Haruhi is actually complete garbage. There's no way people actually liked this right?

Haruhi is actually complete garbage. There's no way people actually liked this right?

Attached: 13 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Endless Eight 2.mkv_snapshot_03.52_[2018.05.18_22.25.31].jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HKGjdbCb-Cw
pastebin.com/4EHJfvNd
youtube.com/watch?v=FJvmKcq-4o4
pastebin.com/4EHJfvNd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wouldn't call it complete garbage, but I did watch through it last year
And wow I did not have a fun time (partially because what order do these episodes even go in)
I think it is mostly nostalgia and Haruhi being people's first waifu

you watch the first season in the Kyon order. It's just a better show in the kyon order, and that's the order everyone watched it in when it came out. I don't even know where the other order even came from. It's almost a joke in the show that the episodes are out of order. Why is this even a debate?

The second season sucks, no getting around that. The movie is awesome. We don't talk about nagato or w/e.

It was like one of the big anime for 2006 through 2007.

It aged like milk

Watched it last year in duband went through it in chronological order. The first 5 episodes were just exposition dumps. The endless 8 arc does wear on you and the movie arc is pretty underwhelming compared to season 1.
But both seasons do a great job to get you in the mindset to experience the movie better.

Attached: 1541972122803.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

DENWA

Yes it was complete garbage and one of the finest examples of how sales != quality.

The main arc had a pretty fantastic premise. I don't think I could ever watch season 2 again or even the episodes that were supposed to happen chronologically after Haruhi decided to wake up or whatever. Not that the island or computer club kid's apartment episodes were bad, it was actually sort of fun to piece together what was going on from those. The audience definitely gets character progression in the achronological release of season 1 like when Kyon and Haruhi are stuck in the cave. But when you know the big payoff is contained in just five episodes, the others stink of low stakes sequel. The movie was the same thing as Haruhi's arc except with Kyon. Whoever directed the movie did a great job though.

Attached: 1547374838243.jpg (900x506, 56K)

y-yeah, w-who would like Haruhi, am I r-right?

Attached: 1553883813632.png (900x1200, 660K)

I watched it two weeks ago for the first time and in chronological order. I thought the whole package was pretty damn good even if the pacing was weird in the order I watched it. Also I kinda hated asahina but I guess that's kinda the point. Either way I think its spot as one of the greats is well deserved.

I really liked it, having watched it a couple years ago. I liked picking out all the ways it influenced modern anime, and what was left behind.

Still blown away at how well they handled 3D (for the time). Still obvious but low key.

Attached: 1522893381551.png (1920x1080, 1.45M)

>start watching in Kyon Order
>episodes are seemingly randomised for the sake of it
was I memed guys?
I think I'm just gonna start from the start chronologically.

I watched it chronologically because I couldn't be arsed trying to arrange it in the broadcast order and it was fine. Retrospectively I can see how people would say that the pacing is off because the climax of season one kinda happens on episode 6 but its still works fine.

The character is shit, but everything else is fine

Most of the "SoL" episodes in S1 expand on Haruhi just as much as the melancholy arc, people just don't like them as much because they aren't full-blown fantasy episodes, but that has a purpose.

I am starting to lose faith, lads.

Attached: s3 never.jpg (900x506, 40K)

First time watching the second season, I skipped all of the endless 8 repeats, and was fine leaving it like that for a while.

Later on I rewatched the series and tremendously enjoyed watching all of endless eight, no complaints about it, and I'm thoroughly of the opinion that anyone who didn't enjoy watching all of endless eight is entitled to their perfectly valid opinions.

Disappearance still has some of the greatest scenes in anime, and even if the rest of the series was not enjoyable, I would consider it worth it for that.

(you) feel lonely, aint (you)?

You had to be there

Attached: wut.jpg (309x284, 52K)

I watched seven of the endless eight episodes. You really only need to watch as many as it takes for you to be pretty damn sick of hearing the same dialogue and beats over and over. Plays really well into the movie obviously which was a damn treat.

College Haruhi when?

Attached: College Haruhi.jpg (788x828, 246K)

I watched all of endless eight entirely for the different wardrobes. And it was worth it.

Never lose faith!

Attached: 1549768240990.jpg (1920x1080, 876K)

You must be a brainlet if you cant keep track of episodes. First thing you could have done is find a chonilogical list. Second, the series is big on seasons, oh they are at the pool and Kyon is complaining about heat, it must be summer, everyone is wearing winter clothes, must be winter.

College HaruKyon adventures OVAs where?

Attached: 021.jpg (407x1167, 320K)

Dub or sub bros?
Sugita or Freeman?

Alternate

Sub by far, dub for a rewatch maybe

Attached: 022.jpg (407x1165, 339K)

I love this little bundle of fun. As for the show, at the time there weren't many like it, it was a rollercoaster.

Attached: D3ZQchfUwAAnPLF.jpg large.jpg (1000x708, 88K)

its literal garbage, imagine watching 8 episodes with the same shit over and over and over again just for the LULZ lmao if you like this shit neck yourself

Attached: 023.jpg (407x1167, 280K)

saccharine and out of character

>out of character
Is it really?
There were few instances of Haruhi being dere and she was saccharine there. These comics are just Haruhi being 120% dere all the time.

Attached: 024.jpg (407x1167, 385K)

Very true but it's cute

Ugh I hate when people make tsunderes too dere but to each their own.

I can imagine them becoming that deredere after a while but it completely removes the tsundere tension and energy from the couple which made it fun in the first place, which is a shame. Still cute though.

Attached: 000.png (1920x1080, 2.58M)

Nope it was good you're just faggot

Season 3 when bros?

Hopefully never, they would ruin it.

There are still some situations when Haruhi gets cranky or when Kyon has sarcastic remarks.

Attached: 025.jpg (407x1167, 377K)

Spring 2019
>season 2 came as a complete surprise during a reairing
They're going to top that this season by not having a slot at all

everyone but the bassist

Attached: You can wait.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

If they tease the shit out of each other without getting married I doubt they'd drop it after it, plus it has a constructive purpose in the relationship anyway.

They're also going to go a step beyond non-chronological episodes by having the seasons be out of order. Season 5 will come next, and then we will finally get S3.

Attached: 026.jpg (407x1167, 364K)

I want to believe.

>on episode 2 of endless 8
>only now claiming it's garbage
You do seem rather upset, I could take a guess why

>Haruhi is actually complete garbage

You are simply a piece of shit heretic.

Attached: 67023.jpg (225x350, 25K)

It's not really complete garbage, it just has the Seinfeld effect where it was so successful that looking back at it now, there are series that have used similar cliches over and over and have followed similar traits to it. It certainly has its negatives, but going back in the series, it was pretty wonderful at the time (it helps that the 2000s in general had a huge amount of mediocre/shit anime and it was a diamond in the rough). The movie is still the best part of the series, though, and it's a shame that the series is stuck on eternal hiatus.

Attached: haruhi bun and kyon.jpg (872x1200, 130K)

It's a product of it's time and I think a younger audience doesn't take that into account. It certainly isn't garbage, and every work has flaws.

that needs more panels

Attached: 1514101246123.jpg (225x350, 28K)

>The movie is still the best part of the series
pleb opinion

Attached: 1411870820838.webm (1920x1080, 1.3M)

Attached: 027.jpg (407x1167, 363K)

People actually liked it.

They were sucking KyotoAnimu's dick so hard because it's THE BEST animation studio and it actually paid its in-betweeners actual living wages. Their animation was basically visual semen to the fanbase's hungry holes.

The rest of us were, and continue to be, disgusted by it. And our numbers grew.

>And our numbers grew.
Eternal September never ends, after all.

and thus was born beta uprising
we shall overcome

I watched it for the first time last week and it holds up. Holds up even without nostalgia compared to most seasonal stuff shat out these days.

You have no standards.

Attached: 1554512127004.jpg (2453x2723, 1.93M)

It was a meme anime when it was airing, and endless eight was a riot for shitposting. People remember it fondly because of memes and being q3 and on Yea Forums. Like how faggots will still be posting franxx shit in 10 years.

>n-no its objectively bad haha...
btfo

Are these threads shitting on haruhi a signal that Yea Forums is about to take a step off the stool like the rest of this fucking website?

