Will Sarazanmai be good?

Will Sarazanmai be good?

Attached: 1425873405799.jpg (450x458, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/meteord-1/karei-sora-no-ana-bunshitsu
twitter.com/keeponly1luv
twitter.com/keeponly1luv/status/1112368723594301440
sarazanmai.com/april/
twitter.com/ikuni_noise/status/1112374943667240961
nishikata-eiga.com/p/noburo-ofuji-award-winners.html
twitter.com/sarazanmai?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe, but the threads will be shit.

>where's my lesbians!?
>wow pretentious much
>reused animation what a hack

When has Ikuhara ever let us down? Even Penguindrum was pretty solid up until that last quarter

penguindrum had a GREAT & memorable ending, what are you talking about

I don't like that it's only 11 eps.

no

this.
Ikuhara will never be able to surpass Utena unless he's give 40 episodes and an absolutely stacked staff.

penguindrum was shit the whole way through

nope.

utena was full of filler

Maybe I'm due a rewatch but watching it as it came out I can remember being both bewildered and upset by the ending, maybe I was just a brainlet sucked the bros had to erase themselves to save her

Utena 9/10
Penguindrum 10/10
Yuri Kuma 8/10
So yes, it will be good.

Attached: 1483555665038.jpg (720x480, 30K)

Utena: 10/10
Penguindrum: 8/10
Yuri Kuma Arashi: 4/10 OH GOD NO

But he already surpassed Utena.

Attached: 1532351961180.jpg (1920x1080, 148K)

full retard

I like the way you think

MPD is actually based on real facts that are really messed up. Utena is just abstract

there's no filler in Utena retard

>11 episodes
It keeps happening

so because he references the sarin gas attacks that makes penguindrum better than utena?
fucking dumbass, YKA also references real life events.

The whole Black Rose Saga is filler

dumbass brainlet.
the black rose arc is literally foreshadowing the ending of the series.

brainlet unable to appreciate AOTY 2011

brainlet unable to appreciate AOTY 2015

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Yuri Kuma Arashi - 09 [720p].mkv_snapshot_12.21_[2015.03.09_22.34.29].jpg (1280x720, 59K)

>YKA also references real life events.
Really? I should watch it then

>everything with lesbians is good
oh, I see. You are just a yurifag

Penguindrum is his best work.
Generally his works scale with how much awful gay shit he throws into them. This makes yuribears the worst.

Thanks god the new series will be yaoifag

>Penguindrum is his best work.
what the fuck? do people actually believe this? i can't imagine someone who's watched Utena unironically saying this

Attached: 123847129304.png (639x469, 348K)

some report with spoiler? The only thing I read is that South Park type humor.

Utena was good mostly thanks to Enokido working together with Ikuhara.

Only a raging femshitter will consider Utena to be better, user.

>a raging femshitter
literally what the fuck does that even mean? Utena is objectively his magnum opus, by a longshot too.

Coincidence, I swear.

Not that guy but google Sankebetsu Incident. See the framed picture in pic related.
Also, lots of visual references to Hitchcock's Psycho (Kureha's houser) and Argento's Suspiria (the school's interior).

Attached: 1423496770267.jpg (1440x810, 149K)

There's not going to be any spoilers out of respect. If you're really starved for more info, there's a summary available of the unreleased teaser CMs on you know who's twitter.

Pre screening of episodes 1 to 3 was today, it ended a hour ago. Post reports from nips if you find any, I don't trust western landwhales that get hyped for the most trivial shit, they aren't familiar with Ikuhara.

that's what I mean though, for Ikuhara to make something great, he needs a good writer, but also someone to keep him from going out of control.
it's easiest to see the difference between this just by comparing Utena TV to the film.

I just hope it's not the same themes as Yuri Kuma
The all male bishounen cast kinda makes me feel like it's tilting in that direction

>Pre screening of episodes 1 to 3 was today
Oh really? I am waiting for more details now.

The film is "out of control"?

yeah, it really is an absolute convoluted mess.

Attached: D2_HeI8VYAAfV1T.jpg (640x427, 69K)

Penguindrum and Yurikuma were both meh

Those anusballs are huge.

From the interviews with Ikuhara i've seen, he is a bizarro combination of the clinical yurifag and a hopeless pretentious hipster. He can create excellent visual imagery but virtually all his works are just piles of references and extremely banal thoughts and allusions he took out of Murakami, Miyazawa and whatever other hip authors he was reading at the moment.
There's a very palpable influence of Enokido in Utena, and that's the part of Utena i really liked despite the trademark Enokido repetition.

Yuri Kuma Arashi wasn't that good.

>all his works are just piles of references
Well, Ikuhara does seem to wish he was Terayama Shuji, both visually and narratively. But it makes sense since he's a huge theatrefag. Enokido is definitely important, but I think Chiho Saito was also important in keeping Utena under control. He just needs to be restrained sometimes, or like you said, it becomes incoherent.
But I really actually like the absurdism sometimes, I think it's quite fun and unique to his directorial style. Reminds me of Dadaism or something.

>Mamoru Miyano
Fucker he so handsome

It gave Utena a reputation for lesbians when the show only had one.

I didn't realise that Ikuhara looked like the Venture Bros guy

Attached: 220px-Doc_Hammer_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (220x273, 15K)

Hope so.
Penguindrum was consistently alright. Don't know about YuriKuma, since I haven't picked it.
>brainlet unable to appreciate AOTY 2015
If it's better than other shows of the year, it doesn't mean that it's good on its own.

They have a really strict spoiler rules so I can't find any.

Probably better this way.
A lots of "wtf did I just watch" and "it is really hard to talk about it without spoiling" "is it really okay to air this?"

Also seems to be pretty gay

>no girls
The threads are gonna freak.

Attached: rip.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>>no girls
good thing

>"is it really okay to air this?"
>Also seems to be pretty gay

AOTY incoming

Don't forget
>Fujoshit

There are girls in the supporting cast.

Attached: 1523582775121.png (640x386, 318K)

literally who???

2015 was such a shit year that being its aoty is like being a king of the garbage dump.

Non sequiter

>they aren't familiar with Ikuhara
What makes you think so? Anyone who into this already is most likely an Ikuhara fan already.

It isn't? It's a diluted, most straightforward version of the original.

