Ergo Proxy

Thoughts on this?

IMO, one of the best psychologial anime out there

>Good characters
>Actual philosophical message instead of pseudo-intellectual bs
>Good worldbuliding

Shame the plot was a bit convoluted with unnecessary side characters (not to mention slow pacing).

Why don't people talk about it more?

Attached: 6259.jpg (225x328, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cureclover.livejournal.com/759.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cause it's old an a lot of Yea Forums hates it

It lost a lot of people by the second half. I appreciate them trying to convey the lore in unconventional ways, but the heavy exposition in a fake quiz show really wasn't the best choice. Despite the flaws it's a pretty good show with a solid end.

I want to FUCK Pino.

Is it better or worse than Texhnolyze? Because I didn't like Texhnolyze.

It used names of actual philosophers without exploring or even introducing anything from their work. That's really damning if you ask me and why most people shit on it. Other than that, it was quite good.

It's not as good as Texhnolyze.

Attached: how can you see into my eyes like open doors.jpg (297x300, 16K)

COME AND SAAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEEEEE

I started to lose interest about episode 11 a few months ago. I think it was at the point where she arrived in the town that was just robots and no people. I was thinking about picking it back up at some point. But, is the second half really bad or just not as interesting?

Attached: 32984782432487.jpg (423x344, 15K)

Its alright. I thought it relied a lot of pseudo depth and haphazard usage of philosophy to make up for the weak points. Yet for all of their attempts at trying to make the whole thing deep they really end up fumbling the explanations of what Proxies are as well as the purpose of the shell cities, we clearly see that Romdeau or whatever wasn't the last city with a Proxy so why then did everyone act like it was towards the end?

It started pretty damn good, then it slowly got worse only to pick up back on the final episodes.
Honestly there isn't much to talk about, there's literally an entire episode in a Q&A format that spoils the entire setting and what's left you get from the final boss at the end anyways.
The end is a cliffhanger for a sequel that will never happen.

what do you mean it had actual philosophical message instead of pseudo intellectual? right from the start it was stupid pseud trash you see from any anticonsumerist media

She was so erotic. Whenever Pino was onscreen I couldn't stop thinking about doing all sorts of lewd things to her delicious loli body.

It's been a long while but for all intents and purposes they were the last ones, every city had a proxy and every proxy was programmed to destroy its city and itself as soon as their kill switch flipped.
It's fair to assume that barring any weird shenanigans like with what happened with Ergo, all the cities were in ruins or empty shells.
And don't forget the AIs were rigged as well as a backup plan, in case the Proxy didn't do its job properly.

I wonder if anyone over the age of 18 actually liked texhnolyze and ergo proxy

I found it super dull, dropped once they left the camp outside the city.

Attached: 928349123981729.gif (498x448, 1.7M)

I didn't get it, so I didn't appreciate it.

Texhnolyze and Wolf's Rain were better.

Other than that, Episode 15 sucked, though for this show.

absoute brainlet

Nice argument, babby.
>muh deep anime

>I think it was at the point where she arrived in the town that was just robots and no people.
That's literally the best part of the show. Fucking Christ dude.

Retard opinion
>Ergo Proxy sucked after they left the city

Patrician opinion
>Ergy Proxy was better when they left the city

All the episodes while they're traveling and exploring the other domes are by far the best.

same to you.

Finally some good taste in this thread.

pino approves of this message

Attached: tenor.gif (379x498, 1.54M)

I disliked that after the long ass voyage they basically find some writing on a wall that says "you have to go back" and they're back in a blink of an eye.
I understand the point, but maybe it could have been delivered in a better way.

OK COMPUTER SUCKS

Well they only had 23 episodes. Im sure if they had 24 they might have expanded that part a bit.

Maybe i'm too stupid but i never understood what the hell was going on.

>Wolf's Rain?
really? never seen it but i thought it wasn't much well regarded.

Oh sorry. It was right after some info dump episode. I had watched a lot in one day and thought that was a good place to take a break and just didn't get back to it. I guess I'll pick it back up then.

It was pretty good. Many people can't appreciate the subtly especially the part when RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE RAISON D'ETRE

quiz show episode was shit and killed any sense of immersion

That's just for the idiots who couldn't bother skipping the recap episodes (15-18). I think it handled a story better in 26 episodes (OVA counts) than what Ergo Proxy did in the same time, as well as being a better road movie and being released in the same time around as Texhnolyze was released.

Kiba, as a protagonist, despite what people say about his "lack of depth" acted as more of a man than Vincent did. You needed to focus on sudden movements that the characters make whereas Vincent just felt drowsy and whiny all the time.

He is also capable of defending and protecting those he cares about whereas Vincent just felt like an overwhelming mishmash of problems that he seemingly burdened Re-L and Pino with, with Re-L just bashing Vincent to get his head straight and fuck her. At least Cheza is aware of Kiba as a person, even if she is kind of a vegetable.

Attached: rgehyjtkyfilrtd.png (640x480, 220K)

Wolf's Rain is not that popular at this point due to it's age, but it's always been well regarded.

Also literally written by the greatest screenwriter to ever grace the medium (Keiko Nobumoto)

the human race is in stasis in space.
everyone still on the planet is essentially there to live just in case they never come back, but they do come back so everyone starts going crazy.
like the autoraves fighting each other, or those dudes in the desert.

>Texhnolyze better
Texhnolyze was nihilistic shit, the fortuneteller knew exactly how it would all play out.

at least at the end of Ergo Proxy they had a way out.

Attached: original.gif (540x302, 1.92M)

OKC > Kid A

>Ergo Proxy had a way out

More like a way out of the rabbit hole and back into their own asses. The show will never get a second season or a conclusive ending.

If someone is interested, here is a link that explains Ergo Proxy very well. It's worth the read:
cureclover.livejournal.com/759.html

it got better in some places, and it got worse in others. The bigger problem is there was a serious dissonance and incogruence between the two chunks which invariably alienates some proportion of your demographic

it did have a conclusive ending though.
they get to live forever in the wasteland until the humans from space return.
Re-L doesn't actually age because she has Proxy DNA and the autoraves they have with them presumably are the highest end models with Romdos/Mosks secrets.
and they talked to Proxy one so they know to not actually kill the other Proxy, like how they didn't kill amusement part Proxy.

Attached: tumblr_mrvh5pX3Cp1qd80v3o1_1280.jpg (800x880, 107K)

You're the one who is up their own ass if you think this show didn't have a conclusion or needed a second season.

an extended epilogue would of been nice