Why can't normalfags into mecha?

Why can't normalfags into mecha?

Attached: 1469911623533.jpg (796x777, 277K)

Mecha is repetitive and boring

I love Sumika!

Attached: Sumika.png (800x600, 345K)

Replace 08th MS Team with G Gundam, then you'll have a more appropriate thing to work with. They want more action, and less talky-talk bullshit.

Well fuck, if you watch any of these you sure as hell ain't gonna start liking mecha anime.

08th is all right, but dips in second half for understandable reasons.

Attached: 155279.jpg (747x845, 98K)

Is Evangelion a mech anime? I watched the first episode and dropped it because I thought it was

The mechs are the most boring aspect of even good mecha

Attached: IMG_20190217_070316.jpg (1062x1062, 108K)

Pretentious hipsters like to make an argument it's not because giant robots in Eva are piloted like robots, treated like robots, but they are made from people.

If you absolutely have to be a nitpicky cunt it's bio-mecha.

no

Attached: sumikaiskill.png (335x349, 70K)

transformers made me hate mecha

Your mom is repetitive and boring

Can confirm, his mom is repetitive and boring.

They all have this idea that mecha is just two robots punching each other for 30 minutes and are weirdly confident that their impression of the genre is correct.

you may want to update this with ssss.gridman for the plebs

Some people claim the mecha themselves just ruin their suspension of disbelief, but usually those are most unbearable faggots.

Most of it fucking sucks.

Unlike most other mecha shows, Evangelion is about the characters.

>I can't watch mecha, it's just not believable
>now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my battle shounen with a new power up every story arc

who are you quoting?

That's exactly what they are saying and they don't really say much back once you point it out to them.

Well, let us consider the best mecha anime of the previous few years : Fafner Exodus.

Fafner Exodus requires
1. An anime from the mid 00s
2. A movie from the early 10s
3. Drama CDs and extended material
4. An ability to be okay with CGI

Fafner Exodus despite being good, is literally insurmountable by the current breed of seasonal animefags, who only watch what's popular with their normie friends. None of them are going to back and watch the original series and none of them are going to watch the movie. Also CGI is so hit or miss that normalfans get turned off easily.

Mecha as a genre is basically defined by high barrier of entries from preexisting material or CGI right now. You either have one, the other or both. And this is BEFORE a series is even good or not.

Attached: Reaction (64).png (960x720, 2.33M)

You are defining normalfag as anyone who doesn't live and breathe mecha.

>4. An ability to be okay with CGI
No, fuck off. And normalfags are not ok with CGI, Aldnoah.Zero's second season is like babby's first disappointment especially among normalfags.

>And normalfags are ok with CGI
Fucked up because I am retarded.

Honestly, a bit of this, because I honestly have kind of warm feeling towards White Base and Argama, it's weirdly comfy in Star Trek kind of way.

What if I don't give a fuck about whether or not a series features mecha so long as the story, setting, or characters captivate me; and by this token, I've coincidentally watched a number of shows with mecha in them? Moreover, how does one supposedly benefit in by watching primarily only mecha as opposed to just having a more balanced consumption of Japanese series (aside from knowing fuckloads of kickass OPs and insert songs)?

Attached: 1553444697470.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Why can't OPs into original threads?

>Moreover, how does one supposedly benefit in by watching primarily only mecha as opposed to just having a more balanced consumption of Japanese series (aside from knowing fuckloads of kickass OPs and insert songs)?
It's not a matter of only watching mecha, it's just that most normalfags outright refuse to watch the genre to begin with.

Human nature tends to fixate on superficial and even though they hate to admit, even though they consciously don't want to do it, they always subconsciously judge books by their covers. I have honestly met people that thought Grave of Fireflies or Kaguya were made by Hayao Miyazaki simply because they were Ghibli ergo they must have been made by Miyazaki, Isao Takahata's name wasn't that prominent until he fucking died.

And can you blame them when the cover of most mech shows very prominently feature mechs? Yes you can, that's very shallow, but lashing out on them for disliking what you like is wrong too, but I also really hate when they don't like to admit that their feelings are very superficial and also think anything they have to say on the matter they clearly don't want to dabble with matter.

Attached: 1968.jpg (225x324, 40K)

Now I want a BattleTech or MechAssault anime

>Moreover, how does one supposedly benefit in by watching primarily only mecha as opposed to just having a more balanced consumption of Japanese series
To be honest, I know at least dozen of people who refuse to watch ANYTHING mecha so much, I know Guillermo del Toro fans who didn't go to watch Pacific Rim because of that. Meanwhile I don't know ANYONE who religiously watches only mecha shows. Or at least to the same extent as cute girls shows.

Even I haven't seen that much of Gundam, I was interested in EUC only and just happened to like what I saw except for Stardust Memory.

Votoms and Dougram

>watches only mecha shows. Or at least to the same extent as cute girls shows.

thats because the more modern we get into the mech genre the wore it gets. Its honestly fucking awful past the early 2000's and even in the early 2000's a lot of it is trash whereas as cgdqt doesnt require a budget and much effort at all to produce or write and a simple joke here and there will do

BattleTech is a board game user, and MechWarrior, MechCommander and MechAssault are games based on it. It would make a great anime.

I know. I was suggesting stylistically similar mecha anime that a fan of those would like.

Gurren Lagann is less about mecha and more about prick waving:
"I'M MORE DETERMINED THAN YOU SO I WIN!!!"
It's weaponised autism and it doesn't help general perception of mecha genre.

Yes. Mech fights feature prominently in most of the episodes, most of the characters relationships are defined by their role in the mech fighting organization, and the mechs tie directly into the core plot concepts.

But on the other hand you have to keep in mind that most popular mechs today are (fairly new ones). Code Gayass is one of the most popular anime ever, TTGL, Fullmetal Panic, FLCL, Eureka Seven and when you think back to it, currently one of the most popular Gundams is easily SEED.

Now popularity =/= quality, but some of these are easily among the best mechs ever.

EVA and MS 08 are actually pretty good desu, but fuck those other 4 shows.

Attached: 1536362137549.jpg (747x756, 137K)

>teen dramas with robot fights inbetween is good!

At least Gundam alternates between teen drama and bullshit politics.

Attached: f0e47a.jpg (800x600, 91K)