strawpoll.me/17714774
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY
youtube.com/watch?v=ngR1SrSHZA8
twitter.com/amandawinnlee/status/1109279696347291648
twitter.com/amandawinnlee/status/1109295549809725448
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For what?

>Normalfags and plebs are going to watch Evangelion now

Attached: 1466855496515.png (160x160, 16K)

>now

That trailer had completely the wrong kind of music for Eva. Should have gone with something classical.

>now

I can't wait to watch the same show on a shitty new platform

yeah, yeah, yeah, 4.0 movie fucking when?

Attached: 1543598159622.jpg (599x780, 281K)

I've seen a lot of complaints but never really read them. Are they only offering a new english dub? Are they offering original jp and new english? New jp? What's the deal

and probably jazz

Why not use actual music from the show? Pretty outrageous idea right?

This info has been known for months. New English dub and original Japanese track.

What's all the fuss about?

Yea Forums is dead

>people in here are so closed off from the outside world they haven't realised Eva has been BPD teenage girl tumblr core for years now

Attached: IMG_3597.png (320x240, 93K)

should I watch eva if I've not ever seen any mecha beyond like 5 gundam eps

The show wasn't legally available at a decent price for over a decade. Considering its noteriety that's astonishing. I don't personally care, I have the Japanese videos, but the fact that there is a fuss is obvious.

No, watch gunbuster 1 & 2

I can't wait to watch the same show I have the BD rips of, but in worse quality, in a horrible player, and with terrible burger subs!

>now
EVA was already referenced in Hollywood movies more than once you fucking stupid nigger.

Attached: 1491538186758.jpg (636x651, 39K)

Why are they talking about it like it didn't come out 24 years ago?

Noooooo. That means that I, the ugly user one who posted , am dumb, stupid, behind the times and absolutely not worthy of participating in any kind of discussion.

>thinking the new dub won't be even worse
How about you take a gander at the modern dubbing industry, user
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9F_OI0jLBk
youtube.com/watch?v=FmE76l2bZtA

First 16 or so episodes are quite your usual "kids in giant robots kick alien ass". Most people won't see the small things until second watch.

Name 5 movies.

dubs

the dubs for Netshit shows are actually pretty good though. Gokudols and Devilman had really solid ones

Attached: 1328516332488.jpg (981x580, 140K)

Who _literally_ cares. You shouldn't even be caring about the dub if you have an iota of a clue. Let the normals watch their dub.

The only good dubs are these ones right here

Attached: 1554042353361.png (494x627, 340K)

Rush Hour
Armour of God
Police Story
Who am I?
Jackie Chan

yeah my guy I'm sure the worms won't go near your corpse when you die because you watch your cartoons in Japanese for sure my guy.
Dub Asuka is better btw

If dubs OP gets public execution

half of those are hong kong movies, ya goof.

You forgot Michael Cleyton and One Hour Photo

If digits your mom sucks my dick

The Japanese dub will be the same. The English dub will be new, and dubs in other languages are proably going to be new, as well.
Keep in mind, this is a simultaneous global release, so they probably don't want to waste time trying to get the rights to use the old dubs. Making a new dub costs more, but it also ensures that they won't have issues with other rightsholders.

*teleports behind you*
heh, nothing personnel kid

It's fine
Diebuster is crap

new cast

No they aren't. The only acceptable dub I've seen them shit out was the german dub for VEG and it was only acceptable because the japanese language is fucking retarded when it comes to western names.

>watch Evangelion now

Evangelion was always normalfag, and pleb dude.

a in six months.jpg

Attached: Dy1DVUGUwAAD44V[1].jpg (1200x761, 77K)

>Skip Intro

Attached: 1454436140393.png (1440x1080, 1.58M)

based
sakugabooru.com/data/0f92582e1777f99dede01bb56b7f73b8.mp4

Attached: 1516300556540.png (798x448, 291K)

>when evafags try to repurpose gundam memes
yikes!

Attached: 1536402654734.jpg (599x354, 26K)

>elevator scene
>what the fuck my netflix froze

Has been for years.

>countdown until next episode during Fly Me To The Moon
>episode previews cut

Attached: 1488486908612.jpg (640x480, 25K)

>no subtitles telling you to go get a sandwich

>Evangelion is going to get the 2011 Hunter x Hunter treatment
>Yea Forums is going to be filled with even more chadposting
I can't take this

Attached: 1551564480488.jpg (500x282, 23K)

what's wrong with Chad?

Attached: 20181208_145602-min.jpg (4032x2268, 936K)

If this was a better timeline Yea Forums would actually watch this together but all of you are too miserable and contrarian to have some fun

>normalfag
yes
>pleb
nuh-uh

that wouldn't be a bad idea, to have an Yea Forums rewatch

>having fun

Attached: Anger.png (571x179, 83K)

>Evangelion is the symbol of 90s
>Not Slayers or Nadia or Sailor Moon

Normalfags are disgusting

>m-muh sekrit anime
eva is entry-level dumbass

old Yea Forums would but this is nu-Yea Forums

>synth-led soundtrack
What the fuck? I don't remember Sagisu Shiro's soundtrack being synths.