Anthy and Utena always were meant to be romantic. Also Kozue is bi in the original. Most of the cast of Utena is.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p9u8miaPQE1svn4we_500.png (500x645, 327K)

this is a boy

Attached: IMG_20190331_102401.png (640x386, 349K)

>Anthy and Utena always were meant to be romantic. Also Kozue is bi in the original. Most of the cast of Utena is.
>tumblr filename
Dumb moviefag.
Juri is the only lesbian, sorry.

Not brown enough

I want to know more about Sara's character

>Penguindrum is his best work

Attached: 1550986779191.png (353x331, 239K)

What the fuck is a moviefag? Do you think there are people who watched the movie and didn't watch the original?

>Juri is the only lesbian, sorry.
Of course, the others are BI.

Attached: y.jpg (2988x5312, 3.73M)

She's tanned not brown.

Attached: 1534794589810.png (640x386, 213K)

Saito talks about Ikuhara spending a lot of time during a staff workshop sleeping or lazing about while she and the other staff members worked.

Ikuhara: That's because Ms. Saito veteod my idea from the get go about Anthy and Utena being lovey-dovey. I was too shocked to do work. [laughs] She said, "I quit if you're taking that route!"

Ikuhara: I figured I'd have to hide it from her because I was gonna do it anyway!

They both go on to say that they both struggled at the workshop (Saito with Ikuhara not working, Ikuhara with his internal struggle on how to handle Saito's objections) and then the commentator cuts them off because they've hit the ending song. ^^;;;;;

The leader guy for the commentary (can't remember his name, but he introduces himself and the others in English and prompts questions in Japanese) makes comments about what changed from the initial planning stages (because Saito makes a lot of comments about how Ikuhara would come up to her and go "Sorry, we've changed this and that and that!" and she'd go "Huh?") and Saito implies that she originally wanted to make something that would be enjoyable to girls, but it turned into something else as the show went on.

The commentator also remarks that a lot of gay people really like Utena, but when Ikuhara says that lots of gay people around the world like Utena, Saito chides him for his decisive statement and kinda' moves onto to something else, although Ikuhara later says that he thinks the appeal of Utena was its pure portrayal of two girls as opposed to the eroticism that was much easier to find in anime.

No, they weren't. Chiho Saito, if I'm not mistaken, was totally against sexualising Utena and Anthy's relations.

Get back to tumblr

>Of course, the others are BI.
Delusional moviefag rubbish.

>Do you think there are people who watched the movie and didn't watch the original?
I think there are people who can't control their silly impulses like Ikuhara who let the movie influence their view of the TV canon.

>No, they weren't. Chiho Saito, if I'm not mistaken, was totally against sexualising Utena and Anthy's relations.
Chiho Saito only wrote the manga and in the end she changed her mind and even said Anthy and Utena should be considered a lesbian couple.

>Tumblr filename
Not everyone knows about Empty Movement picture packs

This picture is a really good proof Ikuhara needs to be controlled to not make awful garbage. Especially when he is controlled by people easily as talented as he is, only without his shit fetishes.

>一稀くんの秘密はむらせさんになった理由の一つ 「だからこその村瀬歩」
Inb4 pink is actually a girl.

Attached: 203bb3491c.jpg (236x261, 12K)

>the "lesbians" both got dicked by chad and enjoyed it
Based.

it is true
best OST here
>soundcloud.com/meteord-1/karei-sora-no-ana-bunshitsu

She's not even tanned, she's just not pale.

>Delusional moviefag rubbish.
This is the series TV. Also Ikuhara confirmed Shiori also loves Juri back.

>I think there are people who can't control their silly impulses like Ikuhara who let the movie influence their view of the TV canon.
Kek, Ikuhara is the creator. He can do what he wants. Just because you don't like the idea of them being lesbians doesn't mean it's not true or bad.

Why the fuck are you even watching Ikuhara's work if you don't enjoy gay shit? He loves top put it in his works.

Attached: 8YigITy.png (720x542, 549K)

>Kazuki's VA: "He's a character who has a lot of mysteries, so even if you think you understand Kazuki in the first 3 eps, there'll be a sudden big twist."
>Toi's VA: "I've had a lot of characters burdened with heavy things, but, [not as] dirty[immoral] up to now
>Suwabe introduced Keppi as "as you can see, the ideal man [ie a eligible bachelor ]
>Ikuhara: "Before I wrote that "Keppi will forcibly remove the 3 boys' Shirikodama", but, I think it is now understood the reason why I emphasised that part. "Other anime have depicted Kappa stealing shirikodama, but not to the extent of this anime! Before was child's play!
>Reo's VA Miyano:"Compared to the buddy [characters] we (Miyano and Hosoya) have done so far, this is extremely sexy/sensual (艶っぽい )"
>Miyano: "Even more than any of you are imagining, our (Reo and Mabu's) relationship will reach an incredible place, I think its the first time I had this feeling"
>The VA for the zombies also turned up and explained that he had almost no script, he was allowed to come up with his takes on the spot

>Sarazanmai prescreening vague tweets are getting weird... "It felt something like honey from the anus"... "It was really like the honey in Yurikuma, arse... in and out... I see". Excuse me Ikuhara what the f**k
kek

This hack hasn't made anything good since Sailor Moon, and that was co-directed with the more sucessful Sato.

>tried to kill off Tuxedo Mask multiple times but failed

Attached: 1540731041666.png (467x530, 183K)

>Saito implies that she originally wanted to make something that would be enjoyable to girls, but it turned into something else as the show went on
But the biggest Utenafags are women.

I doubt that Anthy enjoyed it that much

Because she's a moron who doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about. Girls love Yuri.

hence her manga is basically forgotten and a generic shoujo when people still remember Utena Anime to this day.

>>Reo's VA Miyano:"Compared to the buddy [characters] we (Miyano and Hosoya) have done so far, this is extremely sexy/sensual (艶っぽい )"
>>Miyano: "Even more than any of you are imagining, our (Reo and Mabu's) relationship will reach an incredible place, I think its the first time I had this feeling"
Mamo pls

Attached: 1523930757755.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

This is the shit he gets off to. Fucking with the audience. He can go fuck himself with a píne. Which he probably does on the regular.

Will he troll everyone with Sarazanmai?

leaks when?

