Hands down worst Studio Ghibli film?

hands down worst Studio Ghibli film?

Attached: 12343342.jpg (679x960, 109K)

That's Earthsea, and it's not even up for debate.
Marnie is actually their best movie not directed by Hayao or Takahata, or at least tied with Whispers.

This and Whispers of the Heart are the two best ghibli movies.
Though I understand that people who aren't introverts and fail to relate to Anna usually find it boring.
In any case, it's a great movie, a great adaptation and boy could I sperg ou for hours unend about this.

This.
Earthsea is not only Ghibli worst movie but also is one of the worst animated movies, it worst sin is being boring not only in plot but in general, boring world, boring characters, everything.
Marnie is at least comfy.

Attached: 14994364438582.webm (1024x552, 2.98M)

Purest form of love.

Attached: __anna_and_marnie_omoide_no_marnie_drawn_by_hon_kai__sample-0dd3d9c82f2b6c0b7b65f3aaa6534857.jpg (850x552, 96K)

This
Le Guin herself hated Earthsea, and not for having different a different perspective than the books (like e.g. Solaris), but for being garbage.

/thread

Hands down Top 5.

I always found My Neighbors the Yamadas absolutley disgusting, but this Marnie movie is boring as fuck, literally Gone home, the movie, no wonder why people here loves it.

Attached: 34.png (1200x675, 1.08M)

I've always said this is the pleb filter movie of the Ghibli collection, and every time its discussed on Yea Forums I'm proven right again.

Attached: 1524930226637.jpg (750x1000, 408K)

I actually liked this movie. Saw it in the theater on a weekday so there was no one else there.
My date gave me a handjob since we were alone.
Maybe I like the movie because I got a handjob during it? I don't know. I'll never be able to be objective, but I suspect I'd appreciate it anyway. The art is nice, at least.

Am I supposed to know what that is?

>literally Gone home, the movie
Go fuck a fuck.

I would but the line for your mom was too long

Oh snap, you sure got me.

it would've been great if it was yuri

Marnie wasn't as good as I expected from the PV but in no way is it the worst when Earthsea and Ocean Waves exist.

Well yeah, it's one of the greatest games ever made.

I only didn't like it because I got baited into thinking it was yuri, and even then it's pretty much my fault. Otherwise it's your typical Ghibli, which you may or may not like collectively, but that's beside the point. I hear people complain that rebranding it for Japan made it look awkward/out of place, but I didn't get that feeling at all.

>one of the greatest games ever made
I dare you to mention a better game than walking home, I mean gone home.

So its the movie version of the greatest game ever made, and that means its bad?

Still better than shows from that pretentious studio

Attached: Miyazaki.jpg (1200x1858, 350K)

>I can finally rest easy, knowing that my works have made an impact on the japanese culture.
heil fucking hitler

Attached: and then hitler sama said GAS THE JEWS.jpg (460x258, 18K)

Nah, if it was the Gone Home it wouldn't have animation. As the store page states:
> No Combat, No Puzzles: Gone Home is a nonviolent and puzzle-free experience, inviting you to play at your own pace without getting attacked, stuck, or frustrated. This house wants you to explore it.
It's a game that revolutionizes the game industry by removing gameplay which ids a stupid and archaic element that has been holding video games back for generations. If Marnie was the Gone Home of anime it would remove that shitty element known as "animation" that's been holding anime back for generations and just consist of a series of stills

>if

Attached: 69cdaa1be6e3299cee968e832a8fce41d59a8284r1-540-290_hq.gif (540x290, 1.97M)

>I hear people complain that rebranding it for Japan made it look awkward/out of place, but I didn't get that feeling at all.
I don't think that it's much of a problem, but you gotta admit that upper class Englishmen throwing parties in some tiny japanese town in the middle of nowhere seems kind of far-fetched.

Based

That movie was comfy.

the film was also a bit spooky.

Attached: marnie.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

This. Really enjoyed the atmosphere of the movie. It perfectly captured the ambiance of being a kid on your own in a small town during the summer.

Attached: 1549470998040.png (1024x550, 771K)

I'd imagine that watching Anna go though the story without all the illusions covering up reality would be terrifying.

The Wind Rises takes the cake.

It's comfy and that's the problem, comfy stuff only works for 24-minute shows, in a 2-hour movie you just fall asleep-

That's the idea.

>yfw Marnie is about a lonely baby dyke turning her waifu into a tulpa

grave of the fireflies is

Nah that's the wind rises

don't make me suck your dick!

>Best
Only Yesterday
Yamadas
Whisper
Kaguya
Wind Rises
Ocean Waves

>Worst
Mononoke
Spirited Away
Laputa
Nausicaa
Howl
Earthsea

Kondo's movie is better but Marnie is good too.

Swap Wind Rises with Nausicaa and you are good

so, this is how absolute shit taste looks like...amazing

Attached: 1496009414288.jpg (240x320, 15K)

What the fuck are you smoking, how does this make any sense

While Goro is a waste of genetic material, Ursula Le Guin is just a shit writer, there was no way he could have saved those books

Yikes