Attached: 1454436140393.png (960x720, 2.88M)

A shared livestream because they're releasing on Netflix? It would be hard for Yea Forums to get behind that.

I just want to be friends with you faggots but you're all so bitter and keep pushing me away. I'll get through to you all one day with my friendship.

I had to check this out and it actually puts generic dubstep over a trailer with half the scenes taken from episode 9 which should be punishable by death
twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1109274124088545280

>synth-led soundtrack

Attached: 1551331617593.png (814x764, 886K)

CRYBABY'D

Yea Forums is tsundere

Yes, now I will watch Eva!

>now

Attached: 1546970034942.png (384x538, 125K)

Where does the image say that? I don't seem to be a reactionary retard so I must have missed it.

That's not dubstep, it's drum and bass, it was popular in the 90s. Ala pendulum and similar artists.

it has nothing to do with eva though

you're assuming the average person on Yea Forums was old enough at that time to actually know anything about the 90s

>Shinji killing kaowru scene

yep that shit is going to be hilarious

Who hasn't watched Evangelion at this point?
I did around 1998-99.

HAHAHAHAHA FUCK

Attached: IMG_3645.jpg (640x739, 97K)

I'm willing to be a lot of people hating on the fact that this is going to be "normie tier" like this faggot haven't even seen it and just wanna jump on the cool kids contrarian bandwagon

What the fuck does any genre of music have to do with eva? besides yaoi piano?

Yeah, really surprising when you realize you can be browsing here without breaking any rules and be born in the 2000s.

classical music is LITERALLY eva

>4.0 movie fucking when?

Holy fuck, it's been so long I forgot about it

>when you realize most of the people in the HxH threads watched the 2011 version before they had even hit puberty
explains a lot actually

Maybe you didn't notice, but actually there's music playing in the background of many eva scenes! Glad I could help.

Maybe that there were genres that totally defined its iconic soundtrack?

Kill yourself for posting Twitter caps on Yea Forums

>now

I'll never get over their Yea Forums sings just being whispering. Literally all whispering to not wake their parents.
>youtube.com/watch?v=pUDUK-yvwQs

Attached: 1542142285789.jpg (1024x576, 36K)

Let's say I set up a livestream for Eva on Netflix

>Sub, Old Dub or New Dub: strawpoll.me/17714745
>All at once or spread over weeks:
strawpoll.me/17714774

WE CAN WATCH IT ANYTIME SINCE IT HAS BEEN AVAILABLE ON TORRENTS AND STREAMSHIT FOR YEARS

>Still trying to push this forced meme
It was a confirmed falseflag by discordredditors to make us look bad.

Attached: images (2).jpg (480x368, 20K)

I voted once a week, that's how you retain information on a show and is the proper viewing standard

i'd say they might let twitch stream it but i should have cut myself off before finishing this sentence

for what?

no one gives enough of a shit to do that. Your mistake is assuming others are just as autistic as you are

It's really time for gookmoot to add new wordfilters

Makes sense, as long as Yea Forums doesn't care about missing the conversation in the normalsphere when all the normalfags binge it in two days.

OH NO! Tell me at least Dragon ball and Naruto are safe from dem normies!

Lmao

Wtf can't they just release it right now?

The animation is already done, the dubs are already done. The subs are already done.

Unless they want to re-do the dubs, and then add some SJW bullshit in the middle.

agreed

They are recording a new Netflix dub.

It's because they add some SJW bullshit in the middle, and at the end. Also complete SJW rebuild of EoE.

Attached: 1531432489887.jpg (661x577, 48K)

Please God yes

isn't shinji canonically bisexual?

Just imagine Misato attempts to resist Kaji and goes on a rant to Shinji about the patriarchy.
Kill me now.

Because a show which first aired over 20 years ago and which everyone here has watched already is launching on a platform no-one here uses and is going to initiate another outburst of NPC fad followings is something to be enthusiastic about?

nu-Yea Forums is cancer.

underrated post

hahaha, I didn't know I wanna see this

Attached: 1531432489885.jpg (661x577, 77K)

eva was always normalfag bait, retard

It's going to be glorious. The only thing the original dub was good for is laughing at how bad it is when you get drunk with friends. I hope Neflix is able to carry on that legacy with terrible unfitting voices, forced politics and shitty misinterpretations of moments and characters.

Why would I be hype for something that's been freely available online for a decade?

Attached: 1335844796150.jpg (201x174, 16K)

Because talking about Eva is fun and more people will be talking about Eva.