>He can go fuck himself with a píne.
Where you triggered by episode 33?

Yuri actually ensures that your shit will not sell.
Utena is remembered for anything but the author's awful fetishes.

ew fujoshit

Where is this from?

twitter.com/keeponly1luv
>You’ve been hiding something from me #Reo
>It’s been settled for ages. And it’s not nearly as dangerous a job as you think it is #Mabu
>That’s not up to you! #Reo
>I can’t believe he left without saying a word to me #Reo
>Shit, where the hell are you?! #Reo

Looks like Mabu might be dead. The account stops today.

Attached: DyoIWCqVsAAN5_P.jpg (500x830, 58K)

It already features two canon homo cops who raised a baby together, it's already bound to trigger some morons like

Die, NTRfag.

You sound pretty triggered to me, user.

We've reached an era of anime where Twitter shitposting is part of the narrative.

Well, looks like it worked. Ikuhara really knows how to triggers retarded otaku who should stick to their garbage LN.

Attached: 1476029388945.jpg (265x196, 46K)

source?

I love gay boyos

Attached: 7ec16e3d-9c72-4ca2-bb55-757412681c24.jpg (1024x854, 103K)

>Ikuhara had this concept about a buddy story before, 'I've been thinking about what I want them [ReoMabu] to do, and 'I want them to do this!' will come out after a number of episodes."

>all male bishounen cast
Do you genuinely believe the main three boys are bishounen or are you just pretending?

Pointing out facts is not being triggered. Don't project. We got people in this thread who don't like Utena movie because it's more explicit.

Attached: 1521531712689.png (834x818, 226K)

From Mamo's blog

Attached: 0h_0X1oKs0AB9lSCrYqUl_SC4VBnAcKxoXDzAXJRAeCjEQJBcfDTITKRwWHWsmJB8BCXERZR4aF2wNHkYoEikGMDsuK1EsBUYWL0 (1536x2048, 1.94M)

This what the fuck, they look like children.

first 3 episodes thread be a shitshow of newfags and retarded anons who still don't understand target audience complain about fujoshit.

After that the thread will be chill, except the occasional dude complaining about the gays.

Source: It happens every season for every show aimed at girls.

>But I feel irritated to see my girl getting together with some other guy. I've tried to kill off Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon many times. But no matter how many times I tried to kill him, he gets resurrected so I only get angrier. So I decided it would be way better if the girl just didn't have a boyfriend to begin with.
He tries to make those words sound like a joke but this is really a mindset shared by most male yurifags so i doubt he was trying to do it just to fuck with auditory.

And you should stick to the homo thread.

Yea Forums is so predictably fucking dumb. They call reverse harems fujo and any male character thats not a Kirito clone bishounen. Absolutely embarrassing.

At least threads won't be that shitty like tsurune

you guys really take ikuhara too seriously.

Attached: utenar0.jpg (1000x1333, 195K)

Twitter. It's apparantly from the talk session they had.

>So I decided it would be way better if the girl just didn't have a boyfriend to begin with.
>So I decided it would be way better if the girl just didn't have a boyfriend to begin with.

This isn't only Yurifags though. Also reading his about Rei in Eva and Ep. 33 I doubt he's really a purity fag.

>implying fujos aren't retarded otaku with a vagina

Ikuhara and his gay cabaret

>faggot cop died from AIDS
RIP in piece

This doesn't make any sense. Utena wasn't made for people like you. The whole anime is characters having sex and sleeping around, why would anyone use use "NTR" unironically even watch it?

but ikuni's shows are not aimed at queers though, they use queers as a way to examine the subject matter of being young and stupid

It's like that alien story

It's not about him being a yurifag or a yaoifag. He's an anti-purity fag. And he just enjoys taking a fat dump on the anime audience.

What the fuck does it even mean and how it's related to my post?

Well, they are more aimed at them than some people in this thread for sure.

>Anti-purity
For some reason I think now that Ikuhara should make an adaptation of "And quiet flows the Don"

that the target audience of his show are deepfags, not faggots

faggots miss like 90% of it, really

I mean yurikuma was probably for faggots but it was also really bad so serves you right

not even that user, but you're literally talking about something completely irrelevant

Attached: 1480474555233.jpg (235x199, 11K)

You seem to have issues.

Truth is... the game was rigged from the start

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (908x908, 1.26M)

does anyone have that pic of ikuhara with anno's face edited in the background

>Yuri actually ensures that your shit will not sell.

Aren't you a high and mighty fujo

Shuji Terayama had issues.

Attached: 1528627929128.webm (950x534, 2.55M)

not canon.

I don't think that's a fujo. A lot of fujos are Utena fans and enjoy Yuri anyway, there is very hostility from fujo toward yuri (unlike the other way around).

This thread is obviously retarded /pol/tards who want to enjoy Ikuhara stuff but can't enjoy the gay stuff he puts in them. Reminds me of that moron who shitpostes Utena threads and argued Anthy was the true villain.

Attached: 1418225109236.jpg (1024x768, 208K)

It's gay.

CAN'T
FUCKING
WAIT

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Bananya - 04 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_01.58_[2019.02.16_00.33.48].jpg (1920x1080, 327K)

Man look at those two friends

what a nice friendship

Attached: slutty friends.jpg (500x375, 73K)

It's an objective fact that actual yuri doesn't sell, user.
Even yagateshit that is hailed as one of the best selling yuri titles only translated into painfully mediocre anime sales.

me too
i'm just excited for another Ikuhara wild ride

Attached: 1515623706918.jpg (540x543, 85K)

And the japs are supposed to be "fabulous"? They look embarrassing.

Anthy was 100% the true villain. I don't see how this is up for discussion.

That does not seem she is not meant to be understood and empathised with and does not deserve a good ending after the horse has been beaten to death.

They're pretty obviously both dead. Their skin has a grey cast when the other characters are warm and colorful. Their colors are livelier in the manga but that takes place before the anime.

No, irl nips are cringe. They look cool only in anime.

Wish I had a gf that would look like Anthy

fucking spoilers already! fuck you guys!

YAOI CANCER EWW

fashion trends are retarded everywhere in the world

*mean

But yeah, Anthy is horrible, and your yuri goggles have to be at max zoom to not see about how it's all about salavaging her from her mistakes, which are certainly that, mistakes she did of her own entirely free will.

