Is this the worst mother in anime history?

Is this the worst mother in anime history?

Attached: 500.gif (500x376, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.evageeks.org/Second_Impact
wiki.evageeks.org/Shinji_Ikari
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hanebado! - 03 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_00.21_[2018.07.15_16.53.45].jpg (1920x1080, 680K)

I think she had to make little Shinji watch her get killed in order for him to be able to pilot eva in the future. It was either that or letting everyone die, so she made the right decision.

Can't believe Yea Forums has so many speedwatchers

Context doesn't make it better.

None of them raped their children while working against their own planet.

Attached: HISHE.gif (500x280, 983K)

Anime and manga are full of bad parents. There's bound to be someone worse than her.

Attached: 1538615283361.png (775x1200, 409K)

It's been a long time since I've last watched Eva, did she deliberately plan to have her soul trapped in EVA-01 in order for it to become a testament to humanity's existence, or was the second part of the plan something she came up with after the accident?

Attached: screenshot-22-2-13-8-38-pm.png (1366x768, 555K)

But she saved him though.

And made him watch her get killed and have her soul absorbed into a giant alien monstrosity while making him think he was going to have a fun day going to see his mom work.

Who's the worst between these two?
>when I walked out on you it hurt me too, please understand
>I only walked out on you so you'd get better at badminton, please understand

I honestly think she's the real villain of the show.
a crazy bitch totally focused on her new age gnostic trip, having a child only to make him becoming some kind of messiah for her godhood project and abandonning her needy sociopathic husband.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-02-26-21h06m43s045.png (960x720, 851K)

no, she's a great mom

yeah, that was her plan all along

Literally the best mom even posthumously ESPECIALLY POSTHUMOSULY

0/10 thread

>set up your son to be in a position to be god
How is she a bad mother exactly?

you know if Angels came it's basically just to take Adam and leave? Seele are basically tricking them using the mask of Adam on Lilith to attract them in Tokyo-3, and after it kill them using the Evas.

Humans wants instrumentality and Angels just want to take Adam and leave Earth forever.

all those battles could have been avoided actually, Seele, Gendo but especially her are huge motherfuckers in fact.

Yeah, taking your young child to work with you so he can watch you get sacrificed by an ancient doomsday cult and see your soul get repurposed to power their monster god is great parenting.

It was part of her plan all along, she told Fuyutsuki right before the experiment what would happen so if something went wrong he could be a witness of what she tried to do.

It's one of the great things about Eva, that for all his reputation Gendo was really just another cog in someone else's machine. and that for most people it can fly over their heads who the person really responsible for all their missery really was.

>Angels just want to take Adam and leave Earth forever.
Earth belonged to the angels, they basically wanted to get rid of humans and Make Earth Great Again but Kaworu was an homosexual race traitor in league with the illuminati and decided genocide against his own people would be a better outcome.

Attached: ce3669c63e361363cb0c66fff706aa68--quiver-fresh-memes.jpg (236x231, 13K)

No, this is.

Attached: 1550283057618.jpg (600x728, 87K)

It's like in a romcom when a misunderstanding takes a whole episode to resolve because the people involved won't have a simple 2 minute conversation, except this time it ruined an entire childhood.

Yes

Attached: 1327712.jpg (250x390, 29K)

Fucking bitch

She is the villain.

Also someone in another thread figured out that Yui and Gendo must have conceived Shinji at the time of 2nd Impact.
She had planned EVERYTHING out like clockwork.

Attached: yui pose.jpg (1641x717, 258K)

Sauce/reasoning for believing that they conceived Shinji at 2A? I thought Shinji was born during 2A.

>Sauce/reasoning for believing that they conceived Shinji at 2A? I thought Shinji was born during 2A.
What do you mean "reasoning?" Do you not understand how babies work? It takes 9 months from conception to birth.
wiki.evageeks.org/Second_Impact
>Second Impact (セカンドインパクト) is a global cataclysm which occurred on September 13th, 2000
wiki.evageeks.org/Shinji_Ikari
>Birthday 06/06/2001
>I thought Shinji was born during 2A.
Why would you post this instead of looking up the right answer?

