Anemone: Eureka 7 Hi-Evolution 2

So Hi-Evo 2 was pretty garbage.

>mfw Eureka is the villain
>mfw Renton is killed but then brought back at the end, completely wasting my time
>mfw Hi-Evo 3 is going to be an absolute clusterfuck

Attached: Eureka crying hi evo 2.png (500x211, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bilibili.com/video/av47387849/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Bones killed E7
>But they weren't happy with that so they killed it again
>And again
>And again

Why can't anybody stop them? This is too depressing

Attached: 1353430750202.png (600x450, 316K)

second op was a banger

Wait what the fuck? They're still milking this?

It's really hard to care about this series at this point.

"I did it again, didn't I"

Attached: this kills the sequel.jpg (225x153, 6K)

when will people just admit eureka 7 was never good?

is it as bad as pocket full of rainbows or is it worse, because I considered watching but was afraid it would be that bad.

>BONES sequels

Attached: 1494847056944.jpg (359x321, 31K)

PFOR is just meh at best, and can at least be excused since it's an AU.

Hi-Evo on the other hand seems intent with just writing the original canon of the OG series out of existence.

Hi-Evo 2 just makes so many basic writing mistakes that I have to wonder if Dai Sato ever had an editor. I can guarantee a lot of the problems in this film and the previous one would be fixed if Sato just had an editor go through his script and say "this works" and "this needs to be changed."

I don't even know what to make of the film. Granted, there are no subs yet, but it just seems meandering, directionless, and sometimes totally cringey. The gulliver avalanche is the crowning moment of cringe in the film, easily, yandere!Eureka aside.

I'm with you there. Once Hi-Evo 3 drops, I'm done with this franchise and I'm never buying or watching anything E7-related that comes after.

>Eureka is the villain
Wait, what?
WHY?

ConRevo S2 wasn't bad
but that's like, a miracle that won't happen again

Conrevo was a 2 cour show with a break in the middle... like Space Dandy. That's not really a sequel nor the kind of thing Bones fuck up.

Maybe Sato is trying to kill it so hard, so another one never ever gets made.

>tfw you were smart enough to get off the ride after Pocketful of Rainbows

I'm gonna just watch it for the lulz
I lost all my faith in anything E7 related after AO: the garbage

Shame they never did a DTB sequel.

The movie was ok. The GCI was a bit overdone. You have to wonder, what was the budget of the movie

Attached: 1548116404613.jpg (438x450, 48K)

>Eureka is the villain

Attached: 1549822200535.jpg (412x455, 43K)

Never.
Because no one will remember it long enough to remember that it's shit.

Goddamnit all they had to do was write out eureka renton and make it about anemone and dominique taking their places respectively and having to find out what happend to the lost lovers or what have you.

Tired of listening to what sounds like two annoying grade school girls have a sad creepy as fuck over the top romantic clusterfuck relationship while interesting shit is going on around them and is put on hold for them.
Even those annoying as fuck kids were more interesting.
Spent the first 1/8 of AO waiting for the adult versions of those rodents to show up and start kicking ass in some way..before it was revealed to be stupid and retarded nonsense.

This picture perfectly well depicts the state of franchise.

>for the 20 years anniversary Bones are just letting the senile westaboo Watanabe who lost every shred of his talent almost a decade ago to film another piece of trash that will most likely be Terror in Resonance tier
>while continuing to rape Eureka corpse
>while Enokido is still in fujo hell

Attached: 1548325366840.png (338x380, 91K)

It's hilarious how they just keep trying to make more E7 and each attempt turns out worse than the last.

At this point it felt like some kind of sick joke. Making a bad sequel is one thing but keep making a bad sequel for one anime over and over again is definition of insanity

Why are they still trying to re capture their success from Eureka 7 this many years later. Every else they have made in the universe has been god awful to some of the worst pieces of fiction ever made(AO). Like just let it die already, the fact the first show wasn't terrible must have been a completely fluke at this point

I think they just really hate that anyone "misunderstood" the ending to the original series and thought that Renton and Eureka were ever coming back to the world.

