ITT: anime Yea Forums keeps shilling that are actually meh/shit

ITT: anime Yea Forums keeps shilling that are actually meh/shit

Attached: the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-anime-review-2.jpg (1280x720, 726K)

couldn't even get half through this one

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

probably the most overrated anime in existence

Attached: neon_genesis_evangelion.0.jpg (1200x800, 213K)

Thank you finally someone says it
Couldn't even get past episode 4 it was so boring even as someone who likes romcom highschool stuff

Attached: 1553326211792~01.jpg (843x843, 72K)

BASED

Attached: 15538313743.png (344x380, 250K)

2deep4u

Attached: 1446047789699.jpg (250x187, 6K)

>you just don't get it man
the most pathetic excuse

Attached: 1497665116806.png (1366x768, 1.62M)

Quite the opposite actually, I almost never see anything about it posted on Yea Forums, and it's very good

Attached: a31d420dd2e83a02d9613fa2added36d5ac34bab_hq.jpg (1024x576, 52K)

which part

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

>probably

user, there's no "probably" about it.

I managed the halfway point just because I dragged myself there. That was in '09.

Who 'shills' these? They're rarely talked about compared to the rest of the thread.

>meh

Attached: yuki_mad_001.jpg (1620x919, 566K)

Jojo as a series in general.

Attached: 15538005735.jpg (960x536, 82K)

uncultured swines

Attached: Who the hell do you think I am.png (958x540, 915K)

Shit taste

Reasonable

OP's life.

Attached: 325345647.jpg (236x298, 19K)

the movie the characters made in the show was better than the show itself

They're constantly posted in 3x3 threads. Not necessarily shilling but they do have their discussions

If you posted the movie you would be correct.
These are the people who watched it in chronological order.
Correct

Attached: shitxshit.jpg (400x600, 53K)

low IQ

Attached: tumblr_m5rukoOO551r8uyogo1_250.gif (208x292, 182K)

wrong. i watched season 1 in broadcast order then after half a year watched 1 and 2 in chronological order. it was a huge disappointment and a waist of my time in both cases

Attached: DjzLZ_iXcAMpCnB.jpg (600x600, 32K)

waste*

i would agree with you but the Spiders' and Ants' arcs redeem the rest of the show for me

yawn

Attached: 1551475897568.jpg (1000x1000, 777K)

Nope

Attached: 22128.jpg (225x350, 46K)

It's a great shounen. But it is not a masterpiece.

exactly. I've watched about 110 episodes so far and while I think its enjoyable, I don't understand why so many people shill for it,

The only thing I can think of when I see that picture is "where the fuck is Ergo Proxy?"

Hokutou no Ken is objectively trash by modern standards. I severely hope anyone praising it is doing so because of its legendary status at the time it aired, and not because they think it's actually a good show.

VEG

Nah, it's good.

try this thread

Shitposting that has gotten out of hand.

Utena
Texhnolyze
Shitty Gundam opinions (watch the movies instead of the 0079 series, 08th MS Team isn't terrible)

Haruhi is still the only high-school anime that is worth watching.

It's good shitposting material

This one rarely ever gets talked about, plus it's a masterpiece.

How small brained do you have to be to think ping pong is pretentious. It's literally dudes playing ping pong and following the heroe's journey almost to a T. There's nothing complex about it.

It's literally "It looks weird, so it must be artsy pretentious bs"

This

It's just Super Robot for babbies

This is the most mediocre shit I have ever seen.
Why was this so popular? Were people completely starved for any even halfway decent anime at that point?

Attached: 16563455563.png (336x280, 67K)

Ergo Proxy is unironically bad and so therefore can't be on there.

It's expected that you'd already seen it by the time you come here.

Apparently being the slightest bit "subtle" makes everyone cream their pants.

Attached: COVER.jpg (640x613, 99K)

This. Watched every episode. Liked it while I was watching it, but then never thought about it again.

Subtlety is good, plus Hyouka has a good cast and great direction, you just have shit taste.

Based, can't get the love for this polished turd either, just because they talk a lot it doesn't make the writing any good.

I fucking hate madoka. Stupid magical dogshit

Attached: 28483l.jpg (348x500, 82K)

Dude, if you actually enjoyed Haruhi, but refuse to watch other High School animes, you're actually missing out on a world of enjoyment. Hibike! Euphonium, Snafu, Love Lab, Bunny Girl Senpai, Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Kokoro Connect, Katana Maidens. Just to name a few

Attached: 0A8B7EB4-E7B7-4511-906E-29FCC06F277C.jpg (316x340, 31K)

K-On
Utena

I didn't like FLCL at all, but I'm glad that other anons get so much enjoyment out of it. That's why I still love reading the threads when they pop up.

