Other urls found in this thread:

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
befunky.com/create/collage/
vimeo.com/63905345
imgur.com/a/r5xLXro
files.catbox.moe/okisqm.png
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/F1NDkpZuC9Tk-NCFdLlobw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But, to return to my design, what power was it that drew those stony, oaken, and wild people into cities but flattery? For nothing else is signified by Amphion and Orpheus' harp. What was it that, when the common people of Rome were like to have destroyed all by their mutiny, reduced them to obedience? Was it a philosophical oration? Least. But a ridiculous and childish fable of the belly and the rest of the members. And as good success had Themistocles in his of the fox and hedgehog. What wise man's oration could ever have done so much with the people as Sertorius' invention of his white hind? Or his ridiculous emblem of pulling off a horse's tail hair by hair? Or as Lycurgus his example of his two whelps? To say nothing of Minos and Numa, both which ruled their foolish multitudes with fabulous inventions; with which kind of toys that great and powerful beast, the people, are led anyway.

Attached: Sui generis.jpg (920x920, 1001K)

could you not

+Texhnolyze, Lain, Eva, FLCL ~LOGH, Berserk -NHK, Mushishi, Tatami
+Blame ~Jojo, Slam Dunk -HxH

Attached: terebi no anime(1).png (1080x1080, 2M)

Congrats on rating a meme collage, retard.

5/8

Attached: 3x3.jpg (716x715, 90K)

I'm aware but leaving "meme/9" gets as old as actually rating it eventually

Fuck off.

Bump

Truly the most perfect mosaic ever made.
I hate it (he hates it)
Completely and utterly unremarkable.

Attached: We have fun here.png (1823x1037, 2.58M)

3/4

2/4

2/4

2/3

Attached: 3x3.jpg (908x908, 213K)

Bestgirl version today.

3/5

2/6

2/4

3/5

Attached: manga3x3girls.png (999x999, 1.45M)

As usual, anime as well.

Attached: 3x3girls.png (999x999, 1.47M)

good taste

Attached: revised.jpg (920x920, 375K)

7/9
>LN shit
6/9
8/9

Attached: 60s_theatrical.jpg (1917x816, 397K)

Attached: meme grid.jpg (407x407, 30K)

This is probably the most inaccurate meme 3x3 I've seen posted.

Haven't seen "Free Space". How is it? What did you like about it? Should I watch it if I like Madoka or Eva?

Second time posting in here

5/7

2/4

I like the presentation. Could you name please middle and middle-left? Thanks

Attached: 2x2.png (600x600, 399K)

what are the bottom right?

It's pretty accurate.

>what are the bottom right?
Manga: The Misago, from "Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou"
Anime: Tamara, from "Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger"

>Could you name please middle and middle-left?
Aru Machi Kado no Monogatari, Anju to Zushiomaru

>>LN shit
Only 3 are LN adaptations, the guy you gave 8/9 also has 3

Based Hunterchad

Attached: 1538385118036.png (1057x949, 1.4M)

>the guy you gave 8/9 also has 3
Yeah, but I like 2/3 of his. I like 0/3 of yours.

To adde to that, Jinrui wa and Kino don't have the typical writing tropes that really turn me off from most LN adaptations, like high school settings, self-insert MCs, harem/love-triangle elements, cliche isekai shit, and etc.

Jinrui has all of those at some point except the harem/love-triangle

They're not the focus, though. It's not like you're the only one who lost points for it. I gave 6/9 to that other guy because he has three LN adaptations I don't like. He also had a lot more that I do like though. Your grid pretty much has Texhnolyze, and everything else I don't really care about so I just gave you a meme response instead of a really insulting 2/9 or something.

1/3

1/1

2/2

will any grid ever come close to this?
nothing here for me, bake is the best monogatari part though
most of these shows are fine but it's a pretty banal grid
if it wern't for the fact that the best episode of dandy was already on the grid i might have thought the fishing image was that dandy episode and not kemonozume, grid looks great and i love fuujin, gopri, flcl and uy
yuno is so cute and lovely but overall we have different taste when it comes to this kind of show
we have pretty different taste in girls but it's fine keep loving your anime babes
strange grid hard to even rate
have you read the aku no hana manga? i'm always interested in what people like about the adapatation, interesting grid but i prefer 3x3s to 2x2s

Attached: 3x3b.png (750x750, 789K)

>All charts ITT barely score more than 3/9
Back to the drawing board.

Attached: 3x3 Anime.png (920x920, 1.11M)

Based
2/4
3/7
0/2
0/4
1/4
1/3
1/2
Cringe
0/1
2/4 - You changed your grid? It looks better now.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (940x940, 362K)

Yeesh, watch more anime.

Check out my sweet 6x6. Ignore the text at the top kudasai.

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1554257836092.jpg (1543x1711, 1.78M)

Nice, 36/36

Which one is your grid?

You've only heard of about a third of the anime on most of these grids and porbably seen much less, so what difference does it make? Watch more anime.

3/4

Anime: 4/4
Characters: 3/4

1/4

About half of those are actually good.

Becase most of those grids have moe, SoL or mecha and I don't watch that shit. I watch only anime that I think I'll enjoy, I don't care about having more than 1k anime in my list to brag about if 90% of them are low quality. Now tell me which one is your grid.

>most of those grids have moe, SoL or mecha and I don't watch that shit
Yet you have Natsume Yuujinchou and Gungrave on your grid.
>Now tell me which one is your grid
Wouldn't change anything.

>About half of those are actually good
They're all perfectly fine. Whoever made that image is just a salty bitch who probably only watches Kirara and isekai shit and thinks it makes them a "hardcore otaku."

Natsume is a character study, not just a mindless SoL. Gungrave is the best mafia anime ever made, if we ignore the first episode and those stupid video game fights. The ending and the story of Brandon and Harry alone make it great.

It might have changed a little since I made, but I fucking adore 99% of that anime

Attached: anime3v3.png (1030x975, 1.77M)

>he's a plotfag

>Natsume is a character study, not just a mindless SoL
If you had actually seen a decent amount of SoL shows you'd realize this is the case for many, but like I said earlier it's clear you haven't seen much anime.
>Gungrave is the best mafia anime ever made
That's like being the best horror anime or hentai, really low bar.

2/2
4/4
6/7 -NHK

Attached: 3x3漫画.png (1518x1520, 1.79M)

You have read the manga, right, buddy?

For which show?

JoJo obviously.

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
befunky.com/create/collage/

10/10

2/3
+HxH, Slam Dunk
-Jojo

2/2
+Elf, Re

2/3
+Ping Pong, Evangelion
-Redline

3/3
+UY,Tsukimo, Kemonozume

2/3
+K-On, Nichijou
-Lain

2/3
+HxH, Sailor moon
-OPM

3/4
+Akagi, Madoka, Sakura
-YuruYuri

I actually don't know one.

10/10
+++++++++++++++Free space

What's the one on the top left?

3/3
+Lupin, Sakura, Mononoke

4/4
+HxH, Kuuchuu, Mononoke, Shouwa

Boring.

6/7
+Bepop, FMA, NHK, LoGH, Shouwa, TTGL
-JoJo

0/1
-TPN

Attached: 3x3.png (1057x848, 1.49M)

I've seen the most critically acclaimed and popular SoL and read a few SoL manga and they are all mindless trash that try to stimulate your mind by giving you "every day life scenes" that you can familiarize with. There is no creativity and originality in that.
A lot of anime have tried to make a good mafia/gangster story, like Baccano or Gangsta, and they all fail compared to Gungrave, because the storyline is so great and the characters are so engaging that it deserves a movie adaptation. In the hands of a good screenwriter and director, the ending product would be similar to the Godfather. It's a story of friendship and betrayal seen from different views and how the conceptions of those values can change depending on the perspective.
Also, I find it really pathetic that you keep bragging about having watched a lot of anime, when what really matters is the quality of what you have watched and not the quantity. Because at the end of the day only 200-300 anime are really worth watching.

Attached: 1498233688261.png (202x262, 68K)

>top left
Aku no hana

good taste

>186626251
>186626280
>+HxH, Sailor moon
The manga one doesn't have Sailor Moon. (It's "Codename wa Sailor V".)

Stop that shit. He just needs to use a proper image editor. Your suggestions are hardly better than what he already has.

+Shouwa
I'm pretty sure neither of those grids have SGRS on them

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ueno-san wa Bukiyou - 09 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_03.31_[2019.03.23_02.03.23].jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

Both of those websites work fine, I've made like 70% of my mosaics on them.

>try to stimulate your mind by giving you "every day life scenes" that you can familiarize with. There is no creativity and originality in that.
This is like saying landscape paintings are pointless because you can go look at a hill. It's about capturing the nuances of human behaviour. There's plenty of artistic value in that, and it's at the core of many artists entire careers.
>at the end of the day only 200-300 anime are really worth watching
There's many more, but you wouldn't be able to appreciate them with your pea brain anyways.

Hm..

Attached: IMG_20190403_130449_967.jpg (640x640, 93K)

Samefagging HxH retard is at it again. He's probably the other guy who's replying to him as well.