Second impact happened in September 13, 2000
Shinji was born in June 06, 2001, 38 weeks, just around how long a pregnancy lasts. Now you can insert a Gendo ejaculation/2nd impact joke if you'd like.

Thanks. I assumed they were born during for some reason.

Evangelion is just a really bad human drama mixed in with freudian psychoanalysis and projecting.

When you remove the Shinji Filter that Anno puts on, Gendo is just stressed as fuck in running an organization hellbent on kickstarting some plan for global domination.

He just doesn't have time for Shinji at all because his superiors keep trying to manipulate extra terrestrial aliens into making the 3rd Impact so they can control the world. Everything wrong with Evangelion could've been solved by Gendo remarrying Ritsuko's thirsty behind, get the fuck out of NERV and raise Shinji.

I'm honestly convinced that Gendo is just proto-Doctor Venture at this point.

badminton, because it wasn't based on a misuderstanding. she's just insane

user anyone who watched the show knows that pretty much all of the adults were fucking awful and the kids suffered as a result.

>Everything wrong with Evangelion could've been solved by Gendo remarrying Ritsuko's thirsty behind, get the fuck out of NERV and raise Shinji.
Sure, I'm sure it would have turned out great for humanity if SEELE didn't have Gendo undermining and running opposition against them and instead were free to put in someone completely in their pocket.

>Gendo is just stressed as fuck in running an organization hellbent on kickstarting some plan for global domination
That's not what he's doing and they don't want world domination. To oversimplify it they are more like religious zealots that want a specific fate to 'save' humanity. Gendo's main goal is reunification with Yui
>He just doesn't have time for Shinji at all because his superiors keep trying to manipulate extra terrestrial aliens into making the 3rd Impact so they can control the world
Again, they don't want to control the world. The beings are no more 'extra terrestrial' than humans. It's not him not having time. He deliberately avoids contact with him for other reasons. That last part he explains directly so you can't even blame it on a 'convoluted' plot
Did you even watch it or did you just read a synopsis somewhere?

I feel like Gendo's the least awful adult in the show by virtue of lacking grand delusions of godhood.

I was shocked when I found out she didn't tell Gendo what she was doing. I mean wtf no wonder he was so fucked for the rest of the series his wife abandoned him and there child in order to be a "proof of humanity" and float around in space.

Fuyutsuki lacked those grand delusions, Gendo might not have wanted godhood full time but he sure as hell wanted the godlike power to redo the world to his liking.

Did Kaworu really love and care for Shinji?

This one.

Attached: IsabellaAnime.png (180x284, 26K)

On most due date calculators, if you put in a conception date of 13 September on a leap year, you get 6 June the following year as your estimated due date.

In all fairness to her, she probably knew he'd do anything in his power to stop her if he new.

user, if NERV were really religious zealots, then they would've fucked off out in to the rural Japanese towns and build a small cult and started breeding with lolis in a fit of drunken power.

I think Evangelion sucks at conveying it's message, and Persona 3 did it better by showing humanity's slow descent into madness and end of the world cults.

Eva just wants to be pretentious psychoanalysis of mecha character. I still stand by the idea that all of Gendo's problems would be solved by getting the fuck out of NERV, and far away from them as possible.

>I feel like Gendo's the least awful adult in the show

>Im gonna ruin the life of not only my son, but two other kids, this blonde chick and ruin the entire fucking planet to see my "dead" wife again.

Yeah, no thats totally okay user. Shit SEELE as crazy as they were, at least wanted to help humanity, in the craziest kind of way. Gendou just fucked everyone up for his own selfish desires.

Wrong, the Angels want to touch Adam to nuke all Lilium life forms (humans) off Earth, so NERV tricks them into coming after their heavily defended headquarters they built around Lilith instead.

On some level, yeah probably.

