Why does modern anime lack soul?

Why does modern anime lack soul?

Attached: soulless.png (630x891, 1.11M)

it's too self-important, thinks it has nothing to prove

There's a grain of truth to your assertion but

One those threads? One of those threads.

Attached: 1532671096802.jpg (1356x1490, 1.2M)

Assuming OP is bait, isn't it sad that some people really believe a lot of those animes are "soulless"? Ultimately, it's the mark of somebody that has fallen out of love with anime and not moved onto a different hobby or medium. Sad!

I actually agree with most of that picture

NICE BAIT FAGGOT!

Attached: 15357277539.jpg (602x408, 29K)

>HxH
No, fuck you
>Modern Yamato
Alright, yeah it's souless
>FMA:B
Only if you're a gen Z faggot
>Devilman
No
>Dororo
It's bland as an adaptation
>NuLOGH
Yeah, it's shit
>Crystal
Shit too
>CCS
Not as bad as it could have been
>Megalobox
It's "good", but yeah, soulless
>Kino
Literal kino
>Rebuilds
Meh
>Jojo
Something about the adaptations always feels iffy, like come the fuck on, they're adapting it almost panel by panel in some cases yet the feeling is completely different from the manga
>kek le kek
This was shit
>DBS
This is just as good or as bad as the original DBZ. What you think of it will be directly influenced by how much you enjoyed it back then.
>Lupin
Lupin's quality is surprisingly consistent all trough its history. Your gay.

I didn't get a bingo.

Attached: 1554000428334.jpg (1500x1490, 1.72M)

2199 is fine fag. 2202 shat the bed.

>old good
>new bad

A lot of it has to do with the lack of hand-painted cel animation but even then, there's plenty of anime post 1999 that were soulful.
Another part of what makes up soul, for me at least, is the storytelling. My favorite western novels were written prior to the '80s and a lot of my favorite anime got their original incarnations in the same time period (often in the form of manga); that is to say, I found Megalo Box at least partially soulful I didn't care for the ending but I can see why they did it

Your shitpost is what lacks soul, nigger.

Define “soul”

You also have not seen enough anime to be able to score the entire grid.

Just because I haven't seen all the anime on that chart doesn't mean I haven't watched much anime. I know every show (or movie) on there and have little interest watching some of them.

It went the holywood route, with too many remakes and sequels

HxH is from the 90s

Wait, why do niggers call Megalobox soulless? Its AnJ but with *some* mecha arms, and it was quality dramatic writing and build up.

>having shit quality visuals on purpose to evoke nostalgia
>not soulless

Attached: no.jpg (640x604, 104K)

*only* monogatari and haibane are on my 3x3

Lower resolution doesn't mean lower quality, unless you literally refuse to watch anything older than the mid-00s, which I'd assume a lot of Yea Forums does.

Explain your thought process.

Lain is so shit, only retards like it.

Attached: 1552929560251.jpg (685x626, 77K)

Not even a SELfag but what's wrong with being a fan of aesthetics?
Why are others' favorite styles of anime lesser than yours?

I can watch 80s and 90s stuff that is higher resolution than Megalobox. Some people associate shitty VHS quality with old series but if they get proper DVD or bluray releases they don't look like that anymore. Megalobox isn't trying to evoke old series, it's trying to evoke 90s kids VHS nostalgia.

>Megalobox isn't trying to evoke old series, it's trying to evoke 90s kids VHS nostalgia.
Not an argument when Yea Forums celebrates literally everything Trigger is involved with.

Yea Forums is not and never will be Yea Forums

Attached: bigo.png (982x1395, 2.47M)

There are LWA, Gridman, and FranXX threads daily.

>being a fan of aesthetics
I don't care about what you like or dislike. The thing is that most "aesthetics-fags", are just a bunch of insufferable cunts.

>are just a bunch of insufferable cunts
That's every fanbase on Yea Forums

It's a questionable decision, but how is it "soulless"?

Its not, its just a semi-modernized re-telling of something old so its automatically shit in pretentious internet retards' eyes.

"Soulless" is a dumb buzzword. Megalo Box isn't bad, but besides the cool atmosphere it's just AnJ but rushed and watered down. Rikiishi was far more likable than Yuri, and the horror he went through was infinitely more compelling and realistic.

Ergo proxy is so bad

It has top tier aesthetic and that can't be debated, though.

Fuck you Rosso is the only good Miyazaki movie

thanks for the recs

>it's an ITT: overrated shit thread
dumb fag OP can't even follow the template properly

Fuck and I just escaped the last one.

Attached: 1552273699702.png (185x198, 106K)

Why does Yea Forums act like they possess the right to have opinions?

>Yea Forums
>shitting on that list
Makes no fucking sense retard.

>muh Yea Forums boogeyman
Holy shit