What would be good isekai?

Alright, I see shits here whining about how over-saturated the isekai genre.

I won't lie, it is, for every Death Mage, there's at least twenty My House is a Magical Piss-Fetish Zones or Gunotas.

But in that, I've seen both shitty and great ideas from Yea Forumsnons before, and now I want to know:

If you were given a chance to improve an existing isekai, or create your own, what would you make?

Attached: captain_n.jpg (336x422, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-HAxdQ6b4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell a good story, with fleshed out characters. Make the characters interesting. Make the world interesting. MC having a special power or being the chose one is ok, but NO GAME MECHANICS WHATSOEVER. Especially if you think you can use them as shortcuts for actual world building. That's about it. Isekai has been a staple of the fantasy forever, with titles like El-Hazard or Escaflowne, but the advent of the gamification shortcuts has really put a dent in the sub genre.

Was kinda looking for something more specific, but you got a point in a lot of tropes having degenerated the genre.

Course as the rules go, Tropes ain't a bad thing unless you lean on them. Death Mage and Konosuba manage to do fine with the game mechanic stuff, though I guess that's in part to it being pushed to the side in favor of actual story.

>No generic fantasy setting
>No use of game mechanics and MMO jargon by people native to the other world
>No MMO-tier skill lists and power creep
>No retarded MCs with cheat abilities
>Actual good story
>Interesting setting
>MC and the cast actually having character development (ESPECIALLY MC)

See Rayearth, Escaflowne, Dumbine and El-Hazard.

Well agreed with DM, but Konosuba gets away with it due to being a parody here.

Rayearth is only is good when it comes to comedy but when it takes itself seriously is mostly trash, and Escaflowne is bullshit scapsim for teen girls. Give those who hunt elves or konosuba over that, at least they are self aware

>its only good if it's woke like me, an intellectual
cringe

Not sure if it counts, but it would be interesting to see what happens if a Dark Isekai protag like from Nidome No Yuusha (Before being killed) were able to return to their home with or without their powers.

Kinda a sappy thing on some poor kid who was ripped away to some crazy world trying to fit back into society.

>cuck mage
>reddit spacing
>this is my 200 word essay on why a genre tailor made for wish fulfillment is bad

If y'ain't going to do any other than accuse me of being a reddit cuck then stop wasting your time here and go back to being a faggot on one of your moeshit threads.

my dude you read cuck mage

Don't even acknowledge he exists.
He seems to be under the impression that every named female in a series must be on the MC's cock, because otherwise he's a cuck.
Not even worth humoring him.

Wait seriously?
Does he know the MC is ten or does he just think Japan is that fucked up?

Who knows.
He pops up in every thread that mentions Death Mage and says the same shit.
I can only assume he's a purityfag that really liked Basdia, and was traumatized on finding out Ghouls have frequent orgies and don't really "get" marriage.
Purityfags don't care whether or not the character is a love interest or whatever, they just want their favorite girl to be "pure".

Attached: Basdia.png (645x972, 740K)

I love Ban's art, specially the abs

No matter how much you hide behind plot's contrivances, cuckshit is cuckshit.

Yeah, shit like this is why I decided to rewrite shield hero. I like it, but it misses out on so much and it gets worse as each incarnation goes on.

>rewrite shield hero
wait... what?

He's talking about writing fan fiction.

>mino.jpeg
why not write an original isekai instead?

make an isekai by someone that actually knows how to write

Because:
A) I have literally never written anything really detailed before so I feel having a base to work with makes it easier

B) Shield Hero is somewhat bland and fails to use many different concepts that would have provided an interesting story instead of hard railroading (I mean seriously, making the Three Heroes church motives top tier instead of just "We're evil cuz we're racist!" was easy as hell to do)

C) It's really just supposed to be a small project for my to practice, but friends and my brother (an actual writer) have enjoyed the concepts and drafts I've come up with, so I wanna try and keep up with it.

D) I would have gone with Gunota but that shit was so awful that there was no salvaging it, even with copious amounts of Cheeki Breeki.

