super loli with esper powers.

>The show has no charm point except maybe the animation.
This is the same Madhouse who fucked up Overlord's third season with their CGI knights, and the director is the same as the outsource-fest Onihei. I don't hold much hope for the animation.

Pretty sure it's not adaptation, but more like "based on"?

I guess this is some kind prologue or at least something related with the planned Afterlost version of the mobile game

Based Madhouse working on this instead of Overlord so the episodes will be able to be streamed much faster than TV airing in Japan.

Attached: image.jpg (1122x742, 98K)

The actual overlord staff is doing a series that actually doesn't look half bad.

This seems interesting enough , will keep watching it unless it completely shits the bed at some point

>soon

worst anime of the decade

Why doesn't Madhouse made 2nd Seasons again?
Do they hate money?

I didn't understand anything of the plot
But my supreemus better appear again or I'm nuking Madhouse

Attached: DeNJEUsUQAAweFY.jpg (1478x898, 244K)

They are doing diamond no ace (another season this season)

Some josei anime 3rd season is fall

And did overlord season 2 & 3 that sucked last year

Another season of card captor sakura

Just not one joke man

Did we just got Ga-Rei-Zeroed with that 1st episode?

Attached: [Erai-raws] Shoumetsu Toshi - 01 [1080p] - 00_22_00.110.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

Dumb ass they did a lot recently

Attached: 23284A02-CC3A-4122-9F70-1FDD8CB186AA.jpg (742x1049, 871K)

>Another season of card captor sakura
When is this?

>Tama-shi
Hope there's some explanation coming and thus the staff told Funi not to translate that
I mean, it's "tamashii" and means "soul". Fucking funishit

We didn't see him die. By anime rules that means he's just fine.

It already happened last year

OPM was because Shingo Natsume (who was the core guy who gathered most of the people responsible for making it look good) was already busy with Boogiepop
And the production comittee didn't want to wait because they wanted to cash in as soon as possible and lessen the problem of most people forgetting and not caring if the 2nd season takes too long

Holy fucking shit this was amazing.
This is literally the first episode I had fun with this season.

Attached: ShouTo.png (1004x2704, 3.01M)

>Shoumetsu toshi having a shit adaptation

All goes just as expected

anyway, post your favorite tunes
youtu.be/LV4BYIORIAs

streamable.com/503ck

Where the hell is HS?

What is the game even about?

KEEP MOVING OOOOOOOOOON
youtu.be/gbEM2Q2-jgY

*exists*
nothin personnel kid

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Last Period - Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_16.32_[2018.05.0 (1280x720, 305K)

About jumping plataforms and dogging other shit while attacking with giant people
youtube.com/watch?v=_Irmx_E9grI

I miss these dorks

Attached: 1534330825673.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

Entire show was unironic kino. Shame a lot of people missed it because it looked like generic mobage adaptation anime from the first episode.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Last Period - Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari - 03 [720p].mkv_snapshot_22.13_[2018.04.2 (1280x720, 550K)

The game bored me to death aside for the ticc designs but I've read the anime is pretty fun

the anime is indeed, pretty fun

Based

So even Sugita can't save this shit?

This feels like the final episode of the show but I hope they expand on the MC's background or something.
Pretty abysmal 1st episode otherwise.

You should have watched the PVs and used them as a warning.

Wait, you want to tell me that JC Staff adapted from mobile game show was actually funny?
What is it, another Milky Holmes?

>this in OP of all the places
We are off to a great start lads!

Attached: [Erai-raws] Shoumetsu Toshi - 01 [1080p]-[03.28.375-03.32.504].webm (1920x1080, 2.05M)

its very 4th wall breaking and parodies RPG mechanics , its funny but not in the same sense as milky holmes's dame dames

I didn't meant literal Milky Holmes like humor. But the fact that JC Staff of all the people took a franchise looking so fucking terrible and did something great with it, is that really the case?

I don't expect anything but I will watch it for Souma.

Attached: 53831463.png (1388x1200, 920K)

Can't have high expecations when the plot rushes so much to introduce as many characters as possible in just the first episode

Yes. Show starts and ends kind of weakly but the episodes in between are absolutely brilliant.

I was already expecting that seeing the previews. The game had multiple story arcs and it seems they want to cram all into one plus also adding some popular side characters like the idols.

And I guess it's just 13 episodes long. Yeah that can't work.

Attached: 60641687_p0.jpg (1000x1882, 251K)

So it's literally just Transporter: the anime?

Attached: [Erai-raws] Shoumetsu Toshi - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.31_[2019.04.07_13.38.08].jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Well that was entertaining. I wouldn't call the show good or anything though. The vehicle chase scene was CGI but that was to be expected since hardly anyone animates vehicles anymore.

