Why are new gen shounen unable to reach the heights and levels of hype that the previous generation were able to

why are new gen shounen unable to reach the heights and levels of hype that the previous generation were able to

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

Did the lessons
of the previous heroes
of generations past
truly reach them
or was the message
somehow corrupted?

No soul

Promised Neverland was a great change of pace, the other two are giving me terminal cancer and I enjoyed Bleach/Naruto/DBZ. I can't quite place what it is. It's not just age because Super is still fun, something about Black Clover especially is just so refined down to the power fantasy formula.

It's the green eyes

Battle shounen is no longer the main gateway to anime in the west. Only BnHA is really popular enough to be a gateway anime in the west. In a more general way, taking japanese popularity into account, long running anime/manga series that go over 300 manga chapters are out dated at this point.

Exposure and relative userbase. Late teens and adults are the ones who likes these things mostly not the children like back then, I've never seen a child in BNHA shirt but I've seen like 30 adults in one. Ironically I see kids wearing Naruto and Dragonball clothing than new shounen.

I find with mha the issue is over-emphasis on training and high school rivalry. I understand this is probably most of the point of the story, but it just isn't what I'm interested in.

Lower standards.

MHA pretty much achieved that already. The other 2 however

>Promised Neverland
the reason for that is obvious. Its deathnote mindfuckery without the well-written characters. There might be stakes but it doesnt feel like it with Emma as the MC.
>Myhero
There was like 3 hype moments out of 222 chapters.
Kirishima vs drug addict
Mirio vs overhaul
Deku vs todoroki
>black clover
It has some good hype fights
finral & Vanessa & Asta vs Vetto
Asta vs Ladros
Yami Vs Patri
Patri vs Wizard King
Mereoleona Vs Rhya
Noelle Vs Compass-chan
Asta vs Luck
Finral vs Langris

Attached: 1529461268469.png (402x533, 132K)

>no USOS
kys

The 14 yo love them. That's the problem, you are 30.

it wouldve been a masterpiece fight if allmight died but instead he retired lmao also the anime fucked it up big time

mob psycho 100/10

Probably because you're much older now.

mha and neverland are trash
bc is decent
replace mha with kimetsu and neverland with stone

the real big 3 should be
>Black clover
>Kimetsu No Yaiba
>Jujutsu Kaisen

Attached: 1530220825957.gif (280x212, 658K)

pretty sure mob psycho isn't a shonen, but if it is, then yes, it already is one of the greatest

kids would rather play with their phones than read magazines and adults have better things to watch than shonenshit

My Hero Academia is literally the soul and essence of Dragon Ball being rebooted in the new era
Shounen was boring and stale for years after Dragon Ball ended and My Hero Academia lit a light that sparked the interests in old souls
If you dont agree with me then its literally you acting out against popularity
Grow the fuck up and leave that 13 year old "fuck you mom and dad" mentality and get with the fucking program
And dont reply to me if you are going to insult me, Ive heard it all before.

is this a reddit copypasta?

I fucking hope

>o my seven quirks
>hype

Attached: walking garbage.png (496x492, 150K)

Stop typing like that faggot.

No
But since your an """"""oldfag""""""" aka the faggots that left reddit when the asian bitch took over and banned the edgy boards you came here to rebel and "learned board culture" to try and fit in
Nothing I say will change your mind even though sales charts and numbers prove that its a fact but im not here to argue with you
Continue with your "fuck all popular series" mentality since it gets faggot like to clap at you and stroke your ego some more

Only watched BnHA until about half way through S2. My main problem with it is that it wasn't going anywhere fast.

>DURRRR DURRRR YOU MUST NOT HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR THE BIG THREE OR ANYTHING BEFORE THAT

By this point in One Piece, we already had significant world building and character development (half of the supporting strawhats have protagonist-level development, and the other half are still way more developed than goddamn Bakugo and Ochako), and were moving towards the meat of the story. In HxH, the setting development was exploding, and we were entering the main plot. In YYH, we were well past introductions. In DBZ, we were on Namek. Even Fairy Tail had more movement than BnHA by this point. BnHA moves at a glacial pace, and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere interesting.