>roastie cucks
>Yea Forums pic
Kill yourselves.

>Captain N
>Not the DnD cartoon.
You're using the wrong Isekai pal.

>Failing to get the obvious joke

Are you retarded or can someone be this stupid without an extra chromosome?

Make a story with One (1)[uno] defined Waifu who's character can be explored fully, or none at all. The shounen habit of adding a dozen cardboard girls is as toxic in Isekai as it was in battle harems. Several series have had noticeable drops in quality corresponding to the addition of multiple waifus. Most prominently Arifureta and Shield Hero.

Isn't Naofumi a MGTOW tho?

No that's Motoyasu in the Spinoff, Naofumi just doesn't trust anybody who isn't his slave for like 3 volumes.

>1 defined Waifu

So as in one of the female characters should be written as such? Cause, ya know, people are gonna waifu the fuck out of any character no matter how much they shouldn't.

Only one character should have romantic interests with the MC unless the story is explicitly about Romance. The only reason to include more is if you're a cynical Jap marketing director following the formula.

Ohhh, okay, I get it. So no harem dynamics.

Actually, I guess that's why Bone Boys are so popular: Dickless crotch means nothing... chotch, I wanted to rhyme

Lana is the best waifu though.

Attached: kawaii.webm (640x480, 995K)

A guy who hates the shounen genre is thrown into the world of a blatantly generic one.

REMEMBER FOLKS, READING KEK SHIT AND SAYING ITS GOOD MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL

Do you ever get tired of acting like this just because your waifu is a thot?

Okay I would watch the shit out of that. Sounds like it'd have the same appeal as Saiki.K

This was the immediate reaction I had to seeing OP's image as well.

Funny thing. I actually did do that for a troll thread I made. Didn't get any attention though.

Figured captain n would be funnier because GAME MECHANICS

MC gets teleported into a dating sim, turns out all the girls are yanderes pretending to be kind during dating events, straight up rejecting them would get him killed and dating one would get him killed by the other girls so he just has to survive their advances for a whole year to get the "graduated ending" and be free.

The Bitches Must be Crazy

set the girls at each other and keep the winner

Don't actually date any, but get them all to compete in a series of trials over the year and never actually get to the winner being chosen. Maybe try to prevent any of them from just killing the competition, but at least that's one less threat if it does happen. Some enjoyment can still be had that way.

>That arc where the MC just tries separate methods of eliminating the girls without getting a reset

>That arc where the MC just goes full on depression

>That arc where the MC turns into a murderous psychopath, flipping the roles

Geez, this idea gets really fucked up

Have them all compete with kissing ability, stripping, etc. It's not a date, so he won't be killed.

>making the Three Heroes church motives top tier instead of just "We're evil cuz we're racist!"

>copious amounts of Cheeki Breeki

Im confused and scared

Does this help? (watch at 144p)
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-HAxdQ6b4s

>making the Three Heroes church motives top tier instead of just "We're evil cuz we're racist!"

Basically instead of them hating the shield because a previous shield hero stood with the demihumans during the war, their actual faith is more in line with "The only threat equal to that of the waves are the heroes themselves." Sort of along the lines that the heroes are growing their strength at a rate that surpasses most any other person in the world, and will eventually be at a point where they cannot be opposed.

The shield is specifically targeted because a properly grown shield-hero grows to a point that makes them harder to assassinate than the other heroes if they step out of line. The face of "the shield stood in alliance with the demihumans against our country and is therefore evil" is still used to rally supporters, but the main point of controlling the heroes remains the true motive.

>copious amounts of Cheeki Breeki

I thought the concept of Gunota, a gunsmith in another world, would be better if the MC was:

A) Not a useless cuck(The only actual cuck character listed in this thread) that's terribly drawn from bum tickley asset reuse

B) Actually uses weapons instead of being copy-pasted into shitty situations

C) Is just as stereotypically slavic as possible

But the story is so shit I couldn't salvage it.