If Goku Black had used the dragon balls and wished for immortality as Future Zamasu had suggested would they have been...

If Goku Black had used the dragon balls and wished for immortality as Future Zamasu had suggested would they have been unstoppable upon fusion?

Also I don't get why Goku Black didn't wish for immortality, it seemed like foolish pride. Did he think somehow he was going to live forever anyway? He thought of himself as a God after all.

TLDR was Goku Black's refusal of using the dragon balls to wish for immortality the primary reason why his zero mortals plan failed?

Attached: HarmoniousWindyAmericangoldfinch-poster.jpg (640x368, 18K)

Goku would've just had Zeno wipe them out either way. Manga Zamasu was pretty much a perfect fusion since he could infinitely replicate without compromising his power, form or sanity and the same shit still happened to him.

Wouldn't have helped. As long as the Zeno button exists, immortality only hinders, not prevents his defeat.

Can't one just use the Balls to erase Zeno?

thanks doc

It doesn't work when you ask Shenron to do it and it wouldn't work when you ask the super dragon to do it either. Zeno is too powerful.

if he became immortal he would have stopped getting stronger because zenkai's only kick in when you're in a life or death struggle. he effectively got infected with saiyan-ness when he stole Goku's body and it got stronger and stronger the longer more he adapted to his body. he'd rather risk dying than put a cap on how powerful he could get.

and largely, yes. its a running theme through the arc that the more obsessed Zamasu (and Black) become with ningen, the more ningen-like and less godly their actions became, culminating in Fused Zamasu wallowing in meaningless violence and destruction without a care for all the natural beauty he was eradicating up in the process, in a manner even worse than those dino-men he wanted to wipe out at the beginning of the storyline

There is no reason for him not to have wished for Immortality after stealing Goku's body

So Saiyans are effectively inferior beings due to their inherent flaws of lofty pride, so Zamasu just became dumber upon becoming Goku, so it was effectively like an Einstein wishing to switch bodies and mentalities with somebody with down syndrome? So Goku's own body was Zamasu's downfall in a way because it changed his personality and the way he thought?

Why doesn't somebody just wish to become Zeno or to basically switch bodies with him?

More like Goku Nigger.
LOL

He's too powerful is why.

When Zeno erased Zamasu and Goku Black, did the Goku from the timeline that Zamasu stole his body from get his body back and do the characters have memories of Goku Black and Zamasu despite being erased?

pretty much. like,you could quibble whether putting his thought patterns in a saiyans brain changed the way he thought, or if getting exposed to the chemical high saiyans get when overcoming dangerous situations got him too addicted and reduced him to a junkie, but its ultimately the same result. he got the wakuwaku-tisms and stopped thinking straight.

odds are grand priest can rewind time like his children, and isn't limited to a mere 11 seconds. he'd just undo the wish and smite you.
and even if you switched with the grand priest, dude is also kinda obviously the greatest master of ultra instinct so could just whoop your ass using your body while you're stuck with no idea how to use any of his angel powers

Would you say that Saiyans are arguably the most flawed of the races due to their penchant for violence just for fun rather than fighting for resources or power like other beings?

>did the Goku from the timeline that Zamasu stole his body from get his body back
he would have gotten a ghost body of his actual body when he went to the afterlife...maybe
>do the characters have memories of Goku Black and Zamasu despite being erased?
yes, Zeno's erasure isn't retroactive like that. Nobody in the Tournament of Power suddenly forgot about each universe that got erased

LOL

Zeno always came across as a pitiful excuse for a God, Whis seems far wiser than Zeno.

