God fuck Japanese writers and fuck Japanese "animators"

God fuck Japanese writers and fuck Japanese "animators".
youtube.com/watch?v=NIf_Q8mOrck

You know what the rest of the world should do? Copy this cheap as fuck style because apparently artwork is more important than actually making the character move their bodies, lips, expressions every single frame.

EXCEPT we'll actually pair it with non autistic behaviour, dialogue, writing.
I'm genuinely curious can Asians stop plain copying and parodying French writing+animation and do their own fucking thing in an improved manner? It's no wonder cartoons are hated in Japan, not only are their demographic indifferent workaholics, but their cartoons are genuinely shit when it comes to charm, jokes, maturity and intelligence.
Japan copied French+British+Canadian jokes and behaviour, except duller.

Attached: 01ada4e4-4fab-4d4e-b59f-95b7afcf7a05.sized-1000x1000.png (1000x556, 410K)

(You)

I completely agree. I was into anime between 15-18, but I just can't stand it any more. There are maybe two dozen series that have genuine artistic, animation, storytelling or character merits, and literally all the rest is recycled, poorly animated, lazily written and produced dreck with cliche characters and scenes that play beat for beat the same as 99% of other series.

Sometimes I'll rewatch some old anime every now and then, one of the genuinely good ones, but I haven't come across anything good in years. It's all just shit like you posted, that fucking cat anime.

Is it me or is anime particularly bad for how many tropes they shove in?

Western animation hasn’t been good since the 60s

>this thread
Cartoons are fucking autistic to begin with you losers

>Yea Forums still insecure about anime
Nice

epic blog. what subreddit did you post this on?

example of good character animations in modern cartoons?

To be honest, I don't understand how anime as an industry survived as long as it did, it doesn't quite make sense to run it like a business.

Think about it, most people go to work into animation to bring out to life what they are passionate about, their story, the story they want to tell. But 99% of people who want that are being told off to do an adaptation of work they don't care about, draw more cute girls to sell or literal promotional anime.

But the worst comes when fans of source material get their hands on adaptation of what they like, because they become passionate about it and want to force in their view of how the source material has to be experienced.

So, either way, if you get someone who doesn't care about manga you like adapting it everybody loses. If a fan gets to adapt it fans lose. Anime industry is an industry built entirely on no one winning, not creators, not consumers, not even producers.

Please go back to your containment board

That's not how it works.

I really really REALLY hope you aren't trying to use the final season of samurai jack as an example of good writing.

>French+British+Canadian jokes and behaviour, except duller.
this isn't true in the slightest. the reason jap comedy is so bad is because they're still making the same word puns and juvenile situational humor that they've been making since midevil times. they're not bad because of europe, they're bad because their culture is rigid and stagnate like america in the 50s

Just because western animation is shit and less relevant then anime doesn't give you the right to shitpost.

>I'm genuinely curious can Asians stop plain copying and parodying French writing+animation and do their own fucking thing in an improved manner?
I'm genuinely curious what you even mean by this. How are the Japanese copying the French?

Attached: L43-10.png (514x387, 202K)

>they're bad because their culture is rigid and stagnate like america in the 50s

Oh yes, stagnate. Imagine living in what was essentially a superior Europe, but I guess this decadent and disgusting modern clown world is more preferable? What's even stupider is that you actually think that's the real reason why Japanese humor isn't that good. Believing in racial equality pseudoscience sure makes you say stupid things.

>they're bad because their culture is rigid and stagnate like america in the 50s

Attached: 1469643345037.png (499x338, 42K)

Attached: east vs west.png (588x358, 391K)

> I was into anime between 15-18, but I just can't stand it any more.
Why the fuck are you here then? Go to Yea Forums.

Western comics are better written?

Attached: capeshit.png (674x1020, 948K)

>Imagine living in what was essentially a superior Europe
>america in the 50s
>anything but a nightmare
America in the 50s was the most boring and milquetoast era in American history and literally everything about american culture as it is today exists solely to spite it. American media was trash and so sanitized you couldn't even imply that people took shits, American music was trash, american pop culture in general was so awful that newer genres like rock and roll were literally white people stealing songs from negros just so they could have something new, and our most popular cultural export was occupying other people's countries which led to hippies. rigid and stagnate and led to literally everything wrong with america today If you're nostalgic for that, you're an idiot who slept in history class.

If you're actually using the Samurai Jack reboot as an example you're a fucking idiot since only the first three episodes were good and everything after that ranged from mediocre to straight up garbage

There's no way this is real. This has to be some kind of third party made joke,

It gets worse

Attached: fem thor.jpg (600x555, 135K)

I'm glad we can all agree that Avatar: The Last Airbender is the only amazing thing to ever come out of western animation. And that Kora doesn't actually exist, it was just a mass hallucination.