>HERPA DURRR AND YET YOU'RE A ONE PIECE FAN I NEED A BOWL OF ICECREAM AND MORE BLUE HAIR DYE

There's a big difference between moving at a glacial pace and being long yet dense. One has a lot of ground to cover. The other barely moves.

Black clover has the best girls of the 3 series and there's nothing that can change this absolute fact

Attached: IMG_20180907_092336.jpg (1334x750, 93K)

>ofa is a stockpile of quirks
>can't comprehend basic logic

Attached: bait.gif (625x626, 561K)

>cant refute
>replies with "muh bait"
tsk tsk

i got here a year ago faggot but i think anybody could tell that your super fucking cringe dude.
If we are going by numbers MHA is the best in years but fortunately popularity does not mean quality. You see its real easy to critique MHA because there is so many problems, starting with my favorite one
>characters.
There are too many of them.
Most of them have shallow motivations for ex: Uravitys family is poor. Deku wants to be a hero to look cool.
>Arcs
Really fucking predictable
School arc
villains attack arc
every arc just reminds you that Deku wants to be a hero
>worldbuilding and lore
can be summed up in a sentence
people are born with powers, some people dont
>powersystem
Its a mistake to call it a system

Attached: 1523753136376.png (706x662, 461K)

Attached: bait.jpg (625x626, 50K)

Im done arguing with you
Sit here and keep replying and when I dont respond to your post think to yourself "heh i was based, i ran him the fuck off" like normal

so cringe. can you actually not defend "the greatest series since dragon ball"?
it should be easy if it was really as great as you said it was

i'm weak
this is an actual poster on this board

>popularity means quality
>doesn't give any arguments as of to how MHA ischamging the game
Lol
BnHA has gone to the shitter. It's an utterly boring mess now. It's so painful to read. It' literally revolves around deku and a rotation of 3 other characters. Character development is basically non-existant at this point. We will never reach the quality of the stain arc ever again, and i think the manga died with All Might.

TPN makes stuff like HXH look like shit. And I would replace Black clover for Dr. Stronk.

The absolute state of capeshit fags.

>i got here a year ago faggot
other guy's a fag but lurk 2 years before posting newfag

make me stop user
you can try to hide from it
but eventually...

Attached: nanako-yukishiro-135732.jpg (350x525, 55K)

>Shounen was boring and stale for years after Dragon Ball ended and My Hero Academia lit a light that sparked the interests in old souls
Is this bait?

Attached: ace.jpg (1080x1920, 309K)

they are, you and anyone who thinks otherwise are fucking idiots who should be gassed

left not creative and copies shit from its competitors

mid just keeps repeating it self without going forward. starting to resemble bleach in a way

right had me at the cute but dangerous thing but now im over it.

It’s a shounen it’s just not shounen JUMP

One of them got axed already, so have fun.

sure mha just keeps tripping over itself but BC is way more trashy than mha... think about it user. and who the fuck still reads stone?

Attached: COCK A DOODLE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (869x1300, 282K)

the new hero aca movie was as hype as any naruto or one piece movie, that's good enough imo

fag

every shounen movie is boring shit without exception

That's 5 7 6.

yeah but it was hype at some points

Fight, children, fight.

Attached: cz.jpg (592x448, 31K)

Nigger clover seemed so generic to me I didn't even give it a try
Got bored of Fuck my girlfriend Kacchandemia after the third arc
Neverland is being carried by a single character despite him being gone for 50 chapters

Attached: 1423066154280.png (184x250, 53K)

>posts one piece
>calls others children
do Wan piss fags have any dignity?

happens with every fanbase son
nobody can ever be on equal ground and actually discuss shit without fighting

left- never read
middle- lame ass school setting
right- hate the main girl

I really want to watch neverland just because I'm so fucking bored right now but the show looks like pure garbage, someone tell me I'm wrong please.

>being this mad over the superior manga ITT

It's just that I think the arguments about new series WSJ are fun to watch. And reading them makes me more interested to read their manga.