>people voting for subbed
Literally fucking why? We've all seen the sub and dub, there are no surprises there. It'll be great to all watch the Netshit dub together

>talking about Eva is fun
no it isn't

and yet here you are

Please kill yourself viral marketer.

make me

no

I genuinely think that anyone who isn't aged like 23-34 has either forgotten or never learnt how to pirate because of streaming

Obviously, it's so easy to stream why would they bother?

>tfw you literally don't even need to torrent anime to watch it online in this day and age, just watch it on any one of the hundreds of streaming sites
>people are still locked out from this information and wait until Netflix or Crunchyroll picks their show up to watch it

Did they get the same dub actress for Asuka for this new dub? Not that I really care for dubs, but her dub VA seemed to waifu Asuka a shit ton and it'd be pretty heartbreaking for her if she couldn't voice her waifu for the rerelease.

Evangelion is like Cowboy Bebop: an anime show "tainted" due to not anime fans latching to it for some reason and used by said anime haters to attack anime as a whole.

It says a lot when Yea Forums, an anti-japanese board that hates anime more than anything in this world, can easily have Evangelion threads surpassing 500+ posts.

Nope, they changed everyone

>tfw you couldn't save this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvIn0mdXtY

theres gonna be a warning for burgers like in the last jedi

>being a fan of anime as a hole instead of being a fan of quality shows which happen to be anime
You're a fucking loser my guy. Honestly.

You're exactly the kind of people I'm talking about.

Maybe they are still negotiating something about the OST. Jap music seems really weird and strict(even moreso than western) when it comes to licensing. Maybe that's why they have not been using OST music for these trailers yet

>the dub is going to make ep 24 a million times gayer
Based.

Attached: 12.jpg (500x426, 24K)

Man that's a real shame. Hopefully she'll still voice Asuka for the rebuilds. While I can sort of understand why Netflix wants to make a new dub from the ground up, I feel sort that Grant lost part of her waifu in the process.

BUTTER MY BISCUIT

No true Yea Forumsman cares about normalfags.

Yea Forums has been better than Yea Forums for a while now

Attached: 1542182996337.png (868x831, 212K)

Reminds me that Asuka's phonecall in the german dub is easily the most natural german I've ever heard in any dubbed media.
youtube.com/watch?v=ngR1SrSHZA8

The dubs are being made from scratch. Netflix also plans to release it at the same time in the whole world, so there's still a lot of work to do.

>Literally hates Japan
>Better than Yea Forums

April fool you morons.

>a natural German speaking voice actor speaks very good natural German
am I missing something?

>drum and bass
>pendulum
>90s

compare it to the regular script that you here directly beforehand from both Asuka and Shinji.

In what order do I watch evangelion Yea Forums
>newfag
Lurked since AoT and GuP

Attached: 1494151367684.png (500x500, 166K)

Newfag.

Episode 1 and then every consecutive episode until 26

>order
What is with this meme with people asking for watch order when it's obvious every time?
Watch the show and then the movie, Rebuilds are optional remakes if you want to keep watching

That means newfag.
>watch Eva TV
>watch EoE
>make What the fuck did I just watch thread
and you're done. Don't watch Rebuild for AT LEAST a month after finishing.

Jesus how is Eva allowed to be this good? Maybe it's because I got unlucky with the anime I picked lately so it's just looks good in comparison, but man this scene alone is better than everything I've watched in the last 6 months put together.

The same order you watch read anything: release order.
TV Show - > End of Evangelion
There are retards who say that you should watch until a certain point of the TV show, watch EOE and then watch the rest; don't listen to them.

>newfag
I have lurked 2/3 of this boards lifetime though

Prepare for an influx of Asukacucks. Normalfags don't have the mental capacity to appreciate Rei.

I can't tell if you're being ironic or genuinely retarded

Truth.

Fuck off, Reifag

Rei is shit

Spicy preemptive cope.

Based and Reipilled

Only manchildren choose muh mommy clone, true patricians choose Misato, a proper mommy.

>implying they won't latch on to Misato because they find both Rei and Asuka to be 'too young'

Seriously, I don't understand how people can love Eva and dislike 25/26.

Rei's fandom is already dead. She used to be Yea Forumss favorite a decade ago, but it's pretty clear this has become an asuka board.

>waah muh """""obscure""""" anime is being watched by normalfags

wow i love normalfags now.
In all seriousness though there will be many twitter posts about how ITS NOT OKAY TO SEXUALISE AND STAN MINORS despite the same people cumming over gay Shinji and Kaworu

Attached: IMG_3647.png (500x533, 486K)

What's next... NORMIES WATCHING JOJO?

Yeah, nobody has ever heard of fucking Evangelion prior to this announcement, wtf bros

Oh wow a new dub, real exciting that a dead franchise that's been milked for the last 20 years gets a new dub. Thank god for Netflix. It's not like I've been able to watch this whenever I wanted for the last 15 years.