How so? Explain to me instead of posting a pic that has pretty much no relevance.

>no relevance
It would seem you have no coherent thoughts either.

People don't hump kyo for direction, they hump it because of technical animation skill. Show webm comparing those two shows in movement and you'll see why people enjoy a well animated visual medium. Not denying your point or even disagreeing, just that your missing a key reason for why people enjoy the studio.

Fran has nothing on haruhi when it was airing. Haruhi conquered this fucking board. It's only now that the old guard is slowly leaving and terrible newfags are coming in to replace them that people are shitting on haruhi.

Yea Forums took that step 2010 latest. The past two years we've had how many twitter screen cap threads? Ctr+f "normie" and see how dead this place is in any given thread.

It's a way to keep the thread bumped and it's doing its job, relax

Attached: 1553145245250.jpg (838x597, 36K)

You don't understand my point.
Anyway, neither reached TTGL or Geass levels.

I understood your point, I took issue with comparing haruhi with fran.

Well at least you posted this one without an accompanying picture so I can assume its at least your own opinion. You really showed me. Haruhi draws from both sides of that pic so it doesn't even hold up to your own broad definitions of good taste.

Haruhi is a bad joke and I won't feed any more of your delusions.

Attached: dohs.jpg (599x321, 49K)

It's mostly praised by people who got their first ever anime boner out of Haruhi

If you wanted to talk about haruhi you didn't have to make a bait thread

Not my thread.
No, really, it's not my stupid thread but I might as well take the opportunity to shit on it for the damage it did to an entire medium.

Berserk 2017 is a bad joke. Haruhi is a good one. If you don't see this then I don't know what to tell you.

based retard

Attached: plotless moeshit.jpg (1700x2350, 747K)

Yes I'm well aware of that. It's called the 'all style, no substance' studio for good reasons.

And although an argument can be made regarding how a style is in fact nothing more than the manifestation of substance in audiovisual media you should get the point behind the message mentioned above.

Haruhi is the most prominent catalyst for the problem-solver pseudoharem (tldr literally me) subgenre, it's not necessarily of a great standard nowadays but its place in history should be recognized Also Disappearance is the only reason people cared about Kyoani after they seemed insistent on just making cgdct with well organized budgets for half a decade

>see these cute characters are now bleeding so it's good
>throw in some dutch angles, apply desaturation to mask the childish color design, some bloom here and there and voilà it's amazing
>nevermind the script being terrible who needs that anyway
Like I said, a bad joke.
Any questions?

K-On is like one of the highest selling anime of all time though.

There have always been people shitting on Haruhi
It's the original anime that got false flagged everywhere to begin with

So what was Tanigawa case? Writer block? Lack of motivation due to Haruhi becoming a national icon? What was it?

Hell, sites like Wikipedia already list the LN as complete. Is it actually over? Was volume 11 conclusive?

Attached: 1552432919986.jpg (433x650, 51K)

I finished watching the series a while ago (in chronological order because that's how the torrent I got had it, couldn't be assed to go in broadcast), and it definitely seemed like the narrative progression was off, at least in terms of character development. I can't fathom why the characters are so beloved, but then again, the general obsession with tsundere cunts is beyond me. The movie was fairly well directed, though.

It's one of those things that was kinda revolutionary in it's time but has been surpassed in quality a dozen times over.

Both are starter anime that got a meme following despite glaring flaws done by studios with large reputations. You liking one or the other because of taste or nostalgia doesn't change that.
>style
I'd say a clip show based more around direction and cuts relies more in style. Kyon relies more on technical ability. Even if they maintained the same character designs and background art ("style") it wouldn't be nearly as loved/shit posted about if it was a clipshow. If your a fan of technical animation skill, it's very much substance. Storywise, obviously it tends towards mediocre. But the image you posted is wording it's argument incorrectly. It should talk about visual direction and cuts, and even then someone could use the good direction in kyoan shows to "prove it wrong". Ie it's a image made just for shitposting, which you are well aware. It's the equivalent of "no ur mum lmao" and holds no substance. Try a VEGFRAXX shitpost next time.

Not even going to ask for a dozen, give just 5 things like Haruhi that surpassed it.

bunnygirl senpai.

>Was volume 11 conclusive?
Yes, although the series isn't over.

Also Haruhi is a masterpiece, particularly Disappearance and Dissociation

The image is wording its argument correctly and there is no amount of technical skill capable of fixing designs so thematically inconsistent they resemble coloring books for children with a contrast slider all the way to the right.

It's also not made for shitposting nor is the equivalent of 'no ur mom lmao' just because it upsets you to see a kyoto animation show in there. You could replace the images with stuff from real films and the arguments would still hold perfectly fine.

>unironically liking Gayass
Yeah, that's what I expect from brainlets who don't get Haruhi

You keep saying many other series have surpassed it, but you're not even giving concrete examples.

Attached: 1548984352550.png (472x628, 320K)

Attached: bait.webm (960x720, 680K)

i will never ever lose faith

You're life aged like milk.

I've never seen anyone who claims that back it up with examples. It's literally a meme.

I don't even know if you could say that the characters are interesting so much as how they bounce of Kyon. One of my favourite scenes is the one where Kyon almost hits Haruhi but esper dude stops him. The tension leading up to that scene is absolutely brilliant.

youtube.com/watch?v=HKGjdbCb-Cw

>see these cute characters are now having forced emotional outburst so it's good
>throw some pretentious christian imagery here and there and voilá it's a amazing
>nevermind the script being terrible who needs that anyway
two can play that game avant-teen

It mean i won't say it's garbage it's ok for kyoani but that's it really.

I watched it in the order that people here recommend you know broadcast order and that and it was still pure garbage, no, it was not funny, no ,it was not epic, it was boring, garbage mostly.

The only off char progression is movie making arc honestly, author fucked up because it's supposed to be a sequel to the first arc at first.

Nice tu quoque and ad-hom. I'm thinking we're done here now that you resorted to fallacies.
>Eva is pretentious and cute
Yup, we're done here. Good night user.

Eva is cringe trash and way more inconsistent than Haruhi even considering E8. Bye bye teen.

it was a different time.
you had to be there.

Attached: 120938909596.jpg (640x1800, 338K)

They arnt arguments, as both examples are different genres entirely. It's comparing drama to a comedy SOL. It's the equivalent of comparing 2 very different films, sure. But I've only argued about technical animation, and your opinion on color or direction wasn't once mentioned. You gloss over the point made to shitpost.
Clearly I meant as far as Yea Forums's reaction to the shows while airing you newfaggot brainlet.

Hello, reminder this is not phlebbit wit accounts and names nufren! The person you think you are replying to is not the same, and at any given time you will find multiple different people with similar or different opinions being expressed all under "anonymous". Maybe lurk moar of you can't tell typing styles to differenciate posters yet. K thanks nig

>Eva
>not pretentious

Attached: iKjVUPh.png (640x480, 441K)

EVERYONE BUT THE BASSIST

Keep dicksucking eva nigger

Attached: The Melancholy of Kuroki Tomoko.webm (960x720, 1.49M)

Based

E8 was the only good thing about Haruhi though.

That scene always makes me happy cause fuck that emotionless doll.

Haruhi is a masterpiece and no amount of shitposting will ever convince me of otherwise.

That quote proves it isn't pretentious, though.

You are a sad pathetic user
I feel sorry for you

>the aesthetic themes were just put there for aesthetic reasons
>therefore everything else is also invalid
I have hand on heart never seen anyone say they love Eva because the religious symbolism is really deep. Its just an aesthetic choice, it could have been Greek mythology, it could have been anything, that's not the point
You fags have been making this same shitty point for 20 years and still think it's a bombshell every time

Cultural awareness > sentimentalism.

I hope people are gonna rewatch all of Endless 8 for the 10 year anniversary!

Attached: Say-her-I-love-You-kyon-the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-31345077-1280-720.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Well the series was garbo but the movie was pretty brilliant.

This

WHY

Source?

Attached: 1452776601758.jpg (1920x1080, 152K)

based

What episode you mong. Im only interested in fap material not the whole anime

Not really. Isn't the premise of the comic that they're in a relationship?

