It's the 40th anniversary and there are people posting on Yea Forums RIGHT NOW who haven't watched 0079

>it's the 40th anniversary and there are people posting on Yea Forums RIGHT NOW who haven't watched 0079
Why is this allowed?

Attached: [EG]Mobile_Suit_Gundam_22_BD_V2(720p_10bit)[7C0F7DDD][00:11:24]001.png (960x720, 798K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PctENh7VwBw
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-29/gundam-mirai-voice-actress-fuyumi-shiraishi-passes-away/.145164
youtube.com/watch?v=0yCR6f5C5UQ
uniqlo.com/us/en/ut-graphic-tees/gundam?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIibHdvfeq4QIVFMJkCh0XgAgcEAAYASAAEgJxWPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because this girl is almost irrelevant.

>Sayla gone
>Mirai gone
Who's next?

>sayla
>irrelevant in 0079
untrue

Attached: 12234.png (640x480, 399K)

>Who's next?

Attached: worried.jpg (960x540, 216K)

0079 is good but it's not like you're missing out by not watching it. Within the Gundam franchise alone there's a number of better titles, and almost none of the really great stuff has anything to do with 0079.

It's a fun, enjoyable show (with some stupid as fuck writing at times) but that's it. It's not even the "Seinfeld is unfunny effect" where it's the first of its kind but so many things appeared after that borrowed from it that made it feel tired and cliche. It's just that Tomino's writing style back then is really awkward and unintentionally comedic, characters and plotlines are introduced and killed off or resolved within single episodes. Every romantic interaction between characters is awful and inorganic. The show just devolved into Newtype wank out of nowhere as it stumbled across the finish line.

I'd honestly just recommend people to watch the movies. There's too much pointless shit that doesn't really matter due to the episodic nature as events are forgotten immediately after they occur. And it's not like M'Quve really matters in the grand scheme of things either.

Not like he's probably going to make anything after the G-Reco movie comes out.

>Within the Gundam franchise alone there's a number of better titles
Not really. 0079 is one of the best entries in the series. It isn't the only good entry in the series but if you were to pick a top 5 from the series, 0079 should be one of them unless you're a faggot that unironically likes 08th MS Team or Unicorn.

>Not liking 08th MS Team

Wtf is wrong with you?

My top 5 gundams would be
>Turn A
>G Gundam
>Thunderbolt s1
>0080
>08th MS Team
0079 would probably be right under there. Unicorn is shit.

I've said all I can about 0079. It's not bad just not great either. Just good.

I have taste and don't think someone's 1 Year War rehash Vietnam bullshit is some pinnacle of Gundam like some other people. Its reputation is of it being gritty and realistic but it's nothing but a generic Hollywood movie's interpretation of war and it has the worst artstyle in the franchise.

>he thinks 0079 isn't a generic hollywood interpretation of war
gundam wing unironically has deeper things to say about war than 0079

doing it right now, really enjoying it. i thought it would be something more sloppy like mazinger since its old and the opening is rather happy.

0079's reputation isn't of being that though. It's the clash between reputation and reality that I'm talking about. Though I do think 08th MS Team does pretty much everything worse than 0079. It has no reason to exist either and was made purely to feed off of people's obsession over the 1 Year War. There was nothing to say about it after 0079 and 0080 and Tomino had already moved onto late UC with Victory (and F91 before that).

>hurr I don’t like it because everyone else likes it
I don’t know what I expected. This is Yea Forums after all.

You say this but if that were the case I probably wouldn't like Gundam at all. I like plenty of entries that everyone else likes, 08th MS Team is just shit and has an extremely misleading reputation and misplaced hype by people that can't move past the One Year War setting of the franchise.

I watched the movie trilogy and it wasnt as great as you fuckign always say in every damn thread, and the Origin is way better.

I always say the movie trilogy is shit but people still keep watching it instead of the series.

>Gundam Wing

>Deep

Attached: 135888448_640.jpg (640x427, 23K)

I like other setting of Gundam just fine. Hell, G Gundam is one of my favorites. I like 08th MS teams because it explores an entirely different theater of war compared to the other series I have seen. And sure, it’s reputation acts like it’s the “Saving Private Ryan of anime” and it doesn’t live up to that, but that’s no fault of the series itself. You sound like you have more of a problem with the reputation surrounding the series than the series itself user.

>Origin is way better

the best story arcs of origin weren't even animated

Attached: SunQuan1.gif (150x150, 93K)

>Unicorn haters

Why are y'all so wrong

>Origin is way better.

Attached: 11.png (437x329, 287K)

missed the point hard

>it's the ten millionth time OP's made this thread
>he's STILL making it
Why is this allowed? Also, 0079 was pretty uninteresting, I couldn't finish.

The animation's really dated. I think it's fine to just read the Origin manga for the story.

