Fate

I want to watch Fate Zero first but redditors say that it would ruin the story or something.
What do you think user-kun?

Attached: 8de3512d5a095d06930e2eb7c1f41c28.jpg (1000x1414, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6wLHKS6EOko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read the fucking VN.

If you don't like VNs, watch Zero then get out of the franchise.

Zero is the best installation. People who watch in release order are stupid nasufags.

Watch zero then UBW

Watch 2006 first

Zero is literally made for edgy 12 year olds.

If you don't wanna read the VN like a normal person should, start with Zero.
Zero's Anime adaptation isn't really framed as a prequel, as it should. What's more, UBW was very clearly framed as the sequel to Zero, with callbacks to it and blatantly expecting you to know the story - as ass-backwards as it sounds.

Doesn't matter if you start with Zero or UBW, both are fine. Just avoid everything after that.

>broke
>start with zero/ubw
>woke
>start with f/go

>ascended
>start with carnival phantasm

Avoid the fate saga at all.

I watched Fate/Zero first so I could watch Fate in chronologicial order of what happens. It has spoilers for only the third route (Sakura’s) in Fate/Stay Night (not really the other two), of which the second movie only just came out, and the third movie isnt out yet at all
I watched it knowing that there would be spoilers, so that I actually know what is happening in the Fate/Stay Night Sakura route movies
To me it’s a good introduction to the fate series, as it gives a lot (almost too much) explanation, and introduces you to how weird the series can get

fpbp

Fucking casuals need to go back to FGO

Read the VN.

>cares about redditors at all
kys

i like VNs but after watching the 2006 anime years ago i have a grudge for Shirou, should i read the vn?

I watched Fate Zero first and then watched UBW and don't regret it. I watch all prequels first. My philosophy: "If it takes place first chronologically why wouldn't I watch it first? If I watch what comes after I can pretty much guess what happens in the prequel."

yes

After reading the VN Shirou instantly became my favorite character in fate.
It's a shame how much of his characterization is lost in the anime adaptations but I guess it's due to the medium.

it would ruin the story by setting your expectations for Fate too high

Yes, the adaptation makes shirou look retarded, but he is god tier in the VN

Fuck off retard

this

Fate UBW is god tier comfy

Watch UBW then watch zero
>Hurr durr but zero comes first and ubw spoils it!!
Zero also spoils some mysteries in UBW, and zero was made with the idea that the viewer had already seen stay night first. I actually tried watching zero first and ended up not liking it because it felt like it was trying too hard, then came back after watching UBW and loved it.

UBW also does a much better job of introducing shit to the viewer as it assumes you know nothing (as does the protangist).

Zero is 80s action movie flavor Fate
Read the VN, read Zero's LNs, then watch in whatever order you feel like

Shirou is mentally damaged, not just retarded, Fate makes far more sense from his PoV if you want anything out of it besides dragonball z but with weapons

The amount of people who don't seem to read the VN first is extremely disturbing.

I'm almost certain the quality of discussion would rise heavily if people actually bothered to approach the franchise correctly.

no no, i like vns i just don't stand moralfags

Wait, you think Shirou is a moralfag?

fate is fucking garbage just fap to the doujins

>I want to watch Fate Zero first but redditors say that it would ruin the story or something.
the plot sucks anyway, so who cares?

Fate Zero = peak Fate

Attached: 1505739656633.jpg (1280x720, 399K)

Heaven's feel alone is already one million times better than zero, dumb secondary.
youtu.be/6wLHKS6EOko

Zero>unlimited blade works>heavens feel presage flower>heavens feel lost butterfly.
That order
You are missing saber's route there but its a shit adaptation. If you don't want to miss anything tho, its zero then fate stay night (deen) then fate stay night unlimited blade works (ufotable) and finally the heavens feel movies

Just watch F/Z then UBW and HF movies
don't bother to read the VN that nostalgiafags want to put others through because they suffered and got PTSD from hours of food scenes
>inb4 seething oldfag

There's not a story to this fapbait trash.

Why you give an opinion about something you obviously have no idea about?

It's called trolling dumbass, quit feeding.

You have no idea of how retarded what you are saying is

Is pretending to be retarded trolling?

I've kind of lost the thread.

>I dont stand moralfags
Then you will like shirou development through the routes a lot. You will love heaven's feel shirou

he isn't? it gave me that impression in the anime with the 'ally of justice' and everything, but well i watched that years ago

Not wanting people to suffer after seeing so much suffering doesn't make someone a moralfag.

Attached: ff.png (675x451, 237K)

Let's just say that being a "hero of justice" is quite different in practice than it is on paper.

You can probably take it that way, but it's not really a good way of describing him for various reasons. For once he really doesn't try to make everyone follow his rules, while it might seem like it in Fate route eventually it gets revealed that it's a mere ad hoc due to his feelings for Saber, so to call him a moralfag in that case would seem rather misguided. Other than that one of the most important parts of his character is that his morals are merely borrowed from someone else and ultimately serve only as a path of trying to save/redeem himself, so his motivations on some level are very selfish and his moralism could be fake at best as he ultimately is pretty much a blank slate, so on some level he's not really a moral judge himself.

This but if you're going to watch DEEN, watch it first.

But he's absolutely and objectively right. The Fate franchise IS horribly written fapbait trash, all designed to milk money from "horny and ronery" Jap NEETs.

how many more buzzwords can you shove there

>gachashit
There, happy now?

F/GO wasn't made until 2015.

And now it's what Type-MOON is wasting all their time on, so it's even worse now.

Speaking of buzzwords, what are your guyses favorite nasuverse thread related inside jokes?

For me it'd be probably too difficult to choose, but it might be one of: Molluscs, this chair, high jump, mapo tofu, yorokobe shounen, tohno gland, luck:E.