You can just fuck off then

Attached: 1433685431411.jpg (984x891, 377K)

Eh, KyoAni isn't that good, it's just that the rest of Japan is dogshit in comparison*.

*Except for you know, Trigger.

The difference between art and pop is that one conveys a message (whatever that message may be) and the other is designed to appeal. These are not mutually exclusive. Art is not a measure of quality either; plenty of art pieces are terrible.

Literal brainlet here

I'm sorry but this is the gayest post i've seen all week.

Not even MC liked her. The dude had to be held down just to be stop from hitting her.

Attached: [Doki] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) - 23 (1280x720 h264 BD AAC) [465F20B0].mkv_snapshot_14.18_[ (1280x720, 72K)

This

Hm? Kyon is the ultimate tsundere and Haruhi deserves a good smack every once in a while.

The entire point of the movie was for him to realize his true feelings for her and you should know that.

My last GF liked when I smacked her while having sex.

Haruhi gives off the same energy.

Attached: g.gif (307x281, 302K)

Attached: 14.jpg (407x1166, 338K)

I am guessing you two were toddlers, or something, when Haruhi actually aired. Haruhi was, in fact, a classic, if one betrayed by a slipshod second season.

How does one fail to watch it in broadcast order? Go back to your dubbed Isekai wa Smartphone or whatever you people do with your time.

Attached: disappointedmikuru.jpg (854x480, 36K)

MOLE

it was influential, but it also happened to be trash
endless 8 is the biggest failure in TV history

I dont think you understood Endless 8. Go rewatch it and only come back when you get the point.

>n-no, you don't understand!
pathetic

>implying eva has either

>put imagery that's extremely significant for half of the world for literally no actual reason
>bro it's just for looks don't insult my favorite anime pls
retard

>"his true feelings for her"
> not his acceptance of the extraordinary
Glad you saw the movie and understood nothing at all about what was going on. His true feelings were for what he himself gained from being with the Brigade and her, not his romantic love for her, stupid.

Not to say that he doesn't like her. It's just not the point of the movie.

Argument 404.

This. The movie was a blessing because now Kyon can stop being a whiny faggot about everything and start enjoying his days as Haruhi's personal slave.

Behold, an average braindead zoomer. Go play some fortnite.

Why do people keep making these threads? I don't get it. Is it just a meme to get replies? If so then why do people keep relying? I would think it would have burned out by now. Or if it's genuine, I seriously don't understand why there seems to be such a psychological block that disables people from understanding how great this story is.
I just don't understand.

Attached: letdown2.png (453x399, 246K)

S1 broadcast has literally the same ending, just not as redundant.

Yea Forums is infested with people who were born when Haruhi was airing.

Eh, same difference.

>choosing the edgy paranormal retard route instead of confy blissfull days with the shy Literature club qt girl
Almost 9 years and Im still mad

Attached: images (8).jpg (739x415, 25K)

>no fun allowed

>chooring the plain shy girl that will get boring in two days over a lifetime of fun
literally retarded

Are you still under the naive delusion that people don't like garbage?

Kyon's no fool. Original Nagato > Alternate Nagato.

Jesus Christ how are there so many brainlets here? Chronological order is dogshit, it completely screws with the narrative and the pacing. The beauty of Haruhi S1 is watching it in broadcast order and slowly piecing everything together. You lose most of the humor and intrigue if you know right off the bat the true identities of Asahina, Nagato, Koizumi, and of course Haruhi.

All that said, S2 is trash. Movie is great though.

google is in your fucking search bar then you autist, and there's a whole /h/ and /r/ for you to use. Go make use of your resources and stop being useless.

That's apparent, always. I still don't understand why there's such a generational gap between people who like this show and people who don't. Is this phenomenon present for any other anime franchise?

Not everyone is mentally challenged like you, it should've been a real gun to make it even more satisfying desu.

This is meme bait. The show is forever cursed by having two different watching orders, one with absolutely no reason behind it.

I realized that it wasn't worth caring about after watching the anime and the movie and then reading a bunch of the ln's.
Felt like the author was losing interest fast and the developments weren't worth reading entire books for.

>S2 is trash
The first episode makes a good ova

>getting trapped into existential paradox every day or so while having to deal with the antics of a retarded girl with the worst personality ever made.
>fun
Not my fault you and Kyon have such shit taste.

>while having to deal with the antics of a retarded girl with the worst personality ever made
Harsh, I don't remember alien Nagato being that much of a bother though.

Agreed. Kyon had to go through so much shit and literal stabbings for a girl where the rare dere moments might as well have been accidental.

>antics of a retarded girl with the worst personality ever made
Fag.

Attached: 1494157054328.png (220x250, 88K)

>samefagging
Talk about pathetic.

Look at these betafaggot getting scared by Haruhi, pathetic.

Are you stupid?

So unlikable Kyon was close to beating her at one point.

>Haruhi
>Not saccharine when it comes to Kyon

Yes user, whatever your peabrain wants me to be. Now post your screenshot to show it's not actually you.

your taste is garbage

Yes, and remember the part when he also pointed a gun directly at her face? Oh wait.

Yeah, Kyon really finds Haruhi unlikable.
pastebin.com/4EHJfvNd

btfo

She's hot and he suffers from Stockholm syndrome. What about it?

the Yea Forums i knew is dead and buried

Attached: 1553631847081.jpg (800x800, 832K)

>Is this phenomenon present for any other anime franchise?
Any franchise that aired before the zoomers were born, zoomers are a lost generation, nothing good can come from a generation that's had access to high speed internet and smartphones since they were born, they're nothing but just mindless consumerist fortnite playing drones. Even a piece of shit on the boot is more valuable than a zoomer.

Reminder that Haruhi has tons of casual sex behind the scenes

I wasnt going to do it because exposing a tasteless faggot like you isnt even worth my time, but then I decided only this once I will concede this blessing to you. Faggot.

Attached: 20190407_144803.jpg (728x1203, 416K)

Yeah.
Kyon is constantly hungry beast. It takes lots of effort to satisfy him.

Attached: 5.jpg (407x1163, 353K)

All me by the way.

Attached: All me.png (1141x831, 127K)

>this user thinks the casual sex is with kyon
user, I...

>Implying a thematic holy war against a kabalistic semistic sect that secretly controls the world and are trying to destroy humanity isnt on purpose
Anno says it isnt on purpose because if he ever admits what he meant, THEY will get him.

Attached: 1500073358020.png (300x222, 27K)

Yes she casually fucks Kyon all the time. She has strong amount of desire after all.

Haruhi level of autism

Man, you're really retarded, this is hilarious.

Attached: actually, everyone's me.jpg (1374x566, 79K)

Who else would it be with?

Attached: 15.jpg (407x1165, 343K)

>pressing a button is now autism
Must be hard living with one working neuron.

random older business men she found on tinder by faking her age

Post that image of Kyon's sister going "kyon kun denwa" while he and haruhi are fucking

You are just making things up!

Attached: 16.jpg (407x1167, 362K)

>haruhi was 20 years ago

Attached: a4e.jpg (402x428, 20K)

That's Nagato's turf, I'd know since I'm a frequent client.

cope, but don't worry, she will still settle for kyon once all's said and done

Yuki (Snow)

You can wait a little longer, Can you Yea Forums? :)

youtube.com/watch?v=FJvmKcq-4o4

Bamboo leaf rhapsody is the pinnacle of the anime series

Not that I care, but why do you think Haruhi hype died, Yea Forums?

nah that's first arc's end

>replying to kyotards
You fool.

>Implying gainax-teens are any better
hilarious

I guess. It just still seems kinda alien to me that there's an entire generation totally lost to consumerism. Maybe I'm just revealing my age here and that I don't spend much time around younger people.

i watched it in middle school and liked it but i don't think i would like it much if i watched it now.

>yuru yuri
>inept
lol what a nigger

kek

i don't think eva was pretentious but underage newfags sure are

>endless love
now this is something i can get behind

Because there was nothing new for a long time.
I guess it's also mostly because there's a completely new generation of people coming here in the past couple of years that are completely removed from the generation of 00s anime. It's hard to believe but theres been very close to a whole decade of anime since Haruhi season 3 ended. I guess people getting into anime as late as 2013 or so might have reason to watch Haruhi because Disappearance was recent and still veey talked about and remembered, but at this point, Haruhi might have well been a lifetime ago. Couple that with people who have just moved on already or hurt one too many times and there isnt much left.

