Why is there a serious lack of cyberpunk anime in this day and age?

Why is there a serious lack of cyberpunk anime in this day and age?

Attached: shot02.jpg (714x480, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0HyEoxOQOV4&list=OLAK5uy_m4di8ZsRC5faXhUd9z1PUzYcYvg9p_YZg
youtube.com/watch?v=bJGvLLEZQAA
youtube.com/watch?v=MWCSw_cNxKc
youtube.com/watch?v=YV78vobCyIo
youtube.com/watch?v=wfWMv8Y1V5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because how else would they draw cute stuff? Cyberpunk is eerie dark stuff

everyone is sick and tired of technology and rightly so.

>Cyberpunk is eerie dark stuff
Bullshit. The problem is back then we all thought it would be cool as shit. Turns out reality is much darker and crueler than anyone could have imagined.
and here we go

There are a tons of reasons why. If you can't figure them out by yourself, you actually have mush for brains and you should go somewhere else.

>Turns out reality is much darker and crueler than anyone could have imagined.
Also, it's a lot more dull and slower than it is in fiction.

because we actually know what cyber is now and it isn't punk

because all anime that came out after mid 00s is a mistake. unless its a reiteration of something relesed before

The industry being creatively bankrupt is probably one of the reasons

>Turns out reality is much darker and crueler than anyone could have imagined.
This. Cyberpunk is here and it's nothing like fiction pictured it.

I wish the tech was only about prosthetics, robots and space travel, not ML algorithms designed to sell you stuff and keep you wasting your time bullshit.

Attached: 1496705594_tumblr_lx8h262G7d1r894h5o1_500.gif (500x270, 493K)

>in this day and age
hey look you answered your own question

You misunderstand me. I like Cyberpunk but there's a trend in anime to draw cute stuff. I was just pointing it out. I watched Psychopass and felt underwhelmed at the end. I need something more dark.

Then go and watch the jetsons anime, faggot.

Been there done that.

It had its time and interest has moved on.

The moefication played a huge role in people being less and less attracted to the sci-fi/cyberpunk genre but more towards CGDCT shows etc

Attached: anime evolution.jpg (854x2319, 486K)

The industry merely caters to people. Creativity can still be found here and there. There's just little reason to go for gritty content when it's not gonna sell.

Because cyberpunk looks really cringey now that the "future" has arrived.

>a trend in anime to draw cute stuff.

Yes... it's all a trend. Nothing inherent in the birth and consideration of anime/manga to begin. One day the filthy moe masses will die out and everything will be right and proper with only MANIME made for real MEN and will be good in the world.

Attached: 1539347950805.jpg (989x1753, 191K)

>The industry being creatively bankrupt
Is that really the card you wanna play? When cyberpunk was big, it was bar none the most creatively bankrupt era of Japanese animation in the history of the medium. Comparing the versaility of animation during the 80s to let's say the 00s is almost offensive to do. The 80s were bar none the most creatively bankrupt and cookiecutter sameshit era in anime history.

The serious lack of people buying thsis kind of anime. Are you just creating these 60 IQ question threads for attention ?

Because we are already living in a cyberpunk era.

Isekai shit is selling bad and there is still tons of it being produced every year, so there has to be a better reason for it

Cyberpunk became reality, except it's boring as fuck and feels stagnant.

Anyway, there was going to be another blade runner anime sometime soon, I recall.

Attached: k smile.jpg (365x365, 56K)

>Isekai shit is selling bad
I don't think you seem to understand that anime are a marketing vehicle. Bluray sales don't matter. What matter is the impact of the show on the publics perception of the source material. If the anime gets more people to play the game or buy the novel, then it has accomplished its purpose.

Koukaku no Pandora is one of the few recent cyberpunk and it's moe as fuck. Gatchaman Crowds had one of the most relevant stories about the role of social media on society and that was full of cute girls and "girls". Your idea of grimderp cyberpunk is outdated and just an aesthetic and is no better than steampunk.

The thing is that it's a trend that accelerates the feminization of society as response to people forgetting about war and put a lot more value to their lives. It's a society where people are sheltered, have their needs answered to without doing much and simply become entitled. You can see the effect by the fact that stories that actually kill main characters before the end (and even with the end) tend to become more and more rare. This is partly the reason why GoT was so acclaimed during its debuts: it simply went against the current.
People forget about war, about conflict (and if there's some stuff they don't like, they complain about it on Twatter and throw a fit hard enough to make people lose their jobs), they just want to be safe (which is actually totally normal). War belongs in the past and there are actually very few people left who have lived during the war times. The moe-ification is meant to bury negativity.
Also, the future is here, and people don't even care that much about social implications anymore, and some even welcome enslavement. You can't scare people anymore about becoming a number when their excuse is that thanks to that, they live a peaceful, quiet life where their every need is catered to. There are so many other reasons that I won't talk about because it'd take too long.

But isn't Alita movie still selling very well in 2019? There always is a market for cyberpunk.

>and some even welcome enslavement.
>some

Attached: 1533898737864.jpg (943x954, 233K)

>they live a peaceful, quiet life where their every need is catered to
Where is my robowaifu then?

Attached: 1535213941828.jpg (683x817, 49K)

Is that from cyber city Oedo? The guy that tried to take off his bomb collar?

We're still 20 years away from Cyberpunk at the very least. We might not actually achieve a real Cyberpunk era in 50 years. Franchises like Terminator are a factor in the fear of a cyberpunk future even tho the prosthetic industry has yet to be looked at with fear.

>prosthetic industry has yet to be looked at with fear.
>that one user who had his donated cyber prosthetic arm destroyed by a religious granny

Lack of a market for cyberpunk anime and we're kinda approaching the period soon too. Although on the bright side we might see post-cyberpunk as a setting whatever that'll be.

You get cyberpunk anime every now and then. Or hard scifi, at least. Quite a few of them are movies, though, so I am not surprised that most "TV EXCLUSIVE" shitter on this board aren't aware of them. There might be a market, but it's comparatively small. Cyberpunk is an old hat. We've arrived at the future and it's not nearly as cool as we hoped for it to be. What do you expect creators to do? Try to force more scifi on the pretense of futuristic depiction? That's simply not what the Japanese look for anymore. We don't even have a clue what future looks like anymore. 50 years ago you'd have said flying cars and mega cities. Nowadays most people are gonna say foldable phones, Amazon drone delivery and electric vehicles. Future, and thereby scifi, is dead because people don't even know what the fuck the term stands for anymore. People have changed, and so has media.

There's no cyberpunk anything these days because it's a fad that died out decades ago.

yup

As the successor to cyberpunk, I want our kind to have spaceships that can reach other star systems within a year, and interesting aliens to tell us hello in a friendly way.
But unfortunately, science says that this is extremely hyperunlikely, so we'll have to content with making virtual reality where everything will be better than the grim dullness that is boring real reality.

>and interesting aliens
but there's nothing out there, user. It's just us. We're all alone.

Attached: 35667567-2.gif (359x401, 67K)

Not until we colonize other planets, forget about those colonies and return a few thousand years later to cute alien girls.

Just solve immortality and send colonists in hibernation to other star systems. What could go wrong?

Cuz cyberpunk as a vector for discussing man's relationship with technology is a dead duck and the Japanese have never really engaged with the other side of it, i.e. analysing rampant societal inequality.

If you want the truest and closest thing to a real successor to cyberpunk anime, last year's Beatless is it, and it's coincidentally, the best sci-fi anime since GITS.

Post-cyberpunk would be what? Everyone plugged into the matrix but unlike The Matrix, we all are aware and enter it willingly and instead of making us into batteries they make us into data-centers of mass data collection for the purpose of capitalism.... Whoa that sounds pretty dystopian already.

>sci-fi becomes all about virtual reality
>virtual reality gits gud
>nostalgiafags make virtual worlds about the virtual worlds they grew up with
The future is going to be stupid and boring.

Yeah, that could work. Then again, we probably go extinct way before anything like this will ever happen. Unless.. unless it already did happen, and we are the "aliens". That's probably it.

Attached: 245765.jpg (1007x641, 113K)

post-cyberpunk is junking the stupid ideas about technology and going back to just looking at how the speed of technological growth affects people.

>turns out, we are the cute alien girls
amazing

Attached: 36572.jpg (608x628, 51K)

Cyberpunk has been dead for decades now

I've always imagined post-cyberpunk like the concept art for half life 2 or something. I mean shit it's ultra fucking bleak but it'd be pretty different from our standard affairs.

By that logic we should also be sick of sengoku period and school yard themes.

Any studios refuse to moe-fy?

>sengoku period
Idealisation of history through the lense of current culture always works on some level and I don't think it has ever really fallen out of favor in any country.

That isn't really what post-thing means. It's not "how do we do that thing, but more"

For example post-modernism is critical of modernism, in the same vein, post-cyberpunk should be critical of cyberpunk. So in post-cyberpunk the worlds are less universally bleak and more utopian as well.

Because nobody wants to watch an anime about the present day real world.

theres a serious lack of cyperpunk content in general that is coming out

Cyberpunk 2077

because we now live in the cyberpunk age

>the industry is creatively bankrupt because they're not making the same shit they did in the 90s anymore

Don't forget to add
>which appeals to me
In the end, creatively bankrupt always simply means
>it doesn't appeal to me

I feel ripped off.

Attached: 20. Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. [BD 720p Hi10P 5.1 AAC AC3][dual-audio][kuchikirukia]v4 [AA4B15FF].mkv (1280x720, 543K)

>dude fuck moe anime
Fuck the guy who introduced cutesy stuff to the medium during the 90s. Absolute cancer.

Attached: 1525473179674.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

I also forgot the "I only knew the stuff that was popular in the west because it wasn't as easy to find literally everything available back when I thought all anime was manime" part

he said watching another moe/isekai/SoL anime

Because the cyber is here, but the punk is lacking. The cruelty is hidden behind apple product designs.

Post-cyberpunk is GITS:SAC

Because you're too focused on aesthetics and not content.

Attached: [Asuka Subs] Beatless - 12 (1280x720 h264 AAC)[31BC2D97].mkv_snapshot_07.06_[2019.03.31_13.36.55].jp (1280x720, 107K)

Beatless isn't cyberpunk it's Scifi.

It's very clearly post-cyberpunk.

Why are you making up labels when it perfectly fits into an existing one

but if cyberpunk is near future and scifi is typically the far future wouldn't that make post-cyberpunk just scifi

postcyberpunk isn't a new concept. It's been around since the 90s. GITS is postcyberpunk as someone else pointed out.

because we are already living in it

the future is about genetic transhumanism and non-sentient yet hyperintelligent AI networks shaping the course of history, combined with ecological collapse and resource scarcity

The corporations won! We are living in a cyberpunk world. They control our food. They control our government. They control our news. They control our banking. Literally only waiting for A.I. and V.R. and we will be be in cyberpunk.

Attached: image.jpg (1587x1122, 196K)

No Guns Life is being adapted, so there’s that

because people want isekai or fantasy with video game mechanic and incestbait today

>genetic transhumanism
Not gonna happen within the next 200 years because it's a bottomless barrel from an ethical standpoint. You'd literally create subhumans (anyone who hasn't been genetically modified). There will be riots and collapsing governments before this truly takes off.

Besides, nothing you've just listed hasn't been done before and we don't even know when it's going to happen. Resource scarcity? Really? Most westerners don't even have a concept what that looks like. It's just a different shade of post-apocalypse if you wanted to create fiction.