Attached: source.gif (500x250, 274K)

It's better than the other shonen in OP's picture

>tfw i have green eyes too

Attached: 1552367114579.jpg (516x485, 25K)

>Its deathnote mindfuckery without the well-written characters
So like Death Note?

What do you mean? MHA is awesome.

>that double detroit smash at the end

Attached: 1508853375522.gif (160x160, 289K)

repetitive bullshit is superior? MHA is TrULy the BEst ANime then

>Giving him 7 more quirks, despite base OfA already being a guaranteed ticket to the #1 spot

hmmm

Attached: tumblr_inline_mte9tylviF1qamhyd.jpg (468x263, 33K)

Because you are a jaded as shit old man.

imagine being this person

shhh user, it's ok, maybe next life you'll be superior.

imagine not being able to defend your shit series

One Piece hasn't left, and Boruto is basically a shittier Naruto. The big 3 hasn't been replaced yet.

Because everything is already done retard.
After like 10.000 different anime. There are fucktons of shonen battle, harem, isekai, and such.

But the only ones that shined, were the early ones in the genre and the dumbshits that did some deconstruction a few decades later.

Fictional media is over saturated.

Black Clover is fun!

Attached: Black Clover (TV) - SP [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_10.50.734.png (1662x935, 2.48M)

>Promised neverland
Emma's brainlet tier ideals completely ruined any good natural going for this series. The whole wah 'we can coexist' shit is fucking cancer, and just a tired troupe in general and it blowing up in her face will be the only thing that makes this series memorable

Well, for one, Black Clover sucks balls. Two, MHA is doing phenomenally well.

>Black Clover sucks balls
Ok Jimbo
>MHA is doing phenomenally well
Manga sales are just a fraction of total revenue

Not even talking manga sales. Look at everything MHA is doing. It got a national theatrical release, it's manga sales are skyrocketing, the anime is going strong with a fourth season underway, it has a video game, it has merch in almost every nerd store you can think of. It's the new Naruto.

You know it’s not good to lie , user-san , no series is getting fucking axed and you’re just being a dicktroll who wants attention.

Because they prioritize short term EPIC moments and explosive pacing rather than good storytelling and giving proper time for developments. How many of these recent shonen have anything close to an elite tier arc?

You're not a child anymore

>calls it basic logic when this has only happened to Deku and not All Might

3 of them are better than Bleach & Naruty

the only arc I can think of out of all them would be Black clovers Reincarnation arc

This

ah that must mean good luck

>TPN
Zero re-reading value. Black-haired genius somehow kept items safe in the garden without any kid finding out which played a major role in the escape plan. It just makes things up as it goes along.

Standards for Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach, Hunter X Hunter and One Piece are high?

Hahahahaha

You grew up

Compass-chan needs to make a comeback

How is it not good?
>starts off with the wizard kings death
>the most elite characters raid the base of the enemies
>Magic knights reincarnate into elfs because of tons of development since the beginning of the show
>all characters get fucked up during the raid
>the few characters left have to defend the kingdom
>kingdom is in shambles
>elfs try to send their non-elf soul to hell
>instead a demon comes out
how is this not hype? its like your speaking as if you havent read it

oh yeah another thing. A ton of characters go through character development in the process. a few examples: Noelle, Solid, Nozel, Luck, Magna, Finral

This. The female cast has some of the best screen time and relevancy out of any battle shonen over the past decade.

The fact that the female lead is on par with the protagonist strength-wise says a lot.

Attached: top tier best girls.jpg (2048x1524, 1.24M)

THIS

You grew up

They don't have the hundreds episodes of filler for fans to ignore.

Yeah, shounen MC these days could use more testosterone.