When the FUCK are we gonna get an Ikuhara/Anno project?

Attached: 1243489898282.jpg (400x288, 61K)

Based off visual observations of existing material?

It's speculation not spoilers.

It's gay

Talk about the cops being dead has been going on since the early PVs and image releases.

what was the meaning of Akio's car?

I still dont get why people compare this series to EVA

I assumed that the three younger boys were Sara wota who wanted to connect with her based off the trailers, but I was pretty fucking wrong about that.

A friend of mine went to the screening so here's an actual spoiler: there is unambiguous gay.

>Anthy was 100% the true villain.
Literally one of the messages of Utena is that you can't put people in boxes. Anthy isn't a "witch" but she's also isn't a damsels in distress.

She's someone who was deeply hurt by and ended up making a lot of mistakes and horrible things.

Even Akio - who is cancer - is a way a victim of a system that forced men to become princes because of expectations. The difference between him and Anthy is that Akio enjoys his game and poer while Anthy is just miserable.

>and your yuri goggles
What do Yuri googles have to do with anything?

post proofs

Please tell us more if you can.

It's his >drive< for excellence, stunted because he can't leave and do something that matters, and so he's forced to drive circles around the academy town and seek the excellence in himself, which is pretty much akin to masturbation.

Cars in Utena are 'ambitions', mainly toward adulthood, but Touga throwing the cars toward her for example was a visual metaphor for her dodging, and eventually outright cutting down his ambitions towards her.

Because, you know, a kid feels like an adult when they drive a car, even though they're not. Then the car crashes and they're reminded of their lowliness.

Peak masculinity. Touga and Saionji are lamer so they get a dinky motorcycle with a sidecar.

The way that Anthy manipulates her social surroundings might seem natural to you, being a fujo, but to a normal person it's exactly as despicable as Akio breaking others for his own sake. They are both playing the game, they're just playing it in different ways. They also both utterly hate the game.

The only real difference between them in this sense is that one can be saved and the other can't.

These were sent to me in private, but she was there. At least one of these anons saw one of her tweets.

She just spoiled randomass bits and pieces of the narrative and not much to do with the general theme so it's not really something that can be summarized because it's fucking Ikuhara. There is unambiguous gay AND unambiguous weed.

Don't spoil more than that please

>inb4 duurr just stop looking at spoilers

Once it get leaked unmarked spoilers is going to spread like wild fire whether I like it or not
I don't want my and user's first 3 episode wild ride experience spoiled

>unambiguous weed
Sasuga Ikuni

Attached: 1540941116998.jpg (1280x1882, 567K)

Then stop lurking Yea Forums, faggot

So a gay sex scene? The only thing I can think of unambiguously

>unambiguous weed.
Now I think that shocked comments such as "is this seriously airing on TV?" from cast and staff might be more related to this, knowing how Japan sees this and how laws work there.

>The way that Anthy manipulates her social surroundings might seem natural to you, being a fujo,
What the fuck does it even mean? I'm not even a girl. You seem to have issues so no wonder you fail to understand basic stuff in Utena.

Of course Anthy's actions are terrible. The difference is that she hates herself, hates what she becomes, and wished to break free but it's too afraid after the experience of being hated by the whole world for the only crime of wanting to save her brother.

Akio is a manchild who enjoys fucking underage girls and boys as he plays prince and whores his sister off, he's so deep into his coffin that even if someone where to show him the way like Utena did with Anthy, he wouldn't care. At the end when Utena's sword breaks off, he just shrugs and he's ready to start the fucking games again. He has all the chances to leave but he will never do that, because his little world has everything he wants. Power, women, status symbol.

Probably not, but a guy can hope. I'm very disappointed to see that the live action backgrounds of the previews aren't the "real thing" we'll get in the show.

He already did with Penguindrum

>unambiguous gay
Is this really a spoiler though? We already know the cops are gay, and all the other released materials are pretty heavy on implying that glasses is too.

>e pretty heavy on implying that glasses is too.
What

A CM on Nico aired where they overlapped Enta talking about Kazuki with an image of him blushing at someone.

Do you have it?

I'm sorry. I'm technology illiterate so I don't know how to record shit. You can find screenshots floating around though.

Attached: 1548310200140.png (640x386, 172K)

So Mabu's side-job was a weed dealer?

Are Yuasa and Ikuhara the only godlike directors left in the game?
I really struggle to care about contemporary anime at this point but I'll watch whatever they do.

Attached: 1458011377864.jpg (640x480, 110K)

I feel both of them are well past "godlike" status. My favourite current director is Naoko Yamada. Mitsuo Iso has a new TV show coming out. Sunao Katabuchi's talented, as is Keiichi Hara. Though, for the latter, his new movie isn't looking too hot.

Attached: D2_t6vxUgAIE861.jpg (640x335, 60K)

I sure hope so.

twitter.com/keeponly1luv/status/1112368723594301440
>こんな腐った世界でも俺は欲望を手放さない
#玲央

Last tweet from Reo. Looks like a personality changed.

>I'd confessed to the girl
Fake and gay

>Naoko Yamada
The subject matter she works with severely limits her ability to create truly memorable and groundbreaking work.

Are they selling sushi too?

The fact that shes can't do originals does really limit her work and its themes.

It's an April fool I think

Oh right it's 12am in moonland so all the fake anime announcements are out in full force.

Satoshi Kon was the only good director.

What is she up to?

Attached: D2R5yTUX0AABdjI.jpg (647x915, 79K)

This is true. Penguindrum's episode count is in the Goldilocks zone for Ikuhara's pacing. Utena and Yurikuma weren't hurt too bad by it but they definitely didn't have as good of pacing as Penguindrum.

sarazanmai.com/april/

she is cute as fuck and K-On was a seminal piece of work
definitely not Ikuhara-tier though

She's looking for a prince.

Attached: 1530976378863.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

Yeah she can do cute. Shes got incredible technical skills and taste. Ultimately though, none of her works are bold or particular meaningful which prevents her from being on the same tier as Ikuhara or others. A director who can only make shows about teenage girls in the same settings doing similar things that hundreds of other shows do can never really be groundbreaking, even with flawless execution.

Why romanji Japanese?!