She's just a seasonal bad mom.

What about Misato? Kaji? Fuyutski? Any of the technicians? Fucking anyone at all really.

Gendo is evil as fuck. The flashback episode makes it pretty clear he helped deliberately cause 2nd impact, killing half of the world's population. Bit of a dick move.

Maybe not the absolute worst, but she was definitely shitty.

Attached: Marianne vi Britannia.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

>user, if NERV were really religious zealots, then they would've fucked off out in to the rural Japanese towns and build a small cult and started breeding with lolis in a fit of drunken power.
Why the fuck would they do that? They specifically wanted instrumentality to happen because they treated the dead sea scrolls like some prophecy and an instruction manual. Why would you even comment on its pretentiousness when you can't seem to even follow the plot. There may be some debate on the details of how things went but most of the things you mentioned in your previous post are straight up incorrect.
>and Persona 3 did it better by showing humanity's slow descent into madness and end of the world cults.
What does this have to do with it? It's a completely different story

Its kinda hilarious.
Gendo's entire motivation is to get Yui back when she left him on purpose and is banking on his plan allowing her plan to succeed in which he definitely will never see her again.

And Fuyutsuki knew all along.

So were they trying to twist this into some idea that she was doing what was best for her daughter?
I didn't catch the last few episodes

We're not talking about your mom.

>all those EVA theads
I cannot wait for June 2019 when this boards should be 100% evangelion because Netflix has the show

I think she was just playing 4d chess with SEELE because she did not want all of humanity to get tanged and she devised her plan to stop that and also prevent destruction of humanity by the angels. She's definitely still kind of crappy and irresponsible in a way as a parent but I don't think her ultimate goal was just to 'float in space' as she could have achieve that without doing anything at all throughout the series.

Asuka's mom was worse.
Yui had some semblance of a plan, and I don't think she intended for Gendo to abandon Shinji as well. She was attempting to make a sacrifice.
Kyoko was a single mom (strike one) and did the same thing, but for no reason other than a vain attempt to prove she was better than Yui, with no plan and no backup.

No, this is.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-20 Rosa1 webp (WEBP Image, 240 × 500 pixels).png (240x500, 146K)

Post physically abusive moms

Pretty sure Kyoko never knew Yui.
And she is not worse because she never intended to be absorbed.

not really.. she seems to have set them up for the escape

>Kyoko was a single mom
Did you watch the show? Half of Asuka's backstory is that her father essentially abandoned her after Kyouko fucked up during the experiment, and had an affair while Kyouko was in the hospital

How do you even come up with this? She was not a single mom and it's not clear that she knew what the consequences were.

Main series Kyoko wasn't a single mom, but manga Kyoko was.
She and her husband divorced, her husband got a new wife and they had a kid, so Kyoko artificially inseminated to have Asuka in response.
But only in the manga.

best mommy

i want her to shame my penis

Attached: 1553189849879.jpg (1032x1525, 785K)

Attached: 8ef52f70427a45155d10437122d50d17.png (1024x768, 1013K)

Her father and Kyoko had already split before she was born.

What did she do?

Should doujin mommies be ranked separately?

Seems unfair.

Attached: 1446232715839.jpg (1309x313, 126K)

>mom fucks her son's bully

Attached: 1540710313011.png (295x308, 71K)

No, they didn't. Asuka's father only started having an affair after the accident, Asuka's stepmom was the doctor in charge of Kyoko. don't keep posting your opinions when you're this wrong.

Don't know, tell me there's a doujin of that scenario.

Dunno. Is this the best mother in anime history?

Attached: 2aa436a2305d20e59d9a0747f81382a5.jpg (800x1086, 96K)

Attached: Great Mother.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Attached: precia testarossa.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Two generations of great mothers

Attached: greatest love story ever told.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

there's like thousands

this fucking retarded bitch who got knocked up in a demongang bang takes the cake for the worst mom

Attached: 1466973048912.jpg (557x605, 60K)

(You)