Sword Art Online: SAO

>Unrepentant and irredeemable villainess gets a somewhat muddled and compassionate sendoff despite not doing anything to deserve it
I know she was a cute girl, but c'mon.

Attached: 1553994816914.webm (1920x1080, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/i1wu8s.mp4
twitter.com/Anime_AbemaTV/status/1040482822689968129
mangadex.org/title/20106/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People told me Alicization was going to be better than the previous two season, but now, after 25 episodes, it just felt like a long stretched out filler that didn't move the actual plot forward at all. The relationship development between Kirito and Eugeo/Alice is paper thin too.

Attached: D3A3LV4UkAAyhvD.jpg (960x1200, 113K)

Showtime status: IT'S

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Sword Art Online - Alicization - 24 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.09_[2019.03.31_23.10.00].j (1280x720, 62K)

Is that Ban?

Attached: D3A3LV4UkAAyhvD.jpg:orig.jpg (1024x1280, 124K)

This. I heard it was supposedly the best arc of SAO but I dropped it at episode 8 for being boring as fuck.

>connection timed out

What's the point of lying on the internet?

Of all the ways for her to die off, I didn't expect it to be while on fire AND being raped.

Don't worry user! The second portion will be much better! i.e. It'll actually be entertaining.

It was an official poll. There was even a poster with it by Abec.

Attached: abecart.png (850x607, 760K)

SHOWTIME
A real shame.
Don't lie user.

No seriously its actually really entertaining due to how fucking stupid and bad it is.

Its the best for the simple reason of there being no stupid harem antics/females jumping all over Kirito in an attempt to suck his dick first.

The poll they had to redo due to the amount pf excessive spamming?

Only the last part. Volumes 15 to 17's first half was great

>AND being raped.
He didn't have enough blood left in his body to pop a boner so he blew up instead.

Oh so this is why Asuna was there twice

You faggots said the same thing about Allicization first half and it was mostly boring

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. Why did I let these faggots trick me into watching 25 episodes of this? I mean I like SAO, but this is just awful. They should've just skipped Alicization and animated Progressive instead.

That sentiment seem to be shared by a lot of people. Its even worse considering novelfags say that its pretty much downhill from here. I'll never understand why this author never seems to capitilize on the series strengths rather than tackling shit he clearly has no idea how to do. Ordinal Scale was fun mainly because it was bout everything people liked about SAO and so is Progressive but everything after the first arc in the LN just seem to get worse and worse and often time they wind up being boring more often than not.

>tfw all the doujins will be yaoi tho

Attached: D2vkdnWUwAEB00m.jpg:orig.jpg (1200x1694, 607K)

Sorry you have an incurable illness called shit taste

>shit taste

Where in the fuck do you think you're posting?

At least Quinella was actually a fun and entertaining villain to watch unlike all the other previous ones.

>4 episodes per novel
>Minimum monologues from Eugeo
>Skipped over Zakkaria in favour of Haremfaggotry
Butchered adaptation

A thread about one of the best series of all time. Duh.

Yeah I'll give you that, but Quinella alone isn't enough to redeem this season.

>At least Quinella was actually a fun and entertaining villain to watch
That's faint praise. Though ASADA-SAN ASADA-SAN ASADA-SAN was pretty hilarious.

What is this all about?

Attached: 1507121251622.png (623x911, 1.39M)

Alicization was like a breath of fresh air, it was just a pure, classic sci-fi fantasy anime adventure, for me it *was* capitalizing SAO's strengths. It was really fun to read back in the day. Adaptation was a rough ride, still around 7.5/10 for me.

>A thread about one of the best series of all time. Duh.

Attached: 1538929984007.jpg (400x399, 120K)

>Alicization was like a breath of fresh air
>Kirito trapped in a virtual reality...again

Yea Forumsdhd in the chat

Is Asuna being passive aggressive here?

Attached: yqjwmypcpfp21.jpg (2048x2048, 390K)

I am actually curious about this. Are those who don't like the Harem subplot the faggot Saofags?

of course gary stu still somehow survives getting his fluctlight fried because there's a million more LNs

Ahh, I knew I missed something from these threads

Please sober up first before typing.