Attached: 1551585804273.gif (960x720, 1.05M)

>You sound like you have more of a problem with the reputation surrounding the series than the series itself user
That's part of it, yes. When I watched it I felt like I was lied to since it was completely different than how it was characterized. But like I said, it felt like an unnecessary entry that does nothing different than any other Gundam entry and had pretty unlikable characters for me. The fact that it had no space battles was an issue for me too (though I think there was that ball battle in the beginning but that's not really what I'm talking about). There really wasn't anything for me to like in it, though that one battle near the end was pretty cool with the guy that wanted to destroy the tanks or whatever.

Tomino is a fucking stupid hack next to Yasuhiko

anything can look dated with those meme gifs, overall i think its ok.

Unicorn has really good production values and art and animation but the story is pants on head retarded and it goes even more bullshit with newtypes. I want to fuck the Zeon leader though.

Attached: latestCAY6I9F6.png (350x750, 138K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PctENh7VwBw

Here you go, it's at about 0:55.

>0079 looks like shi--
fuck off with this bullshit already.
it looks consistently better than SDF Macross.

Attached: 1530385669562.webm (854x394, 2.77M)

As someone who could only finish King Gainer out the various Tomino series I've tried [and even Gainer tried my patience on], Yas is STILL worse. Giant Gorg was them wandering around while nothing happens for hours, and his historical manga are completely aimless accounts of random events with pictures added. I don't think I'll ever be able to get up the energy to try Origin because of his track record.

> even Gainer tried my patience on
Meant to say, "even Gainer tried my patience in the later parts." Don't know what happened there.

Macross has higher highs and lower lows. I don't see what brought up he comparison though.

0079 looks GREAT.

Attached: 0079_grid.jpg (2880x4320, 1.5M)

I once read a Yasuhiko manga and it was boring as fuck. later tried the origin anime and it was a totally different thing.

the same thing, but with fillers.

>I think it's fine to just read the Origin manga for the story.
Literally what the FUCK?

Attached: [Judgment] Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou - 04 [99259B5A][00:10:03]001.png (702x526, 416K)

>but with fillers.
There's no filler in 0079, retard.

I really like 0079's art style (especially at the times when it's at its best) but its animation is really rough. It does have times when its animation is good but it also has a lot of bullshit. I'd like to see its art style with a movie size budget. Maybe that's essentially what CCA is since it looks different from Zeta and ZZ.

>the same thing, but with fillers.
We had this argument in another thread. Even if you think 0079 has filler there's no way that 11 of its 18 hours is filler, and 11 hours is what the movies cut out.

Attached: Funnels.webm (720x388, 3M)

>it looks consistently better than SDF Macross

Attached: 1550388489447.gif (1440x1080, 2.19M)

>It's the 40th Anniversary
>1st episode was released on April 7th, 1979
>People haven't watched 0079

You're a bit early on the job, that's why.

Now, go back to your quarters, Sayla user.

Attached: images3XFYT9WE.jpg (303x166, 7K)

>be Sayla
>be Irrelevant after 0079
Is she possibly one of the most butchered potential character of all time?

Her Seiyu wasn't around during Zeta, ZZ, and Unicorn so she had a very limited role.

Good. Old man fell off. Someone else needs to take the helm especially if we're going to get more Late UC work after the Hathway movies

Doesn't she have some lines near the end of ZZ? Did they get her back for just a couple of lines worth of recording then?

Nobody else has shown any interest in making anything creative. It's likely we're going to just get more Unicorn and NT sequels on top of the stuff we're already getting like Build Divers or whatever. I am interested in the Hathaway's Flash movies though. Hopefully they're good.

We don't like fact it's the writer's OC insert fanfiction.

Gundam is the reason why mecha never took off in the West.

I thought that was only the case for CCA? She died if I'm not mistaken but she made a cameo towards the end of ZZ with Judau's sister. Regardless the fact they couldn't just get another VA for her means that's just how much irrelevant she was viewed. Not as someone important tot he story but a side side character.

She was around for ZZ. Not for Zeta and CCA, though. She later recorded scenes for games based on both. These scenes are just her calling Char an idiot for what he's doing, pretty much.

Giant robots just have a bad reputation in the US and I'm pretty sure it was before any of the Gundam series aired on US TV. Though you're saying specifically western, not just the US. I blame Transformers more than anything else since I've seen tons of people dismiss any mecha series because they think it'll be like Transformers. I remember even thinking that when I was a kid.

The fact that the Transformers live action movies were pretty popular, not to mention Pacific Rim, was interesting from my perspective because of this.

it's the seiyuu's fault for going to africa

i always think of how different zeta would've been with sayla involved.

>they couldn't just get another VA for her means that's just how much irrelevant she was viewed
Hahaha, wait you don't actually believe this right? The reason they never got a new VA to replace her is because Gundam fans/otaku would start a fucking riot. Just see how well it went over for the Four Murasame recast in the Zeta films.

Attached: 1.png (656x412, 716K)

I love CCA, but every time I decide to re-watch it I remember Quess is in it.

Attached: 1535679812954.jpg (720x688, 97K)

>the movie trilogy and it wasnt as great as you fuckign always say
no one told you to watch that

I think it was really chill of the people of white base to just roll with it when shar showed up in his sister's clothes a couple of times.