>ethics
LOL
>resource scarcity
many important resources are running out. Fish, forests, oil, arable land, phosphorus for farming, pollinating species
wars have started for less

I dont think you understand the different between killing other people for unethical reasons, and allowing the rulling parties to literally turn you into a subhuman by not being born with genetic modification. By accepting genetic modication on a wider scale people are essentially accepting to be subhumans, and that's not gonna happen any time soon unless it becomes a publically available service to all social classes. You try to limit this technology to a chosen group of people and countries will burn. Civil wars will be fought everywhere. I don't think you fully grasp the gravity of it.

Governments would be aware of this and either give it out to everyone (improving the stock of your nation makes your nation stronger) or hide it if it's too expensive. It's not like you can really tell that some deep state agent has been modified to have +80 IQ from looking at him. Really the main problem is that there's no real way of knowing you won't give your subject 200 different cancers at the age of 25.

>Post-cyberpunk would be what?

The only post cyberpunk I know of is a novel called 'The Diamond Age' by Neal Stephenson.

Because people won't stop making crappy Isekais.

To be fair, a lot of what you listed isn't entirely true, the CPC has gone hard on forest planting and has contributed majorly to the growth of forest areas, and on top of that, a lot of the stuff we hear about bees is partially just... we don't actually know much about a lot of the bee species, for all we know they do just boom and bust, as several other bee species, more common ones even, are currently growing.

There are problems, and not trying to do anything is fucking moronic. But there is nuance to it.

I've routinely said before that I fully expect to see the first wave of any kind of accepted serious gene therapy to be anti-ageing stuff, specifically subsidised by the state, to avoid paying pensions.

because cyberpunk stopped being a theoretical future and began looking more and more like a soon to be reality

I don't know. It's weird.
Noir and Cyberpunk anime doesn't sell I guess. Just trying to think of one in the last 10 years and all I can think of is like Darker than Black.
Most futuristic anime tend to either be utopian or completely dystopian (like Franxx). You don't get the gritty cyberpunk or even fallout-esque anime much.

Maybe it's because our modern society is already cyberpunk so we barely notice it as much.

Aging is however a combination of several things that lead to cell deterioriation. You can't just combat aging by simply switching a bunch of gene sequences.

Dimension W
Solid series, contrary to what Yea Forums may be telling you.

Attached: MV5BYWU0ODVmYzQtMjgxZS00MmFhLTk0NzUtNjM1NDg2ZTZiMWJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzUwNzgzNzg@._V1_.jpg (1000x1426, 1.03M)

why kind of already reached a level of cyber punk in society and found out it is in fact boring and annoying.

There is a serious lack of cyberpunk anything in this day and age. Mostly because everybody get sick of it after 80s and 90s.

Wish we got a second season of Dork meats girl

No it's more people are sick of their current society, which is like how old cyberpunk shows imagined.
To do it now is to push into science fiction more than anything.

We live in a really strange time of transition between the old world and a new world dystopia, basically the setting of old school cyberpunk shows.
Ain't that weird ay. But look at us, doing exactly as what Lain did and talk all day online in our rooms. It hit the nail on the head to be honest.

Attached: eb466a016ef85d1acb1783298c2179adcc683f8ba6e24a8b591c49e8872ceb36.gif (500x357, 850K)

>implying
The fact this forum is being censored for shitposting says otherwise.

Attached: 5d18b51f5ac34f836165c9eac3f057e258a50063acea6b21588c36d4ca3f797a.jpg (437x458, 71K)

I wish i could talk with real people.

Anti-aging gene therapy will be a treatment thing, not a new sort of organism thing, probably some temporary transfection of extrachromosomal DNA for enzymes that clean up biochemical trash along with a few dozen other treatments. This is because rewriting the metabolism to fix aging is basically impossible due to how complex it is. I think collecting the DNA of geniuses and attempting to just basically clone them as newborns will be much more easily accomplished. Like imagine if there are combinations of alleles that individually are common, but in specific conformations result in very high intelligence (so normal parents can have genial children, if the mother and father each have different high IQ alleles and the child end up getting most of them). If modern science/technology fields have on average 1000 einsteins responsible for 30% of progress, imagine what would happen if you had a million einsteins running around. Or even if you managed to select alleles so that you had super-einsteins.

As for the resource thing, it's just inevitable when you have a highly populated industrialized world. Something we take for granted is going to run out and cause a lot of friction that disrupts our world of plenty.

There have been some new shows with really new ideas actually. People have said what you said for centuries.

Because nobody wants what's just an aesthetically cooler version of basically the world we now live in I guess.

Attached: 1553814900943.jpg (552x424, 35K)

The fuck are you talking about, people already look at the newest prosthetics saying they are unnatural, already we can edit genes before the babies are even conceived, corporations control nearly all aspects of life and outright make laws that suit themselves, the only thing we don't have is a 24/7 overcast weather and neon everything, though some cities already have both.

We already live in a cyberpunk society, we just don't have any of the cool stuff like deckers, cyber samurais and shitwe're starting to get VR though

>There have been some new shows with really new ideas actually.
like?

All I know, is that all the guys involved in weird high end biotech that focus on this seem pretty convinced that the first person that'll live to see 200 is like 60 today.

But those guys are also kinda nutters.

>no moe in the 80's and 90's
Things were more moe then than now in many respects.
Moe was normal up until like 2011. It's been declining since then as I think people got bored with it. It hasn't disappeared though, just declined.

I honestly worry 30 years from now it will be like Bladerunner 2049 (though something tells me it will look more like Germany 1939 maybe). It's not quite Bladerunner (orig) today, but fuck it does feel like it's getting closer.

Attached: jiiiiiiiiii.jpg (588x595, 55K)

You could do a futuristic anime that's even grittier than now and with more sci fi. But the problem is, our computers and robotics are getting pretty on par with the idea of cyberpunk.
It can still be done though, but the meme would have to mutate a bit.

desu my biggest concern is that we're going to end up with a choice between a conclusion to the current US style of things in some form of ultra-capitalism where states are too weak to act, and the Chinese style.

And personally I know I come down on the Chinese side every time. And I do not like that choice.

It's getting to the point of "define people" to me now that AI is becoming a more prominent thing.
But people's conversations are changing. Older people seem to still be as they were, but younger people are honestly terrified by what they can and cannot say, because they realise all the things they have may be listening to them in some way.

While not anime, some of the shorts in that new Netflix animated compilation got me thinking that you could totally do something cyberpunk today. You could also go the Blade Runner 2049 path and just double down on it being a kind of retrofuturistic alternate reality.

Curious how the new Stand Alone Complex series will turn out, 3DCG is a bad start but not in itself a death kneel.

I also think Qing dynasty China sounds like a horror I do not want.

why?

The reality is that 2049 is the new cyberpunk for today's society.
It just feels odd to people because it lacks any optimism and because they still remember how they used to think what the future would be like 30 years ago - something similar but not this level of dystopian. Plus it's worrying that so many people feel like it's become more cyberpunk. It's weird walking into a city at night and seeing nothing like the city you saw as a kid.

I always wondered how our current technological development would have affected kowloon walled city.

2049 did something kind of interesting in how it based a big chunk of its plot and themes around individuality and validation of that individuality coming from external or internal sources. It was the right move to keep it relevant to a society where image and celebrity are so dominant in daily life, without being too on the nose about it. It wouldn't have been able to handle it so deftly if they tried to 'modernize' the setting to look more like our own world. That movie is so fucking good, I have no idea how they fooled a studio into funding it.

yeah youre right user they should rehash shit from 30 years ago

Early modern china was hell. The whole secretive government, small devilish elite and an entire nation of people terrified of their government.
Sure it wasn't quite as bad as full communist China, but it certainly isn't the liberty parading West of the last 400 years.

maybey I should watch it.

80s and 90s really overdid it with the genre so that most creatives got sick of it.

I mean, I was talking about the current CPC and the way they're going rather than the Qing, though I guess a government that has no power to do anything while corporate interests run wild is kinda that too.

And while the CPC did some stupid and some crazy repressive stuff, a lot of it, especially if you come at it from the perspective of someone that had the main goal of "never let the century of humiliation happen again" could be seen as necessary. (though the stomping down on spiritualism DEFINITELY was needed, holy shit China wtf, why do you STILL have officials going to fortune tellers to tell them what to do?)

Hollywood was dying to make it, check out some of Ford's interviews.

Back to anime, the only anime that comes to mind for me is Akira and GITS. We still are not even close to either of those two settings.
But we'd have to go even further than those two shows, perhaps add some serious climate issues like 2049.
I'd also prefer less focus on celebs, because we seem to not care about them as we did 10 years ago, at least on the chans (though my friends are similar).
Why? Because it's so easy to contact them now with the internet. Nobody is untouchable now. We're all touchable through the internet in some way.

Yeah I am still pissed they destroyed it. Wish I could have visited and got shanked in an alley. America needs to build their own cheap dense city this time with plumbing.

Yeah but now there's a drought and I've been almost looking for it after 2049 and Mad Max.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MOE AND ISEKAI BAD AND ARE TO BLAME
Cyberpunk sold like shit so it gets nothing, deal with it faggots.

It's well worth it, one of the best surprises out of mainstream cinema in the past couple of years. Make sure it's with the biggest screen and sound system you have access to, it was really made for the big screen.
Celebrities matter less, but celebrity as a concept is more relevant than ever. Everybody's trying to manage their image, present a perfect version of their own life online and generally live out the unrealistic dreams that tabloids have spent decades priming people for. Everybody wants their five minutes of fame and wants to feel like they matter. We've told people that you only matter if people are clamoring for you, and now we're reaping the rewards of it. Celebrity culture has finally tricked down to the individual level.

>I'd also prefer less focus on celebs, because we seem to not care about them as we did 10 years ago

The interesting thing with that is just that there's way less A list celebs these days. Back in the day people like Lucy Liu were A list. If she was attached to your project people would go "we'll fund it" now there's like... 10-20 total in Hollywood.

I personally think the reason is that people still have no fucking money after 2008 so there's just so many less movies people can afford to go see, and as such only the safest of the safe can guarantee a project now.

Because cyberpunk was only popular when the industry was booming and wasn't afraid of trying experimental things.

Nowadays cyberpunk has been reduced to mere tiny and irrelevant aspects of a show when it does show up.

Attached: 1494143931393.jpg (249x213, 13K)

>Wish I could have visited and got shanked in an alley.
I know illegal things occurred within it, but was it really dangerous place to live?I've seen interviews of people who use to live there and they seem to legitimately miss the place.

>(though the stomping down on spiritualism DEFINITELY was needed, holy shit China wtf, why do you STILL have officials going to fortune tellers to tell them what to do?)
That's because Abrahamic faith never controlled it.
They have the same issues in like Burma and Cambodia. I still don't get why that never happened as much in Japan. I think they just clicked with the what happened in the west straight away and went left hand path.

soon bros

Attached: ngl.jpg (442x600, 86K)

China took Abrahamic faith to it's most powerful extreme as well though. There's just something about China.

Eh? Plenty of nip officials are totally superstitious and go to shady religious fortunetellers to tell them what to do.

>but celebrity as a concept is more relevant than ever
I'll agree that people's self obsession is extreme today.. but I think that might wind down eventually and might be some "teething" problems in this decade.

>I personally think the reason is that people still have no fucking money after 2008
That's a big issue, but a greater issue is the fact that people are not keeping up with their machines and therefore innovating.
That's another little cyberpunk thing that cyberpunk got right, how dumb people are with computers and how much risk we actually take with them.

Netflix is bankrolling a shit ton of Cyberpunk anime as we speak.
Monkey's Paw? Guess we'll find out.