Based Frodoposter

How does double brain damage even work ? He had brain damage already and was fine in the virtual world.

Attached: 1453445528832.jpg (348x342, 37K)

>Those fucking lines
Holy kek

Why was Kirito so freaked out by Quinella leaving to go to the real world? It's not like she could have really done shit once on the outside; she would have been contained. Also, what did she say to Kirito here? Was she taunting him? Threatening him?

Attached: Quin.webm (1920x1080, 2.25M)

It's a meme but here's the explanation. Kirito's brain got damaged from the lack of oxygen, FLA is used to reconstruct and repair his brain. But because of the power surge, whatever guilt, despair and negative emotions he felt during that time was amplified from 10 to 1000000 which completely disabled him and reduced him to an unmoving husk.

>mankind thrived under her rule
>effective plan to protect her realm by sacrificing half the population
>weeeeehhheeeee you don't loooooooooove youuuu baaaaaaaddddd
Literally did nothing wrong. She was an unwavering masterpiece of a woman. Strong, beautiful, unbending and eternal!
Why can moralfags only spout big words and just ruins things for everybody?
>We are gonna make it guys, we just gotta believe!
Cardinal literally planned to wipe out everything, if push came to shove. HOW WAS SHE ANY BETTER THAT SENTIMENTAL TWO-FACED RUNT

Attached: 6bdaa9921313389e22a25ad0eac5aae2.png (1500x1500, 562K)

Maybe some user will remember that this was his post, hm.
About "Kirito trapped in a virtual reality", I won't say that this is basically core of the series and it wouldn't be SAO without that,
but I will say that it was 'fresh' for me because:
>that was basically a real isekai for Kirito,
>he was braindead already but still held together somehow by the STL,
>the whole 'Soul AI' and literally a whole artificial world, with it's history, customs, lives and deaths created by usual people and contained within such small space,
>his memories with the trio and the unknown future, new adventure and all that.
>more 'real' artificial world
The first chapters were especially interesting to me, this was actually a in-universe SAO world I wanted to know more about.

Attached: reductionist.png (585x46, 3K)

What's wrong with what I typed?

we won quinellabros
I dont actually watch sao but thats a good thing

Ahah... Yeah fun

Attached: 1553959335034.jpg (1440x810, 80K)

user, I will save you for all once, V15 is the worst thing that could happen to sao along with v18 with roboAlice being so disrespectful with Kirito and Asuna's relationship, I am not a big fan of that couple but one thing that I think is forbidden is want to interfere with someone's stablished relationship, that's so awful and horrible to watch. when I read that part I thought wtf I didn't sign up to read a soap opera but then we have this now and sao is ruined by haremettes forever

The dialogues were actually really good. Didn't expect fucking SAO to be sensible and correctly deal with nice human themes

>sao is ruined by haremettes forever
Exactly
I guess that's why I prefer Progressive character wise, I don't have to deal with harem shit at least

What the fuck they changed how she died?
>They should've just skipped Alicization and animated Progressive instead
This

Can we just reboot mother's rosario a couple times so I can see more of this cutie

Attached: 1535189982088.png (500x281, 307K)

You guys don't realise just how far A-1 can fuck up SAO Progressive

animators know what's good

Attached: 1551541290793.png (800x800, 418K)

Just play the games. She's in ALL of them

How? All they have to do is repeat SAO S1 first cour with different outfits and Kirito/Asuna not being so lovey dovey from the get go
That part is also arguably SAO's high point

You overestimate A-1's power.

i think the funniest thing about this show is that the author knows that his public is retarded enough to ignore the fact that a character is naked all the time, and fights naked, and rapes a dude.

They can't possibly do worse than JC Staff's treatment of Index S3 or OPM

>retarded enough to ignore the fact that a character is naked all the time
You have a problem with this? What are you a faggot?

Where did this come from? Does Quinella actually have a bed scene?

>Where did this come from?
SAO Mobage
>Does Quinella actually have a bed scene?
Yes she does.

