Can western animes be anime?

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right board but I want to get Yea Forums's thoughts on it

Anime is entirely a japanese thing, the style, the audience, even the way the industry creates it... but why?
I have a bunch of questions and want to get your expert opinions on it
>why isn't anime being copied in the west? (as in why aren't we making our cartoons more like anime/our comics like mangas?)
>could it be that the reason is it's cultural and anime only works in the unique way of life in japan, meaning that the west has to fundamentally change if anime is to be a thing here?
>would you watch a western anime if it was good? (or is there something about anime being japanese that can't be inauthentic?)

Attached: the_serial_critics__avatar_season_2__updated__by_prastarkeepers-d991jy5.jpg (600x600, 69K)

O MY ENERGY BENDING

No, but they can be anime-like cartoon.

anime is anime because it's produced under tight deadlines and with shoestring budgets
western shit actually pays inbetweeners that aren't lol corean a decent wage and thus results in a different level of fluidity that isn't really as impressive when you consider there aren't retarded college dropouts bleeding themselves dry to make it happen

Oh I should mention before someone starting arguing semantics
by anime I'm talking about the style of cartooning and story writing, aside from a few clearly western things, avatar is anime

I am not referring to anime by it's literal definition of being a cartoon made in japan.
I am talking about the characteristics that make up an anime

Discussion about TLA was always on even if it is western influenced.

Korra a shit.

Yes this is what I was talking about by "the way it's made"
The entire production structure is different, how much of this influences what the end product looks like? writing decisions, art decisions, etc

anime is Japanese cartoons
No matter how much western cartoons look like anime, like Castlevania, it's not actually an anime because it isn't japanese

Unequivocally

I'm not talking about Avatar, I'm just using it as an example of the west producing an anime in it's characteristics

>by anime I'm talking about the style of cartooning and story writing
That's not what the word means. Anime is Japanese cartoons. They do not need to conform to any particular style. Avatar is not Japanese, so it is not anime. It belongs on

FUCK OFF

>animes
You need to go back...

This thread is talking about what makes anime good, not what makes cartoons bad, as such this belongs in Yea Forums and not Yea Forums

the white man does one anime, its his first time and its the best anime out there. really makes you think.

I always understood anime to just literally be animation from Jaban.

That's why shows like Pop Team Epic and Inferno Cop are still anime, even though they're not in the usual anime style.

>the west producing an anime
The West cannot produce anime by definition, fuck off.

Sekiro stole the lightning reversal

Take it easy friendo :)
Thread is getting deleted anyway.

.... I also picked Yea Forums instead of making the inverse thread on Yea Forums hoping that Yea Forums would be less retarded and actually read the thread but it seems I was mistaken

low quality bait. mention avatar with anime community. try something new.

AZULA BEST GIRL BUT TOPH BEST CHARACTER

Fuck you, my post was answering your question you shit

not for a while since mods have been asleep for hours

God why can't Tylee just fucking paralyze me and sit on my face brehs?

Why isn't zutara canon bros? Feelsbadman

Perhaps you should say Japanese styled cartoons or something to avoid confusion because the answer to the question "can western anime be anime" is obvious because western anime would be a subdivision of anime or something, so yes as you already defined it as anime.

Enjoy the offtopic shitposting thread then, still better than all the generals.

Attached: 4chan.jpg (912x512, 44K)

Word it better and try again next time then stupid.

>Oh I should mention before someone starting arguing semantics
>by anime I'm talking about the style of cartooning and story writing

lol

>>why isn't anime being copied in the west? (as in why aren't we making our cartoons more like anime/our comics like mangas?)

Too much effort, not profitable enough, SJWs run the industry so despite One Piece being the biggest thing ever, it can never be replicated here

>>could it be that the reason is it's cultural and anime only works in the unique way of life in japan, meaning that the west has to fundamentally change if anime is to be a thing here?

yes

>>would you watch a western anime if it was good? (or is there something about anime being japanese that can't be inauthentic?)

Irrelevant question since it will never happen. The western industry can't produce anything like anime because of cultural and industry differences.

Attached: tranny island.jpg (1144x644, 189K)

The west isn't copying because they can't sexualize kids and sell swimsuit figurines of them afterwards.

where is loli spammer?

Bump :)