People in the west have started to become superstitious again though too. I think memes and memetic thinking helped with that. It is basically the old "as above, same below" method, with a bit of a twist.
People aren't focusing on pure detail as much.

There were a couple good ideas too, but none that hit it perfectly.
There was that one show where you transferred yourself from body to body in a chip.
Again, that is bordering on sci-fi, not cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is almost a shorter term prediction of where we are going. It's all the potential gadgets and shit.

>k. Cyberpunk is almost a shorter term prediction of where we are going.
so where are we going?

Pretty silly, to believe we would end up as a culturally and ethnically uprooted and isolated people ruled by megacorporations and a global elite of ideological maniacs.

Attached: if you catch my drift.gif (300x356, 46K)

It's the same shit, cyberpunk just focuses on the people living in the streets not the normal people.

You're being disengenious and you know it.

YOU KNOW the amount of Moe shit is simply out of control.

AFAIK it was generally safe but completely controlled by mafia so you will be safe as long as you don't snitch on any of the crime or get on the bad side of a mafiosa. They might've had mafia taxes too so be sure to pay those.

Welcome to the free market fag.

Well that's the problem. It could go in many opposite directions from now on.
Past cyberpunk had less off this issue I feel, like they expected the world to go in some overall way.
Nowadays we don't really know for certain where we are going. There are too many horses pulling into opposite directions.

If the pulling continues indefinitely, then one predicted future would be the Matrix sort of future. But I also think the Matrix assumed one all powerful AI would just emerge and take control. As we are finding, the reality is more like a million AIs fucking with each other and never quite agreeing.
If the right somehow overcomes, then we could be heading into a future of Rome with gadgets. I would love the fuck out of a show with that.
If anarchy remains, then some mix of fallout and mad max is the future. People obviously grouping themselves and scavenging what they have around them. Whether there is nukes involved is also uncertain there.
So as we were saying earlier in the thread, the other possibility I can think of is the NWO future. Something tells me that just ends with death though.

>That movie is so fucking good, I have no idea how they fooled a studio into funding it.

That sentence made me giggle because it's so on the nose. I went into the cinema expecting to be as disappointed as with the ScarJo abomination. I mean, it's what sequels do, they suck major dick.

2049 blew me away. Such a pleasant surprise.

Aside from what's been said about the cyberpunk future already being here, I don't think the 80s/90s cyberpunk worlds could work anymore. There is much less mystique surrounding technology and the majority of people seemingly have lost any fear of it going too far. I also think sci-fi in any form isn't nearly as popular is it used to be, but this is just from my personal observations. Obviously classics like star trek and star wars are always going to popular, but I've met a few people who dislike some of my favorite forms of media simply because they don't like sci fi.

I think a topic that would work is discussing the effect that cybernetic augmentations like in Deus Ex or GitS cyberization would have on society, or a society where real robots walk around and they're indistinguishable from people, and what it means to be human. But as I said, I don't think the augmentations/cyberization discussion would work as well now because people would do it in a second if there was an apple logo on their new body parts.

>Dimension W
>Solid
The anime was really bad. Show could have mediocre if they removed the retarded robot girl main character.

I don't believe there is anyone in control though. It's just chaos and states trying to pretend it isn't.
We thought that would be, weirdly, more stable than it currently is, but fucking bombs are going off everywhere, people are being massacred and frankly it won't be long before there is a mass disaster (actually there already is if you take how badly pollution and radiation may be affecting people).
That's why I think we'll either have Rome with gadgets or death.
So death with shiny armour, or death.

I just wanted a qt motorbike riding cyberpunk mecha suit using crime fighting gf.
IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK.

Attached: c6fd62240f1ba06f88bd38483d68a943.jpg (1600x2270, 283K)

There's moe.

Well the thing is, there has always been some overlap with sci-fi and cyberpunk, but now it's almost a completely synonymous situation given how weird our already existing tech is getting. It's developing super fast.

define cyberpunk

>the Matrix assumed one all powerful AI would just emerge and take control. As we are finding, the reality is more like a million AIs fucking with each other and never quite agreeing.

This was also a theme in beatless, which is very good and literally everyone in this thread should have watched it.

Things like Deus Ex are almost too real these days. I think that reality needs a healthy barrier of fantasy in its popular media.

>There is much less mystique surrounding technology and the majority of people seemingly have lost any fear of it going too far.
I think the main thing is that although people are perfectly happy to see technology pervading every aspect of their daily life, their technical proficiency has actually gone down. We've got all of this technological power readily available, but the number of people willing to tinker with it has significantly decreased (since it's not necessary anymore).

Technological advancement is actually feeling too slow in some cases, but too fast in others.

I don't think that's fair at all. My mother is more comfortable using her phone than I am using mine, and I have experience in multiple programming languages. (COBOL bros WW@? nowhere? okay) the reality is what was once scary has been made accessible. And, most importantly. Reasonably safe. Most people don't even get too scared about viruses now.

it doesnt pander to overweight manchild autismo lardasses or jobless tranny freaks so it won't sell.

Attached: 4367892347089.gif (350x260, 1.95M)

Cyberpunk combined well with 80-90s aesthetics, but not so much with what turned out to be 2019.

Good question.
I've no idea what it means in todays age. Technology is everywhere today, so it must be more than that now. Lowlife is also everywhere, so why would they need to make any setting different from today's?

Attached: 1553611585560.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Yeah. Nowadays, what you ought to be more scared about is that companies collect all kinds of data about you and then give you shitty annoying advertisement tailored specifically on your collected data. And which more criminally minded minds then steal from those companies so that they know how to make your life annoying, or steal inside your home because the company that collected that data also knows when you're at home.

There's literally a Blade Runner anime in the works. And the Psycho Pass series is popular enough for a 3rd season. It may not be as much as there used to be, but you're still steadily getting stuff.

I don't really see any reason why they couldn't make cyberpunk cute.

Phones are consumption tools. The only thing you never bothered to do was learn the UI and the constant retarded changes all the tech companies make to it. Programming languages are tools for creation.

That kind of shit is way above the purview of street crims that bother stealing from houses. For most people as you first said, annoying ads are now the biggest issue they face in a digital world.

Of course, I'm just saying that to say people are becoming technically inept I don't think is fair, a lot of people have become much more comfortable with the tech world through their phones.

Okay minor correction, annoying ads and manipulations that are on such a large scale that an individual can't really notice it's going on easily. Big data being used to manipulate things, etc. But that's invisible to most people.

That's because smartphones weren't designed for people like you.

cyberpunk is dead, get over it. corporations won.

Attached: 1542942470711.jpg (940x777, 94K)

Learning how to use a phone UI doesn't mean they're technically proficient user. Whenever anything happens with their phone these kinds of people literally freeze up like deer in the headlights. UIs for consumption have made it so it's easy for people to do things as a mental series of button presses while not understanding what it is they're actually doing.

Because the 21st century isn't as rad as people thought it would be.

who were they designed for?

Because you don't need to understand beyond a basic conceptual level to demystify a lot of it. You don't need to know the exact details of how it works, to get the basic principal. People can tell you what a jpeg is without knowing what a discrete cosine transform is.

Fallout seems to be getting interest still, even though the franchised is owned by a bunch of retards today.
I think that epitomizes the best aspects of cyberpunk - the grit, the anarchy/lawlessness, the strange gadgets, the guns, the dystopian environment (though you may be able to avoid the dystopian environment and have some "utopia" that is only a utopia to the blue pilled... bit like the book the giver).
You could also have a utopian environment and your protagonist actually being some super criminal. Another potential is a juxtaposition with one utopian environment and a dystopian environment (Armitage does this well and is underrated).

I would prefer the Fallout interpretation - something like Caesar's legion or like Mad Max. That isn't done enough in cyberpunk and ends up turning into pure dystopian post-apocalyptical messes. Cowboy Bebop is the exception for giving it's setting a "cowboy" feel in many aspects, but even that avoided massive issues with factions in society. I think Akira (haven't seen it in a while) tried that too.

Attached: [jackoneill] Armitage III 01 [C13202FE].mkv_snapshot_44.13.927.jpg (704x480, 57K)

Digging beyond the facade of technology is an integral part of cyberpunk.

Nah, people just stopped having fun with Cyberpunk. It could have branched into new genres, but people just never thought of those new potential areas and tried something.

The only integral parts of cyberpunk are social inequality and man's relationship with technology.

Attached: 1553439601669.jpg (555x414, 114K)

Average people that didn't have much experience with computers. Since you program, you're used to a completely different workflow.

Hah, I'd be surprised if you ask your mom if she knew what a JPEG file is. Most older people know these things as "I take a picture with this Camera app icon and then it gets saved to iCloud". iDevices don't even have a user accessible file system, lol.

People learn more as time goes on, they get introduced to concepts like you probably did. Something asks them to submit something in one format or another and they pick up bits and pieces.

You can go beyond cyberpunk though into the fallout scenario, where gadgets are nearly an amusing part of the setting and the importance is fully focused on the conflict with factions in society.
I barely see that.
It might not be cyberpunk as we used to know it, but it would be something barely focused on. Something just before post apocalypse but also in a period of social transformation.

>That kind of shit is way above the purview of street crims that bother stealing from houses.
Smart criminals know how to unlock those fancy electronically locked cars and then simply drive away with their loot.
Also, as a rival gobinment, I would actually perhaps try to aid criminal organizations in a foreign country I wish to inflict some harm by providing them with free information (or at least suspiciously cheap price) about the target nation's civilians that my state hackers had stolen from private corporations.
That way, they can wreck havoc, be a thorn to the authorities of the target nation, make people angry about their own gobinment that it's not providing them with enough security, and then push for gobinment change, where candidates that are more in line with my gobinment to take charge of that target nation.

Because cyberpunk hits too close home now?

yeah, needs more innocents raped with napalm fire

It's not so dystopic in some parts of the world yet.

I know but I was just talking about "futuristic" settings in general. Modern science has shown that lot of ideas people had back then aren't actually feasible.

>Smart criminals know how to unlock those fancy electronically locked cars and then simply drive away with their loot.

Yes but that's mass produced stuff, not an individual house.

And the issue with the idea of foreign governments working with organised crime is that many organised crime orgs tend to have a very strict "don't shit where you eat" mentality. And they hate it when street thugs call attention to their areas. So the people robbing random houses are usually (from my experience) disconnected from real organisations or they're operating far afield.

It's honestly utopian compared to today's horrific fall of Rome.

Sure, they can learn. Usually on devices that don't have such a consumption-geared UI and allow content creation and tinkering on. There's no technical proficiency to be had using a phone since it's literally a tool for consuming content.

The kids who will be programmers in 10 years probably took all their first steps on phones now my dude.

The programmers in 10 years will be neutered "app" idiots who couldn't do anything outside of a browser environment.
Phones are extremely hostile to hobbyists.

which one?

>The programmers in 10 years will be neutered "app" idiots who couldn't do anything outside of a browser environment.
That's already today's reality.

it's pretty wild how eclectic and unique everything in the left column looks. almost everything in the right column could have been done by the same studio.

Well, information is actually more valuable the more it is widespread.
It would be in the best interest of the enemy government to provide that knowledge anonymously and to ensure that it reaches as many organizations and free workers as possible. The goal is after all to destabilize the target nation's civil stability.
Heck, by providing that information, you can then later also claim that the government that is supposed to protect you now also knows that stuff and will use it against you despite them claiming that they won't. Obviously, you'd do it through anonymous channels like media in neutral nations or such ones that are somewhat allied, but not too close to the enemy.