>Both of those websites work fine
Those sites usually rescale the input images in the worst way possible. They also rob you of any authority and creative freedom.

>I've made like 70% of my mosaics on them.
So what? Just because your 3x3 look horrible you want everyone else's to look the same?

Not him, but I pretty much just use bighugelabs or paint, and I get compliments on my grids frequently.

You know why landscape paintings were popular back in the day? Because they didn't have photography yet, so a lot of rich people commissioned those kind of naturalistic paintings for sentimental or decorative reasons. It wasn't an art form, it was just business.
Yeah, I'm sure watching anime from the 60s (I'm quite sure your grid is that artsy 60s anime) makes you feel really smart, doesn't it?

You're actually a retard.

>You know why landscape paintings were popular back in the day?
They still are.
>It wasn't an art form
What are you even talking about?
>I'm quite sure your grid is that artsy 60s anime
It's not, but keep guessing.

It's probably that creep who keeps posting Erasmus quotes.

Yeah they obviously don't look as good as what a real image editing software can get you, but they're a solid alternative that don't really sacrifice image quality with the resizing you're talking about. Take, for example, the most important work of art in the 3x3 canon. It was made using bighugelabs.

Attached: The future is now.jpg (615x615, 94K)

So, which one is your grid, then? Stop hiding like a coward.

>please use a trip code!
>I can't defend myself without browsing your post history!

Attached: 3x3anime.jpg (3264x3264, 2.48M)

No, but as soon as P5 finishes airing, I'm gonna dive in and read P6/7/8. Part of me just wants to read a manga again, but I know I won't be able to wait years for more Jojo

You are so insecure that makes me feel bad for you. First you keep bringing up that you've watched way more anime than everyone else, as if that's a badge of honour, and then you refuse to show your grid because you're scared of getting exposed or ridiculed.

>bighugelabs or paint
>I get compliments on my grids
I seriously doubt that, even if your panels themselves look good.

>don't really sacrifice image quality
I don't know which one of those sites it is, but one upscales everything to somewhere around 1000x1000px. Those 3x3 are as ugly as they can possibly get.

>the most important work of art in the 3x3 canon
I appreciate your irony. The one you attached doesn't look horribly rescaled, but it still looks incredibly stardard.

>you've watched way more anime than everyone else
Just you.
>you refuse to show your grid
But I already posted it?

>I seriously doubt that, even if your panels themselves look good.
Okay, you're welcome to look through the archives. I made this one on bighugelabs, and I think it's probably one of the best looking grids that gets posted here.
>it still looks incredibly stardard
Not him, but get your eyes checked.

Attached: la forme féminine.jpg (1200x1200, 332K)

Hey, you take that back, that mosaic established the 2x2 as a viable alternative to the 3x3 years ago. The point is those websites I linked don't make super pretty mosaics but they make passable non shitty mosaics for people who can't figure out how to use GIMP.

Imagine being the absolute hipster contrarian that made that chart

Attached: 1407011702729.gif (500x281, 900K)

>I made this... I think it's probably one of the best looking grids
Genius.

Attached: 1554196578420.jpg (665x720, 74K)

>I think it's probably one of the best looking grids that gets posted here.

Attached: 1462898002030.png (644x482, 148K)

Nothing wrong with a little self-confidence, user!

Attached: [Doremi].Ojamajo.Doremi.13.[640x480].[CCE103F8].v2.mkv_snapshot_06.22_[2018.06.07_22.06.48].jpg (640x480, 46K)

meme/9
3/5
5/5
3/4
4/4

Attached: 3x3anime.jpg (3264x2976, 2.74M)

>I think it's probably one of the best looking grids that gets posted here.
The only good thing about it is that it has tits. Most of them quite well drawn. For some people that might be enough.
But there's nothing about the composition that looks good: Colour schemes clash, there's no common perspective, no direction to how the panels are ordered. You just took 16 pics you liked and let a program mash them together without any sense of aesthetics and harmony.

>The point is those websites I linked don't make super pretty mosaics but they make passable non shitty mosaics for people who can't figure out how to use GIMP.
Yeah, you're pretty much 100% correct about that. The thing is: Using GIMP is incredibly quick and easy. So there's really no excuse not to use it.

Check

I'm not seeing it, buddy.

I'm drunk rn, meant to dsay Natsume

None of those anime are called Shouwa user!

Attached: 1529120778776.jpg (472x472, 39K)

Why do you keep shilling for GIMP?

What's wrong with GIMP?

im sorry i meant to type Natsume im miserable rn

Attached: dc.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

>But there's nothing about the composition that looks good
I think it has a good selection of eclectic shots with a strong theme based in visuals. My main point was that it isn't being held back by using bighugelabs.

>have you read the aku no hana manga?
No, i haven't. Should i?

>interesting grid but i prefer 3x3s to 2x2s
I'm just getting started with anime. Haven't seen that much yet, so sadly i don't got enough faves to fill an entire 3x3, haha

Name for top left please? Thanks

vimeo.com/63905345

>good selection
>strong theme
None of which is composition.

>My main point was that it isn't being held back by using bighugelabs.
It is though.
Try remaking it by hand and order it in a way the panels won't clash with one another - or clash in a certain pattern. Opt for maybe including a neutral (but preferably not white) thin border, to avoid too stark a contrast between the panels themselves.
It's really easy to improve that 3x3 of yours in the copositional department if one is willing to invest a bit of effort.

Thanks again! Much appreciated

I need an example, please post a good looking 3x3 so I can know what to strive towards.

>No, i haven't. Should i?
idk i havent read it either, i only asked because a lot of people read the manga were incredibly disappointing with the adaptation due to the rotoscoping, personally i found it quite limiting but i still enjoyed watching the show all the same
>I'm just getting started with anime. Haven't seen that much yet, so sadly i don't got enough faves to fill an entire 3x3, haha
fair enough, i hope you find more you're able to enjoy

Sorry, retard. Whichever one I'd post, you'd just try to nitpick and insult it with made up "criticism".
Let's try to be constructive and actually try to better that horrible thing you uploaded, okay?

It sounds like you're actually just scared to upload a mosaic. It doesn't matter if I "nitpick" whatever you post because if it's actually good, and you sincerely believe its good, whatever minor criticisms someone can come up shouldn't phase you. For the record that isn't my mosaic either and I think it's ugly, but you still aren't going to post anything (probably because you don't have anything good looking made and are just talking out of your ass).

>Try remaking it by hand and order it in a way the panels won't clash with one another - or clash in a certain pattern. Opt for maybe including a neutral (but preferably not white) thin border, to avoid too stark a contrast between the panels themselves
I could do all of that on there.

Why are you chickening out? Post what you consider a good looking grid.

Yesterday someone said that there are two people in these threads who know how to make grids. Are you one of them?

>It sounds like you're actually just scared to upload a mosaic.
I have posted mine. But with it just being a variation on my regular one, it was not made with aesthetics in mind. Anyway: What I said still stands, people like you are waiting like vultures to throw unfounded insults at whatever grid I upload just so you can feel that you've invalidated my criticisms. I won't fall for that trick.

>Why are you chickening out?
See above.

>Are you one of them?
I wasn't even in yesterday's thread. No idea who that guy might have been talking about.

cringe

>variation on my regular one
Ok I know who you are now and spoilers your mosaics aren't super pretty normally.

From what i've seen the manga seems way more "anime-esque" (at least in regard of the visuals), if that makes sense.
About the adaptation i liked how the pacing and atmosphere were like none other in modern anime. It took the basis from the manga but then gave it a whole different wrapping (that imo works better for the type of story that is being narrated)

>i hope you find more you're able to enjoy
Ey thanks!! By the way, care to please name bottom-right in your 3x3? Thx in advance, and take care

Attached: 1508655755424.png (778x408, 203K)

>About the adaptation i liked how the pacing and atmosphere were like none other in modern anime. It took the basis from the manga but then gave it a whole different wrapping (that imo works better for the type of story that is being narrated)
i can agree with this, i think the uncanny feel of the rotoscoping produced something that actually complimented the story really well, but i find it hard to say whether i really liked or disliked it
>By the way, care to please name bottom-right in your 3x3
mononoke

You the guy with Sirius the Jaeger? Yeah, that titty grid looks a lot better than yours do.

See, no constructive suggestions from you. Just dismissal. That's the problem when you open yourself up to retards on an image board.
Anyway, yes, that's my 3x3, and it has an obvious compositional direction about colours and contrasts. Of course, many people have no sense for something like that at all.
Just remember that you are defending negligence and lazyness over actually making something by hand.

Anyway, I did a very quick reshuffling of the tits one. Tried to keep it simple and ordered it using the dominant colours. Also added a thin border. Two version:
>imgur.com/a/r5xLXro

If you were trying to go for a gradient with those two you failed miserably

You made it look worse.

A bunch of those aren't regular picks on these threads but I understand the message there.

Jesus Christ. Don't tell me you're actually the guy who constantly uses buzzwords in cinegrid threads, calling the composition of every grid shit despite never actually having produced anything of value yourself? Always claiming for there to be better shots, but never actually backing it up. Oh no no no no no.

Based, how will webappfags ever recover?