Crashing this fujobait

That's a pretty unreasonable argument, obviously I wouldn't agree

Rakugo's director is pretty solid.

Shes hasnt worked on anything meaningful or revolutionary. Everything shes ever done has been done before with more risk. She doesnt deserve to be compared to directors who have.

>suwabe: is noitamina really okay airing this? several countries will surely ban it, don't you think?
That must be about the unambiguous weed an user up here mentioned

twitter.com/ikuni_noise/status/1112374943667240961

Even if I were to agree with that, to say it's because of some inherent limitation in subject matter is just silly.

>for those who do not know, japanese middle school boys especially have an obsession with butthole poking. they have a game where they put their fingers together and jam them into eachothers butts. adults have to be careful of this too. this anime is that ...as an anime?

Kancho is rape.

Collaboration with popular sushi restaurant chain Sushizanmai?

>Penguindrum is 2011
>Yuri Kuma is 2015
You know this will be first Ikuhara anime with new gen Yea Forums. Threads gonna be disaster

Attached: DV9rh2jV4AADC8p.jpg (720x816, 74K)

>Will Sarazanmai be gay?
FTFY

I mean, look at this thread. /pol/ influence grows bigger and bigger. Way too many underage too.

Even in such a rotten world I won’t let go of desire -Reo

>Utena
Great
>Penguindrum
Good
>Yuri Kuma
Just okay
Gee, I don't know, you tell me

It is inherent limit in subject matter- specifically the fact that she only does adaptations and only adaptations of things that aren't unique or special on their own.

I don't think many will watch it. New Yea Forums doesn't even know who ikuhara is.

I'm confident /pol/ will be too busy shitting up Carole & Tuesday threads to pay attention to this.

>he believes in spoilers
if it's shit, being spoilered won't really matter, will it? and if it's not shit, then it should be equally good with or without spoilers

No. Utena was his masterpiece, and Penguindrum was great. Meanwhile YKA was hot garbage, and this will definitely follow suit. What do YKA and Sarazanmai have in common? Majority of the cast being the same sex. Ikuhara works best when doing everything, not focusing on going more yuri/yaoi.

Sorry, I'm having a hard time being convinced by this argument

I was about to say this. I'm excited for C&T but I've given up on the threads long ago and it hasn't even aired yet.

Sarazanmai episode directors revealed:
>Episode 1 - Kunihiko Ikuhara
>Episode 2 - Rie Matsumoto
>Episode 3 - Sayo Yamamoto
>Episode 4 - Takuya Igarashi
>Episode 5 - Shouko Nakamura
>Episode 6 - Nobuyuki Takeuchi
>Episode 7 - Noriko Takao
>Episode 8 - Hiroko Utsumi
>Episode 9 - Tatsuya Oishi
>Episode 10 - Hayao Miyazaki
>Episode 11 - Satoshi Kon

She can't do anything unique basically because of the material she chooses to adapt.

>>Episode 11 - Satoshi Kon
Haha

F

Holy fucking shit. This is going to be a masterpiece isnt it?

Attached: 1547261308977.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

>Sayo
What???

This is what shes been doing instead of the YoI movie

Attached: 1543487001301.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

True. It will definitely be shiposted to death for the first 3 episodes, even more if it's a hit. I don't understand why these people even pick up shows clearly not aimed at them.

source please?

>Kon episode
>No Osamu Dezaki episode

seasonalfag autists on Yea Forums have always existed.

I don't think the link between source and adaptation is as important as you make it.

Yep plus it's Ikuhara so I don't know how anyone would pick up his show without knowing.

Just posted on the official twitter.

Attached: 1526283347561.png (640x386, 283K)

I do. She has never made anything unique
or brave or bold in her fucking life. Theres a reason her shit doesn't win awards. Look at Liz- it could have been so much more if it wasn't attached to a franchise that put such strict limits on what characters can and cant do.

Imagine Miyano pulling that out of your ass as a joke haha

What limits, specifically?

She can make girls look at each other all day but she can never make them gay user.

Shit kek

>Theres a reason her shit doesn't win awards.
Ahem.
nishikata-eiga.com/p/noburo-ofuji-award-winners.html

Weak year.

Mizore seemed pretty gay to me.

let me know when she wins something at an international film festival, user.

She can never, for instance, have her character ever have sex. Just in general, she can't represent the majority of every human experience because she can never really move above the "pure moe high school girls waifus" genre into something greater. (Not saying that "greater" can't be high school girls. Look at Utena. Just that it can't be something thats been done dozens of times before. I just think that to be a truly god tier director, you need to be able to push boundries and challenge yourself and the medium. She could never in her wildest dreams push any boundries, so she can never hang with those who can)

She did. She'd never be able to kiss a girl or say she was gay or had romantic feelings or anything though.

You get proven wrong and then decide to move the goalpost?
Stay classy.

it's April Fools' Day in Japan...don't trust anyone

I don't watch anything from Ikuhara because he's a SJW

if you weren't a /pol/ sperg you'd knew he's as far from it as possible

>he's a SJW
huh???

Attached: 1515623706917.png (639x462, 432K)

Not him, but I can't find it. Official twitter as in this one twitter.com/sarazanmai?

He's the opposite of a SJW

Let's keep working with Liz as the example. I assume you don't actually believe that she wanted to make the characters have sex, or that it would've made sense for the film anyways, so what other parts of "the majority of human experience" did you feel were missing?

Holy shit

Attached: 1530084135670.jpg (738x720, 185K)

Thanks for the (you)s

Attached: 1519018216080.jpg (424x584, 108K)

Well, he's indeed a left-leaning author, just read his biography, try his works and see his tastes in art. One of his favourite directors is situationist Terayama

Ikuhara must have enjoyed that casting couch.

Honestly all the people who went at the event overhyping the first three episodes, there's 8 more to come and I don't have high expectations

The nips just say they don't know how to explain it without spoiling.

being politically to the left has nothing to do with being a SJW, fucking retard.

Ikuhara is asexual.

On Yea Forums rightist fags make no difference between being sensibly left and being into subculture politics

Sex was just an example. It could be anything that doesn't fit into the prototypical SOL moe mold. The issue is exactly that she doesn't want to. She doesn't want to be bold or different or special or create risks, so she can't create anything special.

Adulthood.

100/10.