>Modern science has shown that lot of ideas people had back then aren't actually feasible.
Not modern science, simple practical need showed that. We don't need flying cars (and even if we did, only regulation would prevent it). Most of what they predicted are definitely feasible, but not pragmatic or useful. The reason for that was that our human interactions with gadgets was predicted poorly.
Lastly, they fucked up by thinking that today's society would be simply a progression of the theirs. The reality is that today is a period of the most significant social change since perhaps the start of the renaissance.
They didn't look to the past (ironically) enough. They could have seen how it would be from patterns of the past, particularly with Rome and medieval Europe, China and Japan.

That's an aspect I think should be introduced to cyberpunk more, rather than mere gadget obsession. Gadgets and social issues are hand in hand today. You can't distinguish them as much as we used to think.

A lot of people don't even know what cyberpunk is. They think it's all Blade Runner ripoffs with neon everyone at night and raining. There was someone yesterday unironically claiming that Lain wasn't cyberpunk for instance. People in here were talking about post-cyberpunk too and I've seen Patlabor classified as post cyberpunk. The genre is larger than most people consider and I'm sure there's still some stuff coming out every year that could be classified as cyberpunk or post-cyberpunk, it's just not neo-80s bullshit.

First steps, like navigating a UI maybe. All the good programmers I've seen got stuff to tinker with growing up like a Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or a cheap Linux/Windows craptop. If you want to talk about it being easier for people getting into technical proficiency, it's the democratization of hardware to the point where stuff like that is dirt cheap. Not phones and tablets.

He’s right. We’re living in an age of huge tech advancements all the time and it’s all so bothersome. A bunch of shitty cultural and societal trends have ruined the modern era and the yearning for the good old days will always be an acceptable form of escapism

Which what? Which fall of Rome?

Cyberpunk is when you have punks with cybernetics.

yeah

Seems like it would be a lot more effective to just, like, invest more in our education system and income equality, so that all the geniuses already being born don't get shafted by a lack of resources and are able to develop to Einstein level.

We are in the age of Isekai. Wait a few cycles and we'll get back to it.

In the long term, yes. But people are always more interested in short term gains, especially the older they get.

this

there was a discussion like this some time ago on /g/ as well, how a lot of people's desktops over the years went from overriced futuristic shit to the same minimalist thing with a loli as your wallpaper. Nerd culture in general shifted from optimism about the future to escapism from the present with an emphasis on comfort over otherworldliness. At the end of the day it's all about the money, and Love Live made hella money.

Having said that, there's always that one usenet post from 1996 complaining about moe that's referenced every once in a while, so this is an ongoing "problem" and not a new thing.

It's not really that wild, considering that's probably what the creator of the picture was going for when he cherry picked all the images.

>Nerd culture in general shifted from optimism about the future to escapism from the present
We're living in the future. We don't like it.

KyoAni killed the medium by popularizing moe.

>almost everything in the right column could have been done by the same studio
I guess if you're blind sure.

I think you could almost branch out cyberpunk into genres 2bh. It's too broad a genre now, hence why people don't realise it's being made. The scope simply expanded more and more over time, so now people just look at the obvious example (Bladerunner) and think it's only that sort of thing.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=0HyEoxOQOV4&list=OLAK5uy_m4di8ZsRC5faXhUd9z1PUzYcYvg9p_YZg

I actually do like it, and at least for the region where I am living, things are mostly improving and getting better.
Could be faster, though. But that's mostly my personal preference.

What if I want moe cyberpunk with lolis?

Attached: Ghost_in_the_Shell_2_Innocence_(2004)_[720p,BluRay,DTS-ES,x264]_-_THORA.mkv - 0005.jpg (1280x688, 145K)

The rubicon crossing, the crisis or the hun invasion?

The moe problem has always been there, but it's just as you said: It's keep getting worse and worse over the years and there will eventually be a monoculture of moe shows and isekai etc., stuff that doesn't require great minds to produce.

>there are actually very few people left who have lived during the war times
Ukraine and Venezuela are ongoing, and we just got done with the disaster that was ISIS

War is alive and well abroad

I doubt there are many geniuses that are held back by lack of money, that's more of a problem for slightly above average people who just want to get a nice job or something, not math wizards who end up with important concepts named after them (gauss, etc). A country like sweden isn't dominating the USA in the production of elite researchers and theorists, even though we get literally PAID to study. Genetics are very important.

Cyberpunk works with the belief that machines/AI is going to bring a radical, drastic change that would be welcomed as a solution to problems but bring more problems with it
That's not the general approach to technology today and especially not in Nihon

Attached: digital technology opinions.jpg (960x684, 68K)

But it ain't terrible world wars where really lotsa people croaked it.

>Love Live made hella money.
theres a guy that has one of the girls from that painted on his car in my neighborhood.

>overriced futuristic shit to the same minimalist thing with a loli as your wallpaper
Actually, some people consider minimalism futuristic. Kid A always comes to mind.

For most people in the west, wages have stagnated, the dating market is brutal, rents are increasing to astronomical heights (especially in the major cities), the political situation is chaotic, technology seems to be nothing more than a pretext to spy on you and sell your information to advertisers, etc. Optimism is quite low. If you think that your future will be worse than an already bad present, why not escape to Gensokyo or Neo-Venezia or Japari Park?

Ya gotta keep up with the changes. That's of course why constant education is important. You don't have to be the smartest and the best. You have to be simply good enough to still be a moving cog that can turn with the rest.

don't worry, we're getting there

Attached: war on terror.png (327x906, 37K)

I don't like living to be honest, the setting is a mere amusement in that regard.

Attached: 1548085163254.jpg (523x523, 114K)

That's not what a trend is. Most trends existed long before they were popularized. After it dies, it doesn't disappear. It will take a few years until the age of the trend makes it cool again.

so the western empire

Nah it will fizzle out because all of those parties are fucking each other and themselves with deep state.
This isn't 1939. Shit's too complicated now.

We've been having proxy wars all the time, but it ain't a hot world war.

Well, that's another thing. 20 or 30 years ago you got your education, and then once you started working there wasn't much more you had to learn. Just a few seminars and small courses here and there, and the rest was on-the-job experience. Now jobs are more unstable than ever, and there's constant pressure to re-skill. It's just more uncertainty; an additional lap in the rat race.

>a group of goat fuckers could rile up the entire "civilized" world
This will probably put me on some list, but bless them.

Oh I forgot byzantine.
Silly me.

Imagine having this shit of a taste. Only proves my point.

I don't disagree with you, but could you provide some examples? I've only been in computer jobs when it comes to big boy jobs that pay salaries, what's it like for other jobs?

Attached: 1547935508145.jpg (300x168, 13K)

Not that guy, but for example truck drivers are on the verge of getting fucked in about 20 years or so when self-driving cars become good enough.

Dont let the mods know you're posting manime

If you post here, you've been on a dozen watchlists for years anyway.

>people having an opinion on cyberpunk without knowing what it is

pathetic

Attached: 46695894_10161052586825305_5334242973817241600_n.jpg (682x900, 66K)

Living dystopia, everything gets filtered, stored forever, and a tiny joke can haunt you any time and ruin your life. It's the internet.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mahou Shoujo Ore - 01 [720p].mkv - 0001.jpg (1280x720, 180K)

Instead of being truck drivers, they could learn how to become automated truck repair guys.

Weird. Seems like 2 years ago I saw cyberpunk more like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=bJGvLLEZQAA

Now it's beginning to feel more like this again:
youtube.com/watch?v=MWCSw_cNxKc
youtube.com/watch?v=YV78vobCyIo
youtube.com/watch?v=wfWMv8Y1V5E

I'm ok with this.

Attached: faae45477c195bede77368bc85d60c8f.jpg (1280x1024, 315K)

Well, you kinda deserve it if you go around telling other strangers about how much you hate [target group you wish bad things to happen].

>using the wrong pronoun can ruin your career
seems more like something out of Kafka.

But don't you see the problem with this? There won't nearly as many automated truck repair jobs as there are truck driver jobs. What are the other dudes supposed to do? Learn to code with the out of work journalists?

How rude of you to assume my gender.

#LearnToCode

Got you covered.

Attached: pH0slluB_o.jpg (550x678, 206K)

I want to prolong my life enough with new age medicine to see it all fully realized, imagine watching anime all alone on yet another rainy day in a shitty neon city

Attached: 1546715462708.jpg (900x900, 82K)

Specialize in repairing a specific thingy that the automated trucks need.
Or specialize in repairing the machines that automatically build the automated trucks.
In the end, ya still need people maintaining and building the hardware, and we're not going to have artificial general intelligence with functional bodies for a long while.

Cyberpunk died in the late 90's everywhere because the internet became popular, and stopped becoming a tech guys wet dream.

Pity not even 2% of the pop know how to code.

>stopped becoming a tech guys wet dream.
Bullshit, we need to make the internet great again.
Oh fuck I just quoted that cancerous meme.

Attached: 296fbc136e04f8ca59c5f31a853949e4.jpg (750x939, 208K)

Transhumanists seeking to escape the frailty of the human body are still dreaming about it.

Attached: 1543361300508.jpg (800x777, 178K)

I want to be bounty hunter but the fucking cunts made guns illegal.
Guess I need to break the law then.

You know, we still have enough cyberpunk-themed shows every year here and there.
There's for example Ninja Slayer from Animation, which despite having magical ninja warriors with mystical ninja souls, still was set in a cyberpunk setting.

honestly with how many jobs machines can replace , it seems universal income is the only way to avoid creating a sitution like in Metropolis

You know they can nearly manufacture parts of organs already. It's less a matter of will it happen, more a matter of when.

Why not just be a normal private eye and letting the cops handle the shooting and apprehending of your prey?

I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Attached: Ghost_in_the_Shell_2_Innocence_(2004)_[720p,BluRay,DTS-ES,x264]_-_THORA.mkv - 0004.jpg (1280x688, 100K)

Attached: 1551996030099.jpg (4576x2000, 1.85M)

>universal income
That's a whole different can of worms, although I will say that many proponents of universal income seem to expect the singularity to come a lot faster than might reasonably be estimated.

Because we're already living the cyberpunk.

Mate, states are becoming obsolete if you didn't notice how little they get through parliament that actually impacts us.
You can make law after law, but you can only enforce so much.
Cops will go back to dealing with the more important basic issues in our cities perhaps.

Either that will happen or Caesar will finally cross the Rubicon.
Win win?

Attached: c5a7d5038befab4bf910c5dea13b4310-d6sdu20.jpg (748x1069, 226K)

We’re already living in the cyberpunk era and it’s not as cool as advertised.

The first and most important thing for a functional society is that stuff on community level works, so ya gotta participate in communal level decision-making, before advancing to the state and then superstate level, where things move a lot slower, as more interests are being affected.

dropout robotics engineers selling backalley weaponized prosthetics in ghettos when?

That can be part of the charm

why not instead just do with what happened when mass production became a thing people work less hours a week.
people went from working 60 to 80 hour weeks to 40 hours a week ,
so we can just go to working 20 hour weeks and the reduced labor need gets distributed among the population.

It's all going to be consolidated in a select few, perhaps an emporer.
Whenever states with democracies get too large, it turns to dictatorship.
We're bordering on that.

The problem is, most of the time the dictator usually does some massive intervening act to get there. That sounds like potential trouble soon.
I just don't buy accelerationism. It's bullshit. We've been "accelerating" since civilisation began. Not once has anarchy been sustained.
Hence our cyberpunk future will be like the Roman Empire with guns and gadgets. Or perhaps a Greek oligarchy with tech wizards?... wink wink.

It's also an oxymoron. Hence the joke.
The underworld is not sustainable without a sizeable overworld. Hence why death is the future or dictatorship... with gadgets.

