Why are modern anime so unequivocally terrible...

Why are modern anime so unequivocally terrible? Is it the generally poor writing or the embarrassingly amateur directing? Why is anime so far behind legitimate cinema? Imagine being Miyazaki and knowing this is the state of anime after 50+ years of development.

Attached: modern anime sucks.png (630x891, 1.09M)

Miyazaki doesn't watch anime though. He has no idea what the state of anime is.
The only thing Miyazaki watches is video clips of Miyazaki being angry about things.

The guy who did In This Corner of the World was an assistant director for Miyazaki at one point.

This thread is b8 and anyone posting below me is a faggot.

Who is that sour boomer and why should we care about his taste?

>imagine being Miyazaki
But then I wouldn't know what a well written or directed piece actaully is since I've never managed to create anything more valuable than the most simplistic drivel available to man. At least half the entries on your chart are significantly more valuable to the art form than any of Miyazaki's schlock. IM@S does a better job at thouroughly exploring Japan culture and carries more subtext than all of Miyazakis flicks combined. I think the problem here isn't anime. It's your inability to look past names. Keiichi Hara and Katabuchi are bette directors than Miyazaki could ever dream of being. He's merely a glorified animator who happened to enter the industry at the right time.

>SSSS.Gridman
>Idolmaster

Attached: 1550859911361.jpg (1024x1024, 627K)

>Rakuzzz
>Yuasa

2/10

Nice bait thread faggot.

Attached: 15357277539.jpg (602x408, 29K)

>he thinks people will fall for this rec bait
>he thinks people won't notice how gridman and colorful were simply shoved in there with complete disregard to the overall quality of everything else
Fucking kek keep trying.

Fuck you Yamato was great

I don't understand the lack of frames everywhere.
It is not fucking hard AT ALL to add more frames to make shit smoother, holy FUCK.

>dude just add more frames like my gaymes
back to Yea Forums faggot

I've actually worked in animation before, faggot.
More frames, even via translation, is way too fucking easy to not excuse this bullshit.

>worked in cg
opinion discarded

Then don't watch anything post-2000, fag.

most of that shit is still hand-drawn and scanned in or drawn on tablet retard. stick to animating shitty calarts cg crap

It's called nostalgia now kill yourself Yea Forumsermin.

>no argument
Fuck off, kiddo.

>gets called out on being a cg """"animator""'"
>gets told to fuck off
lol ok

What's wrong with being an animator? I did the work to get closer to a medium I enjoy? That's somehow a bad thing?

>western
>animator

Attached: 1519490701803.png (1280x1080, 1.04M)

>still shitposting because someone actually did something with their life

>western
>animator

Attached: 1492241928956.png (430x500, 179K)

This post is pretty embarrassing, given how some of the most impressive short films of the past 10 years are European. And no, they aren't CG.

>usagi drop
>jinrui
>trash

Attached: 1549040775032.png (279x327, 153K)