Maybe she found her old self again at the moment of death. Could be why she doesn't have her crown when she sees her true desire/self.

Attached: Loli Quinella.jpg (1920x4320, 1018K)

>can only be unlocked on Memory Defrag with those gold tickets
FUCK

It's totally worth it for the homolust.

Attached: D2W7X3OU4AAeK6N-orig.jpg (1000x707, 71K)

So if Quinella had appeared in loli form, Eugeo would have gone straight in for the smash?

I was told there was a huge suck off in the series for the japanese where just them were able to blow the fuck out of thousands of Americans, Chinese and Europeans, where's that arc? I love watching stuff where the nips are mary sues to the whole world, it's cute since they don't mean a thing in real life. Where's m Nippon strong arc already? Nothing will beat the japanese winning world war 2 because of a samurai,tho

Who wouldn't

>Why was Kirito so freaked out by Quinella leaving to go to the real world?
By the prospect of Quinella going after his real world friends. She already fucked over Cardinal and Eugeo.
>It's not like she could have really done shit once on the outside; she would have been contained.
A certain individual on the outside would have helped her out.
>Also, what did she say to Kirito here? Was she taunting him? Threatening him?
Taunting him that despite all his hard effort she will be getting out anyway.

You see those operators?That guy with the scar is the one laughing coffing member who's been in every scene; he's likely the leader of them.
So it's only a matter of time until they get into the game to fuck things up. Patience, my friend. I hate this series as much as the next guy, but I have gotten my first fix and now I can't stop. It's like a crack addiction.

non Lolicons?

I recognize Ban anywhere.

>I hate this series as much as the next guy
>It's like a crack addiction
So it's faggots like you that gripe about how bad this show is and yet show up to every thread
Don't worry sonny I have a cure for you

Attached: someone say crack.jpg (800x430, 82K)

>not unironically liking SAO
what are you even doing?

They don't call him the Black Swordsman for nothing.

As someone who watched SAO when it first aired in 2012, I loved it at first and gradually came to hate it by the time it finished airing. Left it for a few years and jumped onto any SAO hate bandwagon. Ignored SAO II at first because I still despised it until a friend of mine told me to play Hollow Fragment as playing the game would give me a new perspective and a change of opinion. So I gave it a go and after 10 hours in I felt "This is how SAO's first arc should have been!" and then I went on to complete the game and ended up enjoying it. I then went on to play Lost song followed by Hollow Realisation and gradully I started to like SAO again and now here I am just finished watching Alicization and now looking forward to the game coming out.

Nice one

So why is it that nobody rapes or attempts to rape Kirito? Everyone around him is getting raped. Even his best friend gets a vagina forced onto his penis. Kirito can be said to be a rape magnet, yet he remains unraped/unmolested.

Attached: kirito_chloroformed_fullview.jpg (435x1122, 79K)

Because he's too OP
If he isn't as stronk as he is you can bet Klein and half the male players in those games would be trying to get in his pants

asunafags would murder kawahara if that happened

>He doesn't know
IT'S

*asuna would murder the rapist

As a anime only fag I was hoping for a bit QuinellaxKirito action but the world is gay and not in a good way.

SHOWTIME

You get that in the games though. Kirito has the option of cuddling with Quinella.

Attached: MD BED TALK.jpg (3000x3000, 2.61M)

>People told me Alicization was going to be better than the previous two season

Attached: 1549652076469.jpg (600x450, 60K)

Wait Quinella is in the gacha?

> cuddling
Sounds too consensual for my taste.

Yes. She gets trapped in the Sleeping Together EroMMO with everyone else.

Attached: strip.webm (1280x720, 615K)

This is the one where you need tickets right, not the one with the crystals?

Yes.

Attached: 1553902204157.jpg (680x850, 128K)

Fuck I haven't spent a penny on this game so far but time to break out the wallet I guess

God I'd MAX LIMIT BREAK with Quinella, if you know what I mean.

Quinella is welfare. You don't have to pay to get her.

when they did that I started to hate Asuna, Sinon, Liz, Leafa, Silica and Yui, boring girls with boring conversation made zakkaria to be skipped, I will never forget about that

Oh fucking heavens...Asuna scares me a lot

>all those sentences that make no sense

Jesus, its like trying to read a technical manual. Do you need a masters degree in Gatcha Lingo to understand what any of that means?