>accelerationism
i dont understand what that is.

Accelerationism is when you shoot up a mosque and kill 50 people in hopes of having your own government desperately pass laws that would worsen the social unrest society is currently experiencing.

Attached: 1485136464910.jpg (620x453, 46K)

When new technologies appeared people had romantic fantasies about them but by now they learned that they don't actually change that much in society. They just give people small cubes in their pockets that make communication easier.

Eh, democracies where the citizens are too lazy, too uninterested, too passive to vote, too cowardly to take responsibility (despite democracy allowing everyone to share the blame), and too much interested in handing the thinking to one single guy deserve to turn into shitty dictatorships.

>Being this be stupid.

intentionally making things worse so societal downfall occurs sooner.

That does improve quality of life, though. And that's what technology ultimately must do. Especially since the tiny cubes can also allow us to read books, watch movies, take photos and videos and so on.

Something corporations or CIA niggers made up to pretend that a situation where people break the law indefinitely will be obtainable or alternatively the "deepening (i.e. removal of restrictions)" of capitalism to make social change
All that's going to happen is a continuation of empire with a more powerful figurehead.
We have no mongols or huns to stop this machine. Only the machine will change itself.

Corporations might not like this though.. as they may all be put on spikes in the process.

All it is doing is making it fucking harder.
It was the worst idea.

Attached: 1540343087876.png (933x544, 397K)

Some decades ago, people were happier, not depressed, and they were thinking ,,woah, wouldn't this grim, dark setting of cyberpunk be TOTALLY COOL?" and were just playing creatively with idea, not treating it seriously - it's going to be in the future they will probably not see it, after all, and future will look better anyway, right?

Nowadays, people have loads of issues - expensive rent/cost of building house, after paying bills you don't have money left to save, so you stay in the same spot. Families broken, community atomized, almost everyone is loner nowadays, and don't even know their neighbor. Racial and ideological tensions, terrorist attacks, rampant nihilism, middle/low class became wage-slaves, spending more hours at work instead of with family. Darkest visions of future from cyberpunk is gradually happening, and future is actually not hopeful at all. It feels like before first World War, honestly. After work, you just want to pop in the chair and watch something positive instead, just to forget about everything. One of the reasons why moe is popular, and there's some isekai coming out every season; it's simple escapism.

Mate, if you had a heart attack in the middle of nowhere with no phone, like you did in the past, you would die.
Today you might somehow survive.

>Some decades ago, people were happier,
no they weren't

Sure, but having slight conviniences is not that romantic so there's no point in fantasizing about it.
Write a novel about that then, see how many people care.

>It feels like before first World War, honestly
This. It just feels like we went back 100 hundred fucking years. It was complete lunacy and idiotic optimism.
Now we are stuck in the war machine again.

People thought we'd break free and we'd all run away like free birds.
No. We just return to the old ways.

but the people who want to turn it into a shitty dictatorship are the ones going out of their way to make the citizens as apathetic and passive as psychologically possible, and have collectively spent trillions of dollars researching the best ways to do this, including ideological sinkholes designed to trap anyone who thinks they've figured out how to beat the system .

Storywriters should keep writing cool fantastic stories about future societies with nice gadgets that will allow engineers and inventors to visualize what they should build to make life even better.

People weren't as in debt or as broke. So yes they were happier.
Do you really think people were just as miserable in the great depression than as they were in the 20's? No. They were happier when they weren't fucking broke.

worries in the past: starving to death, freezing to death, dying in the plague or tuberculosis, dying in a war or rebellion because they constantly happened everywhere
worries now: some pseudointellectual wank you read on reddit on your computer while eating pizza in your warm and safe room

not him but I disagree. at least in the US, the '90's were a much better time.

Then talk about it, so that knowledge about such methods are spread, and the 30 to 40% of people who do tend to vote in democracies know what to do.
Ensure that information is spread.

It get's worse, it's creating a machine where I don't even see criminals escaping from. It's become mad to the point where the elites now feel the weight of their poor judgements.
It was lunacy, stupidity and human ignorance that forced the planet into a spiral of shit, thinking it would free us.
Nonsense, it just put us into a spiral of shit. Now we're back to where we were a hundred years ago.

Storywriters didn't write about smartphones and amazon delivery drones because it's boring as shit. But that's what people want, boring everyday conveniences, they don't want fucking mecha brainbugs and iron golems that make the world dark and grimy because "that's like, so cool".

Technology did not free us, it made us into complete slaves and that is why cyberpunk is dead.

I prefer steampunk anyway

80s and 90s were literally the time of economic miracles in most countries. Fall of communism, reunification of the German nations, economic boom in Japan, pre-Internet communities. The future looked bright. The 90s were probably some of the 10 most hopeful and optimistic years in human history.

In the first world? Absolutely. The average person was happier in the early post-war decades

It's the people's own fault for believing that they should have three cars, two fridges, two sets of television and gym membership that they never will use anyway.
People in the western industrialized nations have too much worthless crap around for the sake of fitting in or losing the overview.
Like for example all those buyfags who believe that they should buy physical media of animu, instead of just watching that stuff once and then forgetting about it.

>not steam-cyberpunk

Attached: steamcyberpunk.jpg (1400x989, 471K)

>not biopunk

>I wish the world wasn't about money

>It's the people's own fault for believing that they should have three cars, two fridges, two sets of television and gym membership that they never will use anyway.
Bollocks, the elites fucked us all in the ass thinking they were doing a favour.
Fuck em.

Attached: 9e5aaae45d282e712cf22545979cccedfcd85e8729d53b37dc6759d0fd783562.png (558x561, 293K)

>Storywriters didn't write about smartphones and amazon delivery drones because it's boring as shit.
They don't focus on it, but they do write that such stuff exists as a minor detail. And then some smart nerd reads that scifi or cyberpunk story and then thinks
>hey, that minor detail is kinda cool
>I'm gonna invent it for real
Sharing ideas is how we get here.

I was gonna comment something like this too, but he did qualify it with
>Some decades ago

From what I've heard through personal accounts, the social climate was also much more optimistic before 9/11, though I don't know how true that really is with all the shit going on in the 90s. I always thought it was an interesting point, but I wasn't even fucking conscious then to verify how true this was.

Attached: 1527261294465.jpg (817x657, 108K)

Just get rid of that old shit that you've never used and never will use anymore anyway.
Let it go.

90's were definitely more optimistic. Berlin wall was destroyed, commies got out from Europe, we got computers and TV in color, future looked so bright. And life was much, much easier. You could be ignorant about everything political, and lead happy, naive life.

Attached: 1553931987695.png (465x235, 136K)

I just miss 80s sci fi ideas.

I think I remember reading about how many people in Rome didn't notice Rome had fell even though it had already capitulated.
You're going to feel it soon.
I'm already looking at my situation with horror because the effects are already there for me.

>90s
>color TV
A couple decades late for that, user.

Well, now we live in interesting times again.
Which is a apparently a chink term for
>aww fuck, this is gonna blow

>the social climate was also much more optimistic before 9/11
In the US, it's 100% true. There were some terrorist shit before then of course, but that was the one that made the average person aware of crazy ass jihadists. Also the US moved to create its massive surveillance state shortly after that.

>Let it go.
Fuck you. Burn everything.

Attached: 1506031421090.png (473x571, 273K)

And by now they realised that the stuff they focus on is clearly nonsense, and writing about a minor detail is not that interesting.
Not really, it's rather just a natural progression. When you need to send a message to another town you have to pay a carrier, but that's expensive and slow, it's cheaper to use a pigeon, but that's also expensive and slow and this went on until the current state of communication systems. People needed them so they got made, not because someone wrote a novel.

>ITT

Attached: Fuckdapolice.png (853x480, 214K)

Some decades ago my country was still an absolute shithole, my mom as a child ate meat like once a month and the rest it was onions and bread. Maybe if you talk about a specific part of the united states you can wringe out something but overall in the world happiness has greatly increased.

>but that was the one that made the average person aware of crazy ass jihadists.
Bollocks, that's a media spun meme.
The media are pushing bullshit like never before and they need to all be hung.

it certainly was a lot better. I hate the post-ironic hell our society has become

Okay so anime industry is perfect, does nothing wrong and if you think otherwise you are not real Yea Forumsnon, right?

I don't see the contradiction. The media covered 9/11 extensively and constantly. That was what made the average person aware of Islamic terrorists. Before then, no one gave a shit.

Of course they don't need to write about minor detail, as minor detail now exists and is real.
Now they simply need to write about other stuff that has new minor useful detail.

Even if that was true they didn't notice because they didn't give a shit. Rome is still there, the people are still there. A person who was making apple wine in the roman empire was still making apple wine after it fell. Worst case your shop burns down in the war, but your shop can burn down at any day because of an accident anyways. Not much really changes in your day to day life so there's not much point in worrying about it.

I really hate how people seem to think your being ironic, but you're totally fucking serious and they just assume you're just some clown.

Attached: 1532678228725.png (500x494, 359K)

that's because your country was a shithole before. it's gotten better for those countries and worse for the countries that were doing well before, and most people here are from countries that were doing well before.

user, we live in a capitalistic society. If everyone went and let their money rot in the bank, nobody would consume anything, which would lead to decline of the economy, which would further lead to decreasing wages, until you can't buy food anymore.

I may need bed.

Huh, so the US citizens really fell for the terrorist threat bullshit? Propaganda is so easy.

>user, we live in a society

Attached: mindblown__d23.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

Cyberpunk as a genre came to be at a time when there were very sudden technological advancements and this made people fantasize about the effects of it in the future. The future they fantasized about was 2015-2017, now those years have past and nothing crazy happened. Life got somewhat more convenient and that's about that, this killed the buzz and interest around cyberpunk. Because now everyone is aware that technology will just provide small everyday conveniences and that's that.

>Life got somewhat more convenient
Best joke in this thread.

Attached: 1532051439883.png (500x519, 114K)

>patriot act
>war in Iraq
>arab spring
No fucking shit? I mean I don't care about blowing up sandpeople, but the idea we have to go fight their moronic wars for them burns me up everytime I think about it.

Oh boohoo you're sad because you read some stupid shit on reddit about nihilism so the world is over. But who gives a shit that life has greatly improved for 90% of the world, get over yourself teen.

>Anyway, there was going to be another blade runner anime sometime soon, I recall.
News?

I can watch Japanese streams on my tablet all day during my boring job so I'd say that it got pretty convenient for me.

If your country was a shithole, it's not a surprise it got better nowadays

But we all see Western decay and countries slowly falling apart. How many weeks already passed with those protests in France? History is being made while we are looking - and loads of fun, fun times ahead as well, enjoy your ride.

Remember, losing is !!fun!!

90% of the world is in shithole countries, and 90% of the world makes less money in a month than the median person here makes in a day. why the fuck should i care about them?

How would it be like in real life if someone like Punisher starts being a thing?

>How many weeks already passed with those protests in France?
That's just normal shit in France. And it's macaroni's own fault anyway.

You wouldn't believe the crap our societies currently believe.
My parents totally thought Russian spies hacked the election.
My parents, while saying that, would completely rule out CIA intervention if that were the case. Doubt.jpg
I mean it's not like the CIA would ever assassinate a president with connections to an "enemy state" .. oh sorry John and Martin Luther, we didn't mean it.

Ey, commie countries maybe had it worse, but hey, we got whole package a little bit later.

You also had to pay 3x the amount of money weekly because of inflation with little salary increase.

