Did you enjoy it Yea Forums?

Did you enjoy it Yea Forums?

Attached: wrl-departure.jpg (704x396, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rJnPDlW6vk8
youtube.com/watch?v=IFWS3cfz7OE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

greatly.

Yes, very much. I even bought the DVDs back in the day.

I think I watched it 3 times when I was new to downloading anime.

One of my favorites, I love Mugen and his attitude and the ending was such a nice simple way to end it.

ngl I put off the ending as long as possible because I didnt want their journey to be over
when it ultimately was over i cried

no it was overhyped shit, just like cowboy bebop

the regular ending was good but who's theme was GOOD
youtube.com/watch?v=rJnPDlW6vk8

Not really
I almost liked Jin but he had that stuplid glasses
Mugen is some fag from the ghetto

Absolutely, had a few more inconsistent episodes compared to bebop though. Still this series was a 8.7/10 easily. We really are blessed that Watanabe gave us Bebop, Champloo, and Dandy

The end of the episode where Jin saved that prostitute always got me

i still think about it from time to time. The aesthetic and style of the anime is timeless.

Immensely. Was one of the last series I actually paid for before I started streaming illegally. It's a genuine classic in all regards

not so fun fact: watanabe had all but disappeared after champloo, but it wasn't because he was out of stories and projects. he had three projects lined up, and all of them failed one way or another. imagine getting 2-3 more watanabe peak years shows after champloo...

>all of them failed one way or another
how?

It was okay, I really hated the ending. It wasn't involved enough. They just left, hey, alright. It's a lukewarm ending. Wish there had been something that mattered toward that end, something broadly conclusive.Much more allover the place then bebop, and lacked the punch of a good ending.

i wish i could find it in my bookmarks, but i lost it. it was some anime con panel transcript. they died at pre-production stage for various unspecified reasons. i will try to find it again.

One of my favourite anime. It's so easy to watch and chill out to.
This is making me miss manglobe. At least he was music director on Michiko to Hatchin and the Fujiko Mine anime, which are incidentally also faces of mine. The guy just has great taste in music.

the only people that disliked it are contrarians. samurai champloo is a top 5 for me

Attached: 2060E03C-476F-4360-B125-C33B88921B84.jpg (640x435, 87K)

you missed the whole point of the ending. they set up a number of perfect places for the anime to end, only to crush the audience expectation every time. it was intentionally anticlimactic and unexpected which is what makes it a godly ending, just because it was a deliberate middle finger to the viewer

Yes

not only that, they accepted that they were friends and they cared for each other before they wished each other farewell and went their separate ways which was actually heartwarming given how they started out as Fu's hired muscle

>a deliberate middle finger to the viewer
nah that was not it all. has it right. the ending also fit one of the overarching themes of the show, which is that life is a meandering mess. things come, things go. be grateful for the times you shared with friends, and do not be afraid to say goodbye when then time comes. there is something else waiting for you just around the corner.

that was it. did you miss the perfect places to end it one after another that were denied as endings? instead of them dying after beating their enemies, or fighting each other for real finally, or dying just after failing their duel, or traveling together, they're just like "well see you around." it was intentionally a blue ball ending

>did you miss the perfect places to end it
perfect only to the starved intellects of weak-minded americans fed on a steady diet of hollywood and comic book narratives.

>it was intentionally a blue ball ending
because they couldn't do it I haven't watched it in a while but I recall Jin and Mugen moving to kill each other before both of their swords broke but Jin couldn't kill Mugen and Mugen couldn't kill Jin because they care about each other and hell even Fu wouldn't let that happen, it's shown when they're recovering from their injuries and Jin says something along the lines of "I'd consider you two as my first friends"

San Francisco was such a good ending song though.

you must have missed my original reply. I said the ending was godly because it denied the viewer other endings with misdirection

I loved it the first time I saw it. Rewatched it last year, but it somehow lost some of its charm. Mugen's vision when he's about to die was amazing though, impossible to forget. Maybe I'll rewatch it again this summer, I was probably not in the right mood at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=IFWS3cfz7OE

Not as good a cowboy bebop. Also i didnt like the heroine that much

totally
I like it more than bebop

Attached: 1497710655151.jpg (596x652, 93K)

Attached: sd181.jpg (1280x720, 243K)

Sure, I enjoyed it. But it wasn't anything amazing.

absolutely loved that episode.