It's not, and beleive it or not there are even worse examples in more popular series.

Anyone else have a hard time reading western comics because your eyes are so used to reading right to left in manga?

this is the writer of that comic

Attached: gabby.png (594x570, 387K)

Yes. Oddly enough though I don't get the same issues when reading actual books.

Attached: baitsicon.png (625x625, 20K)

>literally everything about american culture as it is today exists solely to spite it.
Is that supposed to be a good thing?
>newer genres like rock and roll were literally white people stealing songs from negros just so they could have something new
At least they had music worth stealing back then

Yeah. Took me a couple of seconds before I could read properly because I instinctively started reading it right to left

Should I pick up the cat anime? Looks cute

>America in the 50s was the most boring and milquetoast era in American history
>jewish "historians" with a hate of white gentiles told me that so it must be true
meanwhile modern day Americans can't even leave the house without being on some kind of drug in order to manage to go through the clown world they live in without resorting to putting a gun to their heads

As opposed to the Japan where most people don't bother with medication and just end up hanging themselves in the woods?

ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ.

>That time an user sent a letter pretending to compliment the comic by comparing it to The Room
The storytimes were also great just because it was so bad and perfect for the reactions of other anons.

Attached: 1504116493614.jpg (1988x3056, 3.46M)

Try living in a major American city these days.
Every other person under 35 is on some kind of SSRI or anti-anxiety medication and there's no fucking way that that many of them have something wrong with their brain chemistry.

they hang themselves in the woods because of "muh honor" culture where suicide is the only way to redeem themselves after a life of failures

>red pill m.r.a.
>opinions on israel
why would a god from a faraway place give a shit on these issues? what retard wrote this?

Attached: 1406937291494.jpg (640x360, 34K)

she also does not understand how colors work

Attached: fucking colors how do they work.jpg (1988x3056, 1.89M)

>Is that supposed to be a good thing?
No, it's not a good thing. that's the point. When your era is so bad that the rest of your eras predicate their existence on not being your era. your era is peak trash. 50s america.

>At least they had music worth stealing back then
>accepting negro cultural exports
Fucking yikes. no wonder you miss the decade that ruined everything. you literally have no class. Accepting negro cultural exports instead of stamping it out and asserting the dominance of euro cultural exports is why rap music is now a staple of literally every culture. you're peak mutt and you disgust me.

Just regular historians. You can look back on american cultural exports yourself and see just how drab and awful they were. European film was kino thanks to alfred hitchcock and even japan was spitting out genre defining movies like rashomon. meanwhile, crickets from America. I'd take this weird clown era where america is back on top of film and music

Not him, but
>what is manga

And yet, she doesn't have a character that is as fat and lumpy as her.

actually, she self-inserted in the first issue

Attached: gabby self insert.jpg (500x666, 74K)

esl brainlet who doesn't know capeshit. in what context is unsolicited meant?
does he support Israel or not?

>she was there when

>western comics
Kind of surprised Savage Dragon isn't meme'ed more, its literally Yea Forums the comic

Attached: 1533998795437.jpg (785x813, 621K)

>America is back on top of film and music
Wew

The Televised version was my experience.

Unsolicited means he gave his opinion on israel without asking. It's implied that he does not support it and that that's a bad thing.

second biggest cultural exporter of music is korea and they're literally just American music with asian idols.

I thought sjws hated Israel because they kill innocent mozzlins tho

i get a fucking trigger of dormant disappointment whenever i see samurai jack season 5, how the hell did they fuck up that 2nd half and ending so god damn bad I dont get it. You had all this cool build up and playing with the fucked psychology of a broken man and you piss it all the way for some tumblr ass romance that ate up way too much fucking time when it could of been focusing on the actual aku conflict people give a fuck about.

And then the biggest insult to injury, the ending, I don't care about originality too much but Jesus fucking christ when its such a shameless rip off like this one was I cant let it go, almost to the fucking scene composition it was a downright copy of gurren but significantly worse cause who the actual fuck gives a shit about this retarded romance let alone that the pacing of the scene was just dogshit.

I love you genndy, but this season was garbage after such a good start

60s western animation is literally what inspired anime. It was all started by Carl Barks and Scrooge McDuck comics in the 50s, which inspired Tezuka to create Astro Boy. The earliest manga was based on Disney. Similarly, the animation industry was pioneered by Disney. Before them, and before their concept of cel animation, it was a costly and time-consuming procedure. Anime was made possible, and profitable, by Disney.

Pay your fucking respects, weebs. Everything you love exists because of western culture.

Conservative boomers are the only ones that like isreal in america, they are hated by pretty much everyone else especially younger conservatives and liberals.

i understand all the trump hate but why shoehorning israel into this. god what is wrong with amerisharts

walt disney didn't invent cel animation
there were japanese animated works years before tezuka first watched a disney cartoon.

