What the hell happened? This use to be one of the greatest classics that inspired many other franchises...

What the hell happened? This use to be one of the greatest classics that inspired many other franchises. Did Kajishima do senile?

Attached: 7B4FE186-6511-42DA-89B0-2A7800C0B28A.jpg (1023x720, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/186643992/
youtube.com/watch?v=avACENnDqVo
youtu.be/ozdGYpcdVJk
youtu.be/Wi4mxG1RoOI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More importantly lets all post the best girl(You guys know the one). Here I'll start.

Attached: 300px-Sakuyakumashiro.jpg (300x225, 10K)

it was never good.

Attached: ABB074C4-1FF3-4103-B39B-C53BAFB2F3F9.jpg (1024x1536, 857K)

The creator went crazy. Turn all the girls into sluts for no reason even the fucking rabbit thingyand Tenchi went for cheapass marry all method. Fuck the creator to hell.

Math like that can be difficult.

>99% of haremshit follows the predictable 1stgirl monogamist route
>haremshit creator goes bucks the system
>sends autistic white piggu into fits to rage spanning two decades
absolutely based

It was the american equivalent of Saint Seiya: It was shit but you think it was good because you watched it on TV when you were a kid.

man I thought I was going to have to wait till next week to see another tenchi thread. pleasantly surprised

Same. It's a nice surprise to see Tenchi threads on this board again. Also, welcome back and here's an archive of the last thread.

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/186643992/

We just had an entire thread dedicated to best girl (pic related).

Attached: vlcsnap-2017-10-20-11h41m21s860.png (992x720, 576K)

I got a pic of the kenshi shirt. shame I outgrew it. maybe I should commission somebody to make another one. this one's pretty shity for the most part. they messed up the black strips so they always looked a bit too thick

Attached: 20190405_213114.jpg (322x432, 16K)

Ah user. Like I said in that other thread

I think you meant to post Sakuya. Here I'll do it for you user.

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 8K)

undeniably best girl.

in terms of other girls though I'm partial to yukine or some of the mature women from GXP

tenchi's daughter calling him daddy in the darkness movie awoke something in me as a teen when I watched it

wrong. its the pioneer of harem shows

is tokyo worth watching? I've heard mixed things about it

OVA seasons 1 and 2 were made by the trio of Kajishima doing the plot and character design, Hayashi as the director, and Hasegawa as the writer.
Some time after OVA 2, Hayashi and Hasegawa left for reasons I don't know, so you have just the guy who loves older women, polygamy, and hot springs.
We know that Hasegawa thought that Tenchi should only end up with Ryoko and the rest of them can pound sand. She wrote a few Tenchi books and the second movie was an adaptation of one.
Personally, I'm fully behind Kajishima's vision of the franchise, with a few small exceptions like making Tenchi a god. But the fact of the matter is that he's not as good a writer as Hasegawa was, and AIC keeps cutting his episode count in the middle of production.
Even though every series they make without him since Universe has failed miserably, and every series he's at the helm of makes money hand over fist.

Attached: Ride the baloney pony.png (436x489, 495K)

And harem is one of the most atrocious genres of anything

The only good way to view Tokyo is as a deconstruction of Tenchi.
Tenchi is dull as fuck without the girls, and the girls are aimless without him.
Sasami's subplot might be good, but it's been about 15 years since I saw it.

was the guy who likes older women responsible for GXP? because that would explain a lot

so he's separated from the girts for most of the show? maybe I'll just avoid it then

At least it's not an isekai harem series.

imagine being this gay

And let's not forget that Ryoko is also really clear about her feelings and relationship with Tenchi in Tokyo. She's also like that in Muyo and Universe, but Muyo ends with a harem ending and Universe has the kino ending of Tenchi in Love 2, unless you count the ending of the book adaptation; I swear, I don't know why Negishi thought the ending of the book adaptation is what the ending of Tenchi in Love 2 should've been.

Partly. Kajishima wrote the general plot, but they had Nabeshin of Excel Saga and Nerima Daikon Bros. fame to direct it.
Kajishima disliked the result so badly that he started writing a still ongoing, but wrapping up, LN series to replace the anime in his continuity.