Compare Haruhi Hunting back in 2014 or 2013, to just a few months ago when there was a new story a couple months ago and still barely anyone (on the western side of things) cared.

Maybe I'm wrong tho

kek

I've never been so hot for Haruhi until I saw this pic right now

I agreed with you at first but then I saw everyone else's "could be deredere later on with Kyon" comments and now I don't know what to think

did you just log on

>How does one fail to watch it in broadcast order?
I watched it in chronological order because that's the order it was shown in when it was reaired for S2.

this

Not only that, Nagato did what she did because she was suffering. He condemned her to be miserable because he wanted to hang out with Haruhi.

I love his spirit but god he didn't even do it right lol shit

That wasn't Nagato

ntr fags should be shot in the street.

You won't get through him, he wants a generic bookworm that happens to look like Nagato.

At least that's still better than spin-off Nagato, fucking boring piece of shit "gamer girl". Could relate to her shit sleep though.

Not really sure what you mean. Nagato changed herself to make herself happy. I don't know if you're implying it was the thought entity that did it or something, but it wasn't, which is why Kyon had to threaten the thought entity to protect Nagato afterward.

That doesn't exist, you're imagining things.

Perhaps, but from my point of view, the characters required for those interactions to work were inherently unappealing. That very scene was one of the most irritating due to the sheer lack of self-awwareness on Haruhi's part and everyone else's constant enabling to get to that point.

Why do anons have trouble understanding something relatively simple like Haruhi? Even when the franchise stops being subtle and spells out stuff for them (Disappearance) some are still missing the point.

First three animus I ever watched were EVA, Cowboy Bebop, and Haruhi. I feel like it set me on the right track

>you'll never see an animation studio go completely mad with power again

Attached: psyduck.jpg (480x480, 18K)

Maybe not in the same way but Kadokawa obviously went pretty fucking mental with how they handled KF.

they are npcs that can't analyze the series beyond hurr haruhi bad person!

They are yukifags (betas.) Ignore them.

I can analyze that Mikuru should have won the Kyon-bowl.

no

Yes. The only thing stopping her was Haruhi's unknowing threat to the universe if she made a move.

pastebin.com/4EHJfvNd

Threadly Reminder that Kyon is god and you guys are all clueless sheep.

My mom actually bought the entire anime series just because she saw the dance years ago.

based

she also agrees that the endless 8 arc is fucking terrible, which was actually worse then I thought it would be.

Am I the only one who ever thought that Kyon's sister was actually Mikuru?

Attached: kyons_little_sister.jpg (225x225, 11K)

It's not that she was changing herself to become happy. She was changing herself so she could feel sad, and be free. Does alternate Nagato look happy to you? Living a solitary life, surrounded solely by books? Alternate Nagato is the manifestation of all the real her's weaknesses, as originally Nagato is pure strength, competence and duty. It's clear that, whatever her intentions, she didn't create a world in which she was happy. Merely, she created a world in which she could be weak and unburdened, free to act and feel. That's not the real Nagato; those actions are a product of desperation, hopelessness and a desire to save Kyon. It wouldn't make the real Nagato happy, it would just create an entirely different person who had a happiness divorced from one the real Nagato could feel.

Obviously, Kyon couldn't let that happen. So he changes the world back, and from then onwards works tirelessly for the happiness of the Nagato he knows. Alternate Nagato is not the real Nagato in his eyes, that much is clear. She lacks all the fundamental qualities that make Nagato admirable to him. Like Kyon, you shouldn't consider them the same either. Alternate Nagato is a facet of her despair, not what she truly wished to be.

>le Kyon is the real reality warper
Thanks for the input Reddit.

Well put. It's also worth noting that alt Yuki isn't without flaws, remember when Asakura said that she was the result of Yuki's choice? Meaning that Yuki was willing to resort to violence (stabbing Kyon) in her escape.

Ultimately, Disappearance Yuki holds value because it's how Yuki expressed herself, not how she exactly wanted to be. And Yuki is the one who puts an end to this in later LNs, growing as herself and not the way she projected herself in a moment of weakness and loneliness. A much more organic growth than her turning into her artificial human self.

>Merely, she created a world in which she could be weak and unburdened, free to act and feel.
Exactly, because she was miserable. To give you an idea of how miserable, her power caused her to repeat Endless Eight over fifteen thousand times. Two weeks, over and over again for six hundred years, chained to the whims of Haruhi. Almost everyone would kill themselves long before that happened. She rewrote the universe so things like that didn't happen anymore and left the final decision up to Kyon because she wanted him to be happy more than anything else. Kyon disregarded all of her feelings so he could live life with Haruhi. Was she living a modest life surrounded with books in her universe? Yes. Is that better than what she went through as a puppet for the thought entity that had to suffer through Haruhi's shit? Absolutely.

She was only feeling bad because nobody paid attention to her. Dealing with Haruhi's power was merely the setpiece for this. She needed Kyon et al to notice her, not erase Haruhi's powers. So she created the setting in which she'd be noticed by the only one she trusted.

Later LNs expand on that and her growth after Kyon's threat to the data entity. It's much more than the alt world.

Is it worth reading the LN? Or is it just that kind of thing you start doing because its good but then it gets bad but you still do it because you are way past the point of no return?

It's pretty great overall, although it has some slow parts, others show really interesting character growth for the main cast (even the randos get some love in the later ones).
Most of the stories from this point are better than what the anime covered, but I do miss Kyoani's touch while reading them. That's why we desperately want a S3.

Tldr it's very good especially if you care for the characters and their growth, and ends on a high note, but Tanigawa is a cunt for not making a sequel.

Based.

2006 Kyoani was the best. They started to suck hard after K-On took off.

Thanks, guess I will try and give it a shot. I've never red a LN before, Haruhi seems to be an ok one to start off.

So, is Kyon god or not?

>Haruhi is actually complete garbage.
correct.

>There's no way people actually liked this right?
The animation is better than it's contemporaries. Also people like terrible shit, it's nothing new.

If he is and he clearly wants to fuck Haruhi, how come she never showed up on his bed naked and willing?

>but I do miss Kyoani's touch while reading them
Kyoani's "touch" is long gone from pretty much gone already

>I have hand on heart never seen anyone say they love Eva because the religious symbolism is really deep.
Liar.

Does anyone have a download link for all the translated LNs? I lost them last time my HDD crashed.

Madokami

It's still worse than having Kyon work to make the ACTUAL her happy in the ACTUAL universe by ACTUALLY acknowledging the sadness she's always felt. Erasing her character by drowning in the misery she was not allowed to feel is what she did, and it was nothing more than her cry of "save me". Which is exactly what he did. He saved the actual Nagato by rejecting her misshapen fantasy of her own despair and bringing her back to reality with her wellbeing in the forefront of his mind. He acknowledged that it was his reliance on her that brought her despair, and has done everything in her power to mitigate that.

> Kyon disregarded all of her feelings so he could live life with Haruhi.

Shut the fuck up lol. It's like you're some shipper faggot who speedwatched the movie or something.

You're goddamn right. Perfect insight.

kek

It does hold up and it is more "artistic", as defined by that over-simplified pic, than most moe-shit made today. Anons are just seething in this thread and posting their bait because they can't accept that Kyoani is so good at BOTH pandering and being creative. Suck it up you faggots, sometimes studios create a solid in-between. you are a fucking retard though if you think Kyoani excels at this more than other studios.

I find it funny that Yuki's most interesting developments, like the love letter, or her straight up giving random advice to Kyon in Intrigues, wouldn't happen or have any meaningful weight in the Disappearanceverse (if some Yukifags had their way)

You refuse to understand that people that place artistic direction and well written stories above raw technical skill do not give a shit about kyoani in the first place.

She has development in Haruhiverse because she has most of herself restricted by the singularity, which isn't the case in the Disappearanceverse. Nagato in the Disappearanceverse is what she would have been if she was a regular girl instead of a near-god. Developments there aren't as dramatic, which isn't a bad thing. It's like saying you'd like to have your mind shackled by AI just so you can have amazing developments when you're able to think for yourself occasionally.