They're not that hard to understand, "scout" is their fancy way of saying gacha

QUINELLA OR DEATH!!!!

Attached: Quinella_Or_Death.webm (640x360, 2.72M)

I love this two dorks so much, post more KiriYujis

Attached: 55942593_1213501808800968_1186745359905325056_o.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Is Volume 15 really that bad? I haven't read past 14.

Poh x Kirito fics when?

>thanks to you, I don't just get morning wood anymore!

>offering those options
You know how that's going to end.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Sword Art Online - Alicization - 24 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_16.40_[2019.04.01_01.15.43]. (1920x1080, 452K)

here's a different opinion user, it's honestly my favourite volume so try it out yourself

Alice becomes a bitch that doesn't want to fight anymore even if her old village is getting devastated by some dark territory invasors, her character got downgraded into a girl that wants to die along with veggie!Kirito, then when she finally recovers from her teenager depression... after long boring dialogues, in volume 18, she becomes a homewrecker ai that wants to win over Asuna despite learning Asuna is still the supreme waifu in Kirito's heart

Why my Sao thread died today with 5 posts?

Quinella should have killed Alice instead of Eugeo

>there are people reason ln
>of fucking sao
Why?
And will blond kersto come back?

>kirisuna shipper
Opinion discarded.
Volume 15 is garbage because of RL shenanigans and the boring characters within. Acquire better taste.

When did you stop loving her?

Attached: JuUx45h.jpg (3419x2751, 1.04M)

False dichotomy, I still love her.

Attached: 73841230_p0.jpg (1323x1634, 383K)

not Kirisuna shipper at all though I ship them in Progressive I would prefer a romance between Kirito and Eugeo instead of what we got, boring gf cuck Asuna and annoying, noisy haremettes but now with an orbitter knight addition

The most common complain was alicization first half was boring as fuck with almost nothing happen, there's no usual banter between the main cast, little to no action, bland character with no personality that killed off midway as plot device
Don't worry though second half truly feels like SAO, we got our main cast back, intense action and adventure while asuna and alice fighting for kirito action
The one that says the first half was the best and the second half is ass was not a saofags, and probably only watch alicization because their mentally ill shipfaggotry

Attached: De2guuEWAAAEwdE.jpg (966x1200, 171K)

Ave Stella Regina et Dea Creationis

Attached: 1534201535622.jpg (808x963, 206K)

The second half is just people fellating Kirito even though he's a literal vegetable for 70% of it.
>oooh I believe in you Kirito
>I've known you for a few hours but I know you're the one that'll save the world
>we've got to drag Kirito's useless body around so that we can keep fighting over him
>oh no, I'm not Kirito so I'm going to job (except for Bercouli)

>Kirito out of play until finale.
>Lead is strong independent woman who takes care of her vegetative husband and tries to save the world.
Did SAO just turn into an Otome under our noses?

That's nice isn't it, Kirito actually feels like the main character again, and lol at 70%
And who doesn't like harem hijink? even Kawahara himself admit that harem hijink was the spice of SAO though he only support Kirito x Asuna

Attached: image.png (1120x1600, 1.3M)

>we've got to drag Kirito's useless body around so that we can keep fighting over him

Except literally everyone mentions this is retarded and dumb to have an invalid in the army camp, except Alice who trows a temper tantrum and since she's someone who's indispensable to their war power due to being the 3rd strongest Knight still in commission they begrudgingly let her keep him in her tent.

So saying "everyone" does it is a big stretch

>Not taking responsibility for the care of your vegetable husband in a world that is in the midst of getting face fucked by THE FORCES OF DARKNESS

> your vegetable husband

Asuna hadn't even descended on the world at that point and Alice sure as shit isn't his wife, user

based Kawahara

Attached: 73531449_p0.png (1100x741, 1.65M)

Are you implying that couples can do this kind of kinky shit and NOT be married? That's pretty degenerate desu

Attached: chain play.png (1920x1080, 1.72M)

>Kirito chains up Alice and fucks her over a ledge with a 100+ meter drop
Kinky.