>Snafu, Love Lab, Bunny Girl Senpai, Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Kokoro Connect, Katana Maidens
Dude.
DUDE

Attached: 1494983783290.png (680x681, 116K)

>literal newfag thread

>Snafu
>Bunny Girl Senpai
>Pet Girl of Sakurasou
>Kokoro Connect
These are like the poster childs of melodramatic shitshows.
And Katana Maidens is an entirely different show compared to the others. And the high-school aspect is entirely secondary.

>Bunny girl
Didn't like this one at all
>Snafu
Not as bad as Bunny girl but still not my thing.
Haruhi still has its flaws but S1 is probably the most satisfying experience I'll ever have in the genre.

Thunderbolt Fantasy. April Fools

i was gonna say this is bait but then i saw the phonepost, go back to wherever you came from

No fuckin clue. Hell, I enjoy Monogatari so I expected it to enjoy it. But it's nowhere near as fun.

Haven't seen Katana Maidens but legit all of the others are better than Haruhi.

I would take melodrama over the it's fucking nothing that is haruhi

Maybe you should watch it first before forming an opinion about it.

I sat through the entire two seasons of this mess.
There is almost no plot, character development or point.
It's just haruhi being a bitch and everyone else being her doormats and the show never acknowledges that this is even a problem.

This is such a stupid image

t. brainlet

This one right here.

Can you explain to me what the actual appeal of this show?
I honestly don't get it.
I mean it's not terrible or anything but it's painfully mediocre.

But all of those have merit?

It's the dialectic of the two main characters, they are two sides of the same coin that have the same conflict but took different approaches to it, during the course of the series they come to share their virtues each other, I guess it's kinda similar to the appeal of Don Quixote in that way. The supernatural twist was clever to portray the theme/conflict, has fine comedy and good audiovisuals.

What conflict? That they are bored?
>come to share their virtues each other
I don't even know what that is supposed to mean if you wrote it out properly.

The trouble with hanging the entire series on two characters is that if the characters are not enjoyable they whole thing falls apart.
And they aren't. Haruhi is an egocentric and selfish bitch and Kyon is a pushover.
That wouldn't be a problem if the show started there and then acknowledged and dealt with their character flaws but it hardly does at all.
The only time it even tried was the very last arc of the second season and even then it was half-assed.
After a while my only emotions for the show swung between boredom and irritation.

FLCL is one of those that I don't get why people like so much. I've seen the first episode many times, and twice I have started on the 2nd, but I've never finished it and I've never watched past that. I don't get it, to me it just seems dumb and I don't want to waste my time watching it.

Attached: Girls'_Last_Tour,_Volume_1.jpg (265x375, 32K)

>What conflict? That they are bored?
Yeah but chronic boredom and the pessimism tied to it, a sense that there is nothing new to be seen or worth a thing for you, I think it's hard to empathize with the characters if you never felt that way.
>I don't even know what that is supposed to mean if you wrote it out properly.
I'll keep it short, Kyon has this reluctant conformist view towards his life, Haruhi strives for something "meaningful" escaping towards fantasy and rejecting society, failing in the process. The clash between these two give birth to something new that shares a bit of both.
>The trouble with hanging the entire series on two characters is that if the characters are not enjoyable they whole thing falls apart.
Speak for yourself, a lot of people enjoy the two main characters a lot.
>And they aren't. Haruhi is an egocentric and selfish bitch and Kyon is a pushover.
They aren't just that, and Kyon likes Haruhi being selfish even if it's annoying sometimes.
>That wouldn't be a problem if the show started there and then acknowledged and dealt with their character flaws but it hardly does at all
The show does this but in a subtle way instead of an explosive melodrama like you wanted it. And I know some of you want Haruhi to be "punished" from being selfish and shit but that's not the point, it's because she suffers that she acts excentric and socially inept, and that's not going to change until she sees some worth in the mundane.

It's not done basically at all.
Calling anything other than what we got melodrama is completely ridiculous.
If you have a series that you claim is character focused, god knows it has nothing else, then having almost no episodes with meaningful character development makes no sense.
The other three side characters get no development at all.
Over half of the episodes have none at all.
There are 28 episodes and there is not not enough meaningful content to fill them.