Oh no no no HAHAHAHAHAHA
>COMPOSITION
>THIS
HAHAHAHHAAHAH
>THEME
>ON THIS
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
>COLOR ARANGEMENT
>ON THIS
HAHAHAHHAHAHA

>hurr durr, pretty matching colors
Looked better when it was more sporadic, now it's just unbalanced.

Look at this fucking pseud.

Attached: 1450827833635.jpg (236x314, 13K)

>If you were trying to go for a gradient with those two you failed miserably
No gradient. You can't make a gradient from 4 predominantly red panels, 3 greenish-blue and 2 blue ones, with the rest either desaturated to the point where they're as good as white or with a multitude of colours mixed in.
All I tried was clustering the colours. Even with that, one could do a better job, of course, but I really didn't want to spend more than five minutes on that grid.
One thing one should probably do is going over each panel and try to get them all on a comparable level of saturation. There's just so much you can do without altering what you are given to work with.

>You made it look worse.
No. I gave it some kind of direction. The original one was entirely random.

>going over each panel and try to get them all on a comparable level of saturation
Yeah, dude just desaturate the shit out of everything. That will look great.

That's the grid of the guy babbling about composition? He's either a top tier troll or mentally inept.

Attached: 141432954744.jpg (923x599, 513K)

No idea who you are talking about.

>Looked better when it was more sporadic, now it's just unbalanced.
It wasn't "sporadic". Yes, you might as well try spreading the pics out. One option would be putting the four red ones in the corners. The obvious problem with that is the uneven number of green/blue panels though. Desaturating one of them might help with that.

9/9
8/9
9/9
9/9
9/9
9/9
2/9
9/9
9/9
9/9
9/9
9/9
9/9
9/9
9/9
9/9
good taste everybody

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3752x2716, 1.53M)

Like I said before: That one was not made with aesthetics in mind. It's a themed one where I just put the panels where their position was according to my original 3x3.

Well, anyway, this thread has pretty much been derailed by you shitters just because I offered suggestions to someone and spoke out against people using shitty "mosaic makers".
Might as well post my original one.

Attached: 3x3.png (999x999, 1.76M)

These threads drop in quality by the day.

Attached: 1491848199053.jpg (274x359, 39K)

can someone explain me what those 3x3 are? been lurking for a long time now but never understood those 3x3 threads

No way, bro. You're seriously talking about composition and aesthetics when your grids look like cartoonish garbage? What's wrong with you?
This gird you just posted looks like it was made by a 12 year old child with autism for some special class project.

I'm not going to desaturate perfectly good screenshots, you philistine.

>derails the entire thread talking about how unaesthetic others grids are
>literally using cropped promo images as his main grid
FUCK OFF

These threads never had any quality, just circlejerking and people giving good scores just so they can fit in with the cool guys.

Guys, GUYS. He framed each picture in GOLD so it's good!

Attached: 1498791351169.jpg (359x377, 35K)

>themed one
>it's a gril from every show
Nice theme my man. About 90% of the grids in these threads have a theme similar to yours. Stop talking about composition when there is exactly one person in these threads who makes grids that look good. And unlike hyouim, he actually calls his own grids ugly.

Your 9 favorite anime

You're honestly one of the best case studies in the Dunning-Kruger effect I've encountered in these threads, and that's saying something.
>Of course, many people have no sense for something like that at all.
My sides.

>implying half of these retards didn't force themselves to watch an anime and put it there just because it was named """Yea Forums-core"""

The 9 most obscure anime you’ve seen

That retard literally used some posters from MAL in his grid. My fucking sides.

Attached: 1537472490890.jpg (400x400, 22K)

So much for constructive criticism, right?
If something has saturated colours, you call it "cartoonish" - figures.
Look at the dominant colours, the backgrounds and how they contrast. The composition is extremely obvious.
I'm not even claiming that my grid looks perfect. But you obviously can't give any well-founded criticism at all.
Again, all you're doing right now is probably retaliation for my harsh words on your site-of-choice for making your grid.

There are two guys that post short film grids that look pretty good. One is yellow and black, the other has some guy eating a baby, but those might actually be the same user. If you're talking about the dude with Fafner and Gamba on his grid, then you should know he is posting in this thread right now.

Alternately:
The 9 most acclaimed anime you've seen.
The 9 oldest anime you've seen.

>talking about himself in third person

Attached: 1498872503189.png (221x380, 109K)

user i wanna be ur friend

>those might actually be the same user
They are not.

I'm not the guy you were talking to. I was actually agreeing with you until you posted that low quality saturated imgur picture and then your shitty cartoonish grid. You have no sense of aesthetics at all and your taste in anime is newfag-tier.

>Fafner [...] on his grid
It's not 2017 anymore, boomer. I removed Fafner a long time ago.

Attached: 1549613608424.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

I'm not the Fafner guy, I'm just pretty sure he posts in these threads without posting his grid sometimes.

Well, let's drop this debate about aesthetics and composition. People wanted me to post mine, so I did. Again, I'm not caliming it's perfect like those I have criticised did with theirs.
And, again, I predicted that I would get this reaction from countless retards in here once I open up about what my 3x3 is. No shock there.

The bad thing is how this thread has suffered just from me trying to be helpful and keeping people from using programs that will make their collages look worse. I guess that can't be helped, and people will always keep on choosing the path they deem easier, even if their estimation is wrong.

>If something has saturated colours, you call it "cartoonish" - figures.
It's not because of the saturation. Refer to

You're the delusional retard who thinks that a grid with promo art looks better than actually impressive grids like just because you can use GIMP.

Bro, what the fuck. You know I can only watch anime that gets posted on 3x3s, and I was just about to watch Fafner. You've fucking betrayed me, now what am I supposed to watch?

Don't worry, geniuses are often misunderstood. Caravaggio and Van Gogh weren't appreciate during their time either. One day everyone in the 3x3 threads will understand your genius.

Attached: 1447858816144.jpg (485x480, 28K)

>arguing over grid aesthetics
ah, so this is where 3x3 threads are at now.

Attached: [nighthwk] Kodocha - 28 [DVD 480p AAC Dual Audio] [46E4781E][00:13:11]001.png (700x540, 331K)

You cheeky bastard.

Attached: 1532902939462.png (546x578, 493K)

>actually impressive grids
Using shorts AND borders it literally cheating by the way. Nothing impressive about cheating.
Fafner of course. ZA BEYONDO will be released soon. Since you'll need 4 months to get through the travesty that is Dead Aggressor you might actually make it in time for the BD release.

Caravaggio was appreciated to an extent, but he constantly got into bar fights and killed some dude so he had to flee town a lot.

>Dead Aggressor
>travesty
Fuck OFF, the first season of Fafner is actually very good. Certainly it's not as good as Exodus, but I liked it.

Well this is a way to make 3x3 threads interesting, I guess.

Attached: jz.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Shut the hell up Sana-chan!

If I compared Dead Aggressor to Exodus or Right of Left my verdict inevitably is: WRITER CHANGE

>Using shorts AND borders it literally cheating by the way
You're one of those kids that was always making up new rules for hide-and-seek or four square.

DA had the writer change midway through the series though. It gets very good once they give us that infodump about the entire context.
I still like the whole thing though, and would definitely rewatch it again.

Attached: 1528850405760.jpg (960x4320, 496K)

Here, have one last try at improving it.

>files.catbox.moe/okisqm.png

I put in some more effort this time, just so you can see that changing saturation levels does not ruin your "perfectly good screenshots".
This one comes closer to what can be done if you're willing to seriously consider how you want it to look. It's still far from perfect. I made it in less than ten minutes, mind you.
You could as well try slight hue changes of the "neutral" panels towards that light blue some of them already have.

>self inserts as Soushi
Figures. You wanna tell me about your vending machine next?

I've been scrambling to choose what one to replace to put Evangelion.
Honestly I think I may replace the top left box, I am only struggling to figure out what picture to use.

I will begin to rate each of yours in my next post.

Attached: my 3x3.jpg (900x757, 260K)

Sushi IS the best boy, let's be honest.

what's the point of these threads?

Dude, literally any one of those being replaced is a big improvement.
Holy shit taste Robin.

Thank god he's gonna die in BEYONDO.

And sadly yes I am in my late 20s

To get in arguments

We jerk off together until everyone cums and then we argue about meaningless shit until the thread dies.

>he's gonna die in BEYONDO.
no way, user. he'll just be reborn again.

Haha
>Caravaggio and Van Gogh
>geniuses
get some eyes at the eye store bitch

Circlejerk and pseud shit flinging.

Nope, he's gonna die. I was involved in the Sunrise Beyond merger and the script got leaked to my email account by accident. Sushi dies, for good.

Troglodyte.

Just replace any of those except HxH and Madoka, which are the only good ones in your grid.

personally i like to discuss anime and i also learn about lots of new things i might like, but mostly it's just arguments about whatever happens to incite some anger first

>Sunrise Beyond
well, it's a good think XEBEC Zwei is IG property, then.

I come here to learn about composition. If you don't know what that is: Google it, newfag.

>hxh
>good

Attached: 1498335119796.jpg (630x418, 40K)

You make it really hard for this to be fun, buzzkill.