>being politically to the left has nothing to do with being a SJW, fucking retard.
You should not take anyone who uses SJW seriously, especially on Yea Forums.

Utena’s side characters weren’t treated like shit, meanwhile look how shittily Natsume, Tabuki and Yuri were handled in Penguindrum (or really anyone outside the main 4)

>Episode 3 - Sayo Yamamoto
Fujos on twitter are saying that episode 3 is a game changer and hinting that it's very gay. Sasuga Sayokan

Attached: 1551618963766.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Happy April fools day

That's the only director current fujos know that's why they can't "get it".

I deserve this.

Fine if they don't know the rest and Satoshi Kon along what happened to him but even someone as entry level as Miyazaki?

Miyazaki is too far down the list.

In my defence, I stopped reading at 3 to type my reply. Do give me your you's

I will never understand people who think that Penguindrum is better than Utena. Like holy shit this is so obviosly wrong. Penguindrum has a lot of brilliance in its individual parts but it failed to bring it all into a coherent holistic whole. Also Utena is so much more broad in its themes and messages while 90% of Penguindrum is described
>muh family issues, muh shitty childhood.
I also unironically enjoy YuriKuma much more than Penguindrum while admitting that bears is a flawed show as well.

Satoshi Kon's twitter

>Sarazanmai
what's tha?

I don't think Terayama was very fond of fags, he saw them as a symptom of a disease

Ikuhara's new anime

Attached: 1541649792052.jpg (640x881, 212K)

wtf where is Hideaki Anno!?

also
>11 episodes
Ikunibros...

>wtf where is Hideaki Anno!?

He wasn't invited

/pol/eddit children are too retarded to understand politics
which means they are also too retarded to understand Ikuhara, they'll out themselves easy enough and we can ignore them

He's been bitter even since Ikuni rejected him.

The movie is literally more canon to Ikuhara's original intentions than the series. There's a lot of misinformation and bullshit assertions in this thread as usual, but it can easily be cleared up because Utena's production background is one of the most well-documented of any anime.

For the original Central Park Media release, Ikuhara and Saito Chiho recorded voiceover commentary tracks for the last three episodes. These commentaries were also rereleased on the Nozomi discs, and transcripts of them have always been available at the Empty Movement fansite. In them, Ikuhara reveals that having Utena and Anthy be a romantic relationship was his intention from the very beginning of the project. However, Saito Chiho was opposed to this (seemingly mostly due to worries about commercial success), and so Ikuhara was forced to be subtle with it in the television series - though he maintains that he "did it anyway" to the extent that he was able.

With the great success of the Utena TV series and the popularity of Utena/Anthy as a couple, Saito's objections were silenced, and Ikuhara then made the movie, which as he has clearly stated in subsequent interviews is more true to his original vision of their relationship. Thus, the movie is in fact closer to what he originally planned than the series, which suffered from Saito's creative interference. She acknowledges and confirms this in the commentaries as well. This is not guesswork or interpretation, but what the creators of the work themselves have consistently stated.

Attached: YouOnTheRight.jpg (640x480, 47K)

He must be so sad, now Rebuild 3+1 will be a masterpiece.

Attached: 1523252812703.jpg (640x480, 21K)

All I know is that Anthy is still one the best-written female characters in the entire medium.

Attached: 1551812554620.jpg (514x668, 38K)

If anything, this thread shows the discussion will be a shitshow at least for the first few episodes. If you have /pol/ opinions about sexuality and gender why are you even watching Ikuhara?

I think Ikuni should shut the fuck up and go fuck himself with 'his intentions'.

Utena would have not been 1/3 of what it is if not for everybody else in on the project, they'd have ended with a jumbled mess like his other shows.

It does not change how the show reads and the fact that people care for it more than for the movie.

And one of the sexiest

Attached: 1546521847066.jpg (1440x1080, 136K)

I don't know user, why don't you go watch Rose of Versailles? All the way to the end.

Self-hating retards probably
How homo will the show be and who'll end up with Sara

Sara is looking for a prince so it should be Keppi or his bother or something.

Attached: 1527695629896.jpg (640x590, 128K)

>*plugs ears* LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU
This is the intellectual caliber of antimoviefags.

Goddamn, Chiho Saito sucks

Just when you think a woman couldn't get even more based.

Attached: b8d.jpg (200x183, 14K)

>which means they are also too retarded to understand Ikuhara, they'll out themselves easy enough and we can ignore them
They already did in this thread.

Attached: 1537764865084.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>It does not change how the show reads
But Anthy and Utena is a very popular couple that gets mentioned to this day?

Literally, people love the evolution of their relationship and the many nuances and complexities.

Attached: DpdddavVAAArcWj.jpg (1200x876, 102K)

It's always fans of a certain director that never "gets it".

>LALALA

Attached: 5rslQkBCq8o.jpg (844x1200, 141K)

Based mamo

You're a fucking idiot

Thanks for all the (you)'s. Fucking idiots.

Attached: wwwww.png (540x720, 366K)

I did and loved it. Different stories can have different ideas. Ikuhara bases a lot of his work on gender roles and it's easy to see he mostly doesn't agree with them.

If the people who used /pol/ were smart, they wouldn't use /pol/.

Doesn't matter, the TV series is objectively better than the shitty film, BECAUSE Chiho Saito was involved in restraining Ikuhara.

Anthy and Utena's relationship should be nuanced.

Attached: [JR&st-LAW]Nekojiru_Gekijou_04-06[XviD_AC3][0DB35714][00:02:45]001.png (640x480, 399K)

The TV series is better, but the film is nowhere near bad. You are not getting the same experience from a 2 hours movie compared to a 39 episodes series.

It's a condensed, more approachable version of Utena that takes some elements to max and provide good fun for the fans.

It looks like just have issue with them being explicit lesbians and sexually active rather than the half-censored stuff from the TV series that you can no homo.

Attached: 1515016055379.jpg (900x1200, 493K)

I have an issue with removing the subtly and nuance of the TV series, yes. I prefer romance and relationships to not be so blunt. The Cantarella scene is a good example of this.
Sorry I prefer tasteful art over pornography!

Attached: 104-105.png (574x321, 88K)

The whole movie is blunt. Utena fucking turns into a car and Anthy drives them, smashing Akio to piece.

That's what I'm literally talking about?? That's why I don't like the movie.

