>MC looses the final fight
What other shows do this

Attached: Mc.png (1919x1079, 2.23M)

Pokémon

Pokemon

It's Pokémon

reminder

Attached: WHYYY.png (250x192, 65K)

Attached: ashita_no_joe joe_yabuki.jpg (192x144, 7K)

devilman

Bad anime that appeals to normals

War in the Pocket
Gundam 00 S1

but user artsy tits and gore and fujo bait come on user its so deep masaaki yuasa is ebic!!!

Attached: 1550525358572.png (500x500, 159K)

i was talking about the ova you fucking retards

Yu Yu Hakusho

That's the screen shot I posted user....

Saint Seiya.

MC doesn't manage to inflict any significant wound to Hades and gets stabbed in the heart. Then Athena and MC's friends avenge him and are the ones who actually kill Hades.

Attached: 3f36c33e2f420ecf4e1614a7b2344a11.jpg (864x723, 145K)

Sorry, Yuu Yuu Hakusho

cute and motivated

At least he punched Jose into retirement, right?

Attached: 1552285317186.jpg (280x330, 58K)

Crybaby isn't the only incarnation of Devilman, retards

Attached: What you lack IS THIS.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

Tokyo Ghoul
Prison School
Death Note
Ghost in the Shell 1995

We don't know
Who is this and why do I want to fuck her?
No shit

Dante from Symphogear
Because she is hot

Attached: 1553465552502.webm (1280x720, 2.13M)

What's that from? That cutscene isn't in DMCV, cut content?

Pocket Monsters

>she

Kengan Ashura
There's more but I can't remember yet

bloody palace free dlc

Dragon Ball Cell Saga

>looses

loliball did it twice

Dragon Ball first & second world tournament arcs, Steel Ball Run

Kengan Asura.

Attached: Kuroki_Gensai,_Master_of_the_Fist.png (500x500, 173K)

Can't believe nobody said Pokemon yet.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

TG part 1

>crybaby invented devilman being shit for edgy kids

I remember Pokémon doing this when Ash finally gets to the Pokémon league.

What a shock to my childhood self.

Season 1 of JoJo

Gundam Seed Destiny

Attached: 1553651850674.jpg (640x695, 73K)

In the Toei series, Akira dies in the first episode.

Attached: tumblr_p2rms6YCfR1wl8pslo1_640.png (639x479, 470K)

Why doesn't more shows leave it non-obvious who is going to win fights? It's just so dull when you know that no matter what happens, MC will win (99% of shounens).

part 6 also when its animated

With Jolyne? Yeah pretty surprised she was killed off since she was pretty young, felt like she got the short end of the shit stick

Slam Dunk?

Utena

its not about if the hero wins or loses but the emotions they experience along the way

Don't dare to remind me that! Sakuragi also had to retire because of his back injury.
Shaman King also counts. In the end, nobody could defeat, not even make a scratch to, Hao, and he ended forfeiting the match.
Also, the 1st Mazinger Z series. Z turned into a pile of metallic horseshit just to make Great Mazinger look good by comparison.
But also there's the father of the anime where MC loses. Ashita no Joe.

I know Pokemon has been mentioned, but seriously, it happened again, for the fucking 20th anniversary at that!

It really depends on the show, and the stakes of the any given fight. If the story isn't at it's conclusion, and the hero needs to win to either survive or advance the plot well then that question answers itself. Like JoJo provides a good answer to that question, since every fight is usually a mortal struggle (or at least presented that way) it's less about the outcome than the technicality of the fight itself.

However if your at the end of a story, or the stakes are relatively low the hero can lose.

The outcome of the final tournament in Yu Yu Hakisho comes to mind as an example of the former, and the Hero Academia tournament arc is a recent example of a low stakes defeat.

>Who is this and why do I want to fuck her?
Because you're mentally ill.

To be fair, Athena delivers the final blow in every non-movie boss. She killed Saga, sealed Poseidon and killed Hades

It also depends on the end goal.
In Shana 3, Yuji lost the final battle but he won the war.
Then there is also how one view winning and losing. Some can say Simon won the battle but others can say that he lost due to not being able to save his love which is the main reason he travelled all the way to enemy base.
There is also story that MC and the world are doomed at the start, no matter what MC does. Eva is a good example, and recently Gundam IBO. Or that Precure shows that just ends, they won the final battle but the fundamental problem still remains and need to be tackle on in their future.
Is winning with the cost of other's sacrifice called a win?...it all comes down to how you view one a win or lose situation.

>"her"

jojo part 6

Narratively speaking, MC doesn't win this tournament, but her fight against the current Prize Queen is still meaningful and character-defining for both of them.
Narratively, MC was doomed to not win the tournament and to not become the year's Prize Queen the moment Mio and Kazane were on it.

Attached: x13.png (764x1198, 230K)

Half the reason why GOT is so fun to watch is that there isn't a lot given.
Meanwhile something like Samurai Flamenco have bizarre escalations that is fun to watch, but its a given how its going to end, and it does go there exactly as intended.

Attached: 1301406948607.jpg (650x919, 204K)

The old man was the perfect example of a dark horse. Didn't expect him of all people to breeze through all the fights