>Conservative boomers are the only ones that like isreal in america
I think you're forgetting another group user

Attached: Gravekeeper's vassal2.jpg (308x450, 55K)

Japan must have a lot of failures then

Attached: 20181206_103752.png (1229x871, 456K)

Was cell animation standardized before Disney? No. Was animation with sound standardized before Disney? No. They might have existed, but Disney proved they were profitable. The industry owes a debt to that frozen, racist fuck.

if there is one thing westerners do better than the japanese animation-wise is CG, I fucking hate how anime CG is always trying to mimic the limitations of 2D animation, it always look like complete garbage

Attached: Love-Death-Robots_690-625x352.jpg (625x352, 52K)

Disregarding OP shitty thread, is there an anime with a similar plot to samurai jack? Lonely unwavering wanderer in an hostile unknown land looking for a way to complete his objective
ideally one that doesn't get shitted on in the end by crappy writing

Casshern Sins is exactly what you're looking for

It was disappointing even without the shoed-in waifu crap and ripped off ending. The stuff with the wolf? Literally nothing. The creepy samurai ghost following him? Was just some butthurt spirit that did nothing and then died. The whole being consumed by anger subplot that caused him to lose the sword? He violently kills the manifestation of his anger in a fit of rage which somehow brings him back into balance and makes him worthy of the sword.

Literally the only parts that didn't end up disappointing as hell in the end were scaramouche and senior citizen scotsman.

Dororo right now

>Casshern Sins

He said DOESN'T get shit on by crappy writing.

That's just like your opinion man

America in the 50’s was the best it’s been in the whole 20th century, it was rich as fuck after the war and just started to modernize with televisions and other new technology. Televised programs and media in general was much more conservative today because people in the industry didn’t want to give their new technology a bad look by publishing material deemed inappropriate. In pretty much everything besides entertainment there was an insane amount of excess, just look at the cars of that time with all the chrome and ridiculous taillights

Have you ever watched the original series? There are tons of characters that just appear and go away with no explanation whatsoever about what they are

but yeah I was disappointed specially with the Wolf, I was expecting it to be the avatar of Amaterasu and Jack's real name being revealed to be Susanoo

Oh look, a retard.

Spiderverse >>>>>>> any anime airing atm.

>[UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL??]
How could I forget about this masterpiece? The shitposting that ensued this was glorious.

economy wise of course america was the best but so many other places had good quality of life without stagnating their culture so hard it hard swung into degeneracy. We're not talking about economics, we're talking about art/entertainment and during the 50s america was rigid and stagnate

oh look someone without an argument.

>french writing
I know this is bait but still I'm curious. What is "french writing" for you? Is that a thing? Seems pretty retarded from where I stand.

Attached: french slowpoke.png (618x538, 164K)

Stop with that retarded spacing already.

You showed us your complete lack of pop cultural knowledge if you thought that everything after the 50's was a reaction against it.

>everything after the 50's was a reaction against it.
It wasn't called counter culture for nothing and that counter culture became the new norm. You've shown your complete lack of knowledge by glorifying the era that sparked the shift in american values because literally everyone that wasn't a soviet puppet had better cultural exports.

Not even comparable spiderverse had a trillion sony dollars behind it and it was worked on for like 5 years

the 80's had a huge revival in 50's kitsch

Of course I watched it. What you're mentioning were things introduced and then ended within self contained arcs in standalone episodes. The things I brought up were shown across multiple episodes and treated as subplots that were building up into something important but none of them had any sort of satisfying conclusion.

I can admit the 80s were everything the 50s should've been. had american cultural exports had been 80s strong during the 50s Muttification of american cultural exports would have been avoided. but alas the 50s happened first so the 80s saw the beginning of rap going from negro poetry to eating pop music in america then eating it in the rest of the world securing negro culture for the foreseeable generations. Even our highs are tainted by the 50s

To be fair a lot of artists think like that.

And yet nobody will give an anime a budget that high because all the talent leaves that fucking financial, corrupt cesspit. Cry about shitty western studios or SJWs or whatever but holy fucking christ the anime industry is a fucking disgrace.
There's no exceptions not muh trigger or muh kyoani or muh indie studio they are all full of talentless, greedy old hacks and businessmen who hate their job and couldn't give a shit about what they do.
Say you were an actual professional with talent in this industry, wouldn't you rather be in California working on Hollywood shit by the beach or in Paris or somewhere with a bit more life than a glassless box in Tokyo. That's a fucking horrible existence. It's not much better in the West in reality but it's a lot better than fucking asian sweatshops.

everyone loves catsstandingup

I wouldn't want to do any sort of job that involves living in California. That state is a shithole from every angle.

movies such as american grafitti, ET, close encounters of the third kind and back to the future all owe a debt to 50's americana.
live in LA where you have to pay 3 gajillion dollars a month for a 5ft shoebox surrounded by mexicans and gangbangers? no thanks.
at least tokyo has a decent transit system.