>Sorry I prefer tasteful art over pornography!
Movie is not pornography. It's not as wonderful as TV, but it's not porn.
Actually, if we could get porn being as well-made, as artsy and with the same amount of brown qts, I would probably even buy it.

Yeah of course you would, because clearly all you seem to care about is how explicit something is.

april fuuru

Attached: kv_pc.png (1920x1181, 1.66M)

>because clearly all you seem to care about is how explicit something is.
How so?

Jesus christ the art is high-res.

Attached: img_reo.png (1991x3697, 1.94M)

I wonder if the first 3 episodes already revealed that the cops are dead

Reo and Mabu or more of Mabu rather is really looking like a corpse.

Or maybe we just like fun. The movie didn't erase the original series, you know.

Attached: 1463538089360.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

There's going to be gay ghosts?

>How so?
The fact that you've yet to acknowledge how badly the film destroys Utena/Anthy's subtle relationship, instead you fervently desire to justify the explicit nature of Adolescence with something more "canon." Ikuhara isn't always right, he's not the arbiter of truth. Utena TV series was a collective project that is inherently better than the film because of this restraint put on your so called "canon" explicit relationship.

I find that romance and sexual relationships in fiction are always much more riveting if they're masked under nuance.

Attached: 21364597816234.png (960x720, 1.09M)

Leo's tanned skin looks washed out too

Reo killed Mabu.

Attached: tiny.jpg (330x115, 50K)

>instead you fervently desire to justify the explicit nature of Adolescence with something more "canon.
wtf
Where

He looks good.

>The movie is literally more canon to Ikuhara's original intentions than the series

the cops are the hottest characters

Yeah it's the ponytail.

One of them died from a head wound and the other is keeping his connection to the other. Based purely on the synopsis and available visuals.

Attached: 1553100014936.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

Attached: img_mabu.png (1961x3622, 2M)

This is not my post

Then why were you replying to me in this chain of discussion?

>I find that romance and sexual relationships in fiction are always much more riveting if they're masked under nuance.
You are literally this piece of shit.

Attached: 1342632688576.png (498x492, 42K)

>delete this

Because I can

>said Shiori's biggest fan

Attached: I relate with Shiori.jpg (500x305, 138K)

I'm not a purityfag though. I just think good romance require subtly.

Will noitamina cafe have advanced screenings of every new episode when Sarazammai starts airing?

>I relate with Shiori.jpg
Who the hell would relate with a bitch like her?

For some reason the 4 years between Penguindrum and Yuri Kuma felt much longer than the 4 years from Yuri Kuma to now

The character bios and premise on the website are all sushi themed as part of the joke. “Don’t let go, tuna is your life” is the catchphrase. Keppi is The Manager. Getting your shirikodama stolen turns you into a sushi chef and the boys have to retrieve their balls from back from tuna.
Reo and Mabu work at the restaurant Kaminarimon in Asakusa.

>boys have to retrieve their balls from back from tuna

Attached: 1541579664582.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

Tumblrina says that she is actually a misunderstood character that reveals deep truth about the callous nature of lesbian relationships and that Jury is the one that did everything wrong in the relationship by not being in it in the first place.

idk, you'd have to ask them, but the Utena internet communities say that Shiori is like an onion and super deep and not lesbian hitler or a bitch

>Shiori is like an onion
Exactly, she's an ogre.

Holy fuck, no one should be defending the god-awful dreck that is Adolescence of Utena. Words cannot describe how much I hate this film. It takes the side characters and turns them into gutted shades of themselves, makes Akio a retarded goofball, ruins the image of the shadow girls by having them commentate on the incredibly bloated car scene that Ikuhara just HAD to animate, includes a entirely superfluous scene with Nanami and Chu Chu that is embarrassingly unfunny and, as people have already pointed out above, completely strips away all subtlety and appeal from Utena and Anthy's relationship. This film is a horrible abomination and I wish that I had never seen it because I absolutely love the TV series and think it's the best anime ever made.

Utenafags are pathetic.

Yeah it really is garbage. I was also surprised to see people defending it.

onion prince?

Attached: 65.png (500x362, 281K)

did any character get NTR'd harder than him?

Everyone was getting NTR'd in equal amounts, usually by Akio. Nobody had it that much worse than anyone else.

yeah but the onion prince really subverted my expectations, in the end I was the one who was NTR'd

Imagine being this mad. Your buttfury only gives him joy and strength.

Attached: 1420665893157.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

It's not a good movie.

>How dare anyone like something that I don't like!

not even that user, but he gave legitimate reasons to not like the film versus the tv series.

It's a very good movie that is an interesting alternate take on Utena. The key is "alternate". People need to stop overlaying the series onto the movie. If you go into the moving wanting to find the same shit that's in the series, of course you're going to be disappointed. That isn't its purpose. It's to present the characters in a different situation with different rules, such as the fact that, in fact, in the movie Anthy is the one who is orchestrating the duels for her own purposes. There is no Dios in the movie, and in fact there never was a "real" prince in the movie continuity at all. Then there's Touga, who is actually the most interesting and complicated character in the film. I could go on, but the movie presents its own unique take on the Utena formula. Think of it as a seperate lens through which to see the franchise, instead of BOO HOO, IT'S NOT THE SERIES SO IT SUCKS AND DOESN'T COUNT.

Attached: Movie_Screen_0092.jpg (725x418, 96K)

He gave legitimate reasons for why he doesn't like it, but trying to dictate others' tastes is childish.

>Holy fuck, no one should be defending the god-awful dreck that is Adolescence of Utena.

Kyouichi Saionji deserves better

fuck saionji
wakaba deserved better

I miss 2011

Attached: 8X7Y.gif (500x282, 916K)

t. Saionji

Attached: FuckYourBullshitSaionji.jpg (550x1684, 492K)

i still don't understand the symbolism behind this scene...was it just simple rape?

That is the first sentence.

were they friends at the end?

Sex friends

bros

I've not watched an Ikuhara series with Yea Forums since Penguindrum, so I'm quite excited for Sarazanmai.

Attached: 1454436140393.png (960x720, 775K)

Attached: Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 09 The Castle Said To Hold Eternity [D1F52828].mkv_snapshot_21.32_[ (960x720, 362K)

She was burning up.