My point is that she'd be a mostly static character in the Disappearanceverse, with pretty generic developments (slowly overcoming her shyness and opening up to Kyon probably)

Haruhi is too good for Kyoanus anyway. Kyoani stopped being good around the 2010s

Yea true but that irritating feeling is kinda the point. Kyon has been dealing with this shit for days. Everyone is an enabler of this lone child syndrome piece of shit and your the only person there who voices their opinion. That scene builds on the frustration we feel empathising as Kyon because he's the only one we really can empathising with as he actually shows emotion that and the music is designed to raise the tension along with the use of Dutch angles and close ups.

Imagine asking her if she took her pill and hearing back "classified information."

>My point is that she'd be a mostly static character in the Disappearanceverse, with pretty generic developments (slowly overcoming her shyness and opening up to Kyon probably)
Sure, that makes for a more boring show, but I'm talking more meta than that. As in, what would have actually been better for Nagato. A girl living a normal life with her getting over her shyness as an accomplishment isn't bad. It just is in the context of a TV series, like how Now and Then; Here and There would be less boring without all the child soldiers and rape, but the characters would obviously be better off.

Feels like the whole movie arc was a needed setup to make Haruhi more frustrating as a person. Otherwise Kyon's conflict during the movie would be too one-sided

Stop posting until you stop asking stupid questions like that.

>The tension leading up to that scene is absolutely brilliant.
I was still mad afterwards because Haruhi learned nothing, was still a cunt, and everyone still enabled her. It may as well never have happened and would have been more interesting if Kyon actually punched her in the face. At least then she might have freaked out and tried to end the world or something.

>Haruhi learned nothing, was still a cunt, and everyone still enabled her. It may as well never have happened
I'll give you the benefit of doubt that either you haven't watched it in years or that you got so passionate about it that you didn't want to pay more attention than the strictly needed to finish watching it.

It has been a long time, but I think you're being disingenuous about your response. Haruhi never apologized to Mikuru for drugging her, trying to get a guy to sexually assault her while she was drugged, and she never started treating Mikuru better. Everyone did still enable Haruhi after that, and she still took advantage of all of them for her own selfish reasons.

That and to provide some space between the movie and the endless eight. But yes I can see how they'd want to make the decision tougher for Kyon. They needed to re introduce just how nasty and overbearing Haruhi can be when she's left unchecked.

>They needed to re introduce just how nasty and overbearing Haruhi can be when she's left unchecked.
Not like they didn't just have eight solid episodes of her putting the universe in a loop just because she wasn't completely satisfied with how summer vacation went.

Don't speedwatch. You're only right that Haruhi never went and apologized to Mikuru, but to be fair the responsibility was shared (Tsuruya was the one who put the alcohol, and agreed to it) and Kyon kinda overreacted (a punch was absolutely overkill). Remember that it was a diluted drop of sake, not drugs or anything.

The episode that comes right after this one is Live Alive, in which Haruhi goes out of her way to help random strangers because she could relate to them, and even after helping them she felt bad because she thought she did do well enough for them.
Mikuru absolutely likes her time in the brigade, as shown by future Mikuru. Haruhi did go too far one or two times (mostly the movie), but that's about it.

Of course, the anime didn't go too far after the movie arc so there's not much time to see how Haruhi develops, but even the concert episode should be a good hint that she's becoming a very caring and gentle person, as shown by many later events.

She didn't do that consciously so nothing there makes her overbearing. If anything, E8 makes Haruhi look like a good person, showing that she cares a lot about the others. It could have been anything other than homework, she was just really happy to share an experience with the others, especially one that she wasn't the one to choose from a list and dragging people into it.

Yea but that wasn't intentional so its hardly intended to show how mean she can be. It was a good show of her power and I guess also showed how she actually cared for Kyon but that's about it.

Because it's always the same thing with people like you.
>Haruhi never apologized to Mikuru for drugging her, trying to get a guy to sexually assault her while she was drugged, and she never started treating Mikuru better.
Please do point out when was she treated anywhere near like that after the festival. It's a fair thing to expect an explicit apology but her behavior towards Mikuru has been way better, her actions show that Mikuru isn't seen as a toy anymore but if what you're looking for is an explicit "i'm sorry" you're reading the wrong series, basically everyone at some point prefers to shut something up and instead let the other catch up by themselves, and let's not forget that apologizing in itself's pretty hard already, forget about apologizing for something that you were so full of pride doing before.
>Everyone did still enable Haruhi after that, and she still took advantage of all of them for her own selfish reasons.
Same point as before, you keep saying that she hasn't changed but you basically brought up the events before and during the movie filming, you blinded yourself at anything that wasn't bad that she did, if any.

And before you jump at the other guy's throat, I'm someone else.

>You're only right that Haruhi never went and apologized to Mikuru, but to be fair the responsibility was shared (Tsuruya was the one who put the alcohol, and agreed to it) and Kyon kinda overreacted (a punch was absolutely overkill). Remember that it was a diluted drop of sake, not drugs or anything.
It doesn't matter that she convinced her enablers to help her. It also doesn't matter that it was only sake. Mikuru was visible intoxicated from what they did and she wouldn't have been okay with what was happening if she was sober. No, punching Haruhi is not an overreaction for that.

>Mikuru absolutely likes her time in the brigade, as shown by future Mikuru.
She likes hanging out with Kyon. She's only there with Haruhi because it's her job. Yes, I'm sure she can forgive Haruhi's actions after a decade or so, but if Kyon wasn't there it'd just be a story of some girl bullying another one.

>She likes hanging out with Kyon. She's only there with Haruhi because it's her job.
Not really, that's your headcanon. The brigade's relationship is a lot closer to a regular friends group/family than what the scifi premise make it sound like. Mikuru does like Haruhi, despite Haruhi going too far like maybe 2 times.

>No, punching Haruhi is not an overreaction for that.
Should've punched everyone then, remember that she said "it's said that alcohol helps actors' anxiety/nervousness" and the rest went along with her wishes, and I repeat, wishes, not orders.

>She likes hanging out with Kyon
Seriously, you're just ignoring what every character says at this point but expect them to say other things too. She legitimately felt that way towards everyone.

>The brigade's relationship is a lot closer to a regular friends group/family than what the scifi premise make it sound like.
And that's your headcanon. Do you think Mikuru would have stayed in the club if Kyon wasn't there and her job didn't require it? I don't.

Also, the "MIkuru is mine" line was just brought by conflict. Haruhi obviously doesn't believe that. Is it still bad? Yeah. Unredeemable? Hell no, that's basically a shitty prank gone wrong, fueled by the fact that everyone kept enabling the girl during this arc. Once Kyon stepped in, things got in line again and for about the rest of the series (including the LN), Haruhi only does good and puts her friends' wellbeing much above her own interests.

Sighs is the second book in the series, it works a a sequel to melancholy but kinda falls apart when it's too late in the chronology, no wonder Kyoani ditched it in S1.

>Do you think Mikuru would have stayed in the club if Kyon wasn't there and her job didn't require it? I don't
At first? Maybe not. Haruhi was at her worst at the time, after all, her two low points are the Melancholy and Sigh arc.
After she started getting to know everyone? She's enjoying it, at first with some distance between her and Koizumi (because of their work), but eventually they all grow closer.

The brigade being like a family isn't my headcanon, it's pretty much how Surprise resolves

>The brigade being like a family isn't my headcanon, it's pretty much how Surprise resolves
Hell even Disappearance's end is pretty explicit at that, all the members taking turns to watch over Kyon even if it falls a bit into the cliché of not showing parents anywhere.

I actually agree with you kind of on this point. It would be extremely out of character for Haruhi to apologise. We know that much by now. The whole point of the show is that sometimes she's insufferable and sometimes she sympathetic. There wouldn't be much of a show otherwise. The general trend for the show seems to indicate her softening a bit due to Kyons influence but the movie arc shows a pretty clear regression which the brigade and Kyon must overcome. I think its makes her character arc overall more interesting that they did this and it leads better into the movie.