Different markets, anime is made to sell overpriced merch and a few BDs, no stufio risks that much budget because unlike western works "anime" market is still niche outside of japan so there's no point in pursuing that.

Living and working 14 hour days in Tokyo without ever getting moved up the ladder is complete hell and makes California look like a walk in the park.
Cities in general are shit but not if you're semi-famous and earning good money. That's the lure but at least there's a slim chance you can make it.

Samurai Jack was inspired by anime OP

when you read the good ones, yes. by a large margin.

Why yes, but it's telling that they were made 20+ years after that era ended. meanwhile american cultural exports from the 50s were carry overs from the 40s, negro influence, and the most milquetoast film and television while even japan is making good shit. That's why I say 80s is what the 50s should've been. traditional values, strong culture, and had it been 80s strong during the 50s it'd have been before the civil rights act made stamping out negro cultural exports harder.

Attached: 4e045df2ae57d3b8d607f36ca0e5c68b._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1280x984, 354K)

animators do not become famous, or even semi-famous, and even in america they don't make enough to make living in LA a decent proposition.

To be fair, this is also universally regarded as the worst comic from the big 2 in at least a decade

It's niche for a fucking reason. It's mostly complete dogshit. Judging by the fact that anime made mostly of stills and corny shitty dialogue, bad jokes and completely retarded melodrama is considered masterpieces in the "fandom".
I'm not saying all anime is shit and I'm not some Yea Forums troll. I like it but I'm just getting tired of wading through shit all the time.

If you are tired of wading through shit, then you are tired of anime. If it bothers you so much, just reduce the number of shows you watch each season.

>If it bothers you so much, just reduce the number of shows you watch each season.
This. Filter most shows early in the season and watch about 2 of them.

>It's mostly complete dogshit.
>made mostly of stills and corny shitty dialogue, bad jokes and completely retarded melodrama

I just want to say that all this applies to western cartoons too.

Yeah you're right. I kinda enjoy rewatching older stuff I enjoyed and anime films new and old rather than seasonal shows. Sometimes you can strike gold but I think I should be pickier.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I WANT WESTERN WRITING JAP WRITING BAD OOGA BOOGA JAP BAD

>186726635
Try harder, next time i might give a (You).

>live in California
I'd rather shoot myself

But western shows suck

I will never not be mad at them writing off the Guardian with a pan of his broken glasses.

Did I just have an aneurysm or is that really poorly worded?
Because reading that feel harder than it should.

>unironically reading capeshit

Attached: 1549211153235.jpg (729x720, 103K)

>teaser shows Jack walking through the place where he fought the guardian before
>episode releases
>lmao the guardian was already dead

Attached: rage1.png (500x502, 107K)

Television killed animation. Windsor McCay invented the modern form of animation in the 1910's and from there Disney, Fleischer, Warner Bros, and Universal refined it, with Disney's techniques eventually becoming the standard. This all lead to Sleeping Beauty in 1959, the magnum opus of animation. The film cost $6 million to make, more than any other animated film made in Walt's lifetime. The main goal of the production was to make something that looked beautiful, and pretty much everyone significant in the animation industry who was alive at the time worked on it. After Sleeping Beauty, Disney knew he could never make something like this again. The company switched to the xerography process which skipped inking entirely. This caused their animated films to not look as good, but it saved a lot of money, and the other major studios followed suit. They had to make these cuts, because in 1960, a year after Sleeping Beauty, The Flintstones premiered on ABC. This was the first major success of Hanna-Barbera. It proved that you could make success out of animation that had a shoestring budget. Instead of having a drawing every 1 or 2 frames, they'd have a drawing every 3 or 4 frames. Most of the animation and backgrounds in an episodes were recycled, sometimes even from a different show completely. They wouldn't even bother animating the whole body, just the part that needed to move for that specific scene. Three years after The Flintstones, in 1963, Astro Boy would premiere. Astro Boy followed the Hanna-Barbera model but taken to even more of an extreme. The animation could drop as low as 5 or 6 drawing per frame, a heavy reliance was used on stills to drop the drawing count even further, and dialogue was recorded after the animation was completed to get the episodes out faster. From this is where anime evolved. Instead of the basic principles set by Disney's 9 Old Men, it's the alternate timeline where they were set by Hanna-Barbera.

You should. It's nice and comfy.

>WESTERN WRITING
An essay in each speech bubble, written in size 8 font, narrating what the characters are doing?

fuck off back to Yea Forums westcuck
Funny how you mention copying when samurai jack blatantly copied gurren lagann