>big battle between Underworlders + Japs vs. Chinks + Gooks
>Asuna has literal god account
>PoE walks up to her
>she doesn't even try to fight him, just meekly accepts defeat and surrenders
>he starts shit-talking, killing fags
>she literally just sits there going "oh no, he's too strong even though I have a god account"
>PoE gets Kiritos vegetable body and starts kicking him
>Asuna does nothing, just sits around crying even though she has not lifted a single finger to prevent this scenario
>even though she still has her fucking sword
>Kirito save us
Literally never been angrier at a fictional character in my life. It was so completely out of character, inconsistent with the story itself and stupid. All for the purpose of making Kirito look slightly cooler when he came back.

How much of an influence did this animator had in the show though?

They seem to have a lot of interesting fetishes, nobody can probably see them that high up but they are still in the open

Attached: 1551231218842.png (1500x1264, 1.45M)

it was for the cover of the abec artbook

Alice dedication, care and attentiveness make her the ideal waifu, and she's the only one that dare to openly compete with asuna for kirito, sugu is coward

Attached: file.png (457x634, 298K)

Try as you wish, sluts. You'll never be as beautiful as Quinella.

I reckon had Alice been around from the start, Kirito would have ended up with her.

t.newfag

Go back

>I know she was a cute girl, but c'mon.
That's literally all she has to be for everyone to forgive her.
Meanwhile ugly guys get no redemption whatsoever.

I hated Asuna's character how weak can she be, hopefully a1 will change some of those scenes

Alice already lost before she fight

Sugu is kind of content in the sisterzone so I don't blame her too much, but Alice is an adorable sweetheart that I just wanna be

Forgot pic

Attached: 1551533845115.png (1007x2323, 3.41M)

She's the second villain that Kirito killed, and the only one who he didn't feel bad about killing. Most of the villains (those ugly guys) get spared actually.

>someone out there in the world actually drew the scene
Nice.

AY WHAT THE FUCK
EVEN IS THIS EVENT

Attached: panic stand up.png (350x339, 48K)

She really is great. A-1 better do her justice. I want the KiriAlice moments adapted faithfully. I fear some Asunafag will try to downplay it

Attached: 1551550460994.png (1920x1080, 803K)

wish the shoehorned-in ahegao wasn't there

Attached: D015zPZU0AAE1Bg.jpg (1600x1600, 285K)

Game character are so OOC, asuna is a good girl, she actually get along well with the rest of female characters even though she know they like Kirito

>A-1 better do her justice
After what they did to the first arc, I can't put my hopes on them again.

Attached: 1541131980238.jpg (1080x1024, 59K)

In the LN, Quinella didn't get any kind of sendoff like this. She just got a hot hug, and died.
That said, I don't doubt the author OK'd this scene, because he seems to believe Quinella (like Kayaba) are somehow, someway redeemable. Because reasons.

>She's the second villain that Kirito killed,
She was killed by the Clown not Kirito.

It's literally Kirito must sleep with girls to escape/save everyone (you know, like Aincrad, except it's pussy he's slaying instead of monsters). Furthermore, he can't let them know or they all get fried. He even needs to seduce Quinella, which is going to be hilarious.

files.catbox.moe/i1wu8s.mp4

Attached: 7yWTGKZ.jpg (2869x2054, 754K)

I wish to and at least one thing I am at least a bit more confident about is that there will be more time with 4 volumes compared to 6 now so I hope there will be breathing room to get all the feels in but that's only if they go for 24 eps I guess
same, I like more cutey facial expressions as they pump it but at least it's something but there's also the nice CG fellatio set I liked

Attached: 1551544917626.jpg (1000x1440, 298K)

>you parry and sidestep her and now her ass is defenseless
>what do you do

Attached: 1554064586970.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

That was for the cover dude

Here's the actual poll, it was held around september-October 2018, 1st place get a new figures, art and also new version on SAO mobage
1st: Yuuki, 2nd: Asuna

Attached: v7JkaS06.jpg?resize=600%2C600.jpg (600x600, 68K)

Um... Asunakeks?