Boogiepop isn't a sequel. Phantom was just Boogiepop fanfiction.

I really don't know what to think of this.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Shoumetsu Toshi - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_14.46_[2019.04.07_16.42.57].jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Bland and boring piece of shit.

I dunno why, but I like that the girl can summon a dude who goes Gate of Guns on enemies. It's ridiculous enough to be entertaining

Still counts as them returning to a pre existing franchise

Did we watch the same thing? I mean criticise it all you want, but it was so fast and chaotic it hardly counts as boring

What a terrifying Stand

Attached: [Erai-raws] Shoumetsu Toshi - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_19.25_[2019.04.07_13.53.33].jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Lots of action with bland characters don't make for an interesting watch.

>boring
You might be retarded user

That's pretty much the game

Attached: DAK8NssV0AAQhA-.jpg (600x600, 70K)

No, but I'm pretty sure you are.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you are.

It's not a show that would make you think, anyway. It's just about a guy transporting a loli to certain location. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Worst first episode of the seasons. A lot of action but I don't give a fuck about the characters.

Fairy Gone was worse.

I'm kinda with him. The action was cool, but I 'm not really interested in anything that's going on cause nobody has any personality and there's no emotional investment into the scenes. The lack of context to explain what's happening is typical for a heavily involved sci-fi/fantasy story so I'm not holding anything against it for that, but typically after a cold open you slow things down and establish characters and give us some kind of empathetic link to them so we care when they get hurt and want them to succeed. But there was no brakes this episode, just action into dry exposition into more action into characters recapping what we already had explained into more action etc.

I'm still intrigued by the general setting but with characters this 1 dimensional I can't see it sustaining interest very long.

At least fairy gone MC was kind of cute. That alone puts it above this thing.

I prefer plain characters like this than giving them a retarded and forced template backstory.
You either do it right or you fail gloriously.
I don't have the time to watch mediocre garbage.
It's either fun and shit or fun and good. Everything else is a waste of time.

Not defending this episode but I think there may have been like only a handful of anime where I cared about the characters after only one episode.

Or what do you mean with care? Maybe we understand something different about it.

This was the peak of mediocrity. It's just empty actioner. That's all it has going for it.

>Not defending this episode but I think there may have been like only a handful of anime where I cared about the characters after only one episode.
Sure but the first episode at least should try to give the characters some basic characterization to work with. I got nothing from the episode. The MC was one of the most non-descriptive characters from all the first episodes this season, and the girl was worse. I don't have any incentive to watch even a second episode because there's nothing to them.

>I prefer plain characters like this
That's pretty sad desu. You can literally describe every character introduced in this episode with just [adjective] [noun] and that's literally their whole personality, their entire character. Yuki is "frightened child", John Protagonist (I forgot his name already) is "stoic mercenary", and so on.

When Yuki got into the van and the female scientist handed her a cup of tea and asked "do you remember me" I thought we were gonna see some actual character development but nope she just swivels back around and goes back to typing like a robot and Yuki continues to say and do nothing that would give her any defining traits as a person and not, say, a suitcase with a noisemaker in it.

Might as well just watch the clips of the action sequences, watching whole episodes is pointless since the story doesn't matter.

No show this season good characters and sitting through their retarded backstories is just a bother.
You either do it right or you don't do it at all.
If you want an empty actioner that's actually boring go watch Rerided.

>If you want an empty actioner that's actually boring go watch Rerided
Or watch this show.

No since it isn't boring at all.

Whatever flips your boat, I guess.

It's better to look at the characters so far as mere excuses to somehow estabilish the world
Maybe they will get properly developed in next 12 episodes, maybe they won't. Either way, it can be enjoyable with right approach

>No show this season good characters
I didn't say "good characters" I said personality, i.e. any character at all. These people aren't even flat characters, they're 1 dimensional, defined by a single trait and not deviating from it regardless of context. It's dull to watch. I never once said I want "good characters", I said I want some reason, literally any reason, to give a shit.

Because this is an anime trying to tell an action story, where suspense is a big part of things. There's zero tension in action sequences if I don't care who lives or dies.

Of course there is no fucking tension, that's the whole fucking point. It's retarded and the people working on it obviously didn't give a shit but that's why it's so good.

>that's why it's so good
That's some delusion.

>Of course there is no fucking tension, that's the whole fucking point.
That is some real brainlet opinion there. You might as well just watch paint dry.

Yeah man who wants to feel things while watching stuff? Shit's gay. I just want to stare vacantly into space and if there happens to be stuff exploding on the screen in front of me while I zone out then it's A+ quality entertainment.

Alright, what's a show with some actual depth this season then?
I'll be waiting.

