Ace Attorney the Animation S2

Final episode subs will be out later today. Non-burger subs again most likely.

And of course, a reminder that Godot did literally nothing wrong.

Attached: 1448669395376.jpg (320x320, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3MlIclM8ILw&list=PLwr4APntuEQvy9IEejU3-hl3e_IC6XgpN
youtube.com/channel/UCWkxgxxLRAUg82NvjiIJVtw
gyakutensaibanlibrary.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how does he live on only coffee?

>No Feenris flashbacks besides this

It truly is physically painful to be a Feenris shipper

Attached: [Ohys-Raws] Gyakuten Saiban Season 2 - 23 END (NTV 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_18.03.538.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Attached: 1529543083611.png (361x595, 266K)

The same way Franky needs cola to life. Both are cyborgs.

If Simon Blackquill can be prosecutor while in prison, can Godot do the same?

Attached: Simon_Blackquill.png (1738x3769, 3.16M)

I would've liked Simon more if his design wasn't so chuuni.

Did this season ever use The Scent of Dark Coffee at all?

Watch the episode.

>Hate most of S1
>Hate half of S2
>legit enjoy all anime originals
>legit enjoy Bridge to Turnabout
Fucking hell, why put effort only at the very end? This isn't exactly good, but they at least stopped fucking shaming the source material,it's fun now.

I would legit enjoy a season of anime originals, beach episode was very nice.

They even started using Turnabout Sisters.

I think it makes it funnier in localization because he's a complete weeb there.

They fucked up Iris's confession hard. Fuck these pricks, shit adaptation.

Attached: 1545671732557.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

>Only Spanish rip is out

In Godot's ringtone.

Wait really? Shit I thought she was just there to bother him.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 491K)

As an anime-only, I was pretty impressed.
Good way to end a season.

Attached: 65468414242.jpg (1286x724, 77K)

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 309K)

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 474K)

There's one mystery I'd really like solved before the end.
Who the hell has been sliding his cups down the table?

Damn.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 456K)

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 458K)

>Maya spilling the beans within the first few seconds
Well, that's how anime adaptation goes I guess.

who's talking at the very end?

>first few seconds

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 411K)

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 421K)

>Anime-only
Congrats on settling for 5/10 adaptation of 10/10 game.

The case was pretty good, but goddamn compared to the game did Godot go down easily in the anime. He didn't even bring up how he was the one who brought the dagger there and could've faked the blood.

>watch first episode
>Subs are using different names
>anime is adaptation of a game
Is it a fate like situation?

Technically, she owns his office.

There's subs that use the same names as in the translated Games and then there are subs for the original names. I preferred the translated names as I played the games with them

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 284K)

Try the dubs. They use all localized names but stick with Japan over Japanifornia and ramen over burger.

>real tears
What the fuck?

Did he lose an eye or what?

Hahah.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 406K)

Oh no.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 382K)

>Still no burger subs on CR for this episode

Biggest twist to me.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 386K)

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 386K)

The subs say "he" which is a considerably bigger tell than the japanese which just says "that person."

>the sister twist
>wanting to protect and shit
>ED plays as insert song to the end
Fuck, good shit.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 398K)

I love that IGIYARI new season bait at the end. I hope so.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 531K)

Attached: godot.jpg (1088x612, 309K)

based

Attached: 1533062205075.jpg (1200x675, 63K)

>Nothing wrong
He did wrong at every single turn, putting blame on an innocent man, endangering the lives of women and children, causing several needless deaths. It is baffling how he was even accepted to act as a prosecutor in a court of law in the first case, and even moreso for each subsequent case.
And the worst part is, he's a better prosecutor and character than Klavier was.

Eh, Klavier wasn't that bad. A bit boring (because he wasn't an ass to Apollo), but his sense of justice and responsibility was commendable.