Maybe they saw what Anno was doing with the rebuilds and decided to completely invert it because they're STILL mad that people saw robots and kids and thought it was an eva clone. Anno took an edgy series and turned it into a series of bland children's movies, with E7 it feels like they've taken a children's series and tried to turn it into an edgy clusterfuck of movies and hideous spin-offs.

What's so bad about the sequels and movies?
Eureka 7 is in my backlog since 2009

>that will most likely be Terror in Resonance tier
Does that mean that the anime will be terrible but the OST will be god's gift to humanity?
Because if so, then I'll take it

>Eureka is the villain
I see that Bones did not learn a thing from Pocketful of Rainbows.

What are you talking about, there is only one Eureka 7.

>>Does that mean that the anime will be terrible but the OST will be god's gift to humanity?
That reminds me, does any of the new shit have passable music, at least? The original had some fun tracks.

I gave up on AO when Eureka showed up, and I have no desire to ever watch anything from this universe again.

ConRevo had a cool OST

Please Bones for the love of god, either adapt things or get better writters.

That would still be an improvement over the stupidity of AO.

Attached: 1348821230143.jpg (853x2400, 398K)

I hated Naru so fucking much. At least they didn't make her the love interest.

but why? is E7 after all the crap still making money?

They're cheaply made and they keep trying to retell the same story but worse in every way. The main problem is that Eureka 7 just didn't need a sequel or a reboot, there were no huge plot threads that needed to be resolved, the TV series ended on a slightly bitter sweet but a definite note.

When is this getting released on BD?

E7 is their only super profitable original property that isn't Darker than Black and unless that director wants to make a new season, it ain't happening. E7 also has the most merchandising potential of all of Bones' works. They're really trying to franchise it but not only is it too late for that, it all sucks

BD already was released four days ago. Someone found the raw on bilibili and posted it here yesterday.

Frankly, after seeing how bad it is, I wonder if we will ever get it subbed. I know I'm not paying money for this.

Lack of subs isn't a problem for me thankfully. Do you have a link to the download?

Someone last night suggested that the movie's budget was too small or the production time too short, that would mean the overuse of CGI (poorly rendered I might add) makes a lot more sense.

Honestly the movie feels like a good independent project that just got E7 characters switched in at the last minute.

What do Bones get out of killing E7 over and over again.

bilibili.com/video/av47387849/

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Was not even aware there was new E7 material but looks like this is an avoid eh? I'm not wasting my time like with AO all over again

What the hell is Bones trying to build up to for Hi-Evo 3? I don't even know how they can bounce back from this. This whole trilogy feels so directionless and pointless that I have no clue what to expect. And not in the good way.

Let's go down the list:
>Charles and Ray are not dead
>Eureka is basically God, killed billions of people just to get back with her boyfriend
>Renton is dead, but then he's not
>Dewey is not even the villain?

What are they even trying to do with this?!

Hi-Evo 1 is just a clipshow in disguise.
Hi-Evo 2 is an absolute clusterfuck that is quite frankly insulting and disgusting to watch.
And I'm really worried about what Hi-Evo 3 is going to be.

Can someone explain to me why do people like the first series so much (apart from the music and look)?

The romance and character development. I actually cared for neither. Eureka and Renton didn't feel like they had chemistry, and Renton and Holland were too grating at the start to enjoy see becoming better.

But did you enjoy Anemone and Dominic?

Awesome mech battle scene, Anemone and Eureka are cute.

The action scenes are significantly better animated than average.

What is the average mecha action scene?

When you have the best writer in the industry on your payroll, you don't bother with anyone else.

Attached: the master.jpg (1028x1172, 384K)

Yes, they actually felt natural instead of being a plot-designated romance. Anemone's succubus look also turned me on.

>Captain Earth

It's a combination of the staffs incessant need to undo the happy ending of the original that they were "forced" to do, and the laughter at the first film that caused them to switch even further into ARTSY FART mode

I know right? What a great show.

Attached: saltydogcoffeecup1.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

The only part of the franchise I have ever watched is the original. E7 was good and I liked it. Interesting world and development even if the characters got annoying. I never felt that it needed to be revisited.

