Why do you guys call it a trainwreck?

Why do you guys call it a trainwreck?

Attached: MV5BMjE5NmU2NTEtNTRjNS00MWM0LWJkNTctM2RmNTRkMjA5OGYyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg (2480x3507, 2.82M)

Have you watched it?

The only redeeming thing about this series was the OST. The show had no right to have an OST and music that good. It's a fucking travesty.

Why not?

I liked Inori's character design and some of the action scenes.

Ok, I have to concede Redjuice's character design was great. Especially for the main girls.

As for the action scenes, it was meh. There was only one scene that really stood out for me, but it was because the OST was amazing.

This show had some good things going for it.
>For 2011 and 2012, the show looked fantastic. There are anime today that don't look half as good GC.
>The soundtrack, while a Hiroyuki Sawano work, did not drown out everything with his "waaaashs". Good work on his part making the "heat scenes" hit.
>The opening. This opening is legendary.
The show itself was another story... I could rant but I think the best way to say it is that it all fell flat. Characters were a mess, storyline was trash, themes tried to be something but couldn't go anywhere and greatest sin of all: MC LOSES HIS WAIFU.
It was an attempt at something original. It didn't end too well, but there was an attempt. Good for them. More studios should take risks as well.
Also, YĆ«ki Kaji is the MC... for a quarter of you this is instant drop material.

This went about the plot in the worst way possible.

Now, the show might have been salvageable if not for the protagonist. The protagonist is fucking, fucking awful and he never gets better. This is made worse by the fact he's a god damn super soldier. How the hell can you be such a faggot AND be a super-soldier at the same time?

Attached: 1433599550548.gif (500x391, 2.05M)

>>For 2011 and 2012, the show looked fantastic. There are anime today that don't look half as good GC.
What the fuck, are we in the era where people now have lower expectations for series from earlier this decade? Not disputing that it looks good, but why the fuck would you expect something made like six years later to have higher standards for anything aside from maybe CGI?

>It was an attempt at something original. It didn't end too well, but there was an attempt. Good for them. More studios should take risks as well.
user, a third of the plot was Code Geass and another third was Eureka Seven.

trainwrecks are a thing of the past since redditors here will call every anime a trainwreck

Attached: 1530947970096.gif (427x240, 761K)

Original as in, not an adaptation, friendo. Like 90% of shows airing in a given season are LN/VN/Manga/Phone Game adaptations.
And every plot can be described as "a little of X, a little of Y" if you boil it down enough. There's like half a dozen basic plots, and every story is a mix and match of them.

>Ok, I have to concede Redjuice's character design was great.
That reminds me.
Was there anime with Redjuice's character design that wasn't huge pile of shit?

Attached: __leicia_beatless_drawn_by_redjuice__8f9fd02c8aff8d6e35c760e560921c70.png (5140x3170, 1.99M)

it had great music, animation, character designs and overall was set up to be really good but everything fell apart with a very shitty direction the story went. IMO franxx is the same way with so much potential but it went to shit in the second half

Attached: chill.jpg (1280x720, 393K)

Because you start watching it and you're like "wow this isn't so bad at all I wonder why it's rated so badly" and THEN you keep watching it and you understand

Finish the series, OP

Only 130+IQ can understand GC, UNIRONICALLY
everyone calling it shit thinks HxH, Reddit Hero Academia and Reddit Clover are good shows.

Franxx didn't spend long enough going to shit to go down as a true train wreck. It's pretty good (though far from perfect) up through episode 15, was redeemable through ~20 or so, and only finally shit the bed permanently in the last 2-3 episodes (and still would have been okay overall if the conclusion hadn't stunk).

What year is it now? Pretty sure it was 9 years ago, aka about a decade.

>lower expectations
Sadly, yes imo. I don't expect GC to look better than some shows this era and I hope for improvement. But time after time, I'm disappointed by animation in the last half decade.
It has gotten very lazy. Outsourcing, overworking, and underpaying have always plagued the industry but it feels like it is at an all time high with so many anime being produced each season.
But the state of the industry is another conversation altogether.

>hating hitler shu

> Original as in, not an adaptation, friendo
Oh, my bad. Don't think "a non-adaptation" is the same thing as "an attempt as something original," though. The word is the same, but that's it.

>And every plot can be described as "a little of X, a little of Y" if you boil it down enough. There's like half a dozen basic plots, and every story is a mix and match of them.
"There was a mysterious disastrous event ten years ago involving alien lifeforms, and MC lost his sister in it, and then in the present day MC falls in love with an emotionless non-human girl who holds the key to saving the world and joins her terrorist group because of it but has tensions with the leader she's obedient to, who turns out to have known MC in the past and been in love with that sister" is not a basic common plot, it's pretty specific Eureka stuff.

Now that I count, it was seven.

>I don't expect GC to look better than some shows this era and I hope for improvement
That seems silly to me. I don't know why you'd expect drawing to improve over the course of seven years and make everything before that time visually obsolete. It's like saying "Man, there are paintings from centuries ago that are better than some paintings today, that's sad."

You could just as easily describe is as Evangelion. Shinji lost a immediate family member 10 years ago, meets a mysterious non-human girl who holds the key to saving/ending the world, and joins an organization supposedly dedicated to saving it, and has tension with the leader of that organizations, who knows the MC (because he's his father), and is still obsessed with his mother.
Literally the only thing that changes is replacing mother with sister.
Seriously, you can take pretty much anything, and find another show where 1 paragraph synopsis, if worded right, will apply to two different shows.

>Shinji lost a immediate family member 10 years ago, meets a mysterious non-human girl who holds the key to saving/ending the world, and joins an organization supposedly dedicated to saving it, and has tension with the leader of that organizations, who knows the MC (because he's his father), and is still obsessed with his mother.
That's much more of a stretch, though. He doesn't join the organization because of the girl, his romance with her isn't a major topic, the guy knowing MC / his sister isn't a later-revealed twist, they aren't terrorists, etc.

He literally pilots 01 for the first time to protect her. But whatever.

The point is that writing a couple sentences that describe two shows is simple enough to do. It's about what's different, not what's the same. Eragon and Star Wars can have an even longer 'describe two shows at once' written, and it's not just because Eragon is a SW ripoff; it's because the plot that Star Wars follows is basically a trope in its own right. "MC meets cute girl and joins [mysterious organization] to save the world from [something], possibly because he wants to give her the dick" is a common plot. You could replace E7 with another show with that kind of plot, comb TVtropes for half a dozen more minor plot points they have in common, and claim it's a knock off of that, instead.

shu was a good protagonist

Did the prequel/sequel game ever got localizated?

SO EVERYTHING THAT MAKES ME WHORE