Attached: 524abcf525142c3db3e844a0d2d4c22f1312809819_large.jpg (180x190, 11K)

The new dub will include "dialog consistent with modern day's sensibilities".
Take that as you will.

a quote or are you meming?

How the fuck do some of you still think Eva is obscure in the west

>Hopefully she'll still voice Asuka for the rebuilds.
Yep, Spencer, Grant, Keith-Shipp (and partially Swasey) all reprised their roles in Rebuilds.

Why would you think even for a second that it's true?

Because we live in clown world.

I'm gonna need a source for all these claims being made about this new dub.

This news is months old.

7 years passed that shithole is few times worse than Yea Forums and you are retarded if you think otherwise.

twitter.com/amandawinnlee/status/1109279696347291648
twitter.com/amandawinnlee/status/1109295549809725448
Rei's English VA talking about it after the release date reveal.

Attached: 1541850854672.jpg (1440x1080, 780K)

Eva is Radiohead of anime. Just below surface level so the the majority of the complete plebs aren't aware of it, yet it's a super popular franchise and anyone who is a "fan" of anime has seen it. I don't think anything will change by it going on Nextflix, the trubo plebs won't get it in any case

>Netflix

Attached: 1483766768258.png (419x398, 191K)

Yea Forums has rewatches for anniversaries, celebrations, or memorials. I remember someone streamed the Rebuilds on the day that Robin Williams died. Eva getting put up on netflix isn't something that anyone on Yea Forums would celebrate (or at least, anyone that BELONGS on Yea Forums)

Not since around 2015. You know why.

Fuck I didn’t even think about that

>They let us audition- AFTER we found out auditions were being held and raised a fuss.
That's pretty fuck up to be honest.

>probably threw out the files
Fucking based. That’s what you get for adding your own sound effects and changing the script. Get fucked.

>Normalfags and plebs are going to watch overrated garbage

well, they already watching Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.

Attached: 1544814940614.jpg (1834x833, 150K)

So is is true that they are replacing the english voice cast? Why would they do that, they are still booked for 4.0, right?

>Eva is Radiohead of anime
Excellent way to put it.

>my entry level "intellectual" show is getting noticed by normalfags
Boohoo, get some taste and fuck off.

I've been torn lately, I love seeing Funi squirm with all the shit they pull, especially with Dragon Ball pretending they own it, but on the other hand I hate Netflix.
I also like some of the English VAs for Eva just because a few of them just seem like nice people.

>Now

Attached: 1526558330564.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>netflix

Attached: 1530998375887.jpg (474x330, 52K)

why do you care?

>not watching the remakes first to get the ultimate shinji is a fucking faggot experience

Attached: 1522456768900.jpg (678x846, 95K)

That's cross breed bro.

Mr. Edgy, can you tell me how SJW's are the ones to be blamed for this Eva fiasco? The problem lies in retarded licenses and how it will be distributed throughout the world.
Go back to /pol/ and be redpilled there

Attached: 1515386983939.gif (209x172, 87K)

I don't remember this scene in Kengan Asura.

>The problem lies in retarded licenses and how it will be distributed throughout the world.
That's why the gotta redo the dub? Are you retarded?

I don't get all the hype. It's just gonna be Zoomers who watch this series and shit on it for being "boring."

What's the big deal again? It's just the original.

Rebuilds are literal trash you zoomer shit.

with same english actors ?

When Anno gets done with directing the new Ultraman movie.

At the end of the day, the issue is dubs should be banned no matter what.

>今

Wrong. The current core is Naruto, Voltron, and BNHA

>ahora

>it's been 6.5 years since 3.0

EVA IS ONE OF THE MOST WELL KNOWN ANIME IN EXISTENCE YOU MONG CLOWN FOOL.

Attached: kys.png (300x186, 35K)

Haven't watched this show, is it worth watching?

Maybe by name and memes. Of all people who currently actively watch or care about anime more have probably seen your average series that aired on crunchyroll in the past 3 or 4 years than Eva.

I'm so boarderline like shinji like yikes this show made me do the big oof *ear rapes sound* *high saturation* fuckin weebs be fappin to anime waifus donate to patreon for more pic of this skinny legend spilling the tea uwu.

>now

>now

Does the netflix watching crowd really post here? I can't imagine people who haven't even figured out crunchyroll posting here.

Why? "Now you can rewatch it with different voices!" just seems like a waste of time and money.

>that was my first time seeing them, so I didn't even realize what they were at first
How can someone be so pure?

Probably less of a hassle(and cheaper) than dealing with ADV's dub which is in some sort of legal limbo that has been causing the lack of a western release all these years. It's also kind of bad and they probably think they can do a better job with it.