You don't care about any of the characters? You should have followed an obscure idol group like I did

Attached: DxbD4GJUUAAYWrq.jpg (1024x522, 97K)

Again with the straw man. Nobody said anything about "depth", all I've said is I want the bare minimum of effort to tell an interesting story. It's not hard. You can do it in less than 5 minutes with only a few lines of dialogue for each character. You can also do it just by changing the way characters respond to the world around them, say, by actually making them respond to it in a varied way that makes sense instead of just the same emotion all the time like a robot programmed for one response.

I remember when watching PV, i thought that the red haired dude was the one actually shooting some shit at the scooter or something, and was basically a mid boss that will join the party.
Turns out he is a fucking emotionless discount stand. What a turnoff.

>I want the bare minimum
And that's what I don't get. I'd rather watch something abysmal and laugh about how bad it is than watch something that has the bare minimum of everything but is completely boring.
If it's half assed it's bothersome whereas a trainwreck is fun.

Garbage.
I started this with 0 prior knowledge and in the middle of it I was
>This is some bad game adaptation isn't it?

I hate when this happens.

Blue-haired girl piques my interest.
>no subs
Welp.

Look again

Never-mind. I didn't look harder.

Why does this remind me of mayoiga

Attached: 1465563355456.png (410x410, 197K)

This shit was genuinly fun, The first anime episoade of this year that i enjoyed.

DFC

Attached: [Erai-raws] Shoumetsu Toshi - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.36_[2019.04.07_15.54.30].jpg (1280x720, 462K)

Same here.

why did nobody tell me there would be a new season of lost

Attached: lost.png (1274x710, 1.12M)

Pony canyon making the generic anime music for this show instead of just using the mobile game music is a shame

I guess everytime there's a scooter chase one of the game songs will be on tho

I like the music
Especially SPR5
youtube.com/watch?v=gta-xWUsH1I

I'm getting Divine Gate feelings about this

hopefully it won't be shit

I didn't like the first episode at all, but it's not THAT bad.

Why is this anime named after a Radiohead song

Powerpoint animation.

It's literally the first episode. The premise is at least laid out and what we can expect in the future too.

It seems that the general reception to the show in Japan is positive. It was even trending at one point. I hope the show does well enough because the team wrapped up production early and I think that at least deserves to be rewarded.

I'm waiting reactions from anime-only watcher about parallel worlds

I think that's because the game is somewhat popular in Japan since it will have its 5th anniversary next month and getting some kind of turn-based RPG spin-off. Most mobile games barely survived its 1st year.

Shut up boomer. No one is interested in your mini malls or cardboard houses.

btw people calling mc the player character that's wrong. he's his own character in the game. When the scientist talk about the observer, that's who you actually are in the game.

also takuya is the mc and he dies midstory but that's way later

Never really heard much buzz around the game but I guess it has a dedicated audience.

It was a show that didn't mind taking the piss out of real life controversies, the Kemono Friends fiasco, Apple vs Samsung rivalry, even the fucking swimsuit episode poked fun at tension between North korean and the US Navy.

And boy is the gacha episode a gacha episode

I'm going to watch the second and third episode in hopes it gets better, but this was a pretty shit start. The exposition was super clunky, the transition between scenes was really jarring, and there was no characterization so I couldn't care about anything that was happening to the characters. It's got a great cast, good studio, and cool concept going for it though, so I'm really hoping they just wanted a flashy action packed first episode to hook people.

Those weren't adaptations.

he couldn't save Goblin Slayer

It was shit

And it had such potential from the synopsis.

shh let me be retarded
they were mobage ad anime , it still kinda counts

>Sugita as the MC
Dropped. I'm not going to subject myself to virgin bait.

Dropped in less than 5 minutes. What a cheap looking pile of dogshit. Wow.

Attached: 1525450145494.gif (480x480, 277K)

Who cares about that when you don't have a job and just watch anime all day? I'll gladly shovel seasonal shit into my mouth until my mom kicks me out of her basement, so don't talk to me about "characterization."

Good thing they did’nt animate one punch man

The average Yea Forumsnon isn't going to understand this shit. They watch anime for the "memes," or to masturbate. Nobody cares about story or characters on this board in 2019.

Not the same team.

i tried hard to like this but it really is just pure shit

reminds me of beatless

Plus the lady clearly has history with him..

I just realize that this show and amazing stranger are the only shows this season so far that I actively looking for threads. Other show are just bland boring and by the book anime.

So this is the madhouse anime, what a cheap show.
Atleast the directing is good.

This is a joke right?

this show seems like it will be an amazing holocaust to watch, i havent laughed this hard in a long time

>what a cheap show
Seems like a pointless statement considering how the majority of anime fits that bill.

Sugita MC will find a way.