Attached: 1532129700614.png (640x400, 190K)

Get rid of the stuff that you definitely don't need anymore and shouldn't pay for maintenance, and you can still have enough money to conveniently eat stuff and watch porn for free all day.

>there's protests in France
Wow what an unusual event, this is truly the sign of the end times.
You don't have to care about anything but you'll sound like a retarded spoiled teenager if you say stupid shit like that.

It wouldn't be without national defence influence. Even then he would just be pissing into a sea of piss.

There's no escape from rent constantly going up and up though. Well, I guess you can move bumfuck in the middle of nowhere but then there's no jobs.

We're already living in a cyberpunk world, user.

Not where I live. Next closest town is 2000 km away and it's also fucking expensive.
Try again.

doesn't change the fact that salaries / wages haven't risen commensurately with increases in productivity and inflation.

>My parents totally thought Russian spies hacked the election.
They most likely did have some influence in it. Anyway, kudos to the rushkies for being meme'd into being able to hack the entire interwebz and turn facebook into the ultimate anarchy tool just by using a few shitposters.

More like a pre-fallout world.
At most.
>I'm ok with being a ghoul

Dunno about that but I know that I eat good meals three times a day and watch stuff I enjoy from the other side of the planet with ease. This is the most convenient and fun time in human history so if you whine you should really just get over yourself.

No, I'm just being realistic. Everyone from those shithole countries wants to come to that 10% of the world because of the income gap while not giving a fuck about what it affects in those countries. I'm just returning the sentiment.

>They most likely did have some influence in it.
Yeah, all governments did.
That's the point. It's a mess.

Perhaps changing employers might do the trick. Alternatively, learn a new trade in the meantime so that you have more options available.

Dude I can't get a job.
I'm a fucking NEET.

Please, retard, my company lost a factory in fire two years ago in France, it was supposed to be running just fine last year

We still need to do their production because they never managed to fix it because of those protests, they just can't get materials delivered. I can only imagine everyday reality is much, much worse.

Attached: 1551907380976.gif (500x500, 217K)

Then turn yourself into a cyborg.

I once worked in an insurance law firm.
You have no idea how fucked finance is. The gambles people make with millions of dollars is absolutely mind blowing... especially when they were retarded gambles and could impact the local economy big time.

Attached: 1541325920416.jpg (600x338, 61K)

You can close your borders if you don't want immigrants but instead you send recruiters here constantly because your people are too lazy and spoiled to work. Literally if I wanted I could go to western europe or america in 2 days with my travels and lodging covered because the recruiters here are so desperate to ship workers over.
I do physical labour for minimum wage, the job ad said "no experience or skills required" and they hired me on the spot. And I don't whine, I watch streams on my tablet and the days go by fast.
The french were always unreliable retards, you should've learned this by now.

please, don't try this at home, kids.

>I do physical labour for minimum wage, the job ad said "no experience or skills required"
where?
I've seen custodian ads that require certain years of experience.

>just become a robot

Attached: 216.png (453x450, 48K)

Because the future those anime talked about actually arrived and its fucking dissapointing. We don't have a shit.
We got all the boring stuff, like poverty, pollution corporations controlling the world through economy, but none of the fun stuff like flying cars, cyberbodies, functional android girls...

Attached: __nier_series_and_etc_drawn_by_shinya_komi__1342536a514ce49b6aa13c3e00d4a073.jpg (1533x1312, 415K)

>The french were always unreliable retards, you should've learned this by now.
Hey man, don't bully the frogs. They have baguettes and Janettes.

I bet some mad man will try.
I've always thought, might as well try, gonna kill myself anyway even if I didn't try.

Dorkbots are cute

>You can close your borders if you don't want immigrants
I would in a heartbeat but unfortunately politicians and big corporations can't say no to cheap labor.

>We don't need flying cars
traffic is getting so out of control in big cities someone needs to have a game changing solution.

>I do physical labour for minimum wage, the job ad said "no experience or skills required" and they hired me on the spot.
Dude I actually have a degree and now they won't hire me because you need another certificate on top.
Then 2 years of experience.

I can't be fucked living in this joke of a world.

>too lazy and spoiled to work
people will work, just not for shit tier wages. internationalism has ensured that corporations don't need to offer fair wages when they can just import a workforce with lower standards.

Just improve public transports and convince people to stop being dingus morons who all should have their own cars.

We need a big war

Oh the cheap labor that you can't compete with because they take a wage so low they barely afford fucking clothes?

Moving traffic to the skies wouldn't fix anything and if anything would probably cause more accidents and make plane travel more difficult. Airspace security is still a thing and having millions of flying cars cluttering airspace wouldn't work and wouldn't be allowed. And you'd still need lanes in the sky or else you'd probably kill half the population in mid-air collisions. Planes have really strict travel lanes too and can't just fly wherever they want.

Well, if you guys ain't willing to participate in unions, then that's what you get and what you deserve.

I don't disagree that most people here are lazy as fuck, given we have so many stupid candidates running on platforms that give out free shit to people. Also the recreational drug use in this country is fucked to hell. But as mentioned you niggas are cheap and desperate for anything beyond your current situation so our corporations love importing you by the boatload. I would love to close our borders.

we've been talking about it and been doing everything we can think of since the 60's. and each time we think we figured it out we realized we were stuck in another impotent ideological sinkhole

Just kill all the people.
Problem solved.

I'm a smart.

Attached: elf subhumans.jpg (422x493, 71K)

America, China, Japan and Europe already went and duked it out in two World Wars. Before I WW, every nation was looking down on their opponents, greatly underestimating them, envisioning swift and easy victory. We now understand how foolishly optimistic this idea was, and we understand war nowadays should be avoided at all costs.

But some backwater Muslim retards were fucking goats instead and never experienced this tragedy. They have no fucking idea. And they make the same fucking mistake we were doing 100 years ago - looking down on unfaithful, envisioning swift victory against West. And obviously, we will have to teach those retards a lesson the hard way; after several millions of dead Muslims, then and only then, they will also understand. Maybe.

Attached: 1552249281556.png (593x581, 415K)

In my case, I compete with H1Bs who have driven wages way down in the field, but yeah that definitely happens as well.

>But some backwater Muslim retards were fucking goats instead and never experienced this tragedy.
And they were getting some pussy too.
Just kidding.

I'm not gonna tell you where exactly I live but it's a city with the population of about 1 million in a pisspoor third world country like I said.
But I could literally go and work in the US or Sweden right now so I'm sure you have the same jobs available for you.
Well then your country obviously disagrees with your sentiment, and it's not the immigrants' fault. When they get recruited this aggresively then it's the importing country's responsibility. I think I saw an article too recently that said that 30% of the local workforce has migrated already.
For some minimum wage physical labour? I doubt it, also it's minimum wage in a shitty poor country so that's like 600 american dollars I get a month.
Fair this fair that, at the end of the day you're just saying that you're too spoiled and entitled to work.

Well duh. It's an eternal arms race. But knowing about it already gives you options to simply be prepared for that shenanigan.

There are people earning $100 an hr doing nothing but signing things.

>Well then your country obviously disagrees with your sentiment
On paper we elected a guy that would at least crackdown on illegal aliens, but he hasn't done shit (some of it his fault; some of it is the retarded system's fault).

>some of it is the retarded system's fault
ALL of it.

This, we live in a shit version cyberpunk, in cyberpunk humanity accomplished great feats like traveling to the stars or creating complex IA on par with human intelligence, but our world iis just an empty vacuum without any kind of motive to feel proud of, we are just in an state of spiritual surrender , normies do drugs and parties and we're here beyond the point of no return, we're closer to people physically than ever but we're alone in a bubble, sheltered from other with the bonds that make society work tearing apart, the part of population that is childless and virgin is growing every year

>unions
For the most part, they're totally useless now. The bosses just line their pockets with your paycheck and do nothing for you.

>Fair this fair that, at the end of the day you're just saying that you're too spoiled and entitled to work.
as long as you're aware that you're bottom feeding scum bringing the standards of living down for decent people. the system wouldn't work this way if people just had self respect, unlike you.

That guy was always part of the system. But the amerigoblins deserve it for not wanting to reform it ever, despite knowing that it needs to be reformed, wanting it to be reformed, seeing that it needs to be reformed.
Because in the end, status quo is apparently still more preferable.

What I really miss are those anime that mixed fantasy, mythology, cyberstuf and postapocalypse-
Like Madara, Arion, Lunavarga, Amon Saga, Mozaika. Gaiarth...that sort of stuff.

Attached: (OVA) Dragoon Legend 2 (LD 640x480 WMV9 QB90 24fps).avi_snapshot_02.45_[2011.07.24_23.05.01].jpg (640x480, 54K)

If the unions are useless because the union speakers are all corrupt, and nobody did anything to stop it, then you deserve it, plain and simple.
It always hits the right people, the ones who don't want to ever assume any kind of responsibility ever.

>"War" on terror
kek, what a fucking joke

The president isn't some all powerful ruler, if the country doesn't agree with a sentiment then it won't go through regardless of who's the clown in charge.
I don't do shit why are you snapping at me, I work 30 minutes away from the house where I grew up. I haven't migrated, I'm just saying that there's people who will happily do shitty jobs for 600 bucks a month and then there's you who's above all and deserves better.

>I'm not scum, I'm just defending the scum
just as bad

And too much white, not enough darkness and neon.

Well like I said, at the end of the day you're just too lazy to work and this is somehow the system's fault. But I suppose it is the system's fault that you ended up being so spoiled and entitled.

>The president isn't some all powerful ruler, if the country doesn't agree with a sentiment then it won't go through regardless of who's the clown in charge.
It's entirely his fault that we still have catch and release policies. Also there was no reason to give in on the family separation thing just because some media people were crying about it.

You should convince your local politicians to enforce rules so that the scum get paid the normal standard wage for your region. But if you don't wanna do that because you're too lazy or some other excuse, then, well, you deserve it.

This. This so much.

This isn't the 60s. We don't have the kind of growth in the economy that can allow for constant wage increases. This also isn't the 20s. Pretty much every worker in almost every field is already protected by law and has decent rights. Unions are good for nothing.

Dunno, sure, either way there's no point in blaming the immigrants when there's recruiters from rich countries coming here and telling people that they'll take them to another country where they get 3 times the wage for the same job with traveling and lodging covered.

Well, that´s wrong... science fiction has ALWAYS been an extrapolated depiction of the real. The unreal is the domain of fantasy. So according to that logic (Bradbury´s logic mind you) cyberpunk is what people feared the world would become. More often than not cyberpunks are about people resisting the world they live in, hence the punk. As a matter of fact the punk ideology is marked by the young being frsutrated and discontent with how the system works (all those things you mentioned like having crappy jobs or not being able to pay rent and so on) that´s why on cyberpunk dystopias are often corporative and there is all that symbolism about living on a constant night or trapped in a city with skycrappers so high you can´t see the sun.
The chiaroscuro illumination of tech noir is what you would call intertextual. The point of such illumination is to reference the classic noir films which in turn are associated with a time of great economical crisis.

That said it´s all become meaningless now that people can´t understand what the genre was trying to do and think "they do it because it looks cool". Add to that that the punk elements of it where snuffed out by the corporations when they tranformed it into just another product.
Consuming sequels of cyberpunk product is the equivalent of using Che Guevara t-shirts. It misses the point entirely.

This is also the answer to OP´s question. Cyberpunk is gone or have become subpar because it no longer represents anything. It´s just an aesthetic spectacle now.

that will never happen, because those industries make campaign donations (bribery) with the intent to keep these politicians in their pocket. it only becomes a problem for them once public outcry becomes overwhelming.

>Bradbury´s logic
come for think of it people using electronic devices to listen to music non stop did end up being true.