Wow, your observational powers are astounding. What are you doing here while there are so many unsolved crimes in the world? Go now, for the good of mankind!

i'd say its not just their penchant for violence but also how stupidly powerful they can become. it was a genuine blessing that they got wiped out before they could fully master their potential.
>get stronger when they get their ass kicked
>get stronger when they get angry
>get stronger when they really really want to win
>if they go a decent amount of time without almost dying, their potential permanently increases so it can be unlocked next time they really need it
>the more of this potential they've gained, the more potential their children are born with
>can survive absurd amounts of physical abuse that would kill a normal mortal
>can turn into a kaiju ape, can learn to channel that power without becoming a kaiju
>can turn super saiyan, which can be overclocked into even more powerful stages.
>can unlock god ki
>very adept at mimicking moves after seeing them just once or twice

if some genius saiyan actually figured out how all their warrior race traits actually functioned and came up with an 'ideal saiyan lifestyle' including an academy and eugenics program, and restructured their society to fully exploit all those things, you'd have an entire race of super saiyan god super saiyan great ape rage fight addicts that could overwhelm the god of destruction with a small army of just a couple hundred
like, every single fear Frieza and the Galactic Patrol had about the saiyan race was 400% justified. they'd wipe out every other race in the universe without really intending to, and if they found out about other universes they'd immediate go about cobbling together some means of tearing open a hole in spacetime they could pile through to the other universes looking for more strong people to fight, ultimately devastating literally all of creation. and they might even churn out some kinda super ultra freak capable of nullifying Zeno's delet through sheer brute force and killing both him and the grand priest just because they got in their way

Why doesn't someone just wish for the eradication of all Saiyans across all universes, they seem to cause more problems than they solve.

Goku seems to fumble through life like a bull in a Chinese Restaurant fucking everything up everywhere he goes.

>like a bull in a Chinese Restaurant
kek, I meant like a bull in a china shop. I had Chinese food tonight so I guess the food is still on my mind.

Goku has friends in high places that enjoy relying on Goku for stuff
and even then, Beerus has made pretty clear than Goku is on thin fucking ice

Does that indicate the series coming to a conclusion with the permanent death of Goku?

I think more tonally similar to how GT Ended.

Goku gets so stupidly strong he can't flex without damaging reality, and is compelled to accept exile from all creation, which he'll be okay with because he's gotten as strong as he ever will and there's literally nothing left capable of giving him a good fight.

Great answer.

He hasn't reached Goku Black levels of strength so he's got a ways yet to go....

not yet, yeah. obviously it can't happen before EoZ. I'd wager it happens shortly before Uub finishes learning everything Goku has to teach him, so they could make one last movie about Uub achieving Mastered Ultra Instinct to serve as an epilogue, show that things will be just fine without Goku, and tie off any lose ends

And I would wager that even then Goku Black didn't reach the full potential that Goku's body has...

What if Saiyan's developed a more honorable code of honor to live by similar to most martial artists? It'd be easy to convince most of them to follow such a code for pragmatic reasons (i.e "only fight strong opponents means better chance of a good fight means higher chance of getting stronger from said fight, etc")

oh absolutely. that was the biggest whammy dropped by the Broly movie, that its possible even for saiyans without tails to augment their super saiyan forms with oozaru power. meaning literally no saiyan in the series has managed to achieve the full saiyan potential.
anything less than a 'dancing on a pinhead balanced on a tightrope' combination of oozaru power, super saiyan, god ki, and ultra instinct wont be a convincing 'okay this is it, Goku has finally achieved his full potential'
and Toei will want to slap Kaioken on top of that anyway

Zamasu got 2 wishes from Super Dragon Balls. He could have replaced Zeno if he played his cards right. DBS is for homos.

I think even if you did that you'd just get saiyans pairing off into rivalries of people wth as much potential as them, so they always have a 'good opponent' to fight whenever they want. and there is literally no way you could convince saiyans not to fight other saiyans for fun
and you'd still have Turles-like outliers who decide "but I wanna lord my power over people weaker than me, and am willing to abandon my people to do so" that would just fuck off and evade being caught to the best of their ability while being a dick ass pirate

I don't think they can overcome their instinct and I think partially that was Black's psychological undoing, his reason gave way to animalistic Saiyan instinct.

I don't think you can reason with a Saiyan to act against his nature. They're literally apes.