Attached: 1525478792637.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

lol

Stop suggesting he replace anything. It's his favourites, not yours. Yes, he seems to be into moe stuff and SoL. So what? It's his choice. Not your taste, not mine either. But his.

You can call me a troglodyte all you want bitch, doesn't make your taste any less shit, or your art knowledge any less constraint, go make another of those 3x3 mosaics lmao

>Meguca
>good

don't joke about Sushi dying, user. I don't take it lightly!!

Attached: [Dekinai] Soukyuu No Fafner Dead Aggressor; Exodus - 13 [E419810B][00:20:50]001.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

HxH is actually garbage, but Lucky Star is pretty patrician.

Someone else's favorite anime is my business too, retard.

He said he wants to replace one of those and I said any will do because he has shit taste; he started the conversation by acknowledging he wants something changed.

Kill yourself.

Try watching or reading HxH before you talk shit.

>He said he wants to replace one of those
Yes, but he didn't ask for your opinion on which one it should be. And had he done so, that would have been stupid, as it is supposed to represent his taste and not the universially agreed on by people in this thread.

That's another reason as to why I said any of them will do instead of specifying a single pick you fucking retard.

Who the fuck thought allowing blacks near electronics was a good idea?

They better die this season, otherwise I am losing faith in this franchise. It's been a bit too much in Exodus. At least one of them needs to bite the grass for good. Conan dying was fine. She was shit anyway. I am cool as long as Maya survives.
Not a laughing matter. I am here to educate myself.

Attached: 1532812347026.jpg (692x692, 97K)

It was just an advice, there is no harm in that. Besides, his taste is garbage, so he could use some criticism.

>as long as Maya survives.
I think if anyone dies, it'll be Maya, to be quite honest.

She survived being a hostage, multiple Fenrir ambushes and some guy threatening her with a gun. She will prevail. MY SECOND WIFE MAYA will survive and procreate.

That's what I'm saying, she's on thin ice.
If there's any actual romantic developments in the new series, that's a death flag.

I've done both already.

With ME you baboon. Not any of the filthy half festum freaks like Kazuki. He's genetically tainted. Our romance happens indepedent of the script.

Only true Hunter fans know what scene that image comes from.

Attached: 1550669319424.jpg (271x275, 14K)

Not liking HxH should be considered a pathology and treated with the prescription of medicinals that correct the imbalances of neurotransmitters.

Easy shit, Killua and Gon say goodbye to each other.

no u

Chairman Election OP?

8/8 absolutely based taste

What's the one in the middle?

Attached: mpv-shot0037.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

Monogatari

8/9 then. Still extremely good taste, especially for a 3x3 thread.

Sometimes I feel sorry for people like you. Hang in there guys.

2/8

3/3

3/8

Anime: 4/5
Characters: 5/5

Anime: 6/9
Characters: 7/10

5/7

3/6

4/8

2/5

Original poster of that grid here,
Don't worry user he most likely hasn't watched the majority of my grid, I doubt he is old enough to have lived through the Haruhi era let alone know what the NHK is.

Incorrect retard

Nope
This is an actual scene

Can't you just make a normal 3x3 that isn't some overly specific theme?

I could, but that's not as fun.

>this shit is shit too so that ok
hmm

Too afraid of being judged based on anime someone has actually seen instead of some obscure shit only you and some other autists care about?

user... I hate to break it to you, but Maya's probably holding hands with Kazuki RIGHT NOW.

you know, this entire thread only justifies this chart

Attached: 1475203791804.png (300x300, 20K)

Why do you care?

I want to see if you're hot shit when you're not hiding behind some pretentious shit from the 60s that isn't even anime.

>Toei and Tezuka films are somehow "not anime"
Which one of the Huntards am I arguing with this time?

Just admit you're too embarrassed to post a normal 3x3, and stop ruining these threads with your pretentious shit.

But he's posted normal 3x3s in the past.

Here you go buddy, since you seemed so interested. I'm sure you'll think this is pretentious too, but I made it just for you. ;)

Attached: ''normal'' 3x3.jpg (904x904, 273K)

About as excellent as I expected. Sasuga Anonymous.

>bunch of kids shows and forgotten old movies no one watches
It's trash.

6/6
Not the guy you're arguing with, but that's pretty much the opposite of "pretentious". Genuinely good stuff. Feels a bit too agreeable, but if that's your taste, so be it.

There's no pleasing some people.

Attached: [Doremi].Ojamajo.Doremi.21.[640x480].[9F5014D0].v2.1.mkv_snapshot_18.19_[2018.06.13_04.42.12].jpg (640x480, 48K)

Attached: Screenshot_61.png (442x439, 16K)

best 3x3 in the thread.

Ok, ok, it's finally here. The 3x3 of things I've recently watched or rewatched and managed to enjoy quite a bit. Please forgive the lackluster composition. I didn't dedicate 4 weeks of my time to making this, something I usually do. Now give me your (You)'s.

Book of the Dead didn't even show up on your Topsters list. Calling you a bloody liar.
5/9 -NHK, Tatatmi, Monogatari, Crybaby

Literally no grids in this thread. Wow. Gotta scroll 50 posts.

3.5/4 ~Oni
Think 19/35
4/9 +Shima, Dennou, 008, Agent
Looks better than the other one at least
3/4 I need to give Aku Hana another try. Last time I watched it I couldn stand the MC and dropped it. He was just a tad too pathetic for me. I can deal with beta and insecure protagonists, but fuck that little faggot.
Think this was 5.5/9, don't quote me on that one ~Guliver, Puss, Anju -009, Horus. With a lot of these it depends on my daily moot.
5.5/9 ~3gatsu, bottom row. You know, could you get rid of that? I wanna give this fullmarks but...

Attached: 1540622755602.png (1599x900, 2.49M)

1/1
How do the "things you've recently watched" relate to your actual favourites?

Hand over the bottom right title OR ELSE.

>You know, could you get rid of that?
Oi, put up your dukes and meet me outside.

Attached: 1539742209284.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

How long have you been on HRT?

Wakaokami movie. Probably one of the most enjoyable experiences in recent memory, albeit a tad rushed. Vastly prefer it over the TV show.
Aren't even close. Golden Time might be able to make a favourite list of shorts, but no more than that. Thought it was genuinely funny. The movies would likely make a top40 Topsters list. All of them I reckon. They were quite well animated and directed, and Cheburashka had incredible animation, was very endeering and and gave me additional respect for Japanese stop motion. I wasn't aware Makoto Nakamura was this good of a director. The movie has some really stunning sequences, particularly at the circus. Animation wise, it's probably better than anything Kawamoto has ever made.

Bisnhou-tan and Kiseki were fun, but ultimately nothing special. Invisible was great, but too short. Cool concept, though, and extremely well animated. First Buddha movie was very good, but with a loose trigger finger on the time skips. Felt a tad disjointed at times, but still waaaay above average or what I've gotten used to. All in all, most of these probably manage to make something like top200 or something. Some really enjoyable stuff.

Listen Nico, you aren't strong enough to fight me.

Attached: 1550607978114.webm (854x480, 2.9M)

>Book of the Dead didn't even show up on your Topsters list
Must've been a mind fart, but I have also rewatched the film recently and it really is a masterpiece. I love all of Kawamoto's work. Almost every 3x3 I've made that could include some of his work has.

You seem really insecure.

>Invisible
The porn OVA?

Attached: 1434264011955.gif (491x399, 1.45M)

It's a short film by Akihiko Yamashita about some guy who is, duh, Invisible and has no natural bodyweight.

Attached: 1549033832958.webm (854x480, 2.87M)

Attached: octopus.png (750x750, 792K)

>Not liking NHK

Thank you for exposing your age to me faggot zoomer

Not him, but I'm a millennial, and that show is retarded.

NHK is ok. Not bad nor great - just ok.

Attached: 1496106153834.png (529x643, 394K)

NHK is terrible. Not good or ok - just terrible. The only people who actually like it are, ironically, zoomers.

Attached: 1544800284990.png (850x510, 363K)

Not him but I'm a milennial and that show is not good nor ok nor terrible - but great.

Attached: mosaic manga.jpg (920x920, 301K)

NHK is fucking garbage, dude

"dude i got depression and i'm 17 at most" the anime

If you're gonna attack on a person based on his opinion at least be sure to don't preach about a show that pathetic

I watched NHK as an edgy teen and didn't like it, and I've also rewatched it as an adult and still didn't like it.

4/5
Good. Every manga-3x3 should include Yotsuba!

I tried drawing a Zaku from memory. How did I do /3x3/?

Attached: zaku.png (800x600, 39K)

He cute

Thanks. I might try doing Big Zam next.

based, would work better as a 1 cour show, it has too much repetitive shit as is.

Give him a little beer bottle!

The shading seems slightly inconsistent. You also should try to use a program that's not Paint and has some "smooth stroke" mode.
If you want specific criticism concerning mecha-anatomy, I'm afraid I can't help you. You might want to ask some artists on /m/ about that.

Here.
I tried to draw it as if the light source were coming from just right of him. To account for this I've added a little bit more shading on his left arm as well as a few highlights. How's that look?