>wasn't an ass to Apollo
Pretty much any time he opened his mouth it was to insult "Herr Forehead" for taking so long to realize something Klavier figured out "ages ago".
>sense of justice and responsibility
If he really had either of those things he would come to court and said "the evidence points to a child who would have literally blasted his own arm off if he held the gun, obviously someone else did it", not stubbornly and adamantly claim that Machi was the killer until proven undoubtedly otherwise, and only then saying "Oh, ja, I knew all along, I was just testing you, Herr Forehead. You took longer than a normal person but I guess you did well for yourself. *guitar solo*"

>Pretty much any time he opened his mouth it was to insult "Herr Forehead"
That was just bantz. Outside of the courtroom, Klavier has always been a bro to Apollo.
>re: Machi
The same can be said about literally anyone who was involved in that case, it was just plain bad writing. What matters is that once the real killer was caught, Klavier took it like a champ.

>a bro
more like an obnoxious asshole. apollo and ema both internally and externally express as such.

Hm, they didn't cover that Iris is still going to prison, did they? Still, she got more time than I expected.

It was always a minor detail anyway.

Sad maya is pretty hot.

Attached: maya tears.png (1280x720, 336K)

Credits has Iris as Dahlia knitting something as well.

His ringtone and the end of the courtcase. He didn't continuously chug/drink coffee like that one scene though.

tfw Iris was never brought back and perfect waifu that actually loves Phoenix.

Attached: godot-chugs.gif (256x192, 37K)

Attached: I don't know anymore.png (1280x720, 602K)

>for all anime only
go watch the entire 10/10 case here
youtube.com/watch?v=3MlIclM8ILw&list=PLwr4APntuEQvy9IEejU3-hl3e_IC6XgpN

This is somehow the smuggest been through the entire thing.

Attached: phoenix smirk.png (1280x720, 457K)

is ace attorney worth it?
isnt it based off the game?
and it seems that each episode is somewhat discrete

It's worth it. Particularly if you don't want to put 20 hours into each game.

Attached: it's all over.png (1280x720, 721K)

for an anime thats full of QUALITY, i think they did a good job near the end
makes me wanna see apollo justice and onwards

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 138K)

Well, he is supposed to have a samurai motif, so the chunni part makes sense.

I first thought they actually cast the same person who voices dub Dahlia in there.

The anime dub Dahlia's VA actually was a fandub YTer before recently joining Funi though.

Apollo justice can possibly be better than the game, it's just that the staff who's working on it has to care enough, this final episode made me realize that.
1st game is a masterpiece. 3rd game is great. Your mileage may vary with the 2nd game.

weird suddenly they pulled out a bunch of actual game music.

I had fun anons. see you in 2020 or 2021 for Apollo?

Attached: mpc-hc64_2019-03-30_13-18-17.png (1280x720, 880K)

Adding the blood would have needed a minute of explanation, and they ran out of time, in general I think this would had been a perfect adaptation with 1 more episode, but oh well, the schedule have always been this anime worst enemy.

I shed a couple of tears.
I love Iris.
I'm glad they used Godot's theme.
I'm really pissed off that they didn't use it for the rest of the series.
I'll see you soon for apollo

Attached: 1528049097668.jpg (1920x1080, 749K)

dub Dahlia? fandub YTer? Funi?

youtube.com/channel/UCWkxgxxLRAUg82NvjiIJVtw

Subscribed, thanks

They actually showed it and used all the reminiscence themes.

Attached: godot has a bad cup of coffee.png (1280x720, 696K)

>Burger subs is late for episode
CR please.

Games absolutely worth it. Each game in original trilogy is at least dozen of hours of fun. It's more of a cheesy detective novel, but there are some genuine brain teasers as well.

You can stop at third one because from that point on Ace Attorney has been mostly varrying from just ok to great again, but you'll most likely fall in love with characters so much just ok will be just enough too.

Hell, this anime is garbage and I sat through 2 seasons of it. Anime has some good points (mostly anime original episodes written by game's creator), but most of the time you just get poorly animated from 40 to 60 percent of the story. Some characters are straight up cut from the anime. You'll also miss out on all the charming running gags (like presenting your badge and ladder vs stepladder argument) as anime forgot to adapt any of the charm of the games.

Dahlia's face in this episode was a nice sendoff.

