Japan announced new era 令和 (Reiwa)

this marks a whole new age of anime and along with it settles an age old argument...
*rei*wa
asukafags around the globe sent reeling and crying!

Attached: reiwa.jpg (780x438, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asuka_period
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ray! Why! Jump!

>this marks a whole new age of anime
no it doesn't

It's an April Fools joke, user.

Attached: reverse vomit.gif (720x405, 1.9M)

You just saw this on sankaku didn't you fag
This is now a skelly thread

>CHAD ASUKA ERA
>CREATOR OF THE NIHON PEOPLE
>VIRIGN Reiwa
>ACCELERATION OF DEGENERATE WESTERN INFLUENCE INFILTRATING NIHON WITH SJW VIA THE OLYMPIC SUPER SPEED HIGHWAY.

no i saw someone post about it in /m/

its april 2nd in japan you goddamn baka💯

Attached: 1505045684341.gif (100x100, 291K)

ONORE DECADE

Attached: decades fault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

no one cares about an irrelevant country, fag it is April fools in the USA, the only country that matter.

Attached: Z1 (1).jpg (1128x1600, 671K)

Based skellybro.

>showa vs heisei vs reiwa

>Rei
Worst era

I like Suga Chan

Whos care SUCKER

>pretending the reign of a single nominal emperor is an "era"
Modern Japan sure is fucking stupid.

Wait, does that mean the USA is just one big April Fools prank?

>associating with Rei
these weebs i swear

How long until the Nakadashi era?

Will it be a Baka era?

DEATH TO ASUKA
ALL HERALD THE AGE OF REI

>want to go to Japan before the era changes
>keep putting off getting a passport
>now it's definitely too late

Attached: 1549262129990.png (500x411, 247K)

who doesn't have a passport

based skellybros

Reimu?

Attached: 69030232_p2.jpg (1480x1280, 224K)

I've never had any serious desire to leave the country.

Do they begin with Reiwa 0? or Reiwa 1?

>令和
>not ごちうさ

Attached: 1554091449774.jpg (1116x628, 84K)

>indexing by 0

Attached: 1531732789427.png (747x574, 475K)

If you just like nature/hiking etc there's really no reason to leave the USA. Japan is the only country I care to visit

I only watch late Showa era- to early Heisei era anime. Reiwa era anime are fucking garbage

heres your emperor bro

Attached: 67455477435.jpg (426x594, 73K)

>The choice of the 'wa' character, for example, which is the same as the character used for the Showa era of Naruhito's grandfather, Emperor Hirohito, could be "consistent with Abe's ongoing efforts to try to promote a more positive narrative of Japan's wartime past."

Why does Abe ALWAYS do this?

Attached: 8B5C4A7F-2138-473F-B12F-4E3DC4565FD5.png (1200x1200, 1.06M)

>imagine being an asian midget surrounded by all those tall whites
god I wish that were me

He will unleash his manlet rage all across Asia. What a time to be alive!

Attached: 1511059856952.jpg (1250x1000, 657K)

>two white guys and a Japanese dude

Mari is still better than the other two.😂

>reiwa...
>rei wa...
>例 は...
Ugly desu!
There I completed the sentence for our emperor.

Asuka Period already exist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asuka_period

he Asuka period (飛鳥時代 Asuka jidai) was a period in the history of Japan lasting from 538 to 710 (or 592 to 645), although its beginning could be said to overlap with the preceding Kofun period. The Yamato polity evolved greatly during the Asuka period, which is named after the Asuka region, about 25 km south of the modern city of Nara.

The Asuka period is characterized by its significant artistic, social, and political transformations, having their origins in the late Kofun period but largely affected by the arrival of Buddhism from China. The introduction of Buddhism marked a change in Japanese society. The Asuka period is also distinguished by the change in the name of the country from Wa (倭) to Nihon (日本).

Attached: 1552473371086.png (943x720, 591K)

Sounds like they're asking for the overdue 3rd nuke.

>reiwa coming up
>2020 coming up
IMAGINE THE MEMES

the joke is that rei gets off to gendo's glasses baka I can't believe you didn't get it. did you even watch the show?

>The actor who plays Hongo will still be alive to do it too

>If you just like nature/hiking etc there's really no reason to leave the USA
What the fuck? You might as well say "if you just like cities there's really no reason to leave the USA" for all the sense that makes.

That's retarded though. Cities are the result of the culture of a country, if you want to experience different cultures then there is every reason to travel. Meanwhile, you can experience some of the world's most amazing natural features and many different types of land staying in the US.

Attached: Hero-Yosemite.jpg (1900x831, 857K)

>I live in a major city and live a very short drive from this and major mountain ranges and everything

California is based.

The US has a wonderful variety of natural terrain but you seem to insist that it has all (or enough) that one would want to see. I don't know how that could be true.

