Adachi thread

So Mix's first episode came out today. How do you feel about it, and what other Adachi manga do you want to get anime adaptations?

Attached: 93317l.jpg (416x600, 90K)

If I had to read only one Adachi Mitsuru manga, what should it be?

I'm only halfway through the first episode, but damn is the translation bad for it, I feel sorry for the show.
I never read the manga, but couldn't funi hire a better translator for such a easy show?

Attached: mix.jpg (853x484, 45K)

Touch.

Personally, I'd choose Cross Game.

Fuck what the other guys said read Rough. It's not another sibling twin baseball manga and much shorter than Touch and Cross Game.

I read up to a certain point and kinda remember whats going on. Nonetheless it will be comfy. I'd like to see Rough get an anime but that would be pretty random.
I'm so used to shitty translations I don't even care any more.

Bland and derivative first episode that felt more like a tv special or news feature about Mix than an actual premiere.

The subs are excruciatingly bad. It's making it really hard to watch.

you can read touch and watch cross game if you want, if you really have to choose one then i would go with cross game

Didn't Cross Game already had an adaptation?

Yes, a few of Adachi's manga got adaptations, but not all of them.

The translator is probably doing exactly what he's been hired for. It's not that the subs are inaccurate, since they tend to convey the general sense of what's said, it's that they're complete localisations. It reads more like a dub script than an actual translation. Kotobuki last season had a similar problem.

I heard somewhere that it's not actually subs but captions for the simuldub. I don't care to confirm though.

Wow, more twins?

What a hack

Genius

if he was trying to write the most annoying character ever, he succeeded

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mix - Meisei Story - 01 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_05.16_[2019.04.07_00.13.27].jpg (1920x1080, 147K)

If you like sports, Cross Game or Katsu.
If you like samurai/ninja setting, Niji Iro Togarashi.

Appareltly HS ripped the dub's closed captions instead of the subs. The other group's release is fine.

Edit meant the Erai-raws release has the actual subtitle.

oh wow, fuck horriblesubs then. I knew funimation was bad, but damn.

Touch or H2.

But she's cute.

I thought she was cute too. More likable than Minami was at first.

Is this subbed by native japanese ?

They should remake Miyuki.

HS sub is fucking garbage.
I needed to disable the sub to finish the episode.

i'll wait for commie

What the fuck? Are you kidding me? Horriblesubs needs to get their shit together. Erai-raws it is then.

I just want to see Katsu being animated.

Adachi really needs to stop doing baseball stories.

Cross Game could have been good if they had focused on Aoba. Now he is back to the twins, love triangles, and baseball again. Move on, Adachi.

Attached: BF. - クロスゲーム.jpg (700x779, 277K)

there was no love triangle in touch though

Are you really telling Adachi, the literal icon of baseball manga, to stop making baseball manga?

Attached: 1446486082924.png (362x481, 106K)

If you can only do one thing and nowadays people do that thing better than you, you might want to reconsider your job.

Trying new things doesn't hurt.

He should make a manga about two siblings living alone together and doing regular teenager stuff with no baseball or other sports involved.

>Baseball

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

He's already done other things than baseball manga though.

Has he gone softball?

WHY THE FUCK DOES JAPAN DO TWINS IF THEY ALWAYS JUST MAKE ONE THE OLDER AND ONE THE YOUNGER

>Adachi really needs to stop doing baseball stories.

That's like asking him to stop breathing.

Should I read or watch Touch?

Just watch it. It's pretty comfy.

Attached: vlcsnap-2017-09-15-23h49m16s863.png (633x467, 355K)

There's a surprising amount of shitty subs this season. Looks like something related to what said.

Attached: 1549595627043.jpg (682x811, 158K)

What else has shitty subs this season?

Fruits Basket had some awkward lines here and there. Not at same level as Mix, but it was still weird to see.

Attached: 1525363839196.jpg (1920x1080, 356K)

Adachi Mitsuru ranking

H2>Rough>Touch> Miyuki>Cross Game

(Haven't read Katsu yet. Mix is not included cause it's not finished)

Slow Step's main girl plays softball. The two male protagonists are also boxers, not baseball players.
The series is a bit different from other Adachi works, though. It's more of a romantic comedy than anything else.

Another Funi show. They really are the worst.

I'm guessing you're watching HS? They didn't rip the correct track, Erai did.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Mix - Meisei Story - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.20_[2019.04.07_22.35.36].jpg (1280x720, 437K)

Yeah, I watched HS. I'm downloading Erai's release now. Thanks.

Based. H2 is fucking great, I cried like a bitch when Hikari's mom died. How good is Rough?
Katsu is pretty great, touching father-son bond, although the ending feels a bit rushed despite the MC finally had worthy rival. Great chemistry between the main couple too.

Attached: snapshot_09.51_[2019.04.07_14.56.07].jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Rough or Niji Iro Togarashi

I think Rough has one of the best supplementary casts and resulting ensemble humor/sense of cameradery among Adachi's manga. The focus on competitive swimming and diving feels refreshing, especially when you came from one of his baseballs "epics". Loved the spunk of the main girl and general more lighthearted tone. Overall, I think it's one of his better offerings that doesn't get enough love. I wish it had gotten an anime series.

Attached: Rough v01 026.jpg (700x1100, 239K)

I thought it was okay. A bit uneventful, but I guess it works as a first episode.
Also, I really like how faithful the anime's artstyle is to Adachi's style. Thought it worked really well.

Attached: 1538431043766.jpg (1280x720, 219K)

Is good sub out yet?

If is right, HS ripped the wrong files for this episode. Erai has the right subs.
And if you know Italian, Yamato Animation is simulcastiing the series on their Youtube account.

Adachi lolis are the cutest.

Attached: Katsu! - Vol.1 Chapter 6_ My instincts - 1.jpg (720x1029, 222K)

how many times can adachi get away with high school baseball, koshien, brothers, light romance and same 4 character designs

i still eat it up anyway

>Yamato Animation
Geoblocked. I'm learning italian and it's such a chore to find decent shows subbed in this language

That sucks, but I guess it was predictable. Still, it's Youtube geoblocking, it shouldn't be too hard to circumvent with a browser extension. There's also VVVVid, a local streaming platform. It has a pretty big catalogue of anime subbed in Italian, but you need an account to use it, and the ads are pretty annoying. I assume it also restricts access from other countries in some shape or form. Plus, it's streaming, it's suboptimal by default.

From someone who's only other experience with a sports Anime has been Keijo I must say I liked the first episode

Most subs that exist for this is the script of the dubbed version, this is because fuckmation has the exclusive rights to this show

I've always avoided sports anime so this is pretty much the first one I've ever watched, and I rather like it as well.

One thing I really like about Adachi's works is most characters interaction are subtle.

Adachi makes great stories, even if some elements are repetitive. His characters (on design at least) are pretty much always the same though, to the point he can't tell apart his own MCs.
I get why he's compared to Rumiko since they feel like opposites, at least to me.

there was until that panel

Will it be 24 episodes long?

Attached: 1550718791210.png (800x1170, 471K)

I hope it is, 12 episodes at this pace doesn't feel like enough to cover much.

I want to go back to 2007.