To show how Yami Yugi has gone EVIL because of the Seal of Orichalcos...

>To show how Yami Yugi has gone EVIL because of the Seal of Orichalcos, he sacrifices monsters to activate Catapult Turtle's effect to damage his enemy, ignoring little Yugi's pleas to stop.
>The way Arkana sacrifices his monsters is treated as evil, and he receives karmic justice via the Dark Magician he sacrificed actually helping Yugi.
>The way Zane sacrifices his monsters is a sign of how he's gone to the dark side.

These scenes feel kind of hypocritical, since main characters sacrifice monsters ALL THE TIME. Yugi sacrifices weaker monsters to summon stronger monsters. He had even used Catapult Turtle in the past to win, everyone thought it was cool, yet now it's bad? How are these situations any different from the times the "bad guy" does it?

Attached: yami-yugi-orichalchos-shocked-1.jpg (1020x768, 141K)

Because you're watching garbage non-canon filler like a retard.

The scene with Arkana is canon though.

>garbage
yikes

That arc was fun as heck.

>caring about the fucking canon of Yugioh
Some of you are next level I swear

Attached: IMG_8277.gif (630x385, 3.37M)

It's not what he's doing, it's the way he's doing it. There's a difference between making necessary sacrifices and respecting your monsters for doing what needs to be done, and blithely sacrificing them to hurt your opponent as much as possible (not talking about LP here).

>things that were written by the original mangaka
good and canon, high quality writing by someone who understands the material
>things that were written by low-budget anime scriptwriters
bad and noncanon, low quality writing by someone who doesn't write for a living and only adapts material quickly and on a low budget who doesn't have the time nor the patience to understand the material because they need to rush it out

It's an amazing written series you dubfag.

It was probably the callous behavior.
I agree it made little sense though.
Best part of that arc was Joey beating the Aussie then almost beating Mai.
Joey was lowkey the mvp of most arcs.

GX is the superior series, kys canonfags.

Joey's story is much more interesting throughout. I rewatched Duel Kingdom recently and I was surprised at how much more of a clear protagonist Joey is over Yugi. You know Yugi will always win so there's no point getting behind him that much. With Joey there are stakes and you worry if he will pull through in the end, and are happy for him when he does. For Joey to have been a bum who didn't even win local tournaments to be in the DK finals against Yugi is a kino as fuck progression. Fuck your dark magician and fuck your Shitzodia. Time wizard forever

Isn't Joey dropped off the plot after battle city? Not including filler.

Yugi was dropped of the plot before that. It became all about Atem.

It's just shonenshit. There's nothing you can get from YGO you can't get better from something like Hunter x Hunter or Yu Yu Hakusho.

Yeah that's disappointing, fell into the typical shonen traps.

>There's nothing you can get from YGO you can't get better from something like Hunter x Hunter
Halfway decent art and explanations that aren't so long and detailed that I might as well read an actual book?

fuck off

He's right though. Yugioh isn't smartly written in the slightest. Duel Kingdom was asspull fucking central. You're talking out your ass you autist. We all like yugioh here but some of us aren't pretending it was more than it was

laughing at the back and forth in this thread

Battle City is really well written though. And even the previous arcs had alright chara dev.

Nothing wrong with that? The only arc after BC is about Atem. It's good.

Nothing wrong with enjoying YGO but quit acting like it's some smartly written amazing piece of literature because it's not. The only unique thing about it is cards instead of super powers but everything else is formulaic shonen stuff you see everywhere else.

Only in the anime though. Since they cucked him out of his solo dice game duel, and all the filler arcs had basically 0 normal Yugi in them.

A lot of character feel incomplete though. Almost everyone except Atem doesn't get any big moments.

>it's a chapter where Jonouchi buys a pair of sneakers, then the owner pays thugs to beat Jonouchi up and steal the sneakers back from him, then Yami Yugi goes back to the store and plays a retarded shadow game involving a scorpion inside the sneaker
Absolutely Shakespearean. When I was 9 reading this I just couldn't understand the sheer scope of the themes explored.

best yu gi oh series? VRAINS is deep

Truly a masterpiece.

Attached: 48_008.jpg (728x1187, 177K)

>>The way Zane sacrifices his monsters is a sign of how he's gone to the dark side.
Also, the fact that he literally throws his cards into the air like he just don't care. Not shown is him awkwardly pausing the duel to pick the cards up and actually put them in his graveyard.

Attached: Power Wall impractical.jpg (616x433, 109K)

>Asspull central
>high quality writing