>If you just like nature/hiking etc
>just like
Those are the keywords there mate. I'm not that user, but I don't give a flying fuck about cities either so I pretty much agree with him.

Its not like I'm saying don't travel the world if thats what you want to do. All I say is that many people don't because there's more than enough to see in this 3.797 million square mile mass of land. It all depends on what you want to get out of traveling

>I don't give a flying fuck about cities either

Personally I only travel to get the fuck away from them

The absolute fucking state of flyovers.

Do people in Japan actually care about this shit anymore?

Big companies follow western calendar but majority of smaller companies follow Japanese calendar.

Also, there are a lot of puns now based on Reiwa Birthday.

For example, people born in the 7th year of Reiwa creates a pun like 007 like James Bond's license to kill catchphrase.

People born in the 18th year of Reiwa can say there were born in the year R-18 like as in Rated 18.

People born in 20th year can say they were born in the year R2D2.

Attached: ConsidertheFollowing.jpg (600x600, 32K)

They're godless pagans so it matters to them in that all of their dates are based on "X year of Y emperor".

>stop being satisfied with what you have!
I'm good friend you don't have to get upset

Attached: 1419448198251.gif (320x450, 1.37M)

>who doesn't have a passport

like half or more of Americans

I didn’t get mine until age 30

>there are a lot of puns now based on Reiwa Birthday.
that's really cute❤️

This user knows what’s up

It's way more common now that the US slapped visa restrictions on Canada and Mexico.
When I was a kid I used to walk over the border back into San Diego with nothing but my mother's driver's license.

Starting 2020, majority of driver licenses in America get converted to Real ID which can serve as a passport while traveling or flying inside America.

That means, you only need an expensive ass passport only if you want to travel outside America.

It's not fair, though. Passport pictures can be done professionally by whoever photographer you go too. Driver license pictures on the other hand are done at the DMV with a cheap camera after you been waiting and sitting in line for so long and probably look and feel tired as shit and possibly sweaty depending on the weather.

Attached: 1517777686219.png (392x391, 176K)

>Starting 2020, majority of driver licenses in America get converted to Real ID which can serve as a passport while traveling or flying inside America
Isn't this already the case? I use my Driver's License as my ID for literally everything within the US and have done so for years.

No, that's when it is enforced, they are currently processing new licenses as real IDs if you bring the extra documents

You currently don't need a passport if flying domestic, but you will in 2020 if your drivers license doesn't have certain security features.

Yeah you should get a Real ID before the 2020 deadline.

I got mine done on a weekday like around 2:30 to 3:00 PMish and for the first time in my life, there wasn't a long line at one of my local DMVs.

I had originally intended to go to another location but I saw a line snake around the building and did not have the patience to wait that long.

Also, when it is near closing time, don't expect DMV employees to wait for you. I was surprised how all the DMV employees wanted to get the fuck out of the building near closing time and didn't want to wait around for people who still needed time to finish the shit they wanted to do at the DMV.

It kind of reminded me of my elementary or middle school years when everyone just wanted to go home as fast as possible.

Attached: 1549246923872.gif (800x927, 3.9M)

Thank you based japanese government.

Attached: Rei.jpg (750x750, 114K)

Interesting.

>white
those two are Spaniards, dude.

>have to travel to AZ for work all the time
>talking getting tickets
>girl next to me mentions real ID is a pain to get
>ask her what the requirements are
>she fires them off
>I say "Oh that's no big deal it's just like buying a gun"
>she looks at me like I just threatened to kill everyone in the building
The dmv here at least has a little sign they put on a tripod that basically means 'fuck off no more people can get in line'. I've seen that sign put out at 3:30.

Eva is shit animu.

Attached: 1554100087959.png (1200x1200, 1.37M)

>spaniards
>not white
?

Spaniards are white, they aren't Italians.

>Real ID

I just looked this up, what the fuck is this? I can't enter a federal building without ID? I can't fly without federally recognized ID? This is absurd. What is wrong with this country.

This is pretty telling of what is going on.
Spain currently has kim jong un's half brother and the yakuza are almost causing civil war in south korea.
Japan x Spain taking over koreas SOON
THE NEW ERA SIGNALS THE RISE OF THE EMPIRE ONCE AGAIN

Attached: samurai.png (1280x720, 553K)

>can be translated as "Peace by Order"

Japan, pls

Attached: Imperial Japanese.jpg (750x350, 45K)

Reiw-Ai finds a way!

Attached: 1554126588028.jpg (1200x1200, 209K)

>reiwa coming up
>2020 coming up
IMAGINE THE MEMES

Attached: ADOLF_HITLER.jpg (818x1090, 196K)

And also "Japanese by Order"

>Asuka Period already exist
And it's over.

Based and Keitaipilled.

Why is he so smol💢

anime cant get any worse anyways
right?