>it only becomes a problem for them once public outcry becomes overwhelming.
Well then, make sure that this happens, instead of just shitposting on the internet how everything is pointless.

>We don't have the kind of growth in the economy that can allow for constant wage increases.
we would if the 1% paid their damn taxes. you got megacorporations reporting record profits yet they somehow can't afford to pay their employees a thriving wage.

There's a joke in our country about that, it says that if old commies resurrected the first they would kill would be the modern left and the unions because the right, for, them are just enemies but the modern left are both enemies and traitors

Please, you just don't understand our perspective.

Most migrants don't have any self-respect for themselves, are incredibly servile, can't speak properly and need some translator to help. They can be easily fucked over by employer, and translating guy. In the end, there's 15 slaves sitting in a house supposed to be for 4 people. Wages instantly drop down, because these retards will accept every wage, and be actually happy while being screwed over. Am I supposed to sleep on the floor with 15 other people and eat every second day only because there's actually slave in my country, happy doing just that? My best option then is to find way, way better job and leave slave labor for actual slaves. And that's what is precisely happening in West, or happened in Brazil. But not everyone is going to be professor either, right? Some guys are only good enough for manual labor, and now it's being taken by super-cheap guys from some shithole country. Those guys wouldn't survive on shitty pay, so their option is to live on welfare instead. And more problems are being made than solved this way - uneducated low-class on welfare is going to be den of criminality. This means also even less people working, and even more people needs to be imported. Bigger welfare means more taxes. Only because migrants don't want to earn proper salary and don't stand up for their rights.

Attached: 1550993629123.gif (318x400, 538K)

Fags ruin everything

Biopunk is the future.

So in summary you're too entitled and lazy to find happiness. Especially if you know that you're only good for physical labour why do you expect to be put on a pedestal just because you were born in a certain place.
The world is tough, you don't get a free ticket to life because of your place of birth. Either improve yourself so you don't have to worry about doing shitty minimum wage jobs or just deal with it and take what you can get.

Taxes tend to take away growth. You can cross your fingers and hope that the government will use that extra revenue to benefit you in some way, but it's more likely they'll just pay for the healthcare of some illegal alien instead.

>you got megacorporations reporting record profits yet they somehow can't afford to pay their employees a thriving wage
This one depends. Certainly, there are some big corporations like Amazon that can absolutely pay their workers more. But they won't because they don't really have to. Thousands of workers went on strike not too long ago and pretty much nothing happened. Common people just can't compete with a powerful multinational corporations.

>sold like shit
Ironic and fitting.
money kills art

It's hard to stand up for your rights when ICE is always lurking around the corner ready to deport your ass back to mootxico if you so much as jaywalk. But you're right that they should, and we would benefit from helping them do so.

Attached: 5FCF8B3B-2CB1-4FE7-A21C-FA24D862FFDB.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

Well, obviously, that is still fine with the vast majority of your nation, because even the poorfags living on welfare somehow still profit from having their jobs being done by foreign workslaves who are fine with living in cramped houses.

well it was a nice thread while it lasted,
laters

There's something special about stories like Deus Ex, isn't there?

fallout is post apocalyptic.

You do realize that reaction images are (You), and not the person you're replying too?

Are people actually taking that guy's manifesto seriously? He was just an attention whore who wanted to get www.MEMED.com on iFunny, nothing more.

>dude you should sleep on the floor with 15 other guys, you're lazy. And eat only every second day
>dude just ignore your fellow countrymen, if they are not as smart as you they should just die off and be replaced by ooga-boogas from shitholistan, fuck retards amirite?
>implying I am working manual, basic work

Of course I'm feeling entitled, shithole retard! Our ancestors worked hard, died in wars, and they sacrificed a lot so their children will have it better. It is then my DUTY to honor their efforts, use the capital I was given from them, and add my own input over their work - for my kids to have easier life, too!

And that means kicking out all immigrants. Well, my country doesn't have this issue, so I'm just going to eat popcorn and watch inevitable race war in the West; I'm going to gracefully accept and protect the gift of my forefathers and live in peaceful country.

Attached: 1545869971208.png (600x1000, 453K)

You are going to be surprised how many people took it seriously. But it won't happen overnight - terrorist attacks take time to prepare. I think after 6~12 months we will start getting some well-planned attacks of various nature, one after another, and then it will only skyrocket into race/religion war, Balkan style.

Attached: 1550806542139.png (222x212, 54K)

What government's don't try to influence things that would benefit them? It's laughable when the same governments who spent over a century marauding around the third world installing puppets and bragging about helping Yeltsin elected start crying about someone else placing some ads on facebook.

>this thread

Attached: 1528798560008.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Because we live in a cyber world that is not what we expected. So now anime is about what we desire and lack, cuteness.

I don't know Japanese, but that ,,Unity" band translation should be probably Solidarity instead, you know, Solidarność in Poland? I think this joke went over unnoticed because of shit translation.

Is Kaos cyberpunk?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Comic Girls - 12 [720p].mkv - 0015.jpg (1280x720, 194K)

It's a simple machine, make your dreams in to a reality.

blessed thread, it's still worth it to visit this shithole for these kind of discussions

I hope you are posting from Somalia, because if you are laughing at the US for buying into police state surveillance while posting from any country in the EU,there's a quote about stones and glass houses you should look up.

you bet. she's a solo.

Attached: 1540888727616.png (500x500, 190K)

"団" just means group/body. I think "糸吉" is probably a reference/name to some historical figure or group, but I don't know for sure. I don't think "unity" is a subtitle but rather part of what's on the headband given that it fits perfectly in the space.

it's a proof cyberpunk is for intellectually hungry people thinking about ,,ifs"

and that would explain why it's not so popular nowadays, almost everything is catered to masses after all.

On a side note, VA-11 HALL-A is fucking solid entry, and quite fresh as well.

One thing's for sure, the nations most likely turning cyberpunky first with complete police surveillance everywhere in the big cities will be the US and China. Depending on which model will be more successful for the 21st century, the rest of the world will then follow the winner.
I currently give the planned social credit system a bigger chance of being useful and effective than the US methods.
Perhaps Japan will then make a cyberpunk animu that handles that theme.

Solidarność (eng. Solidarity) was historical group which started whole fall of communism thing, and they were workers protecting their rights. The thing Akko was actually doing. It has to be it.

The future arrived, and all it brought was mass consumption of media and new ways for the government to spy on us.

Because grimdark pseudointellectual rants about robots, neon lights, trenchcoats, and copypasted Noir cinematography got old in the 90s and anyone who keeps making it is just aping better products? Look for REAL originality.

The absolute level of cope from moefags in denial that their favorite genre and their braindedery caused the decay of anime.

USA is already on the way out, it'll just be another third world Hispanic country that can't get enough money together for mass surveillance. Europe sides with the Chinese over the mutts anyday, so it'll just be Europe and China vs Canada, UK, Australia, and NZ with the other new world countries, the rest of Asia, and Africa being used as offshore material farms.

Because it just doesn't sell like it used to.

Sort of like how in h-animes from the late 90s to mid-2000s there used to be a strong focus on hard bdsm related scenarios.

Certain themes just fall out of fashion.

We already live in the cyberpunk world. As it turns out, literally everyone was wrong. Nobody rebels. They're all on the internet talking about how much they hate corps and capitalism, but there aren't gangs of freedom fighting punks roaming the streets or lone wolf terrorists representing a cause other than Islam. Just feedback loops on the internet where people say communism or fascism will rise to save us from modern suffering, but we all know we'll just remain complacent with what we currently have until its too late.

It's mostly Islamic terrorists killing a bunch of people and then other people reacting to that and killing a bunch of Muslims. It's basically a cycle at this point. But everyone sides with the Muslims and says it's everyone's fault but theirs that they're terrorists and then the people that strike back are condemned and made to represent the rest of the population. But neither ever really amount to anything other than getting in the news for a couple days or weeks before the next one happens. Nothing changes.

spot on

>the nations most likely turning cyberpunky first with complete police surveillance everywhere in the big cities will be the US and China
China sure, but the US, really?
Considering London has 500k CCTV cameras, and police literally arresting people for tweeting something offensive, I'd put the UK up there with China. This isn't to say the US isn't on the same track, but Most European nations is 15-20 years ahead of the curve.

because this isn't reddit fuck off

its not easy to produce and its hard to pull the theme off properly.

>Nobody rebels.
because we're not retarded,
peoples revolutions usually fail and when they don't they almost always bringing about a regime as if not more repressive than the previous one,
with the added problem of also being more incompetent.

Terrorists always win. 9/11 effortlessly turned the USA into a universally despised entity by inciting them into becoming a fascist police state that bosses around other countries. The Christchurch shooting successfully caused worldwide strife and unease and will most likely cause permanent increases in censorship. People just can't ignore them, and that's why they'll always exist.

At least we have the manga.

Attached: k_pandora65_42-1d37e5c3-0ae8-42c3-9b77-25bbf1fb45d5.jpg (1500x2153, 1.28M)

How is it possible for anyone to take it seriously? Everything he did and has done was and is for attention, maximal "kek". Just hearing that he had a manifesto is such a huge sign that "he did it for the lulz". There was a thread a while back on /r9k/ that said "hey, I'm planning on killing a bunch of people, should I write a manifesto"? 0 replies, iirc, it was probably him. If you're not familiar with how the abstract concept of "kek" works, it's not so much laughing as it is having a certain chemical response being triggered in your brain, it's a very similar concept to how people feel when they're being intentionally ironic and asinine. Imagine if someone was doing a shotgun suicide stream, and immediately after he splattered his own brains everywhere, someone typed in the stream chat, "kek". It's not that that user found it funny, but that the user would be trying to instill a feeling of "wtf why would someone type that lol", which is really what "kek" is. Everything this guy had done while in the public spotlight seems specifically intended to instill that feeling upon kekfags. How anyone could take anything he does or is doing seriously is beyond me. Excuse the schizo nature of this post.

90s were an infinitely happier decade for Americans and most of Europe. Communism lost, freedom reigns! The internet will connect us all and end nationalist hatred! The internet will give everyone access to any education they want!
Then 9/11 happened, and so the USA quadrupled down and ruined everything for everyone. Europe might improve, but Americans will never again be able to experience true liberty or happiness. They threw it away.

>9/11 effortlessly turned the USA into a universally despised entity by inciting them into becoming a fascist police state that bosses around other countries.
You think that wasn't going on before? I'm not saying 9/11 was an inside job, but it would totally be within the capabilities and along the goals of the US government if it was.

>Everything he did and has done was and is for attention, maximal "kek". Just hearing that he had a manifesto is such a huge sign that "he did it for the lulz".
user, you don't understand. 99% of the population is incapable of comprehending the density of memes and shit in his manifesto. If you haven't browsed around certain parts of the internet for years, you won't get it. Personally, I think the guy did legitimately do it because that's what he believed in, but I do agree there was definitely a large amount of "for the lolz" factored into it. The "lolz" was meant to inspire other people to do similar acts though. I mean why else would you drive around playing "remove kebab" before shooting up some muslims? It makes it look funny.

>Europe might improve
UK, France, and Germany are all guaranteed to be shitholes in the future. The likes of Italy and some of the eastern European countries may be OK though.

>drive around playing "remove kebab"
You can't be fucking serious. Did he really do that? Holy fucking shit.

>he hasn't watched it

normalfag eurobeat, should've used a one of the nonstop mega mix albums instead, I give the soundtrack 6.7/10, timing the playlist was better though, perhaps a 7.8/10

Attached: 1553727774998.png (950x1050, 956K)

The fact that I can't think of anything that really captures the absurdity of modern times is lame. When will the zoomers start cranking out their masterpiece literature?