Attached: zaku.png (800x600, 43K)

Zeon did everything wrong.

The highlights work - they are too stark a contrast though.
What I meant by inconsistencies was actually the shape of the shadows not matching the shape of the parts they're on, And some of them missing altogether where pieces seem to overlap. Like the plates of the of the upper arms over the lower arms, which should throw a slight shadow in inside of the "elbow".

I like how you threw in a few moeshit picks just to make sure you get absolutely everyone

Attached: gm.png (800x600, 46K)

Thank you, I will be saving this and using it without your permission now.

I'm very new and I don't know what is on your pictures

Send me recs

Attached: aids.jpg (928x928, 266K)

More Bones anime

>Send me recs
I recommend you go to

I am extremely autistic when it comes to everything being even also I'm just retarded and cannot make this on my own.
is there a good 3x3 converter out there?

>is there a good 3x3 converter out there?
No. It's also an extremely easy enterprise, no matter how retarded you are. Do you want a step by step instruction? I can tell you exactly what to do to make one with GIMP.
Hell, if you really can't get it done yourself, I'd even sacrifice ten minutes and make you one if you provide 9 pictures and information on how you want it to look. Still, you're better off making it yourself.

Ahem, read the thread.

1/4
boring/35 :^)
4/7
3/8
1/9 come on user what are you doing

Attached: 3times3.jpg (2172x2172, 2.04M)

I think you just took the title for "most boring 3x3." Congratulations!

Nuh uh, I prefer PB over Paprika.
R& or leave my taste alone.

Attached: 1459903530876.png (1099x1195, 1.38M)

Literally everyone prefers PB to Paprika.

Attached: 1532456433086.png (323x323, 113K)

The boring 6x6 doesn't. Are you gonna r& or just shitpost?

Yes those are my actual favorites and I don't give a shit.

Attached: 1492182518268.jpg (500x410, 26K)

How does one "R&" someone's taste?

It's not the most exciting one for sure, but I've seen far less spectacular 3x3. This one at least has some variety and mostly good picks.

>How does one "R&" someone's taste?
By comparing it to one's own, obviously.

Is r8 easier for you to understand, m8?

Don't you mean "m&"?

Atta boy.

I don't get it. Why are people mixing movies and shows?

>Why are people mixing movies and shows?
Because it's about favourite anime. And both are anime. What's your problem with that approach?

Attached: 90a23914c2380a68b40c580d009eafbb6f0373f8_00.jpg (512x401, 66K)

Are movies not anime?

I kinda get where you're comin from. Especially when ya get to the point of watching so many anime movies and shows. What are your thoughts on OVAs mixing in with shows?

OVAs can be anything from short films to 100+ episode series, so the distinction is really arbitrary now that everything is distributed digitally.

>the distinction is really arbitrary
So is the distinction between a series and a "movie":
Films can be over 3 hours long and have a consistent narrative. A series might consist of 10 episodes of 20 minutes length (for a combined runtime of 3 hours and 20 minutes). Both can be watched in one sitting, confortably at home.

The last OP?

here's another low effort 3x3 post for the pile

Attached: 3x32019.jpg (3988x3988, 1.52M)

Don't rate who doesn't rate and help salvage what's left of 3x3 threads.

>no hxh
BASED Hunterchads confirmed superior taste.

3/5
No matter how new you are, at least rate what you know.

6/8

Anime: 4/5
Characters: 3/5
Please rate others.

May I ask which ones you considered a minus?
I'm the guy you gave 6/8.

Ergo Proxy. Not genuinely "bad", but not good enough in my estimation to earn a point.
The other minus is down to both VEG and Rurouni Kenshin not being full points either, although Rurouni Kenshin comes relatively close.
You could say it's more like a 6.33/8 or maybe even a 6.5/8 , but I don't do partial points.

Thank you for the reply.
Fuck you Ergo Proxy is my GOAT.

+Lain, FLCL, Eva, CCS

+Lain, Eva, RuroKen I really need to watch the movie(s)/OVA(s) again

+Patlabor, Jojo

+Gundam, CCS

Attached: Anime3x3.png (474x686, 806K)

Your taste is shit !

Attached: My taste.jpg (3264x3264, 3M)

Attached: 1486244041180.gif (323x221, 207K)

That's not actually OP's taste. But you knew that already, didn't you?
Anyway, nice inverse 3x3.

7/8

0/5

>./5
What do you mean you don't know everything in there.

I "know" everything in there. I definitely haven't seen everything in there. And I have no plans to do so.

Congrats on finding a excuse for rating a meme collage, retard

Hey to love ru is good

People insecure about their trash taste are the ones who try their best to convince themselves that's a meme list so they can sleep better at night and it shows

I don't get it. Why you're an idiot.

Touche. Making a meme grid with nothing but great shows doesn't suddenly make those shows not great.

Attached: 1521743403037.jpg (341x620, 58K)

>convince themselves that's a meme list
It LITERALLY is a meme list. People post it as a joke. The OP most definitely posted it as a joke. That doesn't mean the things on it are bad or that you can't have an opinion on it (I'd rate it 5/9).
But it is a meme.

there's nothing funny about good anime being put together on a chart, you know

It's neither supposed to be funny nor about "good anime". Do you really not get that meme? It's a sarcastic statement on these threads and some of the people who post in here. The point is that these 9 anime, no matter how good they are or aren't, are the perfect balance of popular/accessible/agreeable to be put on a grid by people trying to appear "legit" and get high scores.
Your desire to defend these 9 shows (despite no one attacking them) is very indicative of how they are generally seen and treated in here. By your insistance on how it's not a meme you are demonstrating why there is something to that meme.

Not that user but it took me like a year and a half to get through the first season of Fafner cause of how terrible and boring it was. Right of Left wasn't very good either but at least the 2 30 second fight scenes looked interesting. Gonna try to watch Heaven and Earth and Exodus before Beyond starts airing, they better be worth going through that dumpster fire of a first season.

Thread's probably dead but I worked for a good few hours on this

Attached: 3x3.png (900x900, 1.18M)

Anime: 1/6
Characters: 2/6
Cars: 0/1
Well-made on a technical level (better than the other "full body" grids), but it seems a bit ... stuffy ... overcrowded.

Attached: 3x3.png (1092x1112, 1.34M)

4/4

"dude just turn off your brain and have fun" the grid

>SZS
Instant 50/50, maybe higher

Attached: Screenshot (280).png (3840x2160, 2.35M)

If Mob Psycho 100 isn't in your 3x3 it just means you didn't watch it yet. Which is only fine if you just got internet connection today.

Shitposters falling for memes by other shitposters. Classic.

well at least half of them are good

>3 anime for girls paired with tripple shounen shit, a porno and an art house film about puppets... for good measures of course
Trying a bit too hard to stand out. Mosaic also looks like shit. Probably the most dishonest post in the history of 3x3 threads.

>anime for girls
>shounen
Interesting. That you think in those categories reveals far more about you than about him.

I'm both hebephile and ephebophile. Amazing, huh?

Attached: Three by Three.jpg (1050x1050, 637K)

Out of my way, pseuds. Peak 3x3s coming through. As far as aesthetic coherency and C O M P O S I T I O N go, there's nothing that comes close to them. These grids carry about as much artistic merit as the works they consist of. And I bet they were made with some shitty webapp.

Attached: 1544560520754.jpg (920x920, 246K)

Attached: 1549873283158.jpg (920x920, 227K)

4/6

2/2

If you have to include Western animation, at least make it something that's not obviouly Disney.

1/3

>hebephile
Why do you pedos always come up with new words for your sick fetish?
All you need to do to make your grid aesthetics is to use cinematic shots with high quality pictures. Your grid lacks both of those requirements.
1/3

8/9
3/4
7/8
2/4
7/9
1/4
3/4
2/2
3/3
4/6
6/7
4/8
6/7
4/7
6/8
3/6
8/9
3/8
4/7
7/9
4/5
3/3
1/8, +To Love Ru
8/9
5/7
1/2
1/2

Attached: mosaic0b6c0729371a7b5be519e73db4a1b164104d2939.jpg (932x932, 299K)

>3 anime for girls paired with tripple shounen shit,
As opposed to what? Those are just demographics. You're lumping shows as different as Lupin, Urusei Yatsura and Gundam under "shounen shit," and acting like it means anything. Also, calling Senya Ichiya a porno is disingenuous, you probably haven't seen it.

How does this work?

Like, the amount of shows you think are good and the amount of shows you know?

So, for OP, if I know and like all those shows, would I give it a 9/9? Should I be stricter? like only shows I love?

I am a bit confused because I scrolling through this thread I am seeing lots of x/3 or x/4 and if I am correct doesn't that mean the majority of people here have barely seen any anime?

Correct on all counts.

>Should I be stricter? like only shows I love?
That's for you to decide. But if you end up giving nearly every 3x3 in here a full score, that defeats the purpose of rating them in the first place - in that case, yes, you should be "stricter".
On the other hand, if you end up handing out zeroes all the time, you should maybe be a bit more lenient.
I'd say it's best to try to find a balance. But start off going with your gut feeling. It'll probably work out fine.