Black Clover is unoriginal trash

Because you are older. Shounen didn’t change, you did

Eternal shounenfags are exclusively niggers. If you are non nigger you will outgrow them very soon.

what the hell are you talking about ? the have better animation and fights which makes them better

>he thinks Emma's gonna lose instead of making Norman her bitch
HAHAHAHAHAH

its better for people who are in education still probaly since they relate

>forgetting mc is retarded
>forgetting quirk evolution
>forgetting afo is and forever will be #1 quirk
deku is gonna be number 1 but its not gonna be close, i can see bakugos quirk hitting singularity like dekus and becoming rivaled only by deku and todoroki in ua

can someone translate the moonspeak?

people don't have to watch garbage anymore. there are thousands of anime out there

Last Gen
>ultrastrong muscular warriors fighting to save their planets/loved ones
>hot anime babes
>dont take themselves seriously/plenty of comical relief
>chads
Current Gen
>söyböy supreme characters that look like stringbean faggots and have gay looking hair fighting because muh pointless adventure
>ugly anime babes
>overly serious tones constantly, even though nobody can take them seriously because they are such feminine looking characters/shitty unfunny attempts at comic relief
>beta virgins
Hmmm..

Attached: 1548387040214.gif (337x400, 127K)

>the three series in OP are going to be airing on Toonami together in the same 1.5-hour block
Neat

you're quite superficial

Attached: 1521411970914.png (359x304, 108K)

Kenshiro and Goku were both men, not teenage boys. The most hype moments in BNHA for example are all All Might related because he, too, is a man

>media viewed with your eyes should be shit otherwise youre superficial
Sorry I want the anime I watch to be pleasurable to watch, not cringe inducing.

Asta is a chad though, even if he’s a manlet

I think the reason is simply because they are secondary. All those themes and plots were already used several times in older shounens. And the readers already saw all of it. So of course there is no hype because there is nothing really new to see here. If BNHA or Neverland started publishing in 2000 for example it would have been mad hits.

This is what I like about bc, the rest is meh

>Asta is a chad
Maybe to a basement dweller like you

Bnha has the problem of there being no adventure. Its literally just been school shit for the last few dozen chapters. It just proves that capeshit has no place in anime, hell Young Justice and Teen Titans did the Super Hero Teenager thing way better but I blame hack writing and burnout. Its obvious Hori didn't plan this series to last long but now he is fucked and has to keep pumping out chapters that add nothing to the story whatsoever. There is no adventure and that is why it gets so much hate.

Pretty sure he is.
>isn’t blessed with mana
>grimoire is basically useless normally
>trains like fuck and becomes beefy in a medieval world at 15-such
>gets plenty of girls by showing his bravery, but refuses them because he is pure and not degenerate. Choosing the love of his life as the only girl he cares for.
>refuses to take discrimination both as a peasant and for not having magic
>is huge in cameraderie, most fights are won with team work where his huge physical stats are a boon
>rivalry is friendly and competitive instead of a tired ideological battle

Attached: EB57B621-1450-478A-BAA4-4DE93B9C0224.jpg (750x830, 325K)

>I'm going to write a story with a good premise
>I'm going to throw out the "work hard to inprove self" aspect in favor of multiple powers
>I'm going to write canon filler chapters for 2 years straight
>I'm going to make a villain with no real motive for his actions besides "I'm evil"
>I'm going to make the MC only able to win by asspulls

Its literally like Hori took the worst aspects of Naruto and combined it with the worst aspects of Fairy Tail then mushed them together and threw up this garbage.

Because 2 out of these three are just ripping them off, of course they can't possibly compare

Asta is light novel tier mc he’s no better than the MC from SAO

>took the worst aspects of Naruto and combined it with the worst aspects of Fairy Tail
Sounds like BC

Attached: B56E2C47-C257-4C76-9B33-31A9D6129DBA.jpg (1530x2537, 1.1M)

No BC is the worst aspects of Fairy Tail and HxH

Attached: 30CF6BC2-0B26-4402-8687-59ADB00AB918.jpg (1440x900, 279K)

Kirito ”got good” because he’s a gaymoor who played the beta. Asta wins friends and affections by heroic deeds that give him merit (and merit to your name is a must if you wanna be the magic emperor) combined with actual social skills. Asta also learns from his peers (one of them being his captain, who is even more chad than he is)

So I don’t see the conparison.

Attached: 9CEDB4A5-5EA1-44D5-AB26-8BCEB408DFF0.jpg (363x640, 82K)

Just like how Asta got good by getting a OP sword that negate magic in setting where that is the main way of combat. Everyone who isn’t a cartoonishly evil noble sucks off Asta off just like all other LN mc.