>this anime is garbage and I sat through 2 seasons of it
The first half of S1 really is garbage. The rest are either mediocre to okay in my honest opinion.

>but most of the time you just get poorly animated from 40 to 60 percent of the story
That's how TV anime works most of the time. They will likely fix it for DVD/BD.

Worth noting that there is still one case from the original game('s DS remaster) that hasn't been adapted. It's fairly highly regarded, but we don't know if it ever will be adapted given that although there are characters introduced in it who reappear in later games, the canon status of the case itself is unknown.

>They will likely fix it for DVD/BD.
Kek, it's not like they'll add all the story they cut into DVDs. Besides, the DVDs of S1 have been long out, the changes are bare minimum. Most of the time they just fixed Pearl's pretzel hair. Yes, I actually did take my time to compare couple of episodes back to back, Ace Attorney

>The first half of S1 really is garbage.
Like, see, half of S1 is entire first game. And entire first game alone is fucking amazing, if you choose to experience it first as anime you basically spoil experiencing a really good fucking game for yourself forever. And what comes after isn't really worth it either, Matt Engarde's case was handled terribly, Luke Atmey and Furio Tigre's cases abysmal as well. You could especially see how constrained creators of anime feel regarding adapting the game because Furio Tiger's case is just 3 episodes and it's most likely because main gimmick regarding Tigre was that player would get penalized for pressing useless statements from Tigre, it's like, how do you even translate that into anime. Well, not like how they ended up doing.

I'll give anime version this though, all anime originals were ok. Especially the beach episode, they really should've settled for SoL spin-off desu.

Bait? it's just a "life goes on" ending. If you played the games, you'd know that this objection isn't teasing anything

Attached: coffee drinking.png (1280x720, 848K)

Attached: mpc-hc64_2019-03-30_14-00-19.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

Fun fact: in original draft Shu Takumi planned to kill all the Feys, including Pearls and Maya. The staff was so horrified by the ending they asked him to change it cause he really Tomino'd it up.

Really wanted to wrap up that spirit channeling plot line huh?

It could be a teaser for Rise from the Ashes TV Special.

>As an anime-only
What inspired you to watch this dogshit adaptation? At least the games will seem amazing if you get around tot hem.

>What inspired you to watch this dogshit adaptation?
It seems pretty standard all things considered.

The games are just that good that average is a negative.

They're doing Apollo next, right?

[citation needed]

Investigations is more likely.

I also can see S3 happening where they'll start from Rise from the Ashes in the first half, maybe if the rush it sum anime original, and second half is rushed adaptation of Apollo Justice via Ema connection.

He's doing that thing he always does.

Attached: edgeworth holding his arm.png (1280x720, 533K)

Fuck, I can't find the exact interview, but it's there.

gyakutensaibanlibrary.blogspot.com/

If you read on AA3 you might also find interview where Shu Takumi seriously considered that Shelly de Killer was channeled through Misty Fey the entire time.

Really well done the ending, but I still think they rushed it too much, just 1 more episode would have fixed some pacing problems, in the game taking down Godot was so fucking hard, a real last boss fight, but oh well.
>that post-credit scene
Yeah... did the people that made the anime realize that Phoenix lost his job just a couple of months after this case right...

Doubtfully, I would prefer they don't, without the psychelocks sure they could do it but it would lost a lot of meaning at the end, also they need to do Rise from the Ashes first, I think that an Investigations adaptations would work PERFECTLY, since BASIC LOGIC is more entertaining to adapt into an anime format.

I've always wanted to watch a courtroom-oriented show.
I don't play video games.
That's pretty much it.

Attached: godot and mia.png (1280x720, 881K)

Burger subs never. Hopefully it won't be as late as last week.

This was cute
What are the chances of seeing their kid on AA7?

I can't wait to watch her anime

Attached: Trucy_and_Mr._Hat.gif (256x192, 166K)

godot wouldn't leave such a loose end.

Odd they chose to change they the way Iris confessed, but it still works I guess.

What was changed?

