Ninja Scroll Sequel Cancelled?

What the FUCK happened to the new Ninja Scroll anime we were suppose to be getting?

Attached: Ninja-Scroll-Kocho-Destacada.jpg (1302x735, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BEJYr-ZMYw9/
imdb.com/name/nm0644470/
imdb.com/name/nm0475846/
imdb.com/name/nm0847575/
imdb.com/name/nm1997856/
imdb.com/name/nm0849458/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Call me when they do a sequel to Ninja Resurrection

F

Same thing that happened to the new Vampire Hunter D anime

Bump

I didn't know this was canceled but thank fucking christ. I heard it was suppose to be 3DCG. You can't go from making one of the most aesthetically beautiful looking films to CGshit. I don't want to see it suffer the same fate as Cyborg 009.

fuck

This was for

So D was going to cgshit?

Yee. It was going to be Americanized also

>concept art live action
instagram.com/p/BEJYr-ZMYw9/

Thank Christ is was cancelled then.

Can someone explain to me why Ninja Scroll is talked about so often? I just watched it for the first time tonight (I'm 27). It was good, but not good enough that I'd recommend it like everyone on anime boards seem to.

>It was good
Gee I wonder why people would recommend it?

It's nostalgia for me. One of the first I ever watched and got me into watching OVAs when I was a young teen. I have it on VHS.

because it's still one of the most visually stunning and impressive action packed animated films ever made. You can't appreciate it nowadays because you are spoiled with endless content due to the internet, but it was a real game changer in 1993. It's just a treat for anime fans who love to see cool shit. It's not a deep or complex story with complicated characters. Just enjoy the eye candy with fluid animation, dope designs, gore, tits, and all the fun stuff anime boomers love. I think it's even more significant nowadays since nothing like it exists today. All the movies now are either based on an already existing anime franchise or it's generic romdrams/SoL stories with forgettable characters, boring dialogue, run-of-the-mill character designs, and dragged out melodramatic sequences.

my man

Everything is shit nowadays, specially revivals of good old shit, so it's probably a good thing.

Except when Koike is involved. His work on the Trigun movie and Lupin III are the greatest things this dexaee has to offer.

Bump

Princess Mononoke has the same art staff as Ninja Scroll
imdb.com/name/nm0644470/
imdb.com/name/nm0475846/
imdb.com/name/nm0847575/
imdb.com/name/nm1997856/
imdb.com/name/nm0849458/

>These are series more than 20 years old.
This is something only Netflix would pick up.

Based on what? It's not uncommon for an old franchise to get new adaptions. We've literally just got a new City Hunter movie last month after 20 years. Netflix did however just licensed an upcoming Spriggan anime.

Bump

Bump again

hol up, we got a new city hunter movie? is it good? I only got into the series a week ago.

It is good. It's what you expect except it's cleaner looking and takes place in modern day