Marie a cute.

Attached: 1294426576401.jpg (1151x1500, 549K)

Oh wait that's a lie, I did watch that Utena stream here for the 20th anniversary.

Attached: [Xanth]_Pretear_02_DVDrip_x264_10b_AAC_[AE0CBE87][00:20:02]001.png (714x538, 409K)

Yes, and? What does that change? He's still trying to tell people what they can and can't like which is retarded.

They were in fact friends, but Touga was caught in some sort of a weird state of manipulative obsession with will to power where it seemed to him that being >friends< with nothing attached would be far gayer than literally having Saionji's dick up his ass.

Miki deserves better.
Being cute doesn't mean being enlightened and professional.

Attached: [Kagura] The Rose of Versailles - 40 [BDRip 1436x1080 x264 Hi10P FLAC].mkv_snapshot_08.26_[2018.04.1 (1190x895, 136K)

she did nothing wrong!!! she was sheltered and ignorant! she did not deserve that fate!

>Marie Antoinette did nothing wrong BUT Akio Ohtori is Anime Stalin

Attached: thinking intensifies.gif (256x256, 458K)

Penguindrum is his best work.

Penguindrum was trash.

Attached: 1549967948244.gif (600x434, 1.44M)

Akio wasn't cute.

This is correct.

Antoinette made mistakes due to ignorance, but she had good intentions at heart. Akio meanwhile, was a malicious and sleazy rapist actively taking advantage of people.

Yet, it is actually a good movie. It can stand alone and serve as a "reiteration" from the television series. It's presented as a part of the other side of a coin. Characters are inherently the same with different motives driven the crux of their existence, story kept some of the key elements presented in the original without ostracizing the fandom but altered a few things that weren't at all too major and many more reasons but as a movie, especially, since it is from the adaptation of an anime it is quite good. Considering that some simply do compilation films and "add" new footage ala Star Driver. Adolescence is a perfect companion piece to Utena same way EoE is to Eva.

Are you sure anyone ever wanted or asked Akio to be different than to embody the ideal of the prince, which he was trying to accomplish the entire time?

Are you sure Akio's sins are worse because they are on personal level while Antoinette gambled away the taxes of people she didn't know?

>Akio meanwhile, was a malicious and sleazy rapist actively taking advantage of people
So were the aristocrats of France, that belonged to the highers circles, including those who were frequent at Petit Trianon.
They all deserved a decapitation. And Marie Antoinette deserved it too. For crimial stupidity and inability to see through people and their bullshit.

Attached: [Kagura] The Rose of Versailles - 30 [BDRip 1436x1080 x264 Hi10P FLAC].mkv_snapshot_18.34_[2018.04.1 (1190x895, 175K)

Shiori is actually complex, yes. Maybe not misunderstood because unrequited love is a digestible sentiment to swallow, but she is probably one of the most side characters in Utena that is complex. The only sin Ikuni ever did was not give her more screen time than she deserved.

>Adolescence is a perfect companion piece to Utena same way EoE is to Eva.
you actually believe this? yikes

Akio became Akio instead of Dios because he used the image of a prince to build a harem rather than save anyone. He was jaded from past suffering, but he knew exactly what he was doing.

Antoinette on the other hand had no idea what she was doing, and only did what she did because others took advantage of her kindness and naivety. Versailles itself was the true villain of the series, not Antoinette.

Much of this depends on your understanding of the Prince, then, and whether you're reading the story as a kid, or an adult, both of which are imperfect perspectives. If you're an adult, and the outside world is not that bad, and there was really no true prince to begin with, then Akio is a man who wants to be a child.

But if the Tale of the Rose is accurate, which it IS within the borders of the academy's warped reality that Akio CANNOT LEAVE, then he is a child that does not want to be a man, and his actions are the desperate struggle of an innocent, rotting soul to return back to health.

Anthy's magic helped create the academy, but it is built around Akio, because it literally consists of the requirements she has of him. He can't leave it because he IS the academy, he is the prince, he is childhood, and now the purity of childhood is corrupted by sexuality. Is it not pointless to judge him like an adult if no one ever wanted him to be that?

Before you say I am assuming things that are not outright stated, realize you are assuming Akio's feelings about everything. Because he, as well, is shown to blatantly hate the game and fuck his sister in order to realize that this is not right.

maybe this is the real form of Keppi?

Attached: 05effda7cf75d1be6a456db267428b74 (1).jpg (1125x616, 126K)

The prince? Probably. Wonder who is the old man.

Maybe

This would honestly be the worst anime ever ironically, half of these directors clash fucking hard

You mean it would be the most amazing and interesting trainwreck ever.

It would be a masterpiece.

Don't talk about Victor that way.

I'm sure it will be filled with friendship.

Attached: [SMC] Sailor Moon SuperS 157 (R2 DVD.H264.AC3) [EF7598EF].mkv_snapshot_10.14_[2019.03.31_19.50.23].j (640x480, 208K)

Of course

Attached: 1544544695472.jpg (1498x942, 443K)

Good way of putting it

kappa

A lot of arguing in this thread but we can all agree: Nanami is the best girl.

Attached: Nanami_0.jpg (768x1024, 118K)

If by best you mean so pathetic and self-defeating that it makes you pity her, maybe.

....until you remember she drowned a kitten and needs to be gassed for it.

Nanami is precious because she is kind of a bitch not despite it.

Attached: 1549779673916.jpg (1280x914, 121K)

Attached: SmilingNanami.png (1024x768, 1.02M)

Yeah, I never saw such hostility toward the movie. It's like it raped people childhood or something.

If you don't like it's not like it turns the movie canon or something.

Wantanabe > this gay dude

In the end, yes. Touga came to see Saionji as a friend and Utena has an equal and not just a conquest.

disgusting. show ruined 0/10

Watanabe with no action and female main characters sounds like a legitimate disaster to me but I hope he can pull it off.

Is this some delicious nee-san?

Ikuni is literally too intelligent to be an SJW

Yes. Kazuki has an imouto and Enta has a nee-san.
Tōi has his shady older bro of course.

Looks better than terror in Tokyo.

And looks like a better yuri than utena

Cute.

>yuri in a watanabe show by Bones

Don't be fucking stupid. Theres two boys in the cast that look like potentional love interests for a reason.