Attached: GXP6_000a_zps32d7cd4c.jpg (567x800, 74K)

One big example of a correction Kajishima made was in fact, in the episode he directed personally, when Seina visits Tenchi's house.
In the anime, it was just Seina and he didn't even stay long enough for dinner. In the LN, the whole lot of them went over and stayed the night, so you get scenes like Ryoko Balta fangirling over her infamous namesake, and Mihoshi crawling nude into Tenchi's bed while sleepwalking, after Tenchi had lent his bed to Seina.

Attached: RkrKyA0.jpg (1220x1741, 912K)

being spooned by sleeping mihoshi looks comfy

Yes, but this is Seina, the guy with the worst luck in the universe. I don't know how it goes wrong, but no doubt it does.
And on the other hand, Mihoshi's entire goddamned family distorts probability in their favor.
So I'm surprised they didn't blow a hole in reality just by being in the same room.

Attached: zzwash.png (980x1080, 695K)

her expression is somewhere between happy sleeping and reaching orgasm

Tokimi a best

Attached: 1197504455523.png (640x480, 481K)

is she from gxp?

OVA 4, I believe.

Actually she shows up in OVA 2 with a mention and silhouette in the last episode of OVA 1, when Sasami is having a nightmare while Ryoko and Ayeka are fighting over who gets to try to seduce Tenchi.
That form shows up in the last episode of OVA 3.

Attached: pg2.jpg (2139x3037, 860K)

appears in OVA 2 she wants to meet Washu and Sasami has a nightmare about Tokimi before Clay even shows up

Attached: 1306208753557.jpg (742x517, 94K)

Attached: hakubi_washuu_tenchi_muyou_drawn_by_hitoshi_okuda__41b65024fa39f5d75f87bd174154c89a.jpg (1366x1611, 637K)

Okuda is the best.

Attached: 694e8e3267089321d885eda27ab929de8c7f4a53_s2_n2.jpg (1854x1920, 658K)

Attached: tzofw2sg1gKq1rxlk68o1_1280.jpg (1280x1508, 501K)

MUH

I would feel guilty lewding sasami. she seems too pure

Wait so tenchi had a harem end and the author is slutting up all the girls years later? This Kajishima guy seems fucking based.

Is there an order to watch this stuff? Is the manga good?

this is so true. but, it was revolutionary, for its time. Also, the visual design is fantastic, and Tenchi Masaki is a pretty cool guy. actually, all the characters are great, its just the story that is shit.

I would start with the ova series called ryo oki
A lot of people are nastalgic for the dub but I personally like the sub

>Is there an order to watch this stuff? Is the manga good?
Then watch it like this.
OVA 1, OVA 2, Read the True Tenchi novels, Dual Parallel Crisis Adventure, OVA 3, GXP, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, OVA 4, OVA 5 coming soon.
Then find the doujins on sadpanda and fill in the blanks. Add in Photon and Spaceship Agga Ruter in there somewhere as well.
That is the main continuity, the living universe.
Universe and the three movies are also recommended, even if they fuck up the characters.

Ignore Tenchi in Tokyo, Ai TM, and Pretty Sammy unless you love mahou shoujo and Sasami.

Attached: 1405268263062.jpg (3600x2700, 2.91M)

Too bad for you the show already did it for us.

Attached: 1454723905125.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Attached: 1464892831148.jpg (640x480, 43K)

in the spin off series GXP the main guy marries like 6 girls at the end

Is there a gallery somewhere with all of his Tenchi art?

>greatest classics
Said who?
>inspired many other franchises
Said who?
>revolutionary
Said who?
There are people who still fall for this bait?

Four girls, and Fuku has to wait until she grows up.
And then another group of four girls kidnaps and sodomizes him in front of his friends and family.
So he marries them as well, for a grand total of 9 wives.
Unless those other girls from the novels get involved somewhere down the line.

Attached: tumblr_o6ywiq5t1x1rxlk68o6_1280.jpg (640x498, 154K)

she's so smol. you could just manhandle her and bend her over everything in your house with like no effort

Nice thanks. I'll save this in a notepad and try to gather up as much of it as I can find. I imagine it'll be a bit painful to find since it's old.

This sounds better and better.

gxp is also like all cougars/milfs if you're into that I think the whole series is on funimation's youtube

Harem end is literally the second most common route after 1st girl wins. That's not bucking anything.

>kidnaps and sodomizes him in front of his friends and family

bold move but I guess it worked out for them somehow

fuck now I want to rewatch gxp. I blame you guys for this binge watch thats about to occur

And which anime do you think it was that made Harem end so common?