That’s false equivalency

Attached: 862A2FBE-B450-4A34-9A97-42AA628C5799.jpg (640x480, 92K)

Okay thanks.
5/9
8/8
0/9
9/9
6/6
3/9
6/7
9/9
7/9

Attached: collage.jpg (3264x3264, 1.45M)

>Ёжик в тумане
>Маугли

>replying to a 17 hr old argument you already lost

here is my 3x3 which is put together sloppy

not going to be pretentious like a lot of people here and pick shows that most people would agree are good to get circle jerked by other anons.

but rather shows i have fond memories watching or were good and chill watches in my experience. if you think my taste is shit that's fair not trying to please people here.

Attached: 3x3.png (802x482, 910K)

Very nice, looks perfectly fine. Ignore the other user.

>digimon

Attached: 1533303441463.png (278x259, 63K)

>if you end up giving nearly every 3x3 in here a full score, that defeats the purpose of rating them in the first place
How?

in my defence and opinion it's the best isakai i have watched, and i like how it spends time to also focus on the kids real life and family problems and how they sort of dictate how the kids act both in and outside of the digital world.

Attached: 1547682474940.jpg (320x237, 22K)

8/9 -MiA
Don't listen to that other guy, Digimon is fun.

Attached: [RyRo]_Digimon_Adventure_17_[B0AA1FD6].avi_snapshot_06.59_[2018.08.24_17.21.38].jpg (640x480, 30K)

>How?
Shouldn't that be obvious? For simplicity's sake, let's assume you have seen every single anime in here. If you then give everything a full score, that means that you give every single 3x3 a 9/9. All that tells me is that you have applied very low standards. It doesn't tell me how my 3x3 compares to other 3x3 in your estimation. It doesn't tell me if it matches your taste better than anything else, because your taste would be literally "anything and everything".
And it's the same if you rate everyting a 0/9 - this just tells me that you seem to have extremely high standards that nothing can match, but it's pretty much useless for anything else. That's why you should ideally find a system that gives ratings that mostly lie somewhere around the 50% mark (4/9 or 5/9) and only in very rare cases give a full score or a zero (in cases where something really matches or clashes with your taste).

3/6

>sloppy
Very true, even for Paint this is outstandingly sloppy. (Still not the worst in this thread: You didn't try to rescale stuff.)

Re:Zero is the best Isekai.

Digimon is a battle shounen, retard.

nah it's to visually bland for me, it's got the generic anime look going for it

>All that tells me is that you have applied very low standards
>you should ideally find a system that gives ratings that mostly lie somewhere around the 50% mark (4/9 or 5/9)
That's retarded. 95% of the anime posted on these grids is genuinely good. The other 5% will probably be something I would be inclined to give no point if I had fully seen it, but since I know I wouldn't like it I avoid it. Love Live is a fairly common example. But I'm not gonna pretend I didn't enjoy watching anime that I did.

a shounen can also be an isekai, it's not like anime have never had more than one genre am i right.

Those aren't mutually exclusive.
It's shit. Dunbine, Escaflowne, and Rayearth are all better.

>art house film about puppets
It's not actually "about" puppets. It's about enlightenment.

Attached: Shisha no Sho (The Book of the Dead).jpg (2880x3276, 2.55M)

unironic 2/5

You shouldn't even be posting on this board if you've only seen five of those.

I'm going to keep watching seasonalshit and you can't stop me.

>95% of the anime posted on these grids is genuinely good.
That's what I meant by "applying low standards". You decide what you consider worthy of a point, and there are obviously different levels of "good". And everyone in here has a different scale of "goodness", so ratings are not comparable between two different anons anyway.

If you say that you want to give something a point just because you didn't dislike it enough to not watch it, because you enjoyed it ... well, then you do have lower standards than most others in here. With that system you end up giving something with shows you merely thought were okay but enjoyable the same (full) score as a grid of your nine favourites of all time. And I think you'll agree that there's a huge difference between those two cases.
A rating system that goes from 80% to 100% is not worth much, as you leave the largest portion of it unused. If, however, you set the 80% mark as your base-point, you could give far more nuanced ratings. It's simple math.

No, I don't agree that there's a huge difference. That's just the inherent failure of using something as ambiguous as a point rating system.

>stop motion short (((((anime))))

Attached: hisoleave.png (1773x1004, 263K)

>short
You're such an ignorant nigger.

>I don't agree that there's a huge difference.
So your favourite anime are not much better (in your estimation) than some random anime you enjoyed somewhat? All the same? Because that's how you'd end up rating them.

>That's just the inherent failure of using something as ambiguous as a point rating system.
It's not "inherent". There are inherent flaws of rating something in numbers, yes. But that one aspect is not a flaw of the rating system itself, but of you applying standards that don't allow for much nuances.
I really don't have that problem: If I sgive something a full score, that list might not be congruent to my own top-9, but it will consist of things that I regard as "outstanding" anime in at least some aspect. Something that would likely be in my top-100.

>watches one hour of puppets and dolls
>calls me ignorant

Look man, I don't consider docking points to anime I liked just because I don't like them as much as my favourites "nuance." After all the generally agreed upon definition for it is "liked/watched." I would just consider that closer to elitism. If you think that's low standards then so be it. But I absolutely can't abide by your statement that the average rating should be 4 or 5 out of 9.

>literally on a forum for Japanese cartoons

Some anime can be mature and complex.

Attached: Kinomontage.webm (420x236, 2.89M)

Sometimes I can't tell whether or not you're being ironic.

Sure, feel free to rate as you like. I'm just telling you that it might not be very informative and thus ultimately void.

You do know what a Gaussian curve is, don't you? And that teachers often grade their students according to a normal distribution of an exam's results? That's done to allow for a larger variety of grades and thus a better way to gauge how the students relate to one another. It builds on the idea that in nature, measuring a number of random samples, you would expect that most of them land around the average value. The same should be true for students taking a test or for anime in some person's grid. Projecting values to a bell curve is a corrective measure to counter a bias you might have. In your case, to rate things postively (like giving all students that don't fail spectacularly a straight A).

But, hey, that's academic. I'm not telling you you must change how you do things - it is for you to decide.
But I hope I have sufficiently answered your question why giving only 100% scores is pretty much pointless from an informatics/statistics standpoint.

>Some anime can be mature and complex.
I know you're being ironic, but I'll never understand why people praise HxH so much. It's a perfectly fine shounen until the ant stuff. Where you're forced to sit through 70 episodes that could have easily been condensed into ten.

>Re:Zero is the best laxative.
FTFY

Sorry for being a brainlet but how does the rating system work in these threads

>It's a perfectly fine shounen
Not the guy you replied to, but I think your need to neatly categorize everything by persumed target demographics is what's keeping you from enjoying certain things. HxH doesn't have to follow any "shounen rules" - and it didn't even before the Chimera Ant arc.
That's what people actually like about Togashi: Not that his story's are "mature" or "complex" or a "deconstruction" or anything. All of those are memes. People enjoy that Togashi doesn't follow "genre rules" (if you want to call shounen a genre) and manages to surprise you.
As long as you think in the Shounen, Seinen, Shoujo, etc. categories, you'll never quite open up to the more elaborate ideas many manga offer for you to enjoy.

>Sorry for being a brainlet
It's okay to ask, but maybe you should just read what's already been posted in this thread. YOur question has already been answered (and discussed in-depth) multiple times in here.

>HxH doesn't have to follow any "shounen rules" - and it didn't even before the Chimera Ant arc
It's literally a Dragon Ball clone.

Case in point. You are apparently unable to analyze something without some hamfisted comparison to something that might have similar "tags" on your favourite anime-rating site (or you are a troll).
Try looking beyond the surface, as you are doing both HxH and Dragonball a huge disservice.

>too dumb to understand and recognize genre tropes

>genre tropes
You might have missed that, but my point before was that Togashi does not feel bound to your precious "tropes". No good author does. That's something you should learn: Tropes, if they apply, apply because they happen to be a natural component of the narrative. Not because someone structured the narrative around them. Unless of course you are reading/watching some shit fan-fiction-level story from a hack writer.
Anyway, I assume that at this point you are just baiting me. You can't be as stupid as you pretend to be. Which is why I will henceforth ignore you.

>Togashi does not feel bound to your precious "tropes"
Laughable, HxH is riddled with tropes specific to battle shounen manga such as tournament arcs, super powered martial arts, and Gon himself is an archetypal battle shounen protagonist. If you can't recognize that, then you're probably fucking retarded.

>is riddled with tropes
See:

>Tropes, if they apply, apply because they happen to be a natural component of the narrative. Not because someone structured the narrative around them.

No wonder you can't enjoy manga. You can't even read properly. And now shut up. You already got one more reply from me than I was was willing to give.

>apply because they happen to be a natural component of the narrative
Right, a natural component of Dragon Ball's narrative, which Togashi copied.

There are no tournament arcs in HxH. The only one that resambles it in the Hunter Exam is quickly finished in one episode without even showing the fights.
Super powers are present in every single battle shounen, you can't have a battle shounen without a power system.
Gon is way different than the typical battle shounen protagonist, he's driven by different reasons. He is, indeed, build on the Goku archetype, but Togashi explores and deconstructs that archetype by adding more layers to Gon.
You should have realized he's a retard when he said the CA arc was shit, that arc is a brainlet filter.

