So if Britannia was supposed to be suppressing Japanese culture...

So if Britannia was supposed to be suppressing Japanese culture, how come Ashford Academy in practice was structured almost exacly like a Japanese high school and followed Japanese high school-specific clichés?

Attached: Code Geass student council.jpg (502x640, 94K)

Is shirley touching kallen's boob in that image

>Embrace, extend, extinguish

Who else would unironically side with Britannia? I know I would.

To gift us with crazy events like the giant pizza and the crossdressing festival

Attached: 1522023497067.png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

I think they all touch each other's boobs in that one bonus scene where they go to a hot springs at the school. Which is yet another indication that the writers have no idea how non-Japanese cultures work.

I don't think they're gave a shit if some school held a Japanese themed cultural festival. They were more concerned with restricting political rights. Suppressing Japnese culture would've meant Suzaku would be required to change his name to join their military.

>Suzaku would be required to change his name to join their military
hey guys, nice to meet you I'm Zack Crewgi

Attached: 1522101192672.jpg (452x640, 198K)

Thing is, the government shouldn't even need to suppress anything. Ashford is a Britannian-run school for Britannians. They should be following Britannian culture on their own accord and should have no reason to have Japanese stuff.

1) technically, they were still in japan.
2) the japanese are probably not aware they're japanese high school cliches, because they don't watch foreign high school dramas
3) in the event they did know, they probably didn't care, because the audience is still japanese and therefore in demand of this crap

Why is there lazy writing? I don't know, could it be the writers are lazy?

What japanese high school cliches were there?

>Student council
>Everybody must be part of a club
>School festival
>Hot springs
>Valentine's Day where the girls target the boys

>Student council
That's an actual thing that exists

>Everybody must be part of a club
That's a prep school thing, not a japanese high school thing

>School festival
>Valentine's Day where the girls target the boys
Milly was weird. That's established pretty much from her first appearance

>Hot springs
What, you mean the fancy baths? It's a boarding school for rich kids.

Colonizers do local things all time if you go by history. British run schools in India had a lot of Indian influence during colonial times. It's kinda like that.

Because Code Geass was a poorly thought out mess of a show that said and did nothing of note.
>Lelouch is an overly emotional Light clone
>the worst parts of Mecha anime. All that matter is what arbitrary "version" they are >Tactics barely matter in R1 and dont matter at all outside it
>characters make nonsensically retarded decisions for the sake of drama
>PapaLelouchs endgame plan was a horrid bastardization of Eva's Instrumentality
>Kallen becomes practically a non-character in R2
>CC is underused and ultimately unsatisfying
>the reason for Euphemia going full Hiroshima on the nips was the most retarded shit to ever happen
The only thing they did right was the ending. I'm reaaaly glad they didnt ruin it by making an unnecessary sequel rendering ending sacrifice moot.

Attached: 1549927405677.gif (550x550, 277K)

>The only thing they did right was the ending. I'm reaaaly glad they didnt ruin it by making an unnecessary sequel rendering ending sacrifice moot.

Attached: 1538171496072.jpg (400x447, 37K)

>So if Britannia was supposed to be suppressing Japanese culture, how come Ashford Academy in practice was structured almost exacly like a Japanese high school and followed Japanese high school-specific clichés?

Because, like most other anime made by Japanese people, they know more about Japan than they do about the rest of the world.

Also, Britannia has been in Japan for years. They can adopt certain practices from the locals even without giving them credit.

Yeah, that's not unusual. People need to read up more on imperial and colonial history.

Code Geass isn't that original (neither is the show in your picture, btw). That said...

Light being too emotionless actually makes him a less interesting character, so Lelouch is better and more than a clone.
The show had battles where the tactics did matter. Not all of them, sometimes it was all about the tech, but even you admit that's normal in mecha anime combat.
I think every major character decision made sense from their POV, even if I think they were dumb. Real people can be melodramatic too.
Even Evangelion didn't 100% come up with the idea behind instrumentality, but that is a fair criticism. Just one that it not surprising. Lots of shows have done something similar too.
Kallen still had some okay scenes in R2. Only less of them.
C.C. gets more attention in the film and that's a good way compensate.
Euphemia going nuts due to the common was indeed contrived but it's not the most retarded thing. You haven't read or seen enough anime or manga.

>The only thing they did right was the ending. I'm reaaaly glad they didnt ruin it by making an unnecessary sequel rendering ending sacrifice moot.

The movie doesn't change much. It's not only separate from the main story, all they did was resolve a couple of loose ends and move on. Doesn't really contradict the ending, since plenty of people had figured out that survival was possible.

*Euphemia going nuts due to the command

That's only true if you're incapable of: a) understanding that it's an alternate universe. b) have trouble with something that was already more or less foretold by the fans. c) didn't like the show anyway, so your opinion is useless.

>C.C. gets more attention in the film and that's a good way compensate.
C.C. goes from ultimate best girl to lovesick dungbrain. That's not a good way to compensate.

>Lelouch is an overly emotional Light clone
While Death Note certainly made this character archetype popular in anime, it wasn't that original to begin with and just general good character writing.
>the worst parts of Mecha anime. All that matter is what arbitrary "version" they are >Tactics barely matter in R1 and dont matter at all outside it
While the tactics appeal is overplayed by the community (and kinda the anime itself by being so flashy - though I like it), there are some legit ones and the fight choreography is solid at almost all times, making even the fights with better mechas interesting to watch
>characters make nonsensically retarded decisions for the sake of drama
The show definitely favors drama more than realism, but every characters decision makes sense giving the circumstances they're confronted with
>PapaLelouchs endgame plan was a horrid bastardization of Eva's Instrumentality
At this point instrumentality might as well be a general anime trope, like mechas
That said, it knowingly didn't overstay its welcome and was cleverly combined with the show's themes of war, giving it its own purpose
>>Kallen becomes practically a non-character in R2
Putting her out of action for a long while was a mistake, but she still received development and had a great final confrontation with Suzaku at the end
>>the reason for Euphemia going full Hiroshima on the nips was the most retarded shit to ever happen
It's only slightly contrived imo and did get foreshadowed and makes sense for Lelouch's character. To me it was a good plot twist since it got the characters into interesting positions.

Not to mention there's still a whole lot more to like. Code Geass might not be as original or realistic as other mecha anime but it executes its plot actually extremely well if you can buy into some intended silliness. The pacing alone makes me prefer it overy pretty much anything, even with the occasional school fluff.