Narito

who's your favorite GXP girl?

Attached: download.jpg (258x195, 7K)

zoomer detected

Mihoshi's mom, although any scene with Seto in it is wonderful.
I'm trying to find that pic of all the GXP girls lined up in their swimsuits, and it's not going well.

Attached: iuYEGNDUJP.jpg (559x463, 25K)

I'm not sure why mihoshi is always rated so low. her and her mom are great.

>TFW you'll never wake up to this.

Why live?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-06-00h20m57s748.jpg (1488x1080, 276K)

Attached: 1462513655366.jpg (640x480, 57K)

Attached: e9bd03907e1cd73ef900e0b77a5e6ede9c3eaaca_s2_n2.jpg (1060x1536, 321K)

Because most people agree that Ryoko is top tier.
Then there's their opposite number, the ones that think Ayeka is best for some reason.
Next you have Sasami, the defacto mascot and first one that wasn't a freeloader.
My personal favorite, Washu. Almost all good things spring forth from her, and she has a loli and a MILF mode.
Almost no one outside of Japan likes Noike, and most people don't even remember to consider Ryo-Ohki.
It's not that Mihoshi is bad, but all the girls are just so great.

Attached: 06.jpg (1280x1868, 376K)

>tenchi tells her to leave him alone after this happens

>Alpha as fuck

There's still nothing in anime that gives me that feeling like the OVA's opening. That's the feeling I want more in anime, it's like pure nostalgia.

On the contrary.

I've come to realize that what you are describing is anime that was NOT created with a Western audience in mind. After anime went mainstream over here, Japanese animation companies shifted gears to be more Western friendly. That's why almost all anime after the year 2000 is garbage.

I love the mix of the traditional Japanese with the techno. It's as far as I can tell unique to Tenchi, Jurai's whole aesthetic is just that.

wow ayeka got some guns on her

were you alive in the 90's? even today, nothing looks like Tenchi Muyo. Especially today, with bland, mushy character designs being so insanely popular.

as for inspiring franchises, Tenchi Muyo LITERALLY is the first modern harem anime. there are other shows and manga with multiple girls, Ranma 1/2 and Urusei Yatsura! come to mind. but, those shows did not have a single guy reciprocating the affection of multiple girls. Ranma hated everyone who chased his/her ass, for instance.

and if you doubt whether or not Tenchi is a classic... we are talking about it in Current Year, aren't we?

If i were to describe it with one word it would be "comfy"

Also, the Toonami mix.

youtube.com/watch?v=avACENnDqVo

There's a lot of AIC stuff that ape's Tenchi's design.

>Ryoko is top tier
Drunken slut big sister is best girl? Oh Lawd, is I in Heaven??

oh... so that means that Tenchi WAS influential, then

That last thread was so much better...

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-06-10-18h01m52s581.jpg (512x384, 46K)

yeah a lot more discussion. I guess if this one dies we can just wait till next week to make one

Of course it was. Photon, El Hazard, Agga Ruter, and tons of others borrowed heavily from Tenchi's look. I forget which are Kajishima's to begin with, but AIC/Pioneer kept that look going for years.

Asian Futurism is pretty uncommon, but then, so is most Retro Futurism. Luckily, this does not apply to music.
youtu.be/ozdGYpcdVJk
youtu.be/Wi4mxG1RoOI

This guy got the right idea.

Attached: Kiyone.png (834x1280, 732K)

Still haven't watched OVA 4, how is it?

Honestly, this might be the only anime in which every girl is best girl, to some degree anyway.

Attached: d06fd15fdebf783ff62883ec01d157077a8ce590_s2_n2.jpg (2036x1614, 624K)

It falls somewhere between Universe and Tench in Tokyo.

wtf

I mean quality, not chronology. That's just my opinion, though. OVA 4 is certainly better than 3, but that goes without saying. Hell, I'll take Tokyo over OVA 3.

There's a few anime like that, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon comes to mind, another sci-fi with anachronistic elements, massive worldbuilding. and a harem end.

Is Universe actually good? I rewatched the first ova series a few years ago and it was simply okay, but nevertheless I still love Ryuuko. Please tell me the tv series is better.