>186477572
>giving (You)s to a mass killer
(You)tube

This is fucking ridiculous, you aren't entitled to anything by the world. Your ancestor's nation functioned thru its exploitation of poorer nations. Now that things have changed and poorer nations are starting to not be so god-awful, you're getting pissy.
Become more competent and you won't have as many problems.

Give it time.

>When will the zoomers start cranking out their masterpiece literature
Literature has largely been garbage post-WWII anyway. Don't get your hopes up.

>not wanting to know what governments around the world have been censoring
Does watching ISIS videos make you pro-ISIS too?

>unions are good for nothing

You stupid bitch, you actually fell for it.

As usual, Yea Forums doesn't discuss the topic at hand and spergs over retarded politics and non-sequitur blaming (oh, no, moe killed cyberpunk!). What a shit thread.

>pay to join union
>demand better wages
>get fired and get replaced by some foreigner who works cheaper

The thread started with people saying we already live in a cyberpunk hellhole and so nobody is making fiction of it anymore and that's been the topic for most of the thread. Cyberpunk and politics go hand in hand and if you're actually going to talk about cyberpunk you have to involve politics.

>does watching ISIS videos make you pro-ISIS
No, but it's not for everyone, and since I'm not a gorehog or an ebin gaymer, I'll continue to get my info on it from people who've watched that shit themselves.

Cyberpunk is inherently political. Class disparity, corporate and government oppression, free speech, self identification, globalism, etc. are all common themes.

This ain't the union's fault, join a field with strong unions and a high barrier for entry.

Learn how to do complex trade tasks, like high skill welding, electrician work, carpentry, etc.
All of the above are unionized and are skilled trades that pay well while being low-stress.

I disagree. Yea, he did use a lot of memes and made memetic video where he kills a lot of people, and made it look like video game. But memes weren't purpose but a way to a goal. ,,Look, it's easy and fun!" ,,What kind of music YOU will play while doing your own job?". Don't forget the nature of the memes. He made first OC, and other posters will try to come up with something even better, then post it.

He just wanted to incite even more terrorist attacks, thus memes. And I think he was successful.

Yes I'm familiar with the nature of kek, and I feel confused to have meme explained to me on fucking Yea Forums. I'm getting paranoid myself, because it was OBVIOUS how many agents were trying to disprove his attack as falseflag or something else - it just made me believe it was, indeed, real thing.

I read his manifesto, and I'm fairly certain he wasn't doing it for the lulz at all. It's all about the birthrates. He really believes in the cause. And yea, he has now cozy cell in NZ, NEET life guaranteed, so why not.

>Does watching ISIS videos make you pro-ISIS too?
it works on certain type of people, plus the issue of creating an incentive for those doing it for infamy .

>90s were an infinitely happier decade for Americans
This.

We came out the other side of the Cold War and financial mechanics that had been put in motion decades before was coming to fruition for the middle-class.
Shit was far from perfect and nostalgia aside there was still plenty of social/political stuff that needed a lot of work. But the overall mood was truly that of a positive "Wow! Everything might really work out for us!"

>You will never be in New York City in 1999, watching the Y2K ball drop with your friends and family with the feeling of "this will be the best millennium yet!" in your heart

Anime is supposed to be escapism. We already live in a cyberpunk society.

Attached: amazon wagey cagey.jpg (780x1061, 221K)

I was in a bomb shelter.

what comes after cyberpunk

Propaganda works on everyone. The best defense is to see all sorts of different propaganda and recognize the tactics.

Anime can be whatever the producers, aka the corporations and megacorporations who finance it, want it to be.

The world zoomers are growing up in actively encourages making generic clickbait content over original thought. They are even more controlled by corporations than we are. You won't see much in the way of masterpieces coming from them.

Nuclear Holocaust hopefully.

Attached: 1551771305118.gif (225x320, 2.2M)

Anime can be whatever it wants, it's a medium. You can have both hardcore escapism and scary realism, one does not cancel out the other. This mindset that something has to be all or nothing is the biggest reason for the current state of anime, not moe or trends, aside from commericalism.

If I remember well, harems.

that's arrogantly naive

Eh, the oldest zoomer for now, depending on when you believe that the zoomers are born, would be 19 years old, if you go with the idea that AD 2000 is the year of the first zoomers borns and the last of the millennials.

If that happens, humanity will never get a chance to learn from it's mistakes, and create something better for everyone. Even if it never does, why deprive it of the chance to eventually change it's mind, at some scale or another?

Isekai

>a commercial medium can be anything, haha
You need be at least 18 years old to post here.

Attached: 193_BE1_190.jpg (1075x1518, 658K)

Learn about the history of the medium and stop trowing buzzwords you don't understand and pretending anime is fine art.

The other user is somewhat right, though. Knowing how propaganda works and seeing it while being mindful that it is propaganda is the best way to be critical enough and not be persuaded immediately in stupid behavior.

Anime is fine art, user.

Explain further. Educating and exposing yourself on propaganda seems like the best way to recognize it to me. What else are you supposed to do? Pretend it doesn't exist?

There are anime that qualify as fine art. It just rarely happens to be the commercially successful ones.

Just to be clear, I'm from Poland. My country obviously never had any colonies, lost independence, lost 20% of citizens in WW II, and had country and it's capital city in rubble. Of course I'm going to protect what I got from my grandparents - you can suck my slavic dick. I'm entitled to it, suck my dick. Otherwise, gtfo, it's not your country. You're not entitled to anything, work yourself.
>still implying I'm working manual work like a illiterate retard which cannot understand what I am writing
>still implying I should just ignore well-being of my countrymen, and allow replacement of my community simply because aggressive ooga-boogas are cheapier
I'm telling from a experience when I was employed in Scotland as a expert and was helping our company to start-up another factory there. Most Scots in factory were good lads, but had incredibly grim future. Welfare? Emigration? Where? They are already living in 1st world country.

people generally don't use critical thinking and logic to make decisions.

Yeah but then consider that mankind hasn't build a complex machine with even a fraction of the lifetime of a human body

the world is already cyberpunk, but without any of the cool aesthetics

the when is not going to be in your lifetime

Well sure, dumb people are hopeless. But the premise had the built in assumption that the person in question was trying/study learn.

Poland can't into space.

>Implying that's a bad thing
this post was made by a migacuck r*dditoid

>1969 Dororo
>2019 Hyakkimaru
Muh bleak and realistic

Attached: 1385848056538.jpg (755x676, 171K)

The scots could all emigrate to Poland after Brexit finally happens. Unless the English delay it again for the next decade.

"most european nations ahead of the curve"
what you're describing is literally only britain
it's not europe that has the NSA

Attached: 1F1253F928D5419086096A8BD8B5FD0E.jpg (1009x767, 57K)

There's no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

Attached: Techpriest2.jpg (556x880, 102K)

nuclear holocaust wouldn't wipe out humanity, there's not nearly enough nuclear weapons for that. there wasn't enough weapons for that even at the height of the cold war arms race. it'd just be a fresh start.

This graph is so off. What is it now? people who are virgins or people who didn't have sex since they turned 18? Gigantic difference given how the age of consent is 14 in most European countries. and way below 18 in many, many US states.

>Isekai has replaced Cyperpunk and Urban fantasy
It's a sad world we live in.
Atleast magic highschools seem to fall out of favor too

>age of consent
>mattering for teenagers
But yeah that's a horrible graph

women are not needed any more, that's why they are so profusing in removing cute characters from the internet, those vixens want us to return to them, but we wont! 2D is better in every sense

Attached: [SKL-Magnum] Mazinkaiser SKL - 01 [F0E13E21].mkv_snapshot_20.55_[2011.05.31_13.52.58].jpg (720x416, 53K)

Same thing happened in Germany during the refugee crisis. The gov was literally threatening facebook to delete more "inadequate" comments.
In New Zealand, when that thing recently happened, they arrested someone who posted a "bad" meme on the spot.
Information totalitarianism is already here, all over the world.

sure, but only the UK (and mostly just in london) has total CCTV surveillance going on.

Also consensual child to child statutory rape (when two 16 year olds fuck) is widely tolerated and there is no reason to assume that 18 year olds are virgins by default.

is nipland moepunk?

>The gov was literally threatening facebook to delete more "inadequate" comments.
There is nothing inherently wrong with the state applying pressure to companies to be able to uphold the law. It's just that on the internet it's basically futile.

What about an isekai about a boy that is thrown into the future? Or to a parallel cyberpunk world?

After all the only thing that the Isekai premise is necessary is to make the japanese reader empatize with the main character. When it comes to the plot, 99'9% of the isekai the isekai element can be replaced just by saying the MC is really smart

Some Westerners are already doing it. We actually started doing brain-drain on West instead of West brain-draining us - and some Poles are coming back from emigration as well. I pity them though; while Poland is welcoming place, it's just not going to be Scotland, Germany or Sweden. Nothing is going to replace lost culture and fatherland. Going to a shop and talking gibberish Polish just to buy some bread and stuff? At some point, you will just wish to speak your native language and be understood by every one. But it won't happen because your country will be lost, and you are migrant.

Attached: 1547617444371.png (716x570, 251K)

>having "inadequate" comment laws in the first place
This is the state of the west.

pretty much every country on earth will clamp down on death threats etc online

The day will come when mass shooters become a mere manifestation of otherwise silenced voices.

The Show By Rock!! anime is about a cute girl being magically transported into an cute kemonomimi urban fantasy cyberpunk isekai world, where the girl becomes a nekomimi pop rockstar herself.

Attached: 1430082052782.webm (1280x720, 519K)

The US generally doesn't. The only exception is if it's actually a credible threat.

We have the infrastructure (though it's extremely naive to think other nations don't have similar ideas if not yet in practice, already planned out to exploit a political crisis ) but Europe is far more aggressive in actively making certain speech illegal,censorship, threatening companies for hosting content whether it be speech related or "copyrighted" with the Article 13 ordeal.

One of the main features of Isekai is that the MC brings over atleast some part of generally modern or specifically japanese culture or knowledge to uplift the natives.
Just look at this season's slime for a literal case of babaric monsters getting civilised by some random japanese dude.
A far less nationalistic example would be Youjo Senki where Tanya applies her historical knowledge about WW2 and her modern university taught knowledge of logistics to massively improve her status in the military. Though obviously this backfires massively in her case but that's on the author liking tragedies

Low life, cute places.

user I think only the US doesn't have those.

It won't work. Main thing in Isekai is how world resemble a game/historic period, and for MC with some knowledge, it's easy to become a hero. Future setting won't provide ,,easy mode".

I may be surrounded by foreigners that can't even speak English, but at least I still have the constitution (for now).

As long you don't threaten to boycott Israel you'll probably be somewhat okay.

Article 13 is straight up about protectionism of big musicians etc. against google/facebook/etc.
>Europe is far more aggressive in actively making certain speech illegal,censorship
Of course. There is no strong european tradition of free speech.
Fuck as an example take "Die Gedanken sind frei" a student song from the 1800s that directly implies that thoughts are free because no one else can guess them.

also including people who have been 18 for like 3 weeks lol

Mass shooters can be quickly forgotten in our hyperfast media landscape, as people nowadays only remember the latest stuff. American schoolshooting, or that Las Vegas shooter for example aren't being talked about much anymore (except that some survivors committed suicide). American schoolshooting has tragically become a meme about what the world thinks happens in the US all the time. Although the rest of the world tends to forget that the US actually a federation of 51 allied nations.