The brigade is a family and Haruhi is an abusive parent. Works pretty well for me.

I might agree with that if it was any character other than Kyon. I'd expect Mikuru and Nagato to want to watch over Kyon. I'd obviously also expect Haruhi to watch over Kyon. And I'd expect Koizumi to watch over Kyon because Haruhi wants that. But I don't think Haruhi would have slept in the hospital over Mikuru, Nagato, or Koizumi.

Sure it'd be out of character, because her character is a cunt.

This is probably the best description.

Imo it's a good thing that Haruhi could regress as a person because the setting lead her to it (everyone enabling her during the arc and the whole movie thing giving her somewhat of a god complex). It makes her behavior in Live Alive, Someday in the Rain or the movie stick out more in comparison.

But to be fair, the moment Haruhi clearly becomes a genuinely good person is the ending of Intrigues when she shows what they've been up to. At this point there's pretty much no denying how far she's come from the self-centered asshole she was at the beginning.

You can attribute that regressions to jealousy, not only in the usual way but also Kyon's the first person she made a significant connection with in years, and thanks to her not-so-brilliant plan of putting people through a lot of loops to make a movie she wants to make, he starts paying attention to someone else, so she, consciously and unconsciously, started lashing at the target of Kyon's attention, at the expense of isolating everyone but them from the others. That's why Kyon went mad after Koizumi pulled his punch, she kept on blabbering and he knew that if she kept at it she'd end up completely isolated again. For fucks sake he spells it out, it was the equivalent of a shounen punch to make the current antagonist a rival or something, couple with some anger too.

>But I don't think Haruhi would have slept in the hospital over Mikuru, Nagato, or Koizumi.
Probably not but she would still care about the others. She has a slightly stronger connection with Kyon of course but she learned to care about other people as well over time.

>But I don't think Haruhi would have slept in the hospital over Mikuru, Nagato, or Koizumi
Of course she would. Hell, she does in later novels, multiple times.

To be fair, the Sighs conflict wasn't about jealousy, Haruhi wasn't feeling insecure but wild instead. But yeah, the reason Kyon got so mad to the point of punching her was also because he wanted to set her straight because he genuinely cared for her and didn't want her to become a lone cunt

Well at least you aren't pretending to have a point anymore, if you weren't trolling I hope this makes it so you start actually paying attention from now on.

Yes, at first it was, but remember that whenever she made Mikuru make something dumb that ended up making her feeling embarrassed, wet, [insert your fetish here], he went and dropped everything to console Mikuru. That's when she started scalating things and of course there were no breaks until shit almost got to the no-return point.

Yea I'd agree with you. It was a combination of jealousy and her being even more enabled than usual. Just another issue caused by her failure to communicate and ill thought out plans.

Let me spell it out for you because you can't read apparently. Haruhi was a cunt in the beginning of the anime and she was a cunt at the end of the anime. She only cares about Kyon, which is why she was fine with killing all of them by rewriting the universe as one that only she and Kyon were in. By trying to excuse her actions you are a dumb Haruhifaggot.

You can't apply that to anime, if it was good then its good now.

Doesn't that happen in episode six of season one though? While I absolutely agree with you that she's a cunt at the start its hardly fair to judge her at the end of the series by season one standards?

Reminder that Haruhi
>went out of her way to help randos pull a concert despite not knowing the songs and only having limited time to learn it, and after that felt bad because she thought she could have helped them more
>slept in Kyon's hospital room for 3 whole days
>cancelled her snow fun day in order to stay with Yuki because she wasn't 100% sure Yuki was healthy after a cold the day prior
>made an elaborate scheme spanning multiple days so the girls could give the boys valentine chocolate and show their appreciation in the most satisfying way possible
>kept asking Kyon about Nagato's wellbeing to the point of almost being paranoid, because Disappearance made her feel something was off
>didn't give a shit when Kyon's childhood friend showed herself out of nowhere and started acting like a cunt, while Kyon himself lost his cool and told her to fuck off
>befriended a random classmate and went out of her way to help her for cat-related problems
>created a person to protect everyone without having to acknowledge supernatural and shit

>Haruhi was a cunt in the beginning of the anime and she was a cunt at the end of the anime. She only cares about Kyon, which is why she was fine with killing all of them by rewriting the universe as one that only she and Kyon were in.
Holy shit imagine being this much of a retarded speedwatcher

>point that was already confronted and didn't bother to address
Yes, unlike you I can read and already asked you to point out her cuntiness after the movie, and you've failed to provide anything more than " I think ". If you want any other response from me you'll have to go back and address at least one of them with something out of the novel or the anime, not just your delusions.
>By trying to excuse her actions you are a dumb Haruhifaggot.
Not excusing you damn troglodyte, what I'm arguing is your
>might as well not happen because it's the same
shows that you didn't bother paying attention.

Yeah, sure. I'm just pointing out to the extent that she didn't care about them in the beginning. She hasn't gone far beyond that in the end, which is why she was okay with trying to date-rape Mikuru towards the end of S2. Haruhifags like to pretend she had some sort of grand revelation after that and became a good person, but that's bullshit, which is why there's actually weight to Kyon's decision in the movie.

If anyone was a speedwatcher it's the person who thinks Haruhi isn't a cunt.

>If anyone was a speedwatcher it's the person who thinks Haruhi isn't a cunt.
see

>She only cares about Kyon
See Most of those aren't even about Kyon.

You can also add that one time when she literally created a scapegoat for the fictional murder so no one she knows would have to be involved.

>towards the end of S2
Man you're retarded, seriously. You should get that looked.

I think my abusive parent analogue holds up pretty well. Her godly power is parental power. The others enable her apart from Kyon who chastises her ( for good reason) while the rest of them try to stop him for fear of retribution. She also switches between abusive and sympathetic pretty consistently although she does become better over time due to Kyons influence.

It's not surprising to me that a Haruhifag like you can't express himself.

Either way I think we can all agree that the fact people can still argue about Haruhi character ten years after the fact is a testament to how good the show is.

Yes, yes, keep crying. Must be pretty hard on you being a brute that can't read something longer than two lines.

>parent analogy
Doesn't really hold up. A parent holds power and responsibility over the child. Haruhi is just as young and confused as the people she's around, and her powers are subconscious.

It's actually pretty simple, Haruhi is about two people being lost in life, Haruhi because she felt like she had to be unique or there wouldn't be value in her life, and Kyon who felt ashamed of his past and tried to fit as much as he could. Those two sides of the coin come each with their flaws, Haruhi starts as self-centered and egotistical while Kyon avoids getting involved and can't bring himself to appreciate what he feels is improper. And as the series goes on, both solve these flaws, with Haruhi becoming much more caring, Kyon a lot more proactive.

Eventually, they even somewhat switch sides. Haruhi is the one who refuses supernatural. She wishes to search for it with her friends. It's about wonder and creativity, not being a snowflake. Meanwhile, the jaded Kyon has opened up to all of this and admits that he'd actually like to see supernatural. Both help each other grow, and then their group unity does too. It's a coming of age story, that ends with college.

Sure. I think S1 is great, S2 is mediocre, and the movie is a masterpiece. While I don't like S2, I do acknowledge that it being controversial causes a lot of the discussion.

And a testament to how much Kyon's final line hurt

Attached: let me eat this.png (850x1181, 1.01M)

>A parent holds power and responsibility over the child.
Haruhi holds a lot of power over the brigade. Most of their actions are decided by how she would feel about them, similar to how a child might decide whether to do something if their abusive parent was going to beat them with a belt or not.

She doesn't know about it though.

You don't have to be aware you're abusive to be abusive.

What you're describing is like a parent hitting their child and thinking it's justified and good education.
The power Haruhi holds over the brigade is simply her going to sleep while giants fuck up alternate spaces.

I want to re-experience all of Endless 8 with Yea Forums again. And I feel so bad for all the newfag cancers who did not.

Attached: 1480011037747.jpg (259x206, 13K)

She develops you brainlet, later on she's more of a leader than a dictator, for example she "delegates" some of her "power" to other members (Koizumi being vice-president) or makes "sacrifices for the club (offering herself as the reward in the video game match). She acts a lot more horizontally with other people over time compared to the early episodes where she called the SOS members after fucking numbers and fiction tropes

No, the power Haruhi has over the brigade is them deciding to do something or not based off whether she likes it. It doesn't matter what causes it, just that her actions are controlling them. She isn't consciously aware of it, but her subconscious desires cause her to be abusive.