It has more action, that's about the only real advantage it has over the OVAs. That and Kiyone.
Overall it completely misses the mark for the characters, even though they're all recognizable. I do like what they did with Ayeka though, portraying her as having a genetically short temper barely constrained by courtly manners.

If I was forced to pick I think probably Amane, but I liked both of the main girls in GXP

I rewatched both the OVAs and Universe a few years ago and, not even counting OVA 3, honestly I think Universe was the better show.

Thank you for this thread.

Better than Tenchi in Tokyo, better than Ai, better than third OVA, and for Kiyone alone, it will always be worth the watch.

Attached: kiyonemakibi.png (640x480, 254K)

>Photon, El Hazard, Agga Ruter, and tons of others borrowed heavily from Tenchi's look.
....because they were all worked by the same staff.

>even today, nothing looks like Tenchi Muyo.
Because it has a dated 90s aesthetic
>Tenchi Muyo LITERALLY is the first modern harem anime
No. Also the series doesn't go full blown harem until way later before GXP its pretty much no different from a romcom and both TV series pretty much push that Ryoko is the main girl and eventual winner with the original OVA also pushing her into the limelight. Its only in GXP does it confirm that he's shacking with all of them and by then a plethora of harem anime had came out.

>and if you doubt whether or not Tenchi is a classic... we are talking about it in Current Year, aren't we?
Eh...its not really relevant now. I mean OVA 4 just came and went with nobody caring, Ai Tenchi Muyo was a complete diaster and only shows how dated and old the series is by today's conventions including the voice work. Even as a nostalgia piece most people don't really care about it.

Attached: 1554408945938.png (411x407, 56K)

Universe was far better. Shit actually fucking happens for starters. You can watch it, finish it and look back on it not feeling like you wasted 3 decades on nothing. It's an actual space adventure with harem hijinks tossed in.

Only the first OVA was any good. After they fight kagato in the ova the series from there basically is nothing but sitting around the Masaki house while the author jacks off to his universe and extended cast. Ryoko, Ayaka and the rest all become barely relevant.

Attached: tenchi 4.jpg (1088x970, 300K)

It was a comedy that eventually forgot it was a comedy.

Biggest problem with the new OVA's is that nothing cool happens. It's pretty much Sister Wives: Sci-Fi version now.

Tenchi doesn't pop out his sword, there's no cool enemies, ect. It seems like they gave Kenshi his own series just so they could push all the fun stuff out of the the main casts story.

I'd really recommend more people read the manga. It's a fun mix of SOL shit and space adventures. Kind of feels like if the OVA universe didn't go to self masturbatory shit.

Seriously I don't mind the stay at home SOL stuff from time to time but you gotta remember to put your characters in fun situations. The OVA doesn't do that anymore. It's just constant bumming around the house waiting for relative of the week to pop in. Oh and did we mention everyone's scared of Seto? Because we are. Isn't that wacky. Don't call someone old! HAHAHAH. Incest.

Attached: 1024-by-768-37779-20080606154454.jpg (1024x768, 79K)

Is there really any big-bads left for the Tenchi crew to even deal with as of the most recent OVA/Doujins?

nice strawmanning; too bad it doesn't make mc picking everyone any more common

Attached: 1476403584115.jpg (600x479, 57K)

>Shit actually fucking happens for starters.
Not really, you can literally cut out just about every episode and you'd never know it. Universe is basically a SatAM cartoon with an introduction and and ending. In fact the only episodes that follow an episodic format are Time & Space, which was adapted from a set of drama CDs.

>Not really, you can literally cut out just about every episode.
Yeah really. Even in the episodes where it's just the characters goofing around it's actually them getting up to an interesting situation. They have fun festivals with crazy attractions, a ghost pirate ship, a galactic bikini contest or try to turn their space ship into a hostess club. That's shit happening. There's a through plot about a coup and adventure to save the throne of Jurai. And it all gets wrapped up in the end.

The episodes are entertaining by themselves and contribute to the ongoing narrative. So you can fuck off with this binge watching "only plot heavy episodes matter" bullshit. I swear you faggots are always in such a rush to burn through a show that you can't stop and enjoy the moment to moment episodes of it.

And again, the OVA is just a fat load of nothing. They don't even go to space themselves. They just wait around for some relative to show up, make some vague remarks about the extended family tree and leave shifty clues to something that won't ever get resolved.

You posted worst girl