Are they gonna fuck it up?

are they gonna fuck it up?

Attached: Akira.jpg (836x649, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

How come there's always a dozen live action adaptations being produced but you never hear about them and they seem to never see the light of day?
Is it just me?

Nigger

Testuo will be black.

Tetsuo*

If it's Kanye then I wouldn't mind since he has a huge boner for Akira. And obviously this is going to be shit.

"Will Hollywood idiots who have never appreciated or even watched something from the medium that they are adapting fuck it up?" Of course they will. The question is: how badly?

These things get announced and go various routes- they might become shitty TV adaptations (Death Note), shitty movies (GitS, Dragonball), mediocre hits (Alita), or something completely unrecognizable outside of the core concept/gimmick (All You Need is Kill). The best route is when they don't happen at all for whatever reason.

>Co produced by Kanye
>original soundtrack by Kanye
It would be kino.

>FUCK YOU KANEDA AM ON MY OWN DICK
What did he mean by that?

Akira will be a blondie girl.

These things were in plans for decades. The Cowboy Bebop shit was planned to be a movie over a decade ago and Keanu Reeves was not only the one calling the shots, he was gonna be Spike. The properties are held onto for a billion reasons, namely popularity and general "Do we have the tech for these effects?" logic. We're now hitting the point of diminishing returns where it's cheaper to do nothing but CG with no practicals for nearly everything, allowing for more "fantastical" (But still bland) visuals, which helps convince execs to go through with anime adaptations. In addition, anime's been at its most popular in the West since the original Japanimation boom courtesy of streaming, so that's a demographic to cash in on.

Kaneda will be a chinese boy and fight jiu jitsu.

You say that as a bad thing.

That's leagues cooler than what Hollywood would actually do.

Severely

kaneda should be played by an autistic child

>kaneda
ugh
I meant Tetsuo

Attached: AKIRA 01-274.png (739x409, 240K)

If they cast a black lead and a white villain, then no

I just hope Taki Waki (or whatever the fuck his name is) doesn’t try to do what he did with Thor Ragnarok and make everyone spot witty one-liners.

For fuck’s sake

youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g
Kanye West as main charecter.