Did AO pull a Getter Robo Armageddon and change writers/directors partway through or something? It was bizarre how the series just kept changing direction and dropping old plot threads on the floor, even long before Ao gets equipped with literal Retcon Gun. e.g. the Okinawa independence stuff just gets completely forgotten about the moment he joins Pied Piper.

Honestly anything after E7 doesn't exist and E7 hasn't aged well either.

E7 has aged well

>mfw Hi-Evo 3 is going to be an absolute clusterfuck
And Hi-Evo 3 is going to end with Ao popping up out of nowhere to fire his retconn gun and wasting everyone's time

OP here.

E7 kinda stood out from other mecha because of the focus on romance and character relationships like said, although it had an interesting lore and world surrounding it. There was a certain air of mystery about everything that made you want to learn more about the Coralians, the Federation, the Vodarac, etc.

And I think that's a major reason why the other entries are so hated or at least disliked. They ditch a lot of the things that made E7 stand out. AO is probably the worst offender of this since it completely ignores the interesting mythos and lore the OG had for a dull, generic and boring near-future mecha anime.

Hi-Evo at least had the decency to stick to the OG world before it went off the fucking rails. The first 20 minutes of Hi-Evo 1 were amazing as they actually added to the mythos with the First Summer of Love. Frankly, the whole film could have been about that, and no one would have any problems with it.

>Anemone and Dominic were one of my favorite anime couples
>They get this absolute cluster fuck of a movie

Attached: 1537935679097.jpg (1024x1023, 69K)

I will never get over how Dominic basically got cucked in this movie and is turned into an AI. I mean yeah he becomes "real" by the end, but it's not like there's any hint of a relationship between them.

Attached: Dominic Anemone 1.jpg (500x400, 34K)

I honestly don't know what you were expecting. If you didn't get that someone really hates Dominic and Anemone ever since Pocketful of Rainbows then you have nobody else to blame but yourself.

>Dewey is not even the villain?

He never was

God that was an awful show. Mediocrity incarnate.

+1

What's wrong with Charles and Ray not being dead?

Fantastic show. Excellence incarnate. Too highbrow for most.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-02-25-15h13m14s072.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

someone has the ost?

Because Charles and Ray's deaths served a purpose in the original. I get they were cool characters, and I loved them too, but their deaths were meant to be a turning point both in the development of Renton, Holland, and Eureka. If you watch the series, you would know that.

looks like I made the right choice dropping this series. hell I stopped halfway in AO cause they used that terrible trope and they went and did it again? kek

Worse, E7 wasn't that good and they are more then willing to throw what actually worked about the show under the bus for the unbelievably weak leads and beyond stupid love story aspect of it.

Kyoda got budget for 1 movie but he wanted to do 3.

E7 is the most disappointing anime franchise.
The only good material outside the original TV series is the 2 ps2 games which were side stories focusing on new characters + some cameos.
I'm not surprised if they bring E7 out again in ten years to shit on its corpse again.
I can't even imagine what they'd do at this point.
Fucking pachinko machines for the last decade would've been better than every E7 sequel.

I'm still fucking mad at what AO did with Naru.
Holy shit that show was a mess

Why doesn't Bones just make a new original mecha series?

>E7 kinda stood out from other mecha because of the focus on romance and character relationships
Macross had predated E7 by over 20 years when it first aired newshit.

Too busy animating sequels for shonenshit and chuuni fujoshi writers.

Please no.

What is Hi-Evo 2 and why are people convinced a 3 is coming?

>2 ps2 games
I would have loved to see New Wave and New Vision end up as a series or OVA, but I'm glad that didn't happen with how modern Bones is. The games are pretty much the only part of E7 that hasn't been tarnished in some form.

But how and why

Attached: [WhyNot] Captain Earth - 05 [522326E7].mkv_snapshot_24.25_[2014.08.02_00.04.41].png (1280x720, 1.19M)

>they actually felt natural instead of being a plot-designated romance
>Anemone realizes she has feelings for Dominic for no reason other than the plot demands it and because the series loves parallels so much

Attached: 1552432029807.webm (638x562, 2.8M)