>brainlet filter
How can you even type that? The arc spells everything out for its braindead audience, and drags its heels for literal hours just to make sure even the dumbest teen can clearly grasp the absolute most basic thematic message.

Toryiama copied most of his narrative from Kinikkuman and Journey to the West.

Yet if I were to ask you about the themes, symbolism and references present in the CA arc, you'd fail to list them because you watch anime only for the entertaining value and you don't want to use your brain when something tries to be different or present a concept in a different narrative style.

I think that's because you're talking about the anime. Go and read the entire arc in the manga and I'm sure you'll realize how extraordinary the story is.
For me, first and foremost, it's how the story deals with post-humanism and the complex nature of humanity. Togashi introduced us to many interesting characters with unique personalities and goals, there's something for all tastes. We were giving the opportunity to follow our MC throughout his journey to avenge his lost friend, who vastly developed as a character. But not only the "good guys" in this Arc received all the screentime to shine, the villains of this arc were also emphasized enough, to give the reader an insight into the motives and thematic reasoning behind their actions.
When talking about the antagonist himself, i found it very smart how well the author established his figure into the story. While we're reaching the climax of the story, it struck me that Meruem was supposed to illustrate the other side of humanity and identity and as soon as i'd realized that, i instantly got goosebumps. His arc teaches us the complexity of worth and strength within humans, and shows that good can come from even the most evil.
Overall, Chimera Ant displays all sides of human nature including the good, the bad, the ugly and it was the message of the story, what fascinated me the most.

Attached: Bhagavad-Gita.png (725x1145, 1.12M)

>Toryiama copied most of his narrative from Kinikkuman
So you've never read Kinnikuman or Dragon Ball?

Imagine writing all this, and essentially saying nothing in the process.

>There are no tournament arcs in HxH
Heaven's Arena
>Super powers are present in every single battle shounen
That was my point.
>He is, indeed, build on the Goku archetype
Also my point. Seems like you're agreeing with me really.

Kinnikuman invented tournament arcs and DB is full of tournament arcs.

Heaven's Arena is a training arc, you retard.
If you don't want super powers, don't watch battle shounen.
Every single battle shounen MC is build around the happy-go-lucky trope. Gon managed to out-grow this trope and be more introspective and multilayered. His character is way more complex than Goku, who is written mostly for a childish or mutt audience.
Also, I find it funny how you ignore most of my posts and only focus on the part that interest you because you can twist them to favor your weak argument. Typical subhuman brainlet.

>Heaven's Arena is a training arc, you retard.
It's both.
>If you don't want super powers, don't watch battle shounen.
I like HxH. I don't know who you think you're arguing with. Some other guy claimed HxH couldn't be assessed as a battle shounen, and I just thought that was a ridiculous claim.
> you ignore most of my posts
You're the one who jumped into another conversation and missed the entire point. Learn to read.

Superior taste

There isnt a tournament in Heaven's Arena. The only reason why they are there is to TRAIN to fight Hisoka. But once they learned that Hisoka is there, all Gon wanted to do is punch him. Once that is accomplished, they leave.
How is that a tournament arc, you subhuman being?
The guy who said HxH shouldn't be considered a battle shounen is right. HxH is mostly a deconstruction of shounen tropes and there hasn't been a fight or any other shounen elements for 5 years now. That is the reason why shounenfags like you are upset and angry when Togashi drops chapters with a lot of text, because it hurts your little tiny brain.

This is about as mature and complex as a Fall Out Boy song.

>hasn't been a fight or any other shounen elements for 5 years now
There hasn't been a chapter in that long, so what does that prove?
>shounenfags like you are upset and angry when Togashi drops chapters with a lot of text
You don't know the basics of good storytelling. You think walls of textual exposition is good writing? Even novels don't just shove wooden prose stuffed with nonsense rigmarole about imaginary power systems at you. The main issue is that Togashi has a poor grasp of both comics and writing as a medium and what they're capable of. His art is poor, and his prose sections are absolutely horrible to read.

>There isnt a tournament in Heaven's Arena
Ok buddy, maybe you're the one who hasn't read HxH. I can't imagine what mental gymnastics you're going through to convince yourself that a tiered series of 1v1 martial arts fights in a battle shounen manga isn't a "tournament arc," but it doesn't really matter anymore.
>guy who said HxH shouldn't be considered a battle shounen is right
You are wrong, and I have already explained why.

>The main issue is that Togashi has a poor grasp of both comics and writing as a medium and what they're capable of.
How did he write two classics that ended up shaping the industry and inspiring tens of other young mangaka then?

Attached: rexdef.png (1004x190, 367K)

Pretty much every fight in shounen is a 1v1. Are they all torunament arcs? HA is a training arc, that fact won't change no matter how much you scream and screech like a chimp at the zoo.

Every manga in that picture is awful. Britney Spears influenced lots of artists too, so I guess she must be a great singer/songwriter!

Whether they are awful or not is subjective and irrelevant. The fact is that most of the manga there sold hundred of millions of copies and had a huge impact in the industry. All of them have been influenced or inspired by Togashi.
Even to this day, young mangaka try to imitate HxH, that's how big of an influence Togashi has on the industry.

What's the top left, middle middle, and middle right? Am pretty new to anime.

Attached: 1553127678133.png (564x752, 402K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-04 Rules - 4chan.png (545x29, 2K)

Zetsubou sensei, Turn A, Patlabor

>Whether they are awful or not is [...] irrelevant
Not when you're using them as an indicator of quality.
> that most of the manga there sold hundred of millions of copies and had a huge impact in the industry
So have the Black Eyed Peas, so I guess they must be important musicians. Marvel capeshit films must be the best movies ever.

I don't think you understand the difference between concept and execution. You can be an incompetent storyteller, director or writer, and still be influential because the concepts presented are interesting. Tomino is the perfect example. So is Nagai. Next you'll tell us how Oubari is a good visual director because people copy his poses, right? Having artistic influence and being competent aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, they very rarely go hand in hand. Especially since most relevance comes from commercial success, something we all hardly ever speak for artistic merit.

Is there a way to make these cleaner? Like a program or something? I'm really bad at resizing things
is my taste okay?

Attached: Im awful at making these.png (1398x978, 1.75M)

The fact that just 3 of the manga in that list sold over 1 billion copies proves me right. It is irrelevant if you enjoyed them or not when we are talking about such big numbers.
Who did the Black Eyed Peas influence? As far as I know, they are some irrelevant pop band, the same thing about Britney Spears. Madonna did the same things before her, you know?
What have Marvel movies inspired? They are just adapted from comics.

thanks

You can use GIMP like the one autist was suggesting, but it takes like an hour or two to learn. There are also a couple of websites posted in the thread that work perfectly fine. As for taste, FLCL and Dandy are good, everything else not so much.

>Tomino is the perfect example. So is Nagai
There's nothing wrong with Tomino or Nagai. Have you ever seen Be Invoked? If you can watch that and honestly say Tomino is incompetent, then you know nothing about film. Nagai is literally known for making ridiculous stories about booby robots and ghoulies, so why even mention him with serious artists? Most of his works are either comedic or indelgently campy, including Devilman. It's not even worth attacking.

>Madonna did the same things before her, you know?
Ok, then we'll use Madonna instead. You're basically saying HxH is about as important as Madonna or whatever crappy Hollywood action films preceded MCU. So congratulations I guess, I agree. I think HxH is definitely the cultural equivalent of Madonna or James Bond films. Low brow shit for retards.

>You can be an incompetent storyteller, director or writer, and still be influential because the concepts presented are interesting.
That concept applies to Rumiko, Miyazaki and Tomino. Nagai, Tezuka, Ishinormori, Togashi and Satoshi Kon are both competent writers with good concepts and ideas.

>Togashi
lmao

Do you even follow your own conversation? You claimed that influence is linked to artistic skill. Nagai is influential, hence, using your logic, he must be skilled. Nagai is also about a dozen times more influential than Togashi. Stop contradicting yourself.

And no, Tomino is incompetent. He should never have been allowed to direct. A single movie, that is chained to an atrocious TV show of 10 times the length, does not speak in his favor. Neither do the other abomination he has produced.

why is your taste all over the place

Attached: 14689956346.png (249x230, 67K)

>You claimed that influence is linked to artistic skill
Never once.
>Nagai is also about a dozen times more influential than Togashi
Duh.
Also, I like Nagai. I just don't take most of his work that seriously because a lot of it is literally made for middle school boys to jerk off to. His debut manga was a high school ecchi comedy.
>Tomino is incompetent
Sure buddy, keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile Turn A Gundam is probably the best anime ever made for TV.

You really don't think Nagai's works have any artistic merit whatsoever? You know that he's one of the most respected mangaka in history, right?