Yeah, they're at war, but that doesn't mean they couldn't give him an accepting place to explore his sexuality.

>that scene
that was some QUALITY alright. especially some of Miriya's faces.

That's not Cyborg 009 1979.. That's just generic mecha trash

>Cyborg 009
Yeah instead of generic mecha trash it's generic shonen trash with cyborgs.

What are some other series with the same aesthetic as 0079, Zeta, ZZ, F91 and Char's Counterattack? It's seriously peak aesthetic. The fact that F91 didn't get a proper treatment is a crime against humanity.

Here's to hoping they do Hathaway's Flash well. It's really dark and gritty.

Attached: 0079_aesthetic.png (1440x1080, 1.6M)

>gee what's cyborg 009
>well it's about cyborgs and is categorized as a shonen
>that is how i'll insult it
>that'll teach him to never judge by milked-to-death franchise with a mediocre first series

08th MS Team starts out great but get worse over time and is shit by the final episode.

Gundam needs more edgy dark UC 100's content. Victory Gundam is underrated too.

Attached: tumblr_nccxn2fUUH1s5oxc0o1_500.gif (500x269, 1.46M)

>accuses Gundam of being milked while talking about a series that also has tons of entries
>probably has barely seen any Gundam entries and doesn't know about all the entries that go in a completely different direction from earlier entries

>main character in og
>2 appearances in zeta
>2 appearances in zz
>no appearance in cca
pretty much irrelevant

Attached: 1549927136365.jpg (400x396, 43K)

How is the remake?

There isn't one. Only a movie trilogy that came out a couple years after the series ended. And that was shit.

Quess

Attached: quess in spess.jpg (1280x692, 141K)

She had one non-speaking cameo in Zeta. Turns out she fucked off to soak up sunshine on the beach after the war. Which was refreshingly realistic to be honest.

Attached: 1526555180134.jpg (342x250, 59K)

>it's the 40th anniversary and Mirai's seiyuu just died
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-29/gundam-mirai-voice-actress-fuyumi-shiraishi-passes-away/.145164

F

Attached: Mirai.jpg (488x415, 131K)

Bright's gone too.

Attached: Bright_slap.png (1600x1200, 227K)

Wait I thought there were news all over Yea Forums they were remaking 0079, changing Amuro from being a Canadian to an American, and all that?

There's apparently a live action American Gundam movie being made but as far as I know there's no info about it yet.

Why was the Guntank so useless?

time for the greatest celebration possible for the anniversary - youtube.com/watch?v=0yCR6f5C5UQ

Go away.

Attached: Fuck off Quess.webm (640x360, 882K)

Attached: avoskkguyfmhlwp0ra8w.jpg (800x569, 107K)

I watched the main trilogy a long time ago, along with every UC OVA like burger king and Top Gundam. I kind of wanna rewatch them all but 150+ total episodes of content is actually intimidating enough to deter me from doing it again.

>thinking tomino is a good writer
Idiot.

>main trilogy
It's main quadrilogy you ZZ skipper.

I bet you liked seed you earthgroid.

I can't do it bros, Zeta is boring as fuck. But I need to watch this to understand what the fuck is going on in the UC timeline

Attached: 1552620975957.jpg (2060x2929, 2.3M)

>Sayla Mass
>Sailor Mars

Attached: [SMC]_Sailor_Moon_R_48(R2_DVD.H264.AAC)[B1724F1C].mkv_snapshot_09.33_[2013.07.26_20.29.12].jpg (640x480, 32K)

Zeta is kino

Attached: char downtime.jpg (960x720, 87K)

>I bet you liked seed
The fact that you retort with this of all things is further evidence of your idiocy. If I'm highlighting your stupidity for worshiping a melodramatic hack like Tomino, why would I be a fan of a work that rips off his story?

sneed

that doesn't matter since 0079 is a self-contained story.

>Zeta is boring as fuck
you don't enjoy watching an autistic child getting beaten to a pulp?

uniqlo.com/us/en/ut-graphic-tees/gundam?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIibHdvfeq4QIVFMJkCh0XgAgcEAAYASAAEgJxWPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

any other weird gundam 40th anniversary celebrations? besides the hello kitty thing

Nothing is going on in the UC timeline. It's same exact recycled Feddies vs Zeon story. If you're watching something by Tomino add to that a bullshit regressive spiritual environmentalism message and if you're watching something by another director then there's about 80% chance you're going to get YAY JAPANESE MILITARISM Zeon fanwank.

I'm waiting for the 79th anniversary.

I expect a F91 Crossbone Gundam anime announcement anytime soon

But I wanna watch TURNA GUNDAM

Attached: 1536272994420.jpg (480x460, 55K)

Attached: 1280.jpg (1280x1798, 954K)

chris is ugly

Mecha is for otaku trash

she's also a murderer

All anime is for otaku trash. The definition of an otaku is someone obsessed with anime/manga.

mecha is for intellectuals

there is nothing intellectual about teen dramas with robot fights

0079 isn't even about the robots