I think an bratty elder sibling would be closer, even more when you take into account that a lot of things kids do are done without considering the consequences, sometimes they don't even know nor weigh what could happen, they just want to do a thing and if they've got little underlings under their control, god help them.

>them deciding to do something or not based off whether she likes it
She doesn't manipulate them or shape them with her powers. The reason they sometimes enable her too much (except for Kyon) is because of the whole giant stuff which I evoked earlier.

>that "my one and only leader" line in Surprise will never be voiced
WHY TANIGAWA

Attached: 1550285858793.png (685x600, 927K)

I wouldn't say age has much to do with being an abusive parent or an abusive person. She may not hold responsibility over them but due to her strong personality she pretty much dominates everyone in the brigade. She was the one who brought them all together pretty much against their will because of the power she holds. I'm sure they would have much preferred not having to deal with that shit everyday at least at the start. Pretty sure Koizumi says this a couple times to Kyon about how he and the other brigade members wouldn't exist without her kinda like a parent. They are both afraid and grateful to Haruhi for existing.

>She doesn't manipulate them or shape them with her powers.
What? Her powers gave them supernatural powers and forced them into contact with her. They met Haruhi because Haruhi wanted to meet an esper, an alien, and a time traveler. She unconsciously manipulates their actions even more than that because they wont do anything that will upset her. For example, Mikuru makes it clear she wont make a move on Kyon regardless of her feelings for him because she knows Haruhi would destroy the universe or something along those lines.

It's like a worse Seinfeld where you had to be there to understand why it was great unlike everything else that came after it and was influenced by it

That's related to the whole scifi/god thing. Since Haruhi is some sort of god, they're "underlings" working to please her. That's the premise of the series, but eventually it shifts to a more regular highschool coming of age story as the threat of Haruhi going bonkers fades away.

What I mean is that the doesn't shape their thoughts and make them NPCs with her powers. They act differently because they know her frustration could make her create celestials and all.

When I first saw this thread it was 20/5. I come back after 2 hours to find that you people actually fed this guy.

the writer seems to have lost faith
should we still?

They were different times user. Nobody knew any better.

Actually just enjoying a nice Haruhi discussion for the first time since months. Gotta rewatch it someday.

Attached: 1535244347765.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Beats the usual threads to be honest.

Finally a quality thread...to bad OP is a faggot

I mean if you don't see how there's a link between the idea of a god and it's creations and parent and children then I guess your just not gonna see it.

If DMC did it, can Haruhi do it?

Attached: 10 YEARS.gif (538x466, 389K)

I mean he technically lost because we're actually having a decent in depth discussion of the series. I wish more threads were like this.

>What I mean is that the doesn't shape their thoughts and make them NPCs with her powers. They act differently because they know her frustration could make her create celestials and all.
I don't really get what you mean by that considering she literally made Koizumi into an esper and gave him a job. If that's not directly shaping him then you've got a really weird bar for that shit. You could even make a case for the mind altering because Yuki probably exists as a result of her as well.

Fucking newfags. OP was obviously aiming for this from the start. It's not the first bait thread that ended in nice discussion.

Attached: 1534831277054.png (1982x576, 906K)

use wait

You will never understand how obnoxious that time period was for someone that wasn't watching the series at a time when you couldn't filter threads.

Hardly, I've been in a good amount of threads made by the same guy with variable results.

>esper powers
>Yuki existing
That's not mind altering.
The god situation isn't absolute. Haruhi is a girl with reality bending powers, not some sort of higher being who shapes her relationships with reality bending powers. Whenever something happens because of them, the results are material and can be easily isolated (closed spaces, talking cats...)

In a way I can relate to that. Has it ever happened to you to really dislike something that everyone seem to love and praise? It certainly happened to me.

I think those that make these threads in some part seek some kind of validation that they aren't completely abnormal, in other word they seek other people that will tell them "yes you are not the only one that think this is shit."

Another part is probably just trying to instigate people to tell them what is so great about the work in question and that they might have missed.

>not some sort of higher being who shapes her relationships with reality bending powers.
Except for the part where she met an esper, alien, and time traveler because of her powers. I get what you're saying about her lack of ability to control free will, but she does have some ability to do it, and has. Mostly it's just her making things happen because she wants them to happen, people still have some free will along the way but they're railroaded on a path towards a predestined outcome.

The screencap shows that it's bait for Haruhi discussion, a low-effort guy who just hated the thing would grab the first picture from google (yeah, that one) to make the thread

based op

I won't, and I believe you my fellow veteran have no words to describe it. I raise my kyuunyuu for it. Heil!

Attached: mio030.png (560x700, 238K)

It's almost like some people actually want to discuss things they like and don't really care about what OP wants. Now stop meta-shitposting.

She doesn't control free will. Could she? Maybe, but the series never shows her doing it. If you see a red traffic light, you don't cross the road, but that's not the traffic light controlling your free will, that's just you avoiding to get hit by a car. Haruhi's god powers are the red light.

Those aren't the same people at all. But yeah, that's what OP wants.

>Tanigawa releases LN12 while S3 is being released
>LN14 concludes the series and is released alongside a new movie
>Tanigawa apologizes for having been a deadweight

Attached: 1527166861668.png (240x262, 91K)

Op is Haruhi and the rest of us are Kyon with a raised fist.

>free will
>implying it exists

Is this a question?
I like Crispy Freeman, but the dub voices for the girls are trash, the odd exception of a good voice in your native language doesn't make up for the fact that most dub voice actors are still shit.

Yuru Yuri is the highest IQ show in that image

Attached: 1424733989100.jpg (265x209, 27K)

>If you see a red traffic light, you don't cross the road, but that's not the traffic light controlling your free will,
No, but if a meteor falls on the road causing you to go a different direction because that's where Haruhi wants you to end up, then she is effectively controlling your free will. Of course, it's not perfect control, you could always turn around and go home. But it's possible Haruhi will keep throwing roadblocks in your way until you end up where she wants. And even if she doesn't, she might just get mad and start subconsciously destroying the world with golems. If you're aware that she will start destroying the world, and you're aware of what she actually wants, then you'll probably do it even if it's something you don't want. I suppose it's not accurate to say she controls free will, but constrains it.

>yfw this scene

Attached: 1534265124057.png (1000x1000, 545K)

Yes. That's kind of the conflict at the start of the series. Eventually the characters relationships become genuine, but at the start they're pretty much doing their jobs.

She conditions her surroundings just like any person with a bit power would, really.

willpower*

Maybe. Because of the subconscious nature of her powers we don't really know how often she's exerting them. For example, during Live Alive she wants to help people. If there were no people to help it's possible her powers created the situations that she helped in. In other words, Haruhi could have subconsciously injured the guitarist for the band so she could substitute in and play.

Possible, but it'd go against what the scene went for (showing Haruhi being able to care for strangers)

Seems like a little bit of a stretch given how much Koizumi mentions she has a pretty decent grasp of reality and there's no mention of her explicitly stating she'd like to play in a band.

If she actually wanted to care for them then her powers would have unconsciously created a situation where they weren't in trouble in the first place.

I'm not saying she explicitly wanted to play in a band. I think she wanted to show off for Kyon, which is why he was in the audience. Her powers created that scenario.

All I'm saying is that unless she explicity states she wants something and then it happens we have no proof that its due to her influence.

>If she actually wanted to care for them then her powers would have unconsciously created a situation where they weren't in trouble in the first place.
So Haruhi actually doesn't give a shit about dying kids in Africa because she didn't will food for them?
You're vastly overestimating the number of times she actually used her powers. Everytime she does, it's shown and very clear, talking cat and stuff like that.

Nah that's retarded because we know that Haruhi's sense of reality is too strong to alter the real world in a very substantial way, let alone people's minds.

You watch the show for Kyon and Nagato, stupid.

I think the only time in the series she messes with peoples minds is the endless eight arc and even that is a side effect of a time loop.