Attached: D3BFYFYWwAEztp8.jpg:orig.jpg (750x1334, 102K)

Vorpal Strike with my third sword

twitter.com/Anime_AbemaTV/status/1040482822689968129

>Asuna is a literal slut
What's new?

Gameverse Quinella is kinda cute in how utterly confused she is about VRgaming and real people (like Alice and Eugeo) while still being a manipulative bitch.

Attached: Confused_Quinella.jpg (594x593, 100K)

She's great alright

Attached: 1549807425893.jpg (533x800, 49K)

It already was because the first two seasons were really bad.

So they basically adapted the plot of the Aincrad Nights spin-off manga?
mangadex.org/title/20106/

>that many people
... how many? it's in the triple digits isn't it?

>Oh, I see... In the end, Kirito really was the Sword Art Online Alicization
What the fuck

what

I find it funny that now that Quinella is in the gameverse with a bed scene, nobody really gives a shit about her.

Attached: 5QYy1gZ.png (1500x1500, 420K)

maybe more

Attached: 1541192789953.jpg (1920x1080, 144K)

>nobody really gives a shit about her.
The characters?

>fanfic-tier events for no reason except 'how much fun can we have with this setting'
this is why i play this garbage gachashit mobage, this is my sole reason crystallized and put on a throne. i live for OS philia, but i will happily die for events like these

Abec needs to improve on his legs. They're too lanky

A question for anime-onlies, how do you feel about Eugeo as a character?

Attached: Sword_Art_Online_Volume_09.png (1120x1600, 2.35M)

I really love the legs he draw tho...

Attached: 1519173265572.jpg (720x960, 258K)

The Bro Kirito needed disregarding the Homolust people are implying.

Attached: triple blades kirito popularity contest q&a.png (548x116, 22K)

I wanted to like him and there were several emotional beats that worked, but it felt like the show went out of its way to show that he was slightly worse than Kirito over and over. The most interesting thing they could have done would be if he actually had survived and went on to appear beyond this setting, but with his death here that ends that.

Quinella is still alive.

That last attack allowed her to transcend.

How badly do you think she'd get picked on by gamers?

Shove a sword up her ass and light the blade on fire so she burns all over again

I'm going to miss Quinella posting.

Attached: D26rTGaU0AEZ1I2.jpg:orig.jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

This is Asuna, say something nice about her!

Attached: 1553650738418.png (1920x1088, 1.08M)

not even a Quinellafag but me too

no

;_;

Attached: 1552164623853.webm (1920x1080, 857K)

I want to have RAW ANAL SEX with Quinella!

>that will never be you

Attached: 1545614184637.png (1920x800, 751K)

So if you were playing that game, would you help that noob out?

Attached: pkwamBQ.png (1500x1500, 270K)

>implying we're stopping

Attached: 73944829_p0.jpg (760x1420, 589K)

Superior MC to kirito
>better ships with asuna
>better chemistry with characters
>more fun than kirito
>not a gary stu like kirito
SAO would be better if it was about her instead.

Not a gary stu, but instead a mary sue.

Anime only here and I have a question concerning ONLY those who read the LN of Alicization:
Which parts are better? The first part whose adaptation ended now or the upcoming part, the ‘war of Underworld’ sub-arc??

Attached: 5788320E-9B77-462E-99A6-0F78B2622A0F.jpg (1440x1027, 1.41M)

it's obviously up to your opinion and for me I guess it was the second half, the War of the Underworld part. But honestly I feel it's better to just split it into quarters by the anime cour or even by volume since the mid half of Alicization is my favourite, although I also liked the epilogue a lot and the last quarter has a lot of great parts and also some far lesser moments
As an anime adaption, I will have to wait and see

His most interesting moment came when it looked like he gave into temptation but that winded up being nothing. Really his character is really paper thin and it winds up being even worse when you realize that he doesn't even accomplish his goal that defined his entire character since his introduction.

Attached: 1554072491231.png (436x895, 544K)