>Miyazaki
Miyazaki is influential because of commercial success. And he's commercially successful because he's an exeptional animator. I don't think he ticks either of those boxes. He's a shit director and, after Nausicaa, never actually had any ideas of his own again. In fact, nothing he has ever made utilizes interesting concepts. Conceptually, all his movies and shows are trivial. Miyazaki is the perfect example of someone who got influenced by others, and simply managed to execute the concepts better than they did, primarily because of his skill as an animator.

I use paint.net and would suggest that, it's simpler than GIMP
I can't say it is

I agree with you. I was putting Miyazaki, Tomino and Rumiko in the "incompetent storyteller, director or writer that influenced others" category. We both know that Ghibli films are very influential.

you typed all of that under the assumption I said or think it's not a meme, which is just not the case
better luck next time

Sell me on Tiger & Bunny, user.

GIMP

>it takes like an hour or two to learn
It takes 15 minutes.
Look into the following menus:

File -> New
File -> Open as Layers
Layer -> Scale Layer
Image -> Guide -> New Guide
Layer -> Crop to Selection

That's literally all you need (except the selection tool and move command). Don't make it sound harder than it is.

So who won this thread?

Me

Definitely not the guy with the stop motion dolls movie. He got utterly humiliated.

The composition guy, aka GIMP shill, aka 99 Hunterchad, aka "I made an alternative version of my grid, you might know me", aka Dunning-Kruger-effect in flesh.

GIMP; paint.net; pirated PS

No, it isn't.

1/4

>is my taste okay?
It's your personal taste. Of course it's okay. It's not my taste, but you don't need me to validate it for you. Neither do you need anyone else in here to do that. If those are your favourties, that's absolutely fine.

Did that guy rape your mom or something? You've replied to his grid three times now, why not go for four?

what is this 3x3 shit? i dont get it

The composition pseud decided to pay it a visit.

It’s two guys becoming bros while fighting crime with a simple but well executed plot
And the cgi is pretty alright, I just like superheroes

Am i stpid for not understanding wtf u just said?

Why are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person?

>to pay it a visit.
You realize that this guy has been in every single thread since June 2018, right? He's always one of the first posters, too.

I see you rating a bunch but nobody bothered with you yet.

5/9 -madoka -kaiji -SD -berserk

Yus.

Probably one of the mega artfag grids like or that no one recognizes anything on except trannies. Meanwhile if you like actually good shows like HxH and Re:Zero you're a shitposter apparently.

Obsessed.
It's the avatar fagging HxH retard.

No I don't, I'm not a regular on 3x3 threads and for good reason.
Just look at this one for fucks sake.

Some people aren't gonna like what you said, but you're based.

Meant for

Yes, and it's the first time I said anything about composition, not because I claim to be perfect at it, but because some shithead thought he had a perfect 4x4 that obviously had obvious compositional flaws. But of course I get branded an autist for trying to be helpful ...

>actually good shows like HxH and Re:Zero

Attached: 1540572718132.jpg (477x347, 20K)

>actually good shows like HxH and Re:Zero

Attached: 1513753717180.png (468x653, 660K)

based Hunterchads

You got called an autist because you kept shilling gimp when an easier alternative exists, and your own grids look like shit despite you ranting about aesthetics for literal hours yesterday.

>46 results
>not a regular
>for good reason
Aha. Good to know.
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/F1NDkpZuC9Tk-NCFdLlobw/

What exactly am I to take from that archive link, that he's insane?

He doesn't even always post that grid. He has several he cycles through. I actually like the manga one.

>mega artfag grids
What the fuck. I made that grid in a matter of 20 minutes, including the process of taking screenshots and finding one that is greenish. What do you mean "artfag"? There's some Sunrise SoL Idolshow on it, three movies for children, a butchered adaptation of a western novel or a moe shit show with fluffy characters. All while the stop-motion movie is literally a remake of a russian childrens movie.

HOW IS THIS "artfag"? Stop applying labels to me.

>stop-motion movie is literally a remake of a russian childrens movie
So it's not even anime?

>an easier alternative
Not much easier, unless you're a retard who can't do a few clicks with a mouse.

>and your own grids look like shit
Maybe. Still better than 90% of those in here, most of which are made by feeding random images to some cheap online application.
But of course, most people had no interest in how my things looked, but just wanted to vent some frustration. That's understandable when you feel you've been called out for your lazyness.

Animated in Japan, written and directed by Japanese, with the dub being Japanese. But the source is CykaCyka.

Attached: Chadsoka.png (571x424, 591K)

Erm ... yes, that's my 3x3. But I'm not the guy you're replying to, retard. I am actually a "regular". The other guy was criticising me.

Imagine actually calling yourself
>a regular
Is there anything more cringe? Apart from saying "cringe" of course.

>Is there anything more cringe?
Having HxH or Monogatari on your 3x3.

Look, shithead. "Regular" was what the other two guys talked about. I don't like that word, which is why I put it in quotation marks. But I am pretty much what they call a "regular". I can admit that much.
Anyway, it's really strange that I triggered so many of you by doing nothing but talk about image editing software.

>feeding random images
The online grid maker that I used allows you to choose whatever image you upload from your PC and the size and pixels of the 3x3 squares. That's all you need to make a good looking grid.

Excellent thread gentlemen.

Attached: 1455405676664.jpg (707x488, 65K)

>That's all you need to make a good looking grid.
And that's where you are wrong. Unless of course you edit the images beforehand. But if you do that, why not simply paste them together instead of going to some webpage?

Mods? Sticky??

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 005.jpg (878x1279, 161K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 006-007.jpg (1754x1279, 561K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 008.jpg (878x1279, 193K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 009.jpg (878x1279, 223K)

7/7

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 010.jpg (878x1279, 210K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 011.jpg (878x1279, 217K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 012.jpg (878x1279, 230K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 013.jpg (878x1279, 256K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 014.jpg (878x1279, 246K)

What the hell are you doing, retard? I appreciate that you want to contibute something to Yea Forums, but if you want to dump something, make your own thread for it.
Then again, it can't get worse than the shitposting already going on in here.

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 015.jpg (878x1279, 172K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 016.jpg (878x1279, 258K)

>I appreciate that you want to contibute something to Yea Forums
I really don't.

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 017.jpg (878x1279, 281K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 018.jpg (878x1279, 291K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 019.jpg (878x1279, 240K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 020.jpg (878x1279, 238K)

Why are you trying to cap out the thread,
user?

>this guy actually has a 60 second timer between posts
LMAO

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 021.jpg (878x1279, 237K)

I just think it's a really bad thread, and this is a better use of posts.

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 022.jpg (878x1279, 224K)

You know that bumping this thread to the limit isn't going to do shit, right? Another one will be made and we'll have the same people having the same arguments again. Your efforts are useless.

Attached: 1457779703435.png (327x323, 86K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 023.jpg (878x1279, 251K)

Alright guys. Give me a schedule. When does the next thread go up? Let's take a break until, uhm, 10PM CEST?

See:

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 024.jpg (878x1279, 272K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 025.jpg (878x1279, 235K)

To be fair, this thread was doomed from the start, with the OP using a meme-grid (that some people won't accept as a meme).

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 026.jpg (878x1279, 282K)

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 027.jpg (878x1279, 313K)

>use meme OP
>reach bump limit
>use "serious grid"
>dies in 40 posts

Hmmm...

Attached: Human Clock c01 - 028.jpg (878x1279, 267K)

Attached: Human Clock c02 - 029.jpg (878x1279, 154K)

Attached: Human Clock c02 - 030.jpg (878x1279, 153K)

Attached: Human Clock c02 - 031.jpg (878x1279, 143K)

Attached: Human Clock c02 - 032.jpg (878x1279, 168K)

Attached: Human Clock c02 - 033.jpg (878x1279, 156K)

>reach bump limit
Yes, but at what cost? I mean, look at this one. Some people were just here to stirr up trouble. No one even rated new 3x3 anymore towards the end.

Attached: Human Clock c02 - 034.jpg (878x1279, 167K)

Because they were either boring and had already been posted in a different color, disingenious like the one posted by the guy who's undergoing hormone therapy or not even favourites, but recently watched anime that noone but that one autistic guy who has seen virtually everything has seen. Do you really need another rating for some Evangelion mosaic?

O B S E S S E D

Hey, I think some of the new guys with boring taste (as they themselves admitted) were genuine. Disagreeing with their picks is no reason to ignore them.

Merely stating facts. Why rate liars who are trying too hard to stand out or people who post mosaics that consist of nothing but anime with 500 fans on MAL? The former you don't wanna rate and the latter you can't.

>liars who are trying too hard to stand out
The only person trying too hardf to stand out is the faggot using avatars and repeatedly attacking the same two grids for no reason other than being an aggressively ignorant cunt who hates anybody with different taste than his own.

>liars
Always give people the benefit of the doubt, user.

The joke is that the grid he's calling a liar contains mostly internationally popular children's shows and a Ghibli film, as if it's inconceivable that could be someone's taste with a few serious films added in.

new thread, leave your arguments in this one

Lmao, absolute madman

No thanks, retard.

Are we really just going to subconsciously acknowledge the boring bingo up there?

Your Fortune: Bad Luck

>old thread bumped out and dead
>a
ctive new thread deleted

Why would the Jannies do this?