>red doesn't exist in my world, these must be my tears
>cuts away then back to him
>now actual tears
It was done well enough in my opinion. Shame for no classic cornered theme though.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 146K)

Oh it's pretty minor. Mostly just the way it's ordered(The "I hope one day you can forgive me... Feenie." is moved to the end, for example). The part about Dahlia acting because she realized that Iris developed genuine feelings for Phoenix was also mostly dropped.

Bitch.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Gyakuten Saiban - Sono Shinjitsu Igi Ari 2nd Season - 23 END [720p][Multiple Subtitle].m (1280x720, 115K)

Attached: blue vs red.png (1280x720, 820K)

>No classic cornered theme
>No blood down his face
>No rise from the ashes
A fucking travesty, this adaptation

>happy ending
>everything goes to shit two months later

AJ adaptation when?

RftA will get a movie adaptation so it can remain questionably canon and separate from everything else in a way before AJ gets an anime, you'll see.

>t. shitposter who didn't even watch the episode.

Iris WORST

That's dahlia

I WANT HER TO KICK ME IN MY STOMACH
AND SPIT IN MY MOUTH

Attached: 1545881685052.png (1920x1080, 991K)

>AJ adaptation when?
Cant happen, so never. RftA, which introduced the Skyes, gave Edgeworth the motivation he needed to fuck off before JfA didn't get adapted, and now they have nowhere to slot that in. Maybe they could do what suggested, but I doubt it. Just be happy with what you got

*Miyanagi Chinami

You don't get the joke.

If they removed psyche lockes, no way is she getting an anime since they can't remove Trucy or Apollo's ability to perceive.

The perception mechanic is way less gamey and more workable in my opinion.

>they can't remove Trucy or Apollo's ability to perceive.
then they won't do that I guess.

They can just put RftA as a series of flashback eps in the Apollo series. This isn't that complicated.

RftA Ema and AJ Ema are quite different. Plus, RftA is too long for flashback episodes.

>RftA Ema and AJ Ema are quite different.
So what? A lot of time passed between her meeting with Phoenix and her becoming a detective, so it makes sense that she wouldn't be the same kid.
>Plus, RftA is too long for flashback episodes.
Apollo Justice is too short for it's own full series, this would help fill things out nicely.

Attached: 173784834.png (750x832, 552K)

They could do something ambitious for the last case.

Anime is only worth it if you want to revisit the games without actually playing them. For your first time, you definitely should play them, even if you don't like visual novels.

like repeating that fucking scene in full as many times as in the game

>so the chunni part makes sense
He is almost thirty

What's she covered in, Yea Forums?

Attached: dirty pearl.png (1280x720, 795K)

I want to lick Pearl's cu__y

Slightly teared up at the end, even though it was a QUALITY adaption it was still a comforting one and they wrapped it up nicely. Always wondered though, how did Godot get a wound underneath his mask if he was wearing it? If he got slashed around the eyes it should be his mask that has a scratch on it, how did it go beneath it?

In 7 years probably

I had completely forgotten about the fact that Ayame was the one who dated Wright for six months. That shit hit me pretty hard.

Why? We never saw any of those dates.

I played the game and watched the episode. I think it was adequate, but still do yourself a favor and watch the original game's trial on youtube or something. Now THAT was a 10/10 masterpiece. What a ride.

That's like 8 hours down the drain.

>Always wondered though, how did Godot get a wound underneath his mask if he was wearing it?
I'm pretty sure you cross examine Maya about seeing red lights at one point and then not seeing them at another point. I'm 99% certain the mask got knocked off at one point that night.

The anime really wasn't all that good if you played the games before but it's still sad to see it go. I hope we get hobo Wright in the next few years.

If they're well-spent they're not down the drain.

The mask was knocked off and Dahlia hit him in the face, possibly even the eye, with the knife before dying in Misty's body.

Godot is a top spy.

Attached: godot glows.png (1280x720, 385K)

Prosecutor Cell: Godot Theory

I will miss my wife

>>No blood down his face
the post you're quoting proves you wrong idiot

She left mia loose alright.

Attached: 1414713401777.png (471x467, 330K)