Of course. Speculation is part of any series, not everything is explicitly stated. I'm just taking what we know, that Haruhi's power's bend reality around her to fit what she wants, and using it to explain one possible scenario in the show.

Well yeah, if Haruhi cared about starving kids in Africa then reality would bend and the problem would be solved.

user, she created a talking cat. Not everything in her mind is rooted in reality. My understanding of her powers is that if she wants something enough then the world shapes to it.

How can four panels make me feel all these emotions all at once? God fucking dammit.

Attached: 1503435029654.jpg (388x372, 64K)

You're being dumb at this point. The series never implied this, actually it's always the opposite. In the end, Haruhi is a person rooted in reality that happens to unconsciously bend reality in very specific occasions (that cease to happen midway during the series too), not some sort of higher god.

Kyon is also an enabler, too. Not to the same extent as the others, because he voices discontent and opposition, but rarely follows through with action, and that's ultimately because he prefers troublesome excitement over monotonous normalcy. That's not wrong by any means, particularly in the thematic context, but in particular the specific case of Haruhi, considering her demeanor and general lack of self-awareness, doesn't agree with me. It's not like Kyon's decision is unrealistic or unreasonable, but rather hard to sympathize with in his specific conditions.

this show is any good?

>user, she created a talking cat.
As an extremely excepcional result in her worst moment, that doesn't mean it's common, let alone later on where her sense of belonging is much stronger.

heh

>The series never implied this
I'm not really sure what you mean by that. Maybe in the LNs she stops shaping the world as much, but I can't speak to that. In the anime you see it explicitly happening at least up through the Sigh arc (e.g. changing bird colors).

It's possible her powers stop going on autopilot as much as she gets more comfortable. However, I don't think she has reached that level of comfort during Live Alive.

It stopped talking pretty fast too. Sad.

>However, I don't think she has reached that level of comfort during Live Alive.
She pretty much does, the problem with sighs again is this

Haruhi worked by putting memes in every season.
>S1: Random ep order, Hare Hare Yukai
>S2: Endless 8
KyoAni made Haruhi what it was.

Then explain why Disappearance is the most liked when it's a pretty straightforward adaptation.

It came after the first two.
That was the easiest question I've ever been asked.

Haruhi's powers play off her strong sense of whimsy rather than what she rationally decides is desirable. Those whims are essentially omnipotent, limited by the fact that they are whims rather than a harnessable power.

But everyone hated E8 retard, Disappearance worked because Kyoanus stopped memeing and even then people were scared.

I agree with that he's an enabler too but you have to understand that in the context of her power. Do you blame the people around Kim Jong il for not chastising him everyday? That's a one way ticket to getting killed. Especially when everyone else around is actively telling you not to do it and in Koizumis case physically stops you. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place and at his wits end when he attempts to hit her.

the movie is genuinely a masterpiece. the first two seasons are mainly just character development and world building so the impact of the movie hits that much harder. there’s not a single scene in that 3 hour run time that feels like bloated fluff, it’s all rich, intense, and emotionally draining. and it’s beautiful. also, kyon is the best girl in the series soooo

>But everyone hated E8 retard
Except, I didn't say Haruhi worked because people liked it or that it was good.
It worked because it drew attention to people, maybe retards like you who sperged out about E8 caused other people to check it out. Those were KyoAni decisions and not the LN's

>But everyone hated E8
Not him but the E8 DVDs still sold fine so I'm not sure how many nips actually hated it.

*Yur

This

Attached: 1524166270152.jpg (2400x3900, 2M)

It works because it was executed well.

>It worked because it drew attention to people,
Except many people stopped caring because of it, kyoanustard

>Kyoanustard
Oh I see what's going on.
Here's a (you)

Can somebody post the comic where Haruhi confesses to Kyon and he rejects her

In the larger picture, Kyon has always had the option of walking away. He could have dumped the issue of managing Haruhi onto the other three, or alternatively set himself up as a stronger oppositional figure when they first met, and the risk of the world ending was not entirely well defined. But for Kyon, it was never really about that risk in the first place, and going along with Haruhi's troubles is what he wanted. He's not enabling out of fear of Haruhi's potential wrath, he's enabling because ultimately the fun is worth the trouble in his eyes. At first I considered Stockholm syndrome, but it seems more like he was that way from the beginning, possibly by Haruhi's design.

I get what your saying. He could technically walk away at any time but once he starts caring for the brigade he's kinda doomed. The other form relationships with him and walking away from that knowing that your basically the only think keeping Haruhis conscience in check would not be an easy one. He has to see her everyday remember? This is why I related it to an abusive parent earlier. Sure you can remove yourself from the situation somewhat but then you feel guilty for those left behind not to mention you can't leave entirely due to your age. That and Haruhi is oblivious to the power she holds. I'm not saying what you said is invalid at all just that there are multiple complicated factors at work given the power dynamic.

In the sense that it got a reaction, yes. Their decisions only prove that you can create popularity by controversy. I don't think that it was a very good decision otherwise.

Another part of my point was that even if he didn't walk away in the first place, he could have taken a stronger stance to try to correct Haruhi. Kyon started off their relationship as an enabler, and squandered away that much power as a result. Haruhi likely wouldn't have pushed the limits of her authority as far if she didn't get the impression that she was so unopposed. But there is a specific reason he decided to cede that sense of authority to Haruhi, and that reason is the desire to be taken on such a ride. He could have been Haruhi's friend without being as much of an enabler had he set those boundaries in the beginning, but he never did, and in particular he had a reason not to, and that reason wasn't guilt or attachment, but ultimately selfish in nature. Not saying the reason is invalid, just not one that reflects well on him, regardless of whether that was the result of his own free will or Haruhi's design.

>>made an elaborate scheme spanning multiple days so the girls could give the boys valentine chocolate and show their appreciation in the most satisfying way possible
>>didn't give a shit when Kyon's childhood friend showed herself out of nowhere and started acting like a cunt, while Kyon himself lost his cool and told her to fuck off
Fuck, I really need to get back to finishing the LN's, the fucking sport chapter really threw me off.

I mean yea it got a reaction but if it was horseshit then no one would still be talking about it. A show can be executed well and controversial. I have no idea what the source material is like as I didn't bother to read it but its pretty damn clear that they transferred whatever was there really effectively to the screen.

True. Kyon is a fairly passive protagonist for the most part especially at the start but if he was more strong willed at the start as you say he probably would have just acted like everyone else in his class. He would have called her a crazy bitch and not bothered interacting with her at all. His complacency and passiveness is the thing that makes their relationship possible at least the the start. She's looking for someone to put up with her bullshit so its hard to imagine that relationship taking place any other way. If he was more strong willed she'd reject him and if he was more weak willed or passive he never would have interacted with her.

Kyon's definition of fun is closer in line with Haruhi's rather than his normal classmates. I don't necessarily think that's dependent on his passiveness or strength of will. That said, it is plausible that she would reject him if he was firmer.

Yea and I agree with your statement that he's a lot more curious and into weirs stiff than he let's on. The movie points that out explicitly but they leave it a least sort of ambiguous in the series or it wouldn't have had such a good pay off in the movie. Kyons kinda in the goldielock zone of passiveness for the story to work.

Well in the first arc Kyon didn't exactly dislike the things Haruhi did even if they tought they were wrong. I think Kyon's will is just enough for the conflict between them to be constructive rather than restrictive.

I want to ruin Haruhi's body with pregnancy.

he thought*

>all style, no substance
I'm tired of this meme. why are people so retarded?

I watched it 5 years ago and it was pretty good as I remember, I want to watch it again one day once I've completely forgotten everything that happened in it so I can experience it again, maybe in another 5 years it will be time.

it was shit

Attached: 1197298389046.jpg (478x656, 110K)

I've always taken it to be a combination of "HARUHI RULES THE WORLD" meme and kookiness but either way the show never really impressed me.

Attached: HaruhiGift.jpg (400x820, 264K)

Its alright. Not everyone is into classical music.

naw everyone in the dub was great, especially Michele Ruff. Honestly I love it either way though.

>naw everyone in the dub was great
only if you are talking about the russian dub

As long as a dislike the anime, I can make an effort to understand why it´s so well regarded, but the character itself is a massive piece of shit.