>Asta is light novel tier mc he’s no better than the MC from SAO

Attached: haremshit.jpg (1024x741, 174K)

I agree with you except DBZ isn't a good example since you still have 150+ eps of content before it.

because you're not a teenager anymore

Asta can only use those swords at close range and plenty of people have defeated him in spite of them. His greatest victories are accomplished with team mates.

Plenty of the good guys dislike Asta when they meet him and think he’s irritating and so forth. He’s a peasant.

The bad guys are either people wronged by the kingdom or reincarnated genocidal elves wanting revengeance for being genocided. Comically evil? Justified, I say.

>Asta can only use those swords at close range
And? he can still negate, repel and absorb magic don’t try and act like he isn’t OP

>His greatest victories are accomplished with teammates
and they all end the same way, throwing Asta at the foe so his OP sword can win the day

>Plenty of the good guys dislike Asta when they meet him
Like I said mostly the dumb noble that the series looks down on

>it’s justified cartoonishly evil villain
Haha
>

>And? he can still negate, repel and absorb magic don’t try and act like he isn’t OP
He isn't. Pic related broke his arms when he finally got in close.
>And they all end the same way, throwing Asta at the foe so his OP sword can win the day
So? It's a good tool for getting past defenses. It seems like you're just seething because he has actual success. He didn't beat Licht.
>Like I said mostly the dumb noble that the series looks down on
The nobles all have good reason to treat peasants like subhumans, since all of them have a decent amount of mana. Only one in a million exceptions ever turn out to match them in this. It's kind of like a downie asking a superhuman for equality.
>Haha
read the manga faggot

Attached: Asta arm break.jpg (800x776, 110K)

This.

Attached: 1505476460263.jpg (441x557, 72K)

>Shitetsu no Yaiba
>Jujutsu whatever the shit it is
They're not even close to BC, it's a miracle they didn't get axed.

Imagine needeing to defend it lmao.

Young Justice is objectively a better show than MHA. Nothing fucking happens in MHA and their still in fucking Freshman year after all this time. I dropped the shit.

Did the the truth hurt you?

Remove bc and put Dr stronk

because with the evolution of the internet access was easier for young teens and adults to access anime online (illegally) But now that we know there are more out there for different tastes and more are getting scanned less attention is going to the popular shonen stuff.

Because they are cartoons and you where a kid when they came out.
Go back and watch them, they're not so great either.

Shit writing, stale ideas

*subjectively

Your taste and pace don't make it rule of thumb.
By all means though let everyone know how your taste in cartoons is the deeper more refined one.
I wish this board was actually about the shows not trying to convince everyone that "Your show is shit and you should be watching what I watch!"
By that logoc cartoons are bottom rung as far as story telling goes because they rest on images like a childs book.
OBJECTIVELY read a book! Without pictures! Dare to dream.
Sorry, go ahead and enlighten us on what not to like because there is always something better.

Dafuq? The best manga in shonen jump right now is Chainsaw Man. My Seven Quirks doesn't even come close

he meant chapters. DB's manga actually goes pretty fast.

>All Might vs AfO
>Deku vs Muscular
>Endeavor vs High End
>Deck vs Stain
>Deku vs Bakugo
>All Might vs USJ Noumu
>He thinks these fights aren’t hype
Fuck off with that shitty taste of yours.

It just proves that capeshit has no place in anime
But you wouldn’t say the same about OPM though. And most manga don’t even have adventure arcs so stop the bullshit immediately.

This .
Whori is just a hack, I could come up with ten better concepts for a capeshit shounen manga then "everyone has quirks and there are heroes and villains" in a flash.

Imagine being this delusional

Attached: 1548476023936.jpg (940x6801, 2.62M)

Chainsaw man is fucking amateur and you know it. The characters are all weird autistic cardboard cutouts of what some deranged person thinks a person is.

BC > TPN > Hero
You literally can't deny this

Attached: 1509438844